Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

I picked up some hothands hand warmers tonight at Walmart. I figured dh and ds15 can use them this winter when they have to snowblow/scoop but we can also bring them along to Disney in case it gets extra chilly to hopefully keep us from having to purchase extra-warm clothes there. They'd be easy to keep in our pockets for warming our hands or stick in our shoes to keep our toes warm. Maybe I'm over-planning a smidge. :rolleyes:

I picked up some hothands hand warmers tonight at Walmart. I figured dh and ds15 can use them this winter when they have to snowblow/scoop but we can also bring them along to Disney in case it gets extra chilly to hopefully keep us from having to purchase extra-warm clothes there. They'd be easy to keep in our pockets for warming our hands or stick in our shoes to keep our toes warm. Maybe I'm over-planning a smidge. :rolleyes:

I will cry if it's that cold!

Anyone else notice the last few days the Merida meet n greet time has moved to 9:50? This is from the MDE app. But it also shows Jessie as still meeting which I heard she was leaving MK Oct 2. Meeting Merida is on our must do list this year.

I'm mostly thinking of our EMM day(s) and Christmas party. I highly doubt we'll need them. Seems more like a January thing.

If you've got room for the "in case" extras overplan/overpack away! I'm a big fan of being prepared for anything instead of being underprepared :)

However I will also cry if it's that cold haha.

We plan to pack a fleece blanket just in case nights waiting for fireworks get too chilly for the kids. They can get cozy in the stroller and that will help curb any desire to wander around. Ha!

I messaged my son's 2nd grade teacher this morning to let her know he will be missing a week of school and why. I definitely get a less "fun" vibe from her than I did from his 1st grade teacher (which is fine - I know the older he gets the more serious school is!) but I'm nervous how she will respond. His teacher last year was super excited about us going and told him to "read the maps and all the signs" for his make up work.

Eeep.

If you've got room for the "in case" extras overplan/overpack away! I'm a big fan of being prepared for anything instead of being underprepared :)

However I will also cry if it's that cold haha.

We plan to pack a fleece blanket just in case nights waiting for fireworks get too chilly for the kids. They can get cozy in the stroller and that will help curb any desire to wander around. Ha!
Make sure you bring gloves. A few years ago we went during the first week of December and I had packed hoodies, but not gloves. It was impossible to find gloves in the parks, unless we wanted to wear the Mickey Glove.

Make sure you bring gloves. A few years ago we went during the first week of December and I had packed hoodies, but not gloves. It was impossible to find gloves in the parks, unless we wanted to wear the Mickey Glove.

Someone here (maybe you?) recommended that somewhere in the last 175 pages and I bought some cheap stretch gloves to pack for sure. Great tip!

I saw a display of those cheap stretchy gloves that were also touch-screen compatible at Walmart last night. I think I'll grab some of those for each of us the next time I go. Seems like those are plenty warm until you get down below 30 or so, especially if you have pockets to put your hands in.

I messaged my son's 2nd grade teacher this morning to let her know he will be missing a week of school and why. I definitely get a less "fun" vibe from her than I did from his 1st grade teacher (which is fine - I know the older he gets the more serious school is!) but I'm nervous how she will respond. His teacher last year was super excited about us going and told him to "read the maps and all the signs" for his make up work.

Eeep.

I haven't done this yet! I'm not expecting any concerns for my first grader, but DD is in 3rd this year and I am so nervous to tell her teacher... who, incidentally, lives across the street from us, so there's no escaping her lol! She's very nice, but also very serious about school. I think I'm going to wait until November to mention it.

I saw a display of those cheap stretchy gloves that were also touch-screen compatible at Walmart last night. I think I'll grab some of those for each of us the next time I go. Seems like those are plenty warm until you get down below 30 or so, especially if you have pockets to put your hands in.

I think as long as they don't get wet they are plenty warm!

I haven't done this yet! I'm not expecting any concerns for my first grader, but DD is in 3rd this year and I am so nervous to tell her teacher... who, incidentally, lives across the street from us, so there's no escaping her lol! She's very nice, but also very serious about school. I think I'm going to wait until November to mention it.

Hope we both get surprise good attitudes about it. The principal knows and said have a great time, but I know the teacher is the one I need to really get the ok from to feel good about taking him out.

Eeep.
Good luck! The schools would always make me feel terrible about missing school too. Then I started thinking when my kids reflect on our lives together I highly doubt they will say "thank goodness mom help us get that perfect attendance award." I hope they say "remember the time when we went to Disney..." This year I think my daughter will be on vacation for 2 days, then "sick" 2 days.

Thanks for the thin gloves tip, guys. Going go put that on my list too.

I haven't told my kids' teachers yet. My oldest is in his first year of middle school, I am not looking forward to the varied reactions we're sure to get from his teachers. :/ The elementary teachers were great last time, hoping for a similar reaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter