We're back! DL Trip Report *with pics* Aug 22-26, 2007!

I love the outfits! We're going to the Disney store this weekend to stock up on some t-shirts. The DisneyDollars are a good idea. I may have to get a few bucks so I can start accumulating them before the trip.

I love the outfits! We're going to the Disney store this weekend to stock up on some t-shirts. The DisneyDollars are a good idea. I may have to get a few bucks so I can start accumulating them before the trip.

Thanks! The Dis Designs board has a lot of talented disers who make the cutest designs.
Disney Dollars are a great way to save spending money for Disneyland or WDW. You can't really spend them anywhere except the Disney Store and at the parks....so you are forced to save.:laughing:

Thanks so much for reading!

I know I said I would update last week...and I really wanted too but my DIS time was interupted by mommy duties. DD is taking a nap and I thought it was the perfect time to update the latest on my trip planning.

Well......I had to cancel Goofy's Kitchen. :sad2: My brother said he was really not interested and he would rather eat at ESPN Zone. I asked my SIL what she thought and she said that she will go wherever my brother goes... I didn't want to just be me and Maddie, so I cancelled. :sad1: There is always next time (possibly Oct/Nov:thumbsup2 ). But I am still sad. My brother really does not know what he is missing. He doesn't understand the whole Disney-thing. Oh, well. I am planning on taking Maddie to dinner at River Belle Terrace instead. I love that place!

I also was able to snag a spot for DD, DMIL, and me at Blue Bayou for dinner on Saturday, Aug 25.:thumbsup2 I called last night and was surprised that I was able to get a time for dinner. I am really excited and it makes up for having to cancel Goofy's Kitchen.

I am starting to sort clothes to pack for Maddie and I. I can't believe we are leaving in 15 days and we will be at DL in 16! It wasn't that long ago that we were there...but it seems like forever.

I got Maddie some really cute PJ Pals from disneyshopping.com for super cheap:
IMG_0135.jpg

And I saw this tee at some store here (maybe Target? I can't remember). I just thought it was really cute.
IMG_0134.jpg

I also got my DNeph and DD some things to do for the ride down.
IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

I was at Michael's this morning to get some scrapbooking stuff and I saw these on clearance for 3.00! They only had Minnie and Buzz/Woody ones left. DSIL loves scrapbooking, too! So this was a great find for both of us!:thumbsup2
IMG_0004.jpg

Thanks to everyone for reading!:flower3:

I'm making a new trip report, so I hope to ttys.

On Topic* Great so far :D I can't believe you're already packing 16 days in advance. That's a little late ;) LOL I'm already packing, LOL!!

Great pre-trippie!!! :thumbsup2 Wow, you leave in 15 days.....you must be so excited!!!

I love all of the adorable clothes........and thanks for the tip on Sunshine Rewards.....I just signed up!

Yay! I am glad to see someone is there at the same time as me! :banana: I will be wearing my lime green mickey heads on my stroller and bag! Keep an eye out for me and my little redhead!princess: I love San Francisco! I hope you all have a great time.:)

I will definitely keep my eye out for the lime green!!! I don't think I could miss you though because your daughter is sooo adorable and now I will know what outfits she is wearing :cutie:

I am sooo hoping the crowds will have died down as many schools will be back in session then. Too bad about Goofy's Kitchen:sad2: I think you and your daughter should still go! What a great way to get personalized attention from the characters when you are the only kid at the table!

Keep the pre-trippie coming popcorn::

I will definitely keep my eye out for the lime green!!! I don't think I could miss you though because your daughter is sooo adorable and now I will know what outfits she is wearing :cutie:

I am sooo hoping the crowds will have died down as many schools will be back in session then. Too bad about Goofy's Kitchen:sad2: I think you and your daughter should still go! What a great way to get personalized attention from the characters when you are the only kid at the table!

Keep the pre-trippie coming popcorn::

Thanks for the comment on my DD! I think she is adorable, too!:goodvibes
I had thought about keeping the Goofy's Kitchen ressie but it may be difficult with a toddler. There is always next time.:thumbsup2

I will be keeping my eyes out for other disers! :magnify: I have met quite a few at WDW and it is so fun!:banana:

I am starting to make packing lists and sort through all my clothes to see what I am taking. I am going to try and take as little as possible because I hate hauling aroung luggage and I am switching hotels in the middle of the trip and it is just easier to pack light. Good thing Maddie's clothes are all so tiny and take up hardly any room....especially since I am packing quite a few outfits for her. :teeth: I am missing a some luggage. I have no idea where one of my rolling case and a carry on bag is. They are a part of my really cute Mickey luggage that I got a year ago. It looks like I am going to have to use my DH's luggage. Oh, well. I am hoping that the pieces turn up before we leave. I have no idea where I could have possibly put the luggage to have lost them.

Here is a packing list I had in my favorites. It is pretty thorough. I found it back in the day when I first joined the dis. Here is the link if any of you are interested.
http://www.themouseforless.com/downloads/trip/UltimatePackingList/index1.html

I have been thinking about the Camelot Inn and Suites. That is where I am booked for the first 2 days of my trip and I am sorta wondering if it was a good idea. I wish I had just stayed with Tropicana...I keep going back and forth on these two hotels. I have no idea why. :confused: They both seem nice. It is the few bad reviews in between all the really good ones that make me worried. I just need to stay away from all that.
Any of you all have experience with the Camelot Inn?:rotfl: ...I just have to know!

I think the only thing I need to do is pack and get my hair trimmed and we are ready to go!.:thumbsup2

Hi, I don't know anything about the Camelot other than everything I've read too but it's one of the places I'm thinking of staying at (torn between there and Carousel and if I win the lottery DLH) so am just really really hoping if you do stay there will you please please report back everything and anything about it good and bad with photos please????:flower3:

Hi, I don't know anything about the Camelot other than everything I've read too but it's one of the places I'm thinking of staying at (torn between there and Carousel and if I win the lottery DLH) so am just really really hoping if you do stay there will you please please report back everything and anything about it good and bad with photos please????:flower3:

I will most definitely be reporting on the Camelot Inn...with pictures:thumbsup2 I am sure it will be a fine place to stay.
We will leave a week from today and I am stoked!:yay:

Thanks for reading!

I am really excited! One week from today I will be at Disneyland!:banana:

I have been trying to get some sort of itinerary down for each day but since we are meeting up with family ... lots of family... it may be hard to get some sort of organization.

So....I have just sorted in my mind what I would like to do with Maddie each day and if others want to come along they can.

Tues, the 21st- We fly into Ontario in the morning and spend the day with the family. May rent a car. I have a ressie but I have not decided 100% if I am going to or not. I will spend the night in Corona at my aunt's home.

Wed, the 22nd- Maddie and I are heading to Disneyland late morning, early afternoon. Check into the Camelot and *hope* they have a room ready for us...if not, stow luggage and head to the park. I would like to head to Fantasyland and try to ride ..IASW, Dumbo, Peter Pan and Casey JR Train are my DD's favorites. THEN, if there is time before we meet my brother and his crew for dinner, I would like to take Maddie to CA to see the Bug's Life area. We are possibly having dinner at ESPN Zone....depending on the wait. Then shop around at DTD.

Thurs, the 23rd- Reunion Day. We are getting up sup-ah early today. Five people in one room, too....so we are going to have to devise a bathroom schedule.:laughing: Soooo....the plan is to be at DL park 30-40 min before opening. I think it is EE day. Unfortunately, we cannot participate.:guilty: Anyhoo-The plan my mom and I discussed is heading into Adventureland...getting FP's for Indiana for those who want to ride. Then getting on the Jungle Cruise. Head into NOS and ride POTC and the Haunted Mansion. After that, head into Critter County and ride Winnie the Pooh and Splash. Get FP's for Splash...if we can. Then head back to Indy and use our FP's. Lunch at Rancho del Zocalo. After lunch, head to CA. Get FP's for Soarin. My parents have never been to CA and want to spend the afternoon checking it out. Around early evening head back to DL and go to BTMRR if the wait is not too long. Then head to Tomorrowland to eat at Redd Rocket's and ride Buzz. After checking out Tomorrowland, head to Fantasyland where we will ride whatever the kiddos want to ride. That is the plan----that doesn't mean much until we are there....things may change.

Fri, the 24th- Check out of Camelot early and head to DL park....we have Toontown Morning Madness tickets. We plan on eating breakfast at River Belle Terrace. After breakfast, ride Winnie the Pooh, Pirates and Jungle Cruise. Before lunch head to DL Hotel and check in early. I plan on getting my luggage stowed again until my room is ready. My DB and his family are thinking of shopping and heading to the beach after lunch. Once my room is ready, I will hang out at the hotel---swim, nap and just enjoy being there. My MIL, her BFF and her DD are meeting us later that afternoon from Sacramento. We will head into the park for dinner and fireworks.

Sat, the 25th- This is where I have no plans.:eek: I am going wherever the wind takes me. Maddie and my MIL have not been together in awhile so I am just going to go do whatever my MIL suggests. I am nervous. I just hope she doesn't want to do PFF in the middle of the day.:scared1:

Sun, the 26th- Breakfast? We may just eat in the room or head to counter service at DTD. We are going to shop at DTD today before we go back to Corona and MIL goes home.

I am looking forward to seeing how much we will actually be able to do. I know that next week is going to be crowded with the SoCal AP blockout opening up.

I plan on taking lots of pics and have reviews on the restaurants we eat at and the Camelot Inn and DLH. :thumbsup2

See ya!:flower3:

Sounds like you have a very flexible plan, or more like a guide! I am so hoping that the crowds really don't materialize. Schools here in FL start on Monday. I don't know what the CA school schedule is, but I sure hope people are concentrating on back-to-school planning and not crowding up the parks :rolleyes1

I just thought of something.. When you get to Disneyland, on the first day, go to The Main Street Magic Shop and buy an invisible dog. XD They would give you guys soooo much arttention. It's kinda funny, okay, it's HILLARIOUS. People ask what's the dog's name, if they can pet it, where they can adopt one, and other stuff like that. It's really awesome! Try it OUt.:cool1:

Sounds like you have a very flexible plan, or more like a guide! I am so hoping that the crowds really don't materialize. Schools here in FL start on Monday. I don't know what the CA school schedule is, but I sure hope people are concentrating on back-to-school planning and not crowding up the parks :rolleyes1

I am hoping the same thing! I guess we will soon find out. :yay:

I just thought of something.. When you get to Disneyland, on the first day, go to The Main Street Magic Shop and buy an invisible dog. XD They would give you guys soooo much arttention. It's kinda funny, okay, it's HILLARIOUS. People ask what's the dog's name, if they can pet it, where they can adopt one, and other stuff like that. It's really awesome! Try it OUt.:cool1:

I know exactly what you are talking about! I got one many, many years ago when I was younger.:laughing: I still have it somewhere. :) Good suggestion, though....maybe I will get Maddie one!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter