What are you missing? What do you hope and pray comes back to Disney?

Flying Fish
Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk and the rest of the BW entertainment
APs
The paid morning events at the Magic Kingdom

What are we missing? Just being in that Disney bubble. Walking on Main Street and having the magic wash over you. And we hope FastPass Plus comes back

#1. For us, it's the Winnie the Pooh buffet at Crystal Palace. I realize it's a huge wish, but I'm still wishing it!

#2 The Epcot Kidcot Fun Stops ... Have the maybe returned by now? How about the kids' Passports? Are they still selling those?

#3 The Luau at Polynesian

#4 The Disney Magic ... We sort of feel like it's disappeared a bit, maybe it's just us. It seems like EVERY thing is solely becoming about their films anymore, Norway turns into Frozen, Mexico is probably Coco based, but I haven't checked, France becoming Ratatouille focused, the Canada movie is out, which means it's probably going to be turning into a Brother Bear theme or the like, the Polynesian is all about Moana now, the Contemporary is Incredibles influenced, Artist Point in WL changed to a character meal and got rid of their Copper River salmon, which was heartbreaking to us. I miss the days when Epcot was about learning more about other nations, the people, the language, the flags, the souvenirs, the architecture. It was the one place we could go in Florida, and really feel a world away. So many changes, but not many that tickle our fancy.
So I will say Mexico has incorporated more Coco into the pavilion entry but it's not overwhelming. I'd say if the three caballeros becomes Coco, then it's too much. I like that movie but it's not necessary to add filmography to every part of the parks. I feel like they do this to add more interest from park goers who haven't seen this films to hopefully get more dollars out of the movies.

I hope the fireworks dessert parties come back, those were so much fun. I also think they need to bring back the epcot monorail but until they're further on the construction parts under the beam, that will probably be a little bit longer. They don't want us to see their work in progress. I also hope more walking up to order meals is back, I've seen and heard that more cashier CM are present so that's good news.

CHH
Monorail to Epcot
Resort prices we can afford (not gonna happen)
Having CM's on monitors making your dinner reservations as soon as you enter the parks. Does anyone remember those? (Also not returning, but it was fun)
A night time parade
Here's an oldie but goodie--the Swan Boats
Most of these won't happen, but still fun to make the list :goodvibes

THE SWAN BOATS- Yes that's an oldie. I know my parents said we rode them but I don't remember so I think they just lied to me. LOL! And yes, the CM on the monitors was also at Epcot, we totally thought that was the future!! Most trips we took early 80s-mid 90s with my family, we made walk up reservations. Ahh, we can dream!!!

Flying Fish
Jiko and Victoria Falls Lounge
Yachtsman and Crews Cup Lounge
Cali Grill brunch (fine if not a buffet)
Full menus - not abbreviated
Special events during the Food & Wine festival
EPCOT monorail
Package delivery to resorts
Special tours like Wild Africa Trek or Keys to the Kingdom
Candlelight Processional and the storytellers

But to flip your question around... "new" things I hope stay:

Distancing in lines (and elsewhere)
Wide availability of hand sanitizer
Distancing of tables in restaurants (looking at you, San Angel Inn, Le Cellier, Chefs de France)
Mobile order
Cavalcades
Surprise character appearances (like Pooh chasing butterflies behind the fence at EPCOT)

Sadly I don't think line distancing is sticking around. Been to the parks recently and most of the ground stickers are gone. And even when they were there, a lot of people ignored them and still got your space bubble UGH!! So far I've heard a few spots where they've asked guests to "fill in all available space" at Epcot and at the boat lunch to MK. Also for some areas of the parks, Epcot especially with all the construction walls, you are shoulder to shoulder with others. Fireworks this past week have been close proximity too. Also, several restaurants that couldn't open because of social distancing like Casey's etc are now open because they're doing away with spacing. So that ship has sailed. I wish it had stuck around too, I dislike people in my personal space (and people who are close talkers). Know your limits people! :)

1900 Park Faire. It's a tradition for us!
Kidcot fun stops too, I spend a lot of time just coloring in Epcot. It's what makes it my favorite park.

Disney’s Magical Express. :sad2: I would pay for it. The luggage service was worth it to me. I know Mears will have a “similar” service, but it won’t be free and I highly doubt luggage service will be included.

The Contemporary rooms without the ”Incredibles” redo. The rooms needed an upgrade, but this misses the mark IMHO.

I want all the street performers to return, and the orchestra at GF and YeHawBob at POR> Those things really make the atmosphere special.
Second would be DME back again.
I agree with the OP that alot of the magic is gone now, with the cuts and changes. I hope disney brings back some of the little things that make the trip special.

I am missing Walt Disney World, so I hope and pray that *I* come back to Walt Disney World soon!

(Actually going back in NINE DAYS for the first time since Jan 2020!)

I hate having to make park reservations and not being able to have purchases sent to your hotel.

Dining Plan in 2021
Minnie Vans
BOG QS lunch
Epcot Monorail
Flying Fish
Buffets
Full Menus
Fast Pass
Candlelight Processional
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Parades

Reactions: nyy
So I will say Mexico has incorporated more Coco into the pavilion entry but it's not overwhelming. I'd say if the three caballeros becomes Coco, then it's too much. I like that movie but it's not necessary to add filmography to every part of the parks. I feel like they do this to add more interest from park goers who haven't seen this films to hopefully get more dollars out of the movies.

I hope the fireworks dessert parties come back, those were so much fun. I also think they need to bring back the epcot monorail but until they're further on the construction parts under the beam, that will probably be a little bit longer. They don't want us to see their work in progress. I also hope more walking up to order meals is back, I've seen and heard that more cashier CM are present so that's good news.

THE SWAN BOATS- Yes that's an oldie. I know my parents said we rode them but I don't remember so I think they just lied to me. LOL! And yes, the CM on the monitors was also at Epcot, we totally thought that was the future!! Most trips we took early 80s-mid 90s with my family, we made walk up reservations. Ahh, we can dream!!!
It was great pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter