We're back!

kaoden39

<font color=peach>Prayers and pixie dust from your
Hi everybody!

We are back after a wonderful trip to Disneyland. I was really looking forward to this trip because it had been over 2 years since we had been and it was long over due. I planned and planned for this trip wanting to make everything right. I made reservation at the Carnation Cafe hoping to have the potato soup. That was the meal I was looking forward too.
I ended up getting sick on the way down and couldn't eat the first few days I was there so goodbye potato soup. My hubby, my Mom and I sent the kids and my niece off to Disneyland during the day and we stayed at the hotel. Ah but I get ahead of myself. We had reservations at the Disneyland Hotel and when I went to the desk to pre-register (because it was morning) I asked if there was anything available then and we were lucky enough to get rooms on the 6th floor of the Marina Tower with a great view of the pool. There was this really nice gentleman named Robert working at the front desk who did magic and got me into a room right away. Yay Robert! After an afternoon of resting and taking care of myself I was ready to go spend a few hours at the park. We were able to go on Pirates of the Caribbean and it was the first time since the big refurb and I like the changes. There are some great new effects. We kind of just meandered around I was a little too sick to go wander far or do much.
By the time I woke up on Tuesday I was determined to do more I mean after all I was at the Happiest Place on Earth.:banana: I got off to a good start. We went straight to the rides and we really hit as many as we could. I got to see the Tiki Room which I also hadn't seen for awhile because it was in refurb la:confused3 st time we were there. I also got to ride Buzz Lightyear and it was fun. The day just seemed to fly away. And traveling with my 70 year old Mom we tend to take it easy on her and so we rest alot. I was also still really dragging it. On Tuesday night we went to Beverly Hills and we were going to exercise with Richard Simmons. I was not able to exercise because of health issues and watched with my Mom while my lucky hubby, my niece and the kids got to exercise. All in all it was good.

I will add the rest later.

Michele
:laundy:

I'm so sorry you didn't get your soup. I can't wait to see POC when we go back to the World since it was in refurb when we went last. Can't wait to hear the rest!

If its not too hot in June I will try the potato soup!

Sorry you were sick on your trip. :( Hope you got to enjoy it anyway... waiting for the rest of the report! :)

Hi everybody!

We are back after a wonderful trip to Disneyland. I was really looking forward to this trip because it had been over 2 years since we had been and it was long over due. I planned and planned for this trip wanting to make everything right. I made reservation at the Carnation Cafe hoping to have the potato soup. That was the meal I was looking forward too.
I ended up getting sick on the way down and couldn't eat the first few days I was there so goodbye potato soup. My hubby, my Mom and I sent the kids and my niece off to Disneyland during the day and we stayed at the hotel. Ah but I get ahead of myself. We had reservations at the Disneyland Hotel and when I went to the desk to pre-register (because it was morning) I asked if there was anything available then and we were lucky enough to get rooms on the 6th floor of the Marina Tower with a great view of the pool. There was this really nice gentleman named Robert working at the front desk who did magic and got me into a room right away. Yay Robert! After an afternoon of resting and taking care of myself I was ready to go spend a few hours at the park. We were able to go on Pirates of the Caribbean and it was the first time since the big refurb and I like the changes. There are some great new effects. We kind of just meandered around I was a little too sick to go wander far or do much.
By the time I woke up on Tuesday I was determined to do more I mean after all I was at the Happiest Place on Earth.:banana: I got off to a good start. We went straight to the rides and we really hit as many as we could. I got to see the Tiki Room which I also hadn't seen for awhile because it was in refurb la:confused3 st time we were there. I also got to ride Buzz Lightyear and it was fun. The day just seemed to fly away. And traveling with my 70 year old Mom we tend to take it easy on her and so we rest alot. I was also still really dragging it. On Tuesday night we went to Beverly Hills and we were going to exercise with Richard Simmons. I was not able to exercise because of health issues and watched with my Mom while my lucky hubby, my niece and the kids got to exercise. All in all it was good.

I will add the rest later.

Michele
:laundy:

Hey Kaoden...

Nice start on your trip report.

Sorry you were not feeling well in the beginning..

Look forward to reading more later...

Hey Kaoden.

You going to be doing the rest of your trip report soon?

Can't wait to read it...

Trentmom

I am sorry I never finished this. Later I will be back to bombard this with the pictures from the trip and try to tell a little bit about the trip. I ended up in the hospital not long after the last post I made on the trip report. I was in the hospital for 5 months and one week. Since my niece Stephanie was nice enough to give me a disc of the pictures from this trip recently I am able to wrap it up.

We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel so here are pictures that my niece took while I was checking us in.

Left to right Kacy, Kody, Stephanie and Loren.

Can you tell Loren didn't get much sleep the night before.

Kody always a ham.:goodvibes

Rare picture of Kacy smiling. Enjoy!:rolleyes1

Stephanie hamming!

Left to right. Loren, my mom and Stephanie.

This is the view of the room Scotty and I shared with Loren.

I love the Disney topiary.

Kacy not posing.:rotfl:

The wedding gazebo.

Aren't they cute?

The Disneyland Hotel koi pond.

The beautiful waterfalls that are no longer at the DLH.

More waterfall.

More hamming.

The walkway under the falls.

I loved this place. It was a fast food place.

That's it for right now. I have to go to Lowe's and pick out tile.

Bert and Mary.

Jungle Cruise line.

More in the next post. Only this time I really am off to Lowe's

More from the Jungle Cruise.

The "deadly" piranha.

The Haunted Mansion, I must complement Stephanie on this. I really like this view.

At this point Stephanie and our kids came back to the hotel. They had my meal at the Carnation Cafe and honestly I was ready to go to the park. I have to be honest with you all. I knew how sick I was and I figured this was my last vacation with my children. So I was going to do it all!!

Obviously Scotty was ready to have some fun.

Buzz! Where are your eyes????

I would love an Etch A Sketch that was this big!

The Tiki Room!

Bedside lamp.

The gift basket we got my mom for her 70th birthday.

Bathroom vanity light.

Headboard.

Ready for our second day in the park.

Finally on our way!

Kacy having fun too!

Now at about this time my surgeon called me. I somehow forgot to mention that I was leaving the area to go to Disneyland.:rolleyes2 He was not a happy camper. I was able to assure him that I had directions to the local Kaiser hospitals in case I needed one. I manage to mollify him with this.

View from the Monorail.

Kody and Scotty goofing off in Innovention.

Not sure what was overhead.:rotfl:

King Triton. I kind of miss this but I love Pixie Hollow so that's okay.

Snow White's Grotto. This is for you Kelly!

In Aurora's moat.

The Matterhorn.

I am so glad that I do not have to buy his shoes!

My family! Gotta love my group of mixed nuts!

Alice in Wonderland ride from the Matterhorn ride.

Wow, your kids are so little in these photos! Must be fun for you to look back on this trip while you're preparing for the one in January. It's interesting to see what the DLH used to look like before the renos.

Hey Chele

It is so funny seeings posts I did from 6 years ago :rotfl:

Thanks to Stephanie for giving you that disc so we can enjoy the rest of your report.

I am so glad you got better of course :grouphug:

Thank you for my Snow White Grotto Pics :flower3:

I really am enjoying all the pics

Your kids were so little....so cute:goodvibes

Also from the Matterhorn line.

From the line still.

My mom would probably shoot me! :lmao:

Our destination!

I can hear the music!

Wow, your kids are so little in these photos! Must be fun for you to look back on this trip while you're preparing for the one in January. It's interesting to see what the DLH used to look like before the renos.

Hi! It is so much fun seeing the kids in these pictures! Reliving the trip by just seeing the pictures is pretty great! I love the old hotel but I also love the new!

Hey Chele

It is so funny seeings posts I did from 6 years ago :rotfl:

Thanks to Stephanie for giving you that disc so we can enjoy the rest of your report.

I am so glad you got better of course :grouphug:

Thank you for my Snow White Grotto Pics :flower3:

I really am enjoying all the pics

Your kids were so little....so cute:goodvibes

Thank you Kelly! It is a trip down memory lane for sure! Thank you I am rather glad I got better too!:hug: You're welcome I knew you would want to see those.

We must have gone back to the hotel to rest at this point.

It looks like Darth wants to fight that poor giraffe.

This sign tickles me.

The magical hat.

Goofy waving to us up on our balcony.

With our friend Richard Simmons. He is a sweet, sweet man.

Cutting this one short. Time to get Kacy from work.

Love the pic of Goofy waving to you guys. That is so cool that you can see characters at your hotel window. So different than WDW

Love the turkey leg pic :rotfl:

Lego pics are pretty cool :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter