We're going to Disneyland!!!

ourfamilyofsix

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disneyland in May. We went to Walt Disney World 7 years ago, but none of us have ever been to DL.

We have four children, the youngest is 4. We are staying off-property and celebrating our anniversary while there.

Anyway, most of us are very excited.

Lodging is booked

Ordered Unofficial Guide to Disneyland

Signed up for Disney VISA

Registered on disneyland.com so we can save favorites

We will be going to Disneyland with the military deal so we get 3 days at Disney. We are also wanting to do 1 day at Legoland.

Congratualtions on both your anniversary and your trip. You said that your youngest is four how old are the others?

We're a family of six going to Disneyland for the first time as well. We're arriving Monday April 6th. Will that be a crazy time?

Kids are 17, 13,12 and 10. First time being out of Canada for my wife and kids.

Bought 5 day park hoppers for the crew. Three days in San Diego as well.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

If you have any questions about the parks, just ask. I've been more time than I can count. Can't help you though about lodging-we always stay at home! :rotfl2:

Hope you have a wonderful time!

If you have any questions about the parks, just ask. I've been more time than I can count. Can't help you though about lodging-we always stay at home! :rotfl2:

My dad owns time shares, so he hooked up the place to stay.

At the time of the trip, the children will be 11, 10, 8, and 5

We are using the military promo, so we get 3 days there, but we are also going to Legoland for 1 day.

We've been apporved for the Disney VISA, just waiting for it to show up. How big are the strollers at DL, will a 5 yo fit in one?

I signed the kids up for the Lego Brickmaster club, so they all get tickets with that.

We are going to look like dorks, I know, but we all have fanny packs now. I hate having something over my shoulder all day.

We are also planning to go to Medieval Times while there.

Sounds like you'll have a great time. Early May shouldn't be super bad for crowds!!
The strollers should be big enough for a 5 yr old (as long as he's not a huge 5 yr old)
Looking forward to hearing more about your plans!! :flower3:

The strollers should be big enough for a 5 yr old (as long as he's not a huge 5 yr old)
Looking forward to hearing more about your plans!! :flower3:

No he's not huge, so that will be good, I know he'll get tired so having a stroller will be great.

And my VISA came today, which I am excited about.

Now my thing is autograph books, I have been looking at some that others have designed which are great, but I'm not sure exactly what to do. I saw some where people just used the photo albums and pulled out the character they needed. Does that work okay? Do characters have a harder time signing it?

The first trip in 2005 we bought a small spiral notebook to use for autographs. This worked great...just wish I could have found one without the lines on it.

The trip last March, we bought the fancy autograph books at DL. They had colored pages(with designs in the background) that had a spot for putting a picture in. Well this worked fine thru about half the trip & then it was full. So then we had autographs on the pages with the picture holders. We finally went a bought a cheap autograph book at the Newstand (by the entrance) & it was perfect. Wish we had gotten this to start with. Plain white paper. Easy to see their autographs & no picture holders to get in the way.....

Bring a sharpee or large pen. A lot of the characters have a difficult time holding them....so the bigger (around) the better. We've always used ball point pens, but this year we're bringing sharpees. (we've seen a lot of people using them).

Hope that helps!! :thumbsup2

I have a friend that is extremely crafty and she made a scrapbook type of autograph book. With pages for every letter in the alphabet. They even asked the regular CM's for autographs, often making the day of the CM's. She decorated each page with stickers and stamps of different Disney related things for each letter of the alphabet. And now her daughter and her new one on the way have a cool way to learn there alphabet and she had a ball putting it all together.

On a side note I have another friend who brings gifts for the characters. Like a fork for Arial and acorns for Chip and Dale. I am thinking about doing the gifts.

I was looking for a plain (Unruled) memo book, but couldn't find a spiral bound one, still looking, but toying with the idea of making something.

I was looking for a plain (Unruled) memo book, but couldn't find a spiral bound one, still looking, but toying with the idea of making something.

Do you have a Michael's where you live? Or even Walmart may have something in the craft department.

Do you have a Michael's where you live? Or even Walmart may have something in the craft department.

I couldn't find anything at Michael's. All the unruled journals they had were really long, at least 8". I know I've seen smaller journals before, but I didn't need them then, lol. I'm going to see what they have at the office supply store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter