Western excursions- if you've taken any, please read

kpgclark

<font color=339900>There's nothing hum drum about
It's time for us to book our excursions and we're still waffling as to whether to take any or not. We're thinking about the following ones for Cozumel and if you've ever taken them can you let us know whether you thought it was a good excursion:

Fury Catamaran Sail, Snorkel & Beach Party (3.5-4 hours)
Price: $42 (ages 10 and above) Child: $25 (ages 5-9)

Atlantis Submarine Expedition (2-2.5 hours)
Price: $75 (ages 10 and above) Child Price: $50 (ages 4-9, must be at least 36" tall)

Cozumel Ruins & Beach Tour (4-4.5 hours)
Price: $45 (ages 10 and above) Child: $32 (ages 5-9)

I was also wondering, can you get float rentals the day you need them at Castaway or do you really have to book them in advance?
Can you easily get a cab both ways to Seven mile beach? Is there a closer beach to the dock than Seven Mile Beach? Do you have to pay to use the beach?

The Fury Catamaran was a BLAST! Great boat and crew, and you get time to snorkel as well as hang out on a beach. I highly recommend it -- it's priced very reasonably too.

I have never booked float rentals in advance for Castaway Cay, you can always get them there that day.

Cabs are a breeze to where ever you want to go. Our son had the teen cruise scheduled with Fury but was cancelled, as were many excursions due to high winds and rough seas. Those that did make it out came back in varrious shades of blue:(

We did a cab trip to Mr. Sanchos and enjoyed it very much. No crowd, shade if you wanted, no charge as long as you bought a soda or beer:cool: , Food was awesome. They have a nice pool for small kids, very clean bathrooms and changing area. There are pay access beaches, not sure on seven mile.

They have pay rentals of wave runners, a trampoline, kayaks etc. There are also plenty of vendors selling the local wares as you walk into the beach if you want some trinkets.

They also have ladies doing hair braiding.

Regarding the floats on CC, don't bother in advance unless you are getting an AAA 10% discount which only applies for on board rental. There were two lines, one for reserved and one not, but no noticible difference on our Nov trip. Note they have two types of floats, the mat type and the big round tubes like at the water parks.

Stake your claim on the beach and then go back and get your floats, The prime beach space is gobbled up quickly.

There is a closer beach to the North which is supposed to be good for snorkling, not sure of the name, Duzlhi or something like that.

Have fun

We did the Fury Catamaran in October and Loved it!!!!!!!

I highly recommend it! You can see pics of us on it at my website!!

Kamy

Anyone know what the timeline is for the Fury? What time do you leave the ship? How long do you snorkel for? Anyone have experience with a 6 or 8 year old snorkeling? My kids can "swim" but have never snorkeled. If you stay on the boat can you see some fish off the side?

Thanks for all your help!
Kathy

I can't help you on the times but when we did Captn Marvins in Gr Cayman my DS 9 used here own PFD. (personal flotation device). It made the world of difference in courage for her to get into the water which will be well over their heads at times. Not to mention the fear of the fish and rays which can be alot for beginers (adults) never mind small kids. Get you kids to a local pool with snorkle gear, it makes a big differece even just one time. If you do not own a PFD, a 20$ investment is worth it and many disney themed vests are available. Besides it makes for good packing cusions to protect the carry on wine bottles.

You will have way less stress and fond memories.:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter