We're back! DL Trip Report *with pics* Aug 22-26, 2007!

daisy_77

DIS Veteran
Hi, everyone!
I love reading pre-trip reports and trip reports so I thought I would try my hand at wrting one myself. This is a bit of a spur of the moment trip for us. We are meeting my mom’s family at DL on Aug 23rd for a mini-reunion. I am hitting the parks Aug 22nd, 23rd and 24th with DD, DB, SIL, and DNeph. Then I am meeting up with my MIL on Aug 24-26.

Cast:
Me (30) :hippie: I love pretty much anything Disney-related. I grew up in Corona/Riverside area and loved being able to go to DL all the time. Now that I am married and living in Boise, we try to make a trip down there at least 2x a year.

Maddie (2)
ariel.gif
This little girl is already a Disney fan. She has been to DL several times and recently had her first WDW trip. She loves both DL and WDW and even though she is two she still talks about “Dinneyland” and how she wants to see Mickey.

***DH is not coming on this trip. :sad1: ***

DB (26):donald: Super nice guy, very funny BUT very sarcastic! This is his first trip in 10 years. He is most looking forward to the Block at Orange to go shopping for a new hat.

DSIL (25) :tink: She loves Disney. She even has a cute Tink tattoo on her back. She has been to DL once when she was younger and she cannot wait to go back!

DNeph (1) :stitch2: He loves the movie Cars and likes to watch Little Einsteins and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I watch him during the day while his parents are working and he has been doing “Disneyland” boot camp....reading Disney books, learning the characters names and I have been showing them the Disneyland Sing-A-Long and they are doing “Disney art projects“(coloring).:laughing: This is his first trip!

MIL (49) sweet woman who loves her some Disney! She is originally from Georgia and she is really one of the nicest people you could ever meet. She hasn't seen Maddie since March so she is chomping at the bit to see her again. She may bring her best friend and her best friend's DD.

My parents are joining us on the Aug 23rd with some of my mom's family!:banana:
I am not sure which members of my mom’s family are coming. But there are a lot of them and I am sure some of them will be making an appearance in the trip report.

This was at WDW this past January. We were chosen to open the park! It was an amazing morning! My most favorite Disney moment so far!
IMG_0138.jpg

Here is a pic of DB and family on our camping trip last weekend. He was smiling then when I took the pic.:rotfl:
IMG_0102.jpg

Pics of things I have bought so far coming up.....

After much researching on the dis, I decided the one character meal I would book would be at Goofy's Kitchen. So I booked it for dinner on Wednesday, 8/22, at 7:40pm. I am hoping that the kiddos love it!
:goofy:
Here is the dinner menu I got from allearsnet.com

Goofy's Kitchen
Dinner
Disneyland Hotel
Menu Date: May 2007

Adult (12 & up) $28.99
Child (3-9) $11.99
Gratuity and tax will be added to each admission price and is charged prior to entering the restaurant.

Five fabulous food stations featuring:

Carving Roasted Prime Rib
Fresh Catch of the Day
Seasonal Vegetables
Tossed Salads
Sliced Fresh Fruit
Corn on the Cob
Pluto's Hot Dogs
Goofyroni & Cheese
Dessert Station
Soft-Serve Yogurt with Toppings
And much, much more!

It sounds pretty yummy! I am looking forward to seeing all the characters! With this I need to figure out if I should just wait to buy Maddie an autograph book or make her one.:scratchin

My uncle said he was booking a big family lunch at Blue Bayou.:banana: I have no idea if he booked it or not. We are a pretty big group. I know for his 45th birthday my aunt was able to get seating for 20. But I am not sure how this will work. The OCD planner wants to call Disney to find out and make the ressies if he didn't. BUT, I am not sure who is coming. That is his thing he is organizing. So I am going to just hope for the best and try not to make an issue of it. Sometimes it is hard for me to sit back and let other people do the planning. :o

Those are the two sit-down meals that are planned. Counter service that I am planning on:
Tue early lunch---Redd Rockett's Pizza Port or Club Buzz
Wed dinner---Rancho del Zocalo
Fri breakfast---River Belle Terrace for Mickey pancakes
Fri lunch---Taste Pilot's Grill
Fri dinner---French Market

And of course, snacks stands I plan on hitting!
---Red Wagon to share a yummy corndog with Maddie
---Pooh's Corner to grab a Tigger Tail and Honey Pot
---Mint Julep
---there's more...I just can't think of them all!popcorn::

Sooooo....I decided I wanted to get Maddie a cute Minnie outfit and look at what I found on ebay! This looks so adorable on her! She loves it!:love:
Isn't it sooooo cute?!
IMG_0140.jpg

I also ordered her some custom bows. Here is the one I got to match this outfit!
Sorry it's so dark
IMG_0144.jpg

I am finishing up some tee shirts that I am making with some awesome designs from some disers!:thumbsup2

I normally just surf these boards without logging on. I was forced to log on so that I could tell you that there is a problem with the pictures in your last post.

I would love to see the outfit, so I'll keep checking back. I love your pre-trippie so far.:thumbsup2

I normally just surf these boards without logging on. I was forced to log on so that I could tell you that there is a problem with the pictures in your last post.

I would love to see the outfit, so I'll keep checking back. I love your pre-trippie so far.:thumbsup2

Hi, there! Thanks for reading along! And thank you for logging on to let me know my pics are not showing.:thumbsup2

I think I know why the pics disappeared and I hope the problem has been fixed. I can see them so hopefully people who are reading can see them too.:3dglasses

Today I called and changed our ressies at the Tropicana Inn to the Camelot Inn. It is just a hop, skip and a jump away from the Tropicana so it is not as close to the DL Maingate but it looks a lot nicer inside and it is still VERY close. I had our ressies there originally and I have no idea why I changed it to the Tropicana.:confused3 It must be my planning OCD.:rolleyes1
My first choice was the Disneyland Hotel but since DH is not coming along I didn't want to spend that much on a room. My plan is to stay there this fall to celebrate Maddie's 3rd b-day.:banana:

I finished up the tee shirts! I liked the way they turned out. I only made DNeph one because I was not sure his momma would want me planning what he wears everyday during the trip.
IMG_0129.jpg

I am still gathering up stuff I am buying for the trip...I can't seem to stop shopping! I love the little travel sized stuff! :woohoo:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!:cool1:
I love the minnie outfit but my favorites are the name shirts with the characters in the letters. My kids would flip over those!:love:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!:cool1:
I love the minnie outfit but my favorites are the name shirts with the characters in the letters. My kids would flip over those!:love:

Aren't those the coolest?? An awesome diser, M_I_C_K_E_Y, designed them for me. She did a great job! You should check her thread out: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1371910

They are really easy to make! I just printed the design out onto transfer paper and ironed them on! :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading!:flower3:

Here is the plan so far:

I am arriving in Ontario on Aug 21 with Maddie to meet up with my mom's family. I am going to spend the day in Corona with them and on Aug 22 I am going to go to Anaheim and check-in the Anaheim Camelot Inn. Later that day I am meeting my DB, SIL and DNeph. We are going to Goofy's Kitchen for dinner and then we are planning on going to DL Park to watch the fireworks.
The plan was to stay through Friday night. WELL......

Saturday night I was talking to my MIL on the phone and she is going to join us on Friday and stay until Sunday! SOOOO I am adding two more days to my trip!:banana: I am so excited! She will be driving to Disneyland from Sacramento and we are staying two nights at the DLH! :banana:
However, my DB and his family are leaving to go to Sea World on Friday night and stay there until Sunday morning. We are going to all meet up in Corona on Sunday afternoon for a big family BBQ and softball game.

Did ya get all that?? LOL

I do love the travel-sized stuff but I have actually controlled myself with the buying up of it all! :thumbsup2

Some of the travel-sized loot:
IMG_0147.jpg

I had to get some Clorox wipes....scary to think of what is on some of the tables at DL. One year I saw a lady change a poopy diaper on a table at Village Haus.:scared: The princess storage bags are for wet clothes, snacks and stuff. They were in the Dollar Spot at Target.

I wanted to share with you all my Sunshine Rewards earnings! I have only been doing it for a few months and I am really surprised how it all adds up!

IMG_0150.jpg

I will leave you all with a pic from our trip at WDW this past January:cloud9: :
WDWMaddie1.jpg

Wow, that Minnie outfit is just tooooo cute! You guys are going to have a fabulous trip - I just know it! I love the Disney Dollars, too. I always buy $30-$50 worth at the Disney Store when I have a little extra cash. It really helps defray the cost of Character meals and other spendy things while at the parks. Looking forward to more:)

It's great to be able to share in your excitement. :yay: My family and I will also be in DL beginning on 8/22. We are only staying 2 nights at the DLH and then will be traveling to San Francisco. I wish I was staying as long as you!

What are Sunshine Rewards?

Amy, Great, Great is this! You have inspired me :D I'm on my mom's account, she let me take over. I'm going to write my own :D:dance3:

Wow, that Minnie outfit is just tooooo cute! You guys are going to have a fabulous trip - I just know it! I love the Disney Dollars, too. I always buy $30-$50 worth at the Disney Store when I have a little extra cash. It really helps defray the cost of Character meals and other spendy things while at the parks. Looking forward to more:)

Thank you! The outfit is cute! I wish I could make stuff like that. I am glad that there are talented people out there who can make them for me.:laughing:
Thanks so much for reading!

It's great to be able to share in your excitement. :yay: My family and I will also be in DL beginning on 8/22. We are only staying 2 nights at the DLH and then will be traveling to San Francisco. I wish I was staying as long as you!

What are Sunshine Rewards?

Yay! I am glad to see someone is there at the same time as me! :banana: I will be wearing my lime green mickey heads on my stroller and bag! Keep an eye out for me and my little redhead!princess: I love San Francisco! I hope you all have a great time.:)

Sunshine Rewards is a place where you can earn $$$ (rewards) for taking survey's/free offers/shopping. When you have enough earned you can cash them out for Disney gift cards, Disney Dollars, and other store or restaurants gift cards. It is awesome! I learned all about here on the dis:thumbsup2 Here is the link:
http://www.sunshinerewards.com/signup.php?r=5633

Thanks for reading!

Amy, Great, Great is this! You have inspired me :D I'm on my mom's account, she let me take over. I'm going to write my own :D:dance3:

Hi! You should write your own TR! Just don't start it a month before you leave....a week is good!:rotfl: I am starting to run out of things to write! LOL

Thanks for reading!

I do have a few changes and some more pics of goodies coming up...maybe later tonight or tomorrow!:yay: :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter