Wedding registry- and etiquette

A Honeymoon Registry wouldn't have bothered me until I learned here that you are not actually purchasing that event for the couple and the registry is just then cutting them a check and taking a percentage. That bothers me. I’d rather cut out the middleman and give them a check directly. Typically that is what I do anyway—an actual item purchased from the registry for the shower and a check at the wedding. If anything I would have subbed the honeymoon registery gift for the shower gift and still given a check for the actual wedding.

So when I gave to a honeymoon fund (I ordinarily wouldn’t but had just run out of checks and had no time to go to the ATM before the wedding), when I “checked out” my “$100 toward flights,” the online registry added an $8 processing fee, so I actually paid $108. I hope that was the only cut and they didn’t dip into my $100 further!

Nowadays a simple search for couple name and registry and they pop up. Makes it simple to buy a gift they want

To the honeymoon registry where they didn’t use any of the gifts for the honeymoon, I would feel just as cheated. If you register for stuff then I am going to assume it is things you actually want

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter