We're back! DL Trip Report *with pics* Aug 22-26, 2007!

- Smiles - I knew you'd like it ;) Try the purple one.. And can I have your VMK Magic Mirror? hehe, just kiding. I'm not THAT greedy.. :cool1:

Welcome Back! I hope you had a great time. How did Maddie enjoy it? Did you get her a dog? I want more details! lol.

-:rolleyes1 Dani princess:

The night before we were supposed to fly out was a bit chaotic. I had hardly anything packed for myself because I was so focused on getting Maddie's stuff together. Well, finally around midnight I had my stuff packed and ready to go.

August 21
The next morning, Maddie was impossible to wake up. She was sooo tired! Brent got her dressed and some chocolate milk and we were off.
We got to the airport for our 7:25am flight an hour before takeoff. I had printed our boarding passes the night before and we get to preboard so we were fine on time.:banana:
Maddie waiting oh-so patiently at the airport
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002-1.jpg

The flight was pretty uneventful...Maddie had lots of things in her backpack to keep her busy.
IMG_0003.jpg

My aunt and cousin picked us up from the Ontario airport and headed to her house to see some more cousins and family. We all had a nice visit and I was getting really excited to take Maddie to Disneyland the next day!

August 22
Most of the day was spent with family....it was nice. We headed Anaheim around 6pm and we to our hotel, the Anaheim Camelot Inn. I really like the hotel...it was clean, nice, and very close to the parks.:thumbsup2 The front desk lady was not to friendly or professional...IMO...but it would not stop me from staying here again. The pool was nice too as was the Continental breakfast they offer. (I never did take pictures of the hotel because my brother and his woman had all their stuff everywhere ---- a nice room, though.)

Maddie hopped in her stroller and we headed for DL. We headed for Fantasyland and it was really crowded. The lines for everything were really long and there were people cutting in right in front of me as I am walking ---mostly kids running in front of me---so I was really struggling not to hit anyone with Maddie's stroller. We headed for IASW and thank goodness there was no line!:banana: Maddie loves this ride.:love: On our way out we stopped at the toy store that is at the exit. I bought her a doll---it was too cute to resist. It has Snow White on one side and when you flip the dress up it is Aurora. Very cute!
After this we walked over to the Hub to watch the fireworks. It was just us two and I am really short so I had a nice family let me and Maddie in front of them. I loved these fireworks! AMAZING! Maddie didn't like the noise but she loved the actual fireworks. After the fireworks we headed back to the room. My brother, SIL and DNeph were sound asleep. I gave Maddie a bath and we both went to sleep for the big day tomorrow.:yay:

Welcome Back! I hope you had a great time. How did Maddie enjoy it? Did you get her a dog? I want more details! lol.

-:rolleyes1 Dani princess:

Thank you! We did have a great time.:) I did not get Maddie a dog...but...she got plenty of goodies and was very spoiled on this trip by our family.:rolleyes:

Loving the pre-TR and TR so far! Can't wait to see your DD in her outfits! We were there in June and my DDs had coordinating outfits for each day too! I really should do my own TR and pics..........:rolleyes1 but in the meantime can't wait to see more of yours!

We want more! I need to cheer up from what happened to me :sad1: So, Please Cheer Me Up! Or I at least need a good hug,:hug:

I am sooo sorry guys that I have abandoned you. I have been super busy. I promise to get an update by tomorrow night.

:hippie: :flower3:

I have to work tonight but I was able to get some writing done. Have a good night and thanks so much to those who are reading!

I have started to write up the next installment and I hope to have it up tonight sometime. I did get called in to work because someone called in sick....I won't get home until 11pm:eek: BUT I am hoping to get some of it posted before I go to bed. :)

Aww, that's no fun. I'm sorry :yay: Up and runnin' eh? Well, we all hope to hear from you soon! I will at least, looking forward to the next installment! *Please include pictures* We hope you do! :love:

We all woke up nice and early to get to the park in time for opening.:woohoo: It was a little bit of a task getting all of us ready to go with only one bathroom but we managed. We skipped the free hotel breakfast because the place was packed.
It was so nice having the hotel so close to the main entrance to the park. The crosswalk had some serious crowds waiting to cross. Lots of families. ***Side note: I would have no problems staying at the Camelot Inn by myself. There are plenty of people and lots of families everywhere. *** We hurried through the security check with no problems and had no one holding it up. We got in a very short line to wait for park opening. I don’t remember what time we arrived….it was about 30 minutes before they open DL park. Maddie was so excited because she knew where she was and she was dancing around and telling my brother and nephew about Dumbo and Mickey Mouse. It was cute.:laughing:
IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

We were starting to wonder where the rest of our family was because we were planning on meeting at the gates 30 minutes before the park opened. One of my uncles showed up but the rest of the family was nowhere to be found.
We were finally let in and went under the train station and who do we see…..

IMG_0031.jpg

Yep, the big cheese himself! My youngest brother even wanted in on the action. ***Note----these are pretty much the only pics I have. All the rest were on my photopass card that I can’t find anywhere.***:sad2:
IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Maddie loves Chip!:goodvibes
IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

I was pretty shocked at some of the rude guest we encountered when we were meeting some of the characters. Our last Disney trip was to WDW earlier this year and people were super nice….but here it was pretty bad. This one lady almost knocked my DD down to get her pic with Mickey. :headache: It just made me upset….but I soon forgot about it when we passed the Bakery. We stopped and had some breakfast. Maddie had a muffin and chocolate milk and I had some cinnamon twist with a iced mocha. The mocha was yummy and so was the cinnamon twist but it was super messy and crumbly. My uncle got the cinnamon roll and that thing was HUGE! It looked really good.

No family to be seen so I called my mom. They had just left Corona. It was rush hour and they were stuck on the 91. My aunts were still getting ready. So….we decided to do some shopping since it was going to be awhile. We went into Adventureland headed straight for the shop right across from the Jungle Cruise. We got Maddie and Taylor matching Minnie and Mickey sunglasses. After that we rode Jungle Cruise with no wait and headed to Indy to get FP’s for later.

Maddie and her new sunglasses:smooth: :
IMG_0041.jpg

On the Jungle Cruise:
IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

We wandered around and let the kids play.

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

The place was empty. It was still August and I was expecting crowds. FINALLY, my parents show up. The first thing my dad wants to do is eat. He was irritated that the food stands were not open yet. My dad is the type where the smallest things set him off but the big things are no biggie. So he is throwing a hissy in his own special way so my uncle grabs him a bite at the bakery. I thought that was really nice of my uncle. My dad ate and complained. :rolleyes2 So..
we decided to get on Indy since there was no line. It was a blast. :banana:

By this time the rest of my family started showing up. We all rode the Haunted Mansion. The wait was posted at 15 minutes but it was a walk-on when we got there. It was a blast riding with the family. Maddie LOVED it! She was a little nervous when we were in the stretching room but soon got over it as soon as they opened the doors. Once again, I was shocked at how rude people are. Lots of people pushing the little ones to get in a doom buggy first. Not just our little ones, other people's little ones. It was a sad thing to see. :guilty: People need to chill out. We loved it and Maddie asked me if we could ride again. So we did! And there was still no wait!

We stopped and watched the Capt Jack show going on across the river at the Pirates Lair. My dad had brought binoculars so my mom was watching with those. She loves Capt Jack! It was a cute show from what I could see. By this point it was getting closer to noon and it was getting hot and very crowded. We did have ressies at Blue Bayou but no one wanted to go but me and my uncle. So we had to figure out how to make everyone happy...all 14 of us.

Aww, that's no fun. I'm sorry :yay: Up and runnin' eh? Well, we all hope to hear from you soon! I will at least, looking forward to the next installment! *Please include pictures* We hope you do! :love:

I was able to get some done!:thumbsup2 Thanks for your patience!:hug:

Loving the pre-TR and TR so far! Can't wait to see your DD in her outfits! We were there in June and my DDs had coordinating outfits for each day too! I really should do my own TR and pics..........:rolleyes1 but in the meantime can't wait to see more of yours!

Thank you for reading along! I am sorry that I have neglected my TR. I am back and ready to roll this sucker out! Hopefully it will be done before our next trip..:rolleyes1

So we had to figure out how to make everyone happy...all 14 of us.

Surprise! Guess who. :rotfl2: And you thought you could escape me. :rolleyes1

I am lovin your report and the pics of Maddie! What a cutie pie. :goodvibes

I really do hope we get to meet up one of these times. :yay:

Forget trying to make 14 people happy. :headache:

I saw we meet up and make it a ladies only trip to Disneyland!! LOL ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter