What’s going on with Disney World’s customer service????

cnewb

Earning My Ears
My family recently went to Disney World and for the most part the experience was great. The parks were more crowded in January than I expected, but we were still able to enjoy our trip. Cast members were amazing as usual, especially one of the Photo Pass photographers on Main Street. She really made my daughter feel like a princess for those few moments in front of the castle.

BUT… we had a couple minor issues that we wanted to resolve. One issue being that we haven’t gotten access to Photo Pass photos that we paid for when we bought the tickets.

Let me tell you… getting ahold of a customer service agent that can help via phone, email, or chat is IMPOSSIBLE, especially when “all circuits are busy”.

What on earth is going on in their customer service department? I get that there are staffing shortages, but anytime I’ve gotten ahold of someone, they redirect me. Or in the case of chat, they mark the issue as “resolved” without responding. This seems to only exacerbate any shortages.

How are travel agents dealing with this? Is there a noticeable difference between Universal and Disney’s customer service?

I agree. this is ridiculous.
I too have been having trouble getting access to my Memory Maker photos. I can see them but it doesn't seem to have been linked properly to my account. i sat on hold for 90 min to be given the wrong info which didn't help. I e-mailed 10 days ago, and again 3 days ago, and will try again shortly. I only have until the beginning of March when I figure I'll purchase it again and then fight them for a refund.

I hadn’t thought about purchasing memory maker again! My pics also expire in March, I may give that idea a whirl 👍🏻 Thx

So I will say this: you might not be seeing some pictures because someone in the photo had the mask down. Which unfortunately happened to someone when I went to go ask about something regarding our memory maker (my stupid self accidentally hit the wrong magic band scanner in test track-yes I know it automatically is uploaded….I do it anyway and tapped the wrong one and wanted to make sure that family got theirs).

I have sent multiple e-mails since the 7th. I want to try calling but what # should I call? The photopass #? the MDE/ magic band #, ? something else?

I was told to call the PhotoPass Line (407-560-4300). Although, I’ve tried calling this number without much luck, just getting the “all circuits are busy”.

I did end up paying for Memory Maker again just to get photos before they expired. And I’ve also submitted a transaction dispute through the credit card company rather than trying to get ahold of Disney :/ Maybe that’s an option you may be able to try?

Just an update. Disney did finally email me back. They are refunding the $199.00 charge I made to get access to the photos before they expired. I’m glad I listened to your advice because the photos would have expired before they responded… But they did respond.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter