Wearing Glasses on Intense Rides

CHEMISTSP

Unapologetic Disney Nerd
Does anyone have experience wearing a glasses strap on their prescription glasses or sunglasses at the park? I know most of the attractions at Disney are not intense enough where that would be an issue (Rock 'N' Roll Coaster maybe?), but I am also going to Universal as more of their attractions are more intense. Do most people take their glasses off, or is a strapon a good alternative?

I've never noticed any issues. Even on RnR and ToT, no problems. I use a magnetic sun clip with my eye glasses so don't usually wear sunglasses unless I have contacts. In that case I use a loose keeper of some sort, croakies or chums are a couple brands. These shades just hang around my neck til I need them!

The only time I've ever had a problem with my prescription sunglasses was on Primeval Whirl. I don't use a strap at all, but I don't ride RnR. No problems on ToT, Everest, Space Mtn, BTMRR, or anything else I can think of.

I either take my glasses off, or make sure I have a cord attached. But I won't be able to read a darned thing if they break, so I am super cautious.

I wore a strap with my glasses to Disney and also to six flags in NJ where I rode all of the headliner rollercoasters and had no problems. It was nice to actually be able to see the ride for a change, wish I would’ve thought of it years ago!

I wear glasses and have never had a problem at Disney or at Universal, and we ride EVERYTHING. I just always felt that mine felt secure enough, but some loose fitting glasses could go flying off. I never really even thought about it that much. Perhaps I should get a strap for them just to be on the safe side. Yes, I believe that I will do that.

I wear croakers at Cedar Point and US, but don’t bother with a glasses strap at WDW.

My family wears sunglasses without a strap on RnRC, TOT, Everest, Big Thunder and Splash. My daughter lost a pair of sunglasses she put in the storage pouch on Space Mountain. Go figure!

You should be fine honestly on everything wearing, depending upon how well they fit. On RNRC or SM, since its in the dark there's not much to see. But on all rides theres always a pretty secure pouch that I put my phone, water, and other things in. All preference! But on spinning rides I'd be sure to take them off because theres just something with spinning rides and glasses flying off!

My fiancee has prescription sunglasses and she wore a strap with them for our past 4 trips and never had any problems. Obviously just make sure the strap is nice and tight.

I took my glasses off every time I road Rockin' Rollercoaster. Don't think I took them off for any other rides though. I'd like to get a strap and maybe wear them next time, though--I'd kind of like to actually SEE the ride...

Previously I used to take them off, but I'm buying a strap for them for our next trip. Like others mentioned...seeing the ride is kind of nice. :)

We have always worn straps for our glasses - we can see and don't have any worries about them falling off. Definitely needed for more rides at Universal than Disney, but the peace of mind is worth the minor inconvenience!

Big fan of the strap here. My current one came from Academy Sports, has the little rubber pieces that slide over the bows, and the cord that pulls through the bead in back to tighten/loosen. I might not "need" it, but it makes me feel better. I also use it to hold my glasses snug to my face in 3D attractions because it helps the 3D glasses to sit better.

The one WDW ride that makes me feel like I might lose my glasses is Test Track (but I!ve never ridden RnRC).

Just back from Disney/Universal trip & rode everything. I wear glasses & had no issues at all. I think you’ll be fine as long as your glasses are in good shape & fit correctly. If they fit you too loonly you might have a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter