What are your first 5 stops onboard?

I'm not sure what mine will be, but it will include
1) lunch--hopefully outside at the buffet
2) find Vibe for DS
3) maybe do aquaduck
4) DVC reception

Daisyx3

Newbie question: is there a reason not to book Palo online ahead of time? Do they open up more times once onboard?

We have it booked already online, it is strongly recommended to book online ahead of time. However they have a chunk of tables reserved for onboard bookings so that those who forgot to book online get a chance to go to Palo. Also when you book online you are only allowed to book one buffet and one dinner and we want to book a second buffet so we have to do that on the ship! :)

Also you can go to lumiere's (or Tritons or I think royal table on the dream and fantasy) to switch your dining rotation if it is available and also get on the waitlist to go to main dining if you are in second seating

Thanks! Who would I tell about dinner seating?

If you want any requests for dining on your reservation - seating on your own, a specific rotation, a specific server, etc, you can call DCL and ask to place a note on your reservation. Better to do this in advance of the cruise, probsbly at least a few weeks ahead. If you want to know if your requests we're honoured, you can check in on the ship once you board at whatever venue is listed for dining changes. If your requests were missed or not honoured, they can try to meet them then,

Aby

We have it booked already online, it is strongly recommended to book online ahead of time. However they have a chunk of tables reserved for onboard bookings so that those who forgot to book online get a chance to go to Palo. Also when you book online you are only allowed to book one buffet and one dinner and we want to book a second buffet so we have to do that on the ship! :)

Also you can go to lumiere's (or Tritons or I think royal table on the dream and fantasy) to switch your dining rotation if it is available and also get on the waitlist to go to main dining if you are in second seating
Aha!! Got it!! I booked brunch at Palo one day, dinner at Remy another day. I didn't realize there were limits. Thanks for the info!!

yup calling in advance for select rotation on the DCL line helps... but on embarkation day, one of the main dining rooms has the dining team in there arranging guest questions regarding rotations, second seating main seating and Palo reservations - it is triton's on the wonder, believe it is lumiere's on magic and maybe royal table on Fantasy and Dream?

also where do we go to enter Spa Raffle?

To enter the spa raffle you will need to attend the spa open house, and when you are there you can fill out a ballot. You do need to be present to win. Check the navigator for the specific time for the open house and raffle.

Aby

When will we know if the breakfast is with the Fab 5 and not Disney Jr? Will it be printed in navigator at embarkation or stand in line and ask at Guest Service or do you not know til you get to breakfast? (surely not the last one, with preschoolers involved...)
On the first page of the Navigator it will either say "Disney Jr Character Breakfast" or "Character Breakfast" in the area where the ticket distributions are mentioned.

What time are you all arriving at the ship to do several things before lunch?
I could be a little off on exact times, but from what I remember, we had a PAT of 10:35 last time, was onboard a little after 11. We stood in a very long line to get signed up for ticketed events, stood in another line to meet Minnie Mouse on the balcony since the kids saw her there while we were waiting at port adventure for the tickets, went to the spa to sign up for massages and gym classes, tried to get palo brunch (was not successful BTW), added some gift cards to our account at guest services, then went eat lunch. It was too much in a very short timeframe and a stressful start to our vacation IMO. Hoping we can hit the pools first and aqua duck will open early enough to get that done before lunch too while everyone else is running around

If you are anything like me, embarkation day is a day that you have planned out thoroughly. And the first few hours-for me at least-have pretty much the same pattern on every Disney sailing. What are your first five "must-do's" onboard a Disney Cruise on embarkation day? Mine are as follows:

Go up to deck 5 port excursions desk and get tickets for all complimentary events

Go to Cabanas and enjoy lunch while seated as close to the windows as possible

Enter in Spa raffle

Take kids to the Open house at the Oceaneers club.

Head toward the staterooms to unpack and enjoy the room before heading to the muster drill.:beach:
1.Lunch at Parrot Cay
2.Get tickets for meet and greets
3.Lunch at Topsiders
4.Ensure correct excursions are booked
5.Lunch poolside at Goofys
6.Time permitting ice cream

If you are anything like me, embarkation day is a day that you have planned out thoroughly. And the first few hours-for me at least-have pretty much the same pattern on every Disney sailing. What are your first five "must-do's" onboard a Disney Cruise on embarkation day? Mine are as follows:

Go up to deck 5 port excursions desk and get tickets for all complimentary events

Go to Cabanas and enjoy lunch while seated as close to the windows as possible

Enter in Spa raffle

Take kids to the Open house at the Oceaneers club.

Head toward the staterooms to unpack and enjoy the room before heading to the muster drill.:beach:

What are the complimentary events?

1. Sign up for tastings.
2. Change Palo or Remy day/time if necessary.
3. My preference is to eat lunch at either Enchanted Garden or other buffet (depending on ship) where we're seated and our drinks are served. However, last cruise we had lunch at Cabanas.
4. If kids are with us, go to open house at the clubs. If not, change into bathing suits and hang out by the adult pool.
5. Stop by a bar!

Now, granted we've only done one cruise but I already know what the next one will entail for our first stops.
1) Character Breakfast scheduling
2) Nearest Bar for a vacation beverage (that could be number one if the wife and I divide and conquer).
3) PEEL AND EAT SHRIMP!
4) From this point on, it's a "what ever happens, happens" kind of thing.

Oh you said 5 steps...5) get another beverage.

I plan on:

board, send family to eat at Enchanted Gardens while I do the running for the ticketed events
drop off bags/unpack
pool
drinks
sailaway party!

To enter the spa raffle you will need to attend the spa open house, and when you are there you can fill out a ballot. You do need to be present to win. Check the navigator for the specific time for the open house and raffle.

Aby

What is the prize(s) for the spa raffle? How long do you have to wait before they announce the winner?

Anna and Elsa meet and greet
Princess Gathering
Character Breakfast
We've got a princess crazy 4 year old, should we get in line at guest services as soon as we board to lock in tickets to these? Also, if we board by 1 do you think we'll still get tickets for all available character events (specifically breakfasts)?

1. Cabanas : My 13 year old son has his traditional "welcome home lunch" that he gets from the buffet . :) And sitting by the window is always desirable.
2. Eye Scream station for our 1st cones of the week. My DH, DD and DS, can usually get a couple in there to my one.
3. Rainforest Spa pass/raffle
4. If the cabin is ready, drop off carryons. Send the hubby and kids to do Detective Agency while I wait for luggage and unpack. Out of all our cruises so far, I am completely done by 2:30. This is when I am officially on vacation! :)
5. Muster drill with the family and then head back to the verandah to sail away. We wave at the folks at Fishlips and the Jetty park as we go by and watch the Harbor pilot get off the ship onto his speedboat. It is fascinating. Also, like to see the Sherrifs boats out there too.

So looking forward to cruise number 7 in 4 days and 34 minutes. Not that I am counting down or anything. :)

Following (First Timer too). So you have to go to Deck 5 to get character meet and greet? Is this Deck 5 on all ships (Im sailing on the Magic..). About the kids club open house....is that drop in anytime or do we have to sign up? Also what time do the drills start?? Im planning on boarding around 12:30ish, so I want to make sure Im not gonna miss tickets...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter