Well, Merry Freaking Christmas to me

You take care of yourself Shugar, all fingers are crossed for a good meeting and great discussion to handle what is going on...

Hugs.. do let us know!!!!!!

Know that many hearts and prayers are with you as you fight this brave battle Shugar :hug:. Sadly both of my parents have had cancer and dear Dad lost his brave battle after a 15 yr fight, so sadly I know what is possibly lurking down the line for me. I only hope I am as strong and full of courage as you and others here seem to be. I had never heard primary peritoneal cancer until 10 yrs ago when my friend was diagnosed. I am so gald you are getting into JH where we have some of the best drs in the world and we pray with your youth, strength and courage the drs will be able to find a miracle cure! Please never give up your faith! ^i^

Godspeed and I sincerely admire all those fighting this cancer curse. :hug:

I just realized I hadn't come back to update. Some interesting and exciting things are coming down the pike. I met with a Dr. from Johns Hopkins who has developed a laser that will slice a human hair lenghtwise 100x! One of the biggest obstacles for those of us with primary peritoneal cancer (a form of ovarian cancer that adheres to the abdominal wall) is that it spreads outwards like a puddle rather than in clusters like grapes. Cancer like that is often inoperable because it can't be debulked, or cut away, easily. And frequently, as in my case, it covers major arteries. You just can't cut away a major artery like that. Anyway, this new laser brings the hope of being able to peel away tumors layer by layer that were thought to be hopeless. Like mine. Then, traditional or experimental chemotherapy treatments would be much more likely to work for me because there is less cancerous tissue in the body.

So, on the 15th, I am one of the lucky first patients (there have been about 50 before me) to have this surgery. It's minimally invasive, in/out same day and little pain (or so he says). Following that I may go into a medication trial. I haven't decided on that yet and they haven't formally accepted me anyway. So that's where we stand. Thanks to everyone for thinking of me. I'm tired but not quite ready to quit yet.

Oh, that's so exciting and you are going to do GREAT!! We will all be pulling for you!

I have been checking for updates and saw that you indeed did update..

That sounds incredible.. I am so excited for you that you will be one of the firsts to use this procedure, such history being made when you have this surgery....Hugs to you, keep the faith, sounds like you are right back on track, The battle is on and this time we want you to win...enough with this cancer.

Hugs, big hugs and lots of prayers coming your way.. Surgery is on the 15th so we probably should put a special post up on the day before to make sure we carry you through the surgery with flying colors....Woohoo, you go girl.

So, on the 15th, I am one of the lucky first patients (there have been about 50 before me) to have this surgery. It's minimally invasive, in/out same day and little pain (or so he says). Following that I may go into a medication trial. I haven't decided on that yet and they haven't formally accepted me anyway. So that's where we stand. Thanks to everyone for thinking of me. I'm tired but not quite ready to quit yet.

This wonderful! Congratulations for being a part of this!

My dad had laser surgery done inside his bladder. He is 83 and had the "going" problem but the meds were no longer working for him. Not the same situation as you as he didn't have cancer - but I can tell you that he didn't require any pain meds after the surgery so trust the doc on that one! And he recovered very quickly from the whole thing.

Many prayers for you for the 15th!

Keeping you in my prayers for the 15th and beyond. Thanks for the update.

:grouphug: and :cheer2:

Here it is a New Year, New Hope and lots of positive energy and prayers sent your way the 15th and all days before and after!!!

So happy you updated us!!!

I'm hoping for the best for you!!! I pray that the surgery is a full success and you will never have to worry of a relapse again. Thanks for updating us, keep them coming.

Shelby

:tinker:

I am so happy to hear this latest update - what exciting wonderful news!!! I have much respect for JH, their excellent reputation, drs and quality care. Good luck and hope you can feel our energy and prayers for a miracle. :hug:

Sending prayers your way! The 15th is my wedding anniversary AND my parents anniversary...so GOOD THINGS happen that day! :goodvibes

Tammy, this is my first time seeing this. I am praying hard that this treatment works for you, and works really well! :thumbsup2:

You're a fighter, sista - you hang in there! :grouphug:

Hugs to others (and their caretakers) not feeling well or going through other health issues.

Hugs and prayers for Tammy on her surgery today. I am thinking of you.

Been thinking of you today! Hope to see an update when you feel up to it. :goodvibes

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours Shug. :hug:

Myst

I said a prayer for you today!:thumbsup2 Hope you recover quickly and easily!

I know that Tammy is out of surgery and should be home any second. :hug: Shug we're here for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter