What are your first 5 stops onboard?

ladyj0212

"Dream"ing of Disney Cruise
If you are anything like me, embarkation day is a day that you have planned out thoroughly. And the first few hours-for me at least-have pretty much the same pattern on every Disney sailing. What are your first five "must-do's" onboard a Disney Cruise on embarkation day? Mine are as follows:

Go up to deck 5 port excursions desk and get tickets for all complimentary events

Go to Cabanas and enjoy lunch while seated as close to the windows as possible

Enter in Spa raffle

Take kids to the Open house at the Oceaneers club.

Head toward the staterooms to unpack and enjoy the room before heading to the muster drill.:beach:

1. Drop off carry on in room;
2. Check excursion tickets are correct and go to Port Adventures desk if not (had to do this a couple of times);
3. Go to Guest Services and check dates and times for various tastings and get tickets;
4. Lunch;
5. Return to cabin and unpack carry on (and hopefully luggage if dropped off).

Then:
  • life boat drill
  • sail away party
  • grab a snack from deck
  • back to room to sit on balcony and drink champagne (arranged to be in cabin already) and eat snack as we pull out from port.

Port Adventures for meet and greet tickets.
Cabanas for lunch.
Guest Services or whatever location listed in Navigator to sign up for tasting classes.
Kids Clubs.
Stateroom to get settled in.

Spa to get week long Rainforest pass/raffle
I will have to do this now "Go up to deck 5 port excursions desk and get tickets for all complimentary events"
Eat lunch
Tour the teen or preteen club (only part of the ship I havnt seen yet)
Drills/room

For the newbies....

We took our first cruise 3 years ago and doing number 2 in May. I didn't know any of this stuff and still had a great time. This is great info, but don't stress about not knowing something.

That's said...

1. Get tickets for character meets
2. Sign up for tastings
3. Grab a beer
4. Eat at Carioca's (with little kids and bags I like the little bit is service it offers even if I wait)
5. Got to club open house to watch the kids joy

1Get tickets for character breakfast and character meets.

2. Cabanas

3. Usually by that time room is ready. Drop off carry on bag, freshen up.

4. Go take a walk in places I can't go in once the cruise starts. Like kids areas.

5. Take Walk through spa

1. Tickets for character meets
2. Lunch at cabanas
3. Hit the aquaduck! (swimsuits are under our clothes)
4. Ideally stateroom will be ready so unpack/organize
5. Cruise meet and greet (meet some of the other guests and kids can meet some friends!)

1. Try not to hop up and down with glee that we are back. It tends to make the hubby uncomfortable. :)
2. Cabanas for Lunch
3. Check our Dinner Reservations and Table - I have anxiety issues and we usually request a table for two. So we check to see if we have gotten it or can they change.
4. Go to Deck 5 to people watch and read the Navigator to see what we plan to do later
5. Head to the room, unpack the carry on and usually luggage is shortly behind.

1. Lunch
2. Visit kid's clubs Open Houses
3. Walk the ship
4. Drop of carry ons/check for checked bags
5. Unpack before muster, if possible.

1.Parrot Cay/ enchanted garden for lunch- there is some sort of lemon dessert that is only served on the first day of the cruise at the buffets that I must eat to mark the beginning of my vacation
2. Sign up for tastings
3.Check in DS at the Vibe
4.Check in DS at Edge
5. Hang out on top deck with a frozen strawberry piña colada while waiting for room to be ready

Dreaming of it now while stuck in a snowstorm

Please forgive the newbie question... what is "Rainforest pass"?

A rainforest pass is a pass that can be purchased for access to the rainforest room of the spa. With this pass, you have unlimited access to the rainforest room amenities such as scented showers, saunas, heated tile loungers, and hot tubs.

**note, the rainforest room is only located on the Dream and Fantasy**

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter