We Needed our own Personal Flurry...It was HOT HOT HOT!!!NEW OCT 19

Great start! I'm so glad the flight went well. And Pop always looks so bright and welcoming!!!

Awww so nice to see your pre-trip pampering tradition is still intact. :thumbsup2

Oh no on the Orlando snag. It's so awful to be so close only to just fly around in circles for an hour. But thankfully you both landed safely which is all that realy matters.

I MISS POP!!!!!!!!

WOW. That may be the quickest DISmeet ever. Very cool. :cool1:

Yay!
Looks like a great start to the trip!

Cute nails!!

How is Shanleigh doing at University? Is she still going for Criminal Justice? I was thinking about going into Criminal Justice, but am not sure. Keep changing my mind! LOL :rotfl:

Awww! Carrie's little girl is adorable! Does Shanleigh still work for Marshalls? They are dressed so nice to be working at the store! Tell her I love her shoes! :) A girl can never have too many cute shoes, right? LOL At least I never seem to have enough shoes... or clothes... or mascara... :lmao:

It sounds like you guys had an awesome start to your trip:goodvibes

I love the disney nails, wow I can't even imagine how much detail your nail tech must have put into those.

Can't wait to hear about epcot

We sure did hon!

Shanleigh found those nails on pinterest and when she asked Tammy if she could do it, she said absolutely! Very talented lady!

I'm here and following along! Glad to see you began this TR, looking forward to hearing how all aspects of your trip went. :goodvibes

Very cute nails!

Pop is such a fun resort. How can you not have a smile on your face when you're walking around all those larger than life statues?

A DISmeet within a few hours of checking in....has to be a record!::yes::

Yay!!! I am so happy to see you Alicia!

Couldn't agree with you more...Pop makes me happy!

I couldn't believe our luck with running into her...wait until we get to AKL and hear who we ran into right away ;)

yay! You're there!

How nice that your room was ready and that you had an unplanned DISmeet! I can't wait to hear what you girls did at Epcot that evening!

I figured that circling for an hour would pay off in the end with our room being ready :rotfl2:

First time in all the trips that we've taken that we actually went to a park on arrival day!

I love you. I don't know you, glorious internet person, but I have decided you are good and have a life outlook more should emulate. You just glossed over the little bits of the plan that weren't according to desired plan and stuck with how lovely your friend was and how nice it was to get your nails done and how lovely flying was because hey, enough time for coffee! I love the brightness that comes through in your posts! I like you!

You are so sweet :hug: I try very hard to see the good in things, especially Disney! It doesn't always work out, but I do try!:rolleyes1 I am one of those people who believe that half the fun of a vacation is looking forward and planning it! Such fun!! Glad that you are following along :goodvibes

Yay! You are off to a great start! Love the Disney nails. Too bad you got stuck circling before landing but you got there! So awesome you had the spontaneous Dismeet!

Jill in CO

Thanks Jill! :goodvibesIt really was a great beginning to our trip!

Great start. Pop is our favourite value as well but the ground floor wouldn't have been well received.

My stomach did a flip flop when he said ground floor cause you know what I thought about right away....SPIDERS....:rotfl2:

Whoop whoop...another Queen TR!! :woohoo: A bit late to join but better late then never right? :rolleyes1

Love the introduction pic and yay on celebrating two special birthdays on the trip! Sounds like you and Shannon had a lovely night with Frozen...hope you saw the girls from Frozen on your trip.

Glad the flight went without a hitch and there were no dramas...woohoo on a DIS meet so early on in the trip. I love Pop Century. Looking forward to reading more my friend :goodvibes

Hey girl! You are not late at all! Glad that you are along for this one!

We definitely celebrated that is for sure! Stay tuned to see if we ran into a couple of gals from Frozen!

Sounds like preparations and arrival were a complete success! I love those Disney nails!!! SO CUTE!! Gives me inspiration for our May trip! How lucky of you to run into a friend while you were there! That happened for us on our trip last October. We were in AK, and ran into friends from our hometown. Then we ran into another group of friends from home at Pop. Then, in Epcot, we saw another family from our hometown! (Evidently, half of Franklin was there. Lol) Funny how those things happen! As big as WDW is, you really wouldn't think you'd see anyone you know! But it does happen!

Don't you find that you run into the same people over and over again throughout the parks. There was a young couple on our flight down that we kept seeing the entire first week we were there...apparently the odds of running into people you know is pretty darn good :confused3

Great start! I'm so glad the flight went well. And Pop always looks so bright and welcoming!!!

You and me both...I was actually pretty calm for this flight which never happens :rolleyes1 Oh and wait until you see the view we had from our room.....:cloud9:

Awww so nice to see your pre-trip pampering tradition is still intact. :thumbsup2

Oh no on the Orlando snag. It's so awful to be so close only to just fly around in circles for an hour. But thankfully you both landed safely which is all that realy matters.

I MISS POP!!!!!!!!

WOW. That may be the quickest DISmeet ever. Very cool. :cool1:
I don't know that we will ever change our pre-trip pampering :woohoo:

Isn't that the truth...we were watching all the clouds but never realized for the first few times around what was going on :rolleyes1

It was pretty cool to see her...I was so afraid that we weren't going to get a quick visit in but it sure worked out for us!

:cool1:Yay!!! Love your TR can't wait to read more

So happy you're enjoying it and I promise another update this weekend :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more!!

So happy that you're here and following along!

Yay!
Looks like a great start to the trip!

Cute nails!!

How is Shanleigh doing at University? Is she still going for Criminal Justice? I was thinking about going into Criminal Justice, but am not sure. Keep changing my mind! LOL :rotfl:

Awww! Carrie's little girl is adorable! Does Shanleigh still work for Marshalls? They are dressed so nice to be working at the store! Tell her I love her shoes! :) A girl can never have too many cute shoes, right? LOL At least I never seem to have enough shoes... or clothes... or mascara... :lmao:

She is doing amazing! she finished up last year with a 4.25 GPA...she is a smarty pants but works really hard at it...She is in Criminal Justice and she is particularly excited about taking forensic courses this year....not for me, but she loves that kind of stuff!

Isn't she just the sweetest little thing? She keeps us all on our toes! Shanleigh works at Winners and yes, you're right, they are dressed too nice to be going to work at the store! They hostess at an upscale restaurant in our downtown area on the weekends! She said thank you...she found the shoes at Winners :rotfl2: She would agree with you....you should see her closet and the spare room closet :rolleyes1

Wow, you snagged a great price on a flight! I'm struggling sometimes to find prices like that in Chicago!

Everyone loves a good mani/pedi. :goodvibes

Ooof, 2am comes early lady!

Pop is my favorite value resort too. Every time we've stayed there it's been great.

How cool to have an unplanned DISmeet! Those are pretty awesome.

I feel you on the 2 am wakeup. Our last trip we had a 6:30 am flight. We live a little over 2 hours from the airport. We had to be in the car by 2.

We love the Pop too! The food court always has awesome choices.

I just read a few of your past TRs and was thrilled to see you've started another!

Time to get this TR going!

Yeah!

We were originally supposed to leave for the World on Sunday the 10th, however, airfares were ridiculously high so when we snagged one for just over $400 on the Monday, we grabbed it and quickly changed our original hotel reservation.

$400??? Wow! How do you find such great deals?
Last I looked, the cheapest I could find was about twice that!

My bff was at my house very early on Saturday morning to help me get last minute things done before our hair and nail appointments. She is beyond amazing, is a packing genius and just the best of the best when it comes to friends!

And she does the ironing??? :faint:

Do not lose this woman.

Do not.

First time Shanleigh did the disney nails and she loved how they turned out...our nail girl is AMAZING!

Those nails do look pretty impressive.

Sophia and I reading Frozen...then we watched Frozen...and watched Frozen...you get the drift!

::yes:: :lmao:

Sunday was a pretty relaxed day until we met my sister, her family and my dad for dinner! I literally had no groceries so we didn't have any other choice but to go out for our first meal of vacation;)

The Keg?

2am was going to come very earlier so we were in bed by 10pm.

I'm pretty sure if I had to be up at 2 that I probably wouldn't sleep at all.
You're lucky you got some zzzs.

He took this as we were getting ready to head out the door

You both not only look amazing... but you look amazing at 2am!

We made it to the airport in no time flat, jumped out and Jeff went back home to bed!

:laughing: Smart boy!

Shanleigh and I checked in and hit the Tim Horton's for a bagel, coffee and chocolate milk!

Who had coffee and who had the milk?

We hit a little snag outside of Orlando when we ended up in a holding pattern for almost an hour due to weather...

Nail biting time.
Weather hold for almost an hour? That's pushing the fuel limit.
Oh, not to run out of gas, but before they'd have to go to an alternate airport.

Before long...this is what we saw

Two cars racing to Disney?
Cool.

Pop has become our favourite value resort and we couldn't be happier to see this gorgeous sight!

How many of the values have you stayed at?
Just wondering what makes Pop your fave?

Oh well, hopefully no critters would find their way into our room:rolleyes1

Well you did say that Jeff would be joining you later, so.... :rolleyes1:

I don't think walking into your room on arrival day ever gets old!

Ya got that right!

We were walking along and all of a sudden I saw a very familiar face...a face I hadn't seen since 2008, one of my oldest and dearest Dis-friends!!!!
I knew we were overlapping this evening and they were heading home the next day!

Wow. What are the odds?

Up next....EPCOT!

Can't wait! Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

Wow, you snagged a great price on a flight! I'm struggling sometimes to find prices like that in Chicago!

Everyone loves a good mani/pedi. :goodvibes

Ooof, 2am comes early lady!

Pop is my favorite value resort too. Every time we've stayed there it's been great.

How cool to have an unplanned DISmeet! Those are pretty awesome.

Didn't we? I can't even take the credit for it...my sister is an amazing and awesome travel agent and when she saw it at the crack of dawn one morning she was all over it...it was gone shortly after she booked!

They really are the best and when we were originally supposed to fly out on Sunday, I wasn't entirely sure we were going to get to have ours...but it all worked out in the end

Music still holds a big piece of my heart because of the memories from past trips when Shanleigh was little, but Pop is just so great...it's always our first choice now!

I feel you on the 2 am wakeup. Our last trip we had a 6:30 am flight. We live a little over 2 hours from the airport. We had to be in the car by 2.

We love the Pop too! The food court always has awesome choices.

Oh girl...I feel for you! We used to live 2 hours from our airport and the coming home part always seemed worse for me! I'm so excited when we're going that I usually spring out of bed, but this time I was exhausted so no springing was taking place :lmao:

You are so right! We had lunch there a few times on this trip!

I just read a few of your past TRs and was thrilled to see you've started another!

I am so happy you've enjoyed them and are back for another run :goodvibes

Yeah!

:goodvibes

$400??? Wow! How do you find such great deals?
Last I looked, the cheapest I could find was about twice that!

I have to give all the credit to my sister who is an amazing travel agent and snagged that one for us...within a couple of hours it was gone! When I looked at the exact flight we were on about 2 weeks before we left it was almost $1200

And she does the ironing??? :faint:

Do not lose this woman.

Do not.

Right? She's been around for 26 years and I plan on keeping her for another 26 :lmao: They are the ones that live very close to you!

Those nails do look pretty impressive.

She was extremely happy with them!

::yes:: :lmao:

I was telling Shanleigh that nothing had changed since she was Sophia's age, the only thing different was the name of the movie:rotfl2:

The Keg?

You bet!:thumbsup2

I'm pretty sure if I had to be up at 2 that I probably wouldn't sleep at all.
You're lucky you got some zzzs.

Believe me...I contemplated it over and over and then decided even a quick cat nap was better than nothing!

You both not only look amazing... but you look amazing at 2am!

Awww thanks...that was pure adrenalin!

:laughing: Smart boy!

Isn't he?

Who had coffee and who had the milk?

Coffee...moi.....milk...Shanners!

Nail biting time.
Weather hold for almost an hour? That's pushing the fuel limit.
Oh, not to run out of gas, but before they'd have to go to an alternate airport.

You can imagine how I was feeling! The first thought was the flight a few days earlier that week that was diverted to Sarasota ... right away I thought "there goes some of my shopping budget on a car" :confused3 I believe in the end we landed 45 minutes late, but I'll check with the savant that I live with and she'll know the exact time!:scratchin

Two cars racing to Disney?
Cool.

I thought you don't see that everyday so I thought I should share:rolleyes:

How many of the values have you stayed at?
Just wondering what makes Pop your fave?

Music, Movies, and Pop...Pop is newer, closer to everything! I find Movies, Music and Sports quite a ways to everything except AK...but don't get me wrong, I would stay at them in a heartbeat if Pop wasn't available!

Well you did say that Jeff would be joining you later, so.... :rolleyes1:

True enough....:scared:

Ya got that right!

:cool1:

Wow. What are the odds?

I know, I couldn't believe our luck!

Can't wait! Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

Another one coming your way shortly and by shortly I mean at some point today depending on how many interruptions I have...you know, laundry, cleaning, etc etc :crazy2:

Don't you find that you run into the same people over and over again throughout the parks. There was a young couple on our flight down that we kept seeing the entire first week we were there...apparently the odds of running into people you know is pretty darn good :confused3

Absolutely! There was a couple sitting next to us at the Polynesian Luau that we kept running into. We actually ended up hanging out in the Magic Kingdom one night for EMH. Lol...

Good morning everyone! I am just sitting here enjoying my morning coffee and thought I should get another post up because I have no idea what this upcoming week will bring!

I left off with us having a quick bite in the food court before heading out to Epcot. It was a beautiful evening and I was so excited to get on that bus and there already! We had one little piece of business tho before heading into the part and that was to add Park Hopper and 3 more days to our 7 day base tickets.

Well, the excitement over took us and we walked right by and into the park. Yup, that thought was quickly vanished when we got there and couldn't get in fast enough! I don't think I thought about it until the bus ride home that evening:confused3 But hey, we're here and we're excited! We stopped for a couple of pics and decided to head straight for WS

Couldn't pass our our "home and native land" without a pic of the fence, I love this fence....

We ran into this little shop because I was looking for a Scotland polo for my dad but holy moly were they expensive. We decided over the next 3 weeks if we found nothing else, that yes we would come back!

I love going in behind the UK ... off the beaten path! So peaceful and so beautiful...but that didn't last for long because we had a very important destination to make it to....
First stop was at....you guessed it ... France! Someone was 21 and I wanted to buy her a drink, my favourite drink...GREY GOOSE SLUSHIE! Now, you have to understand one thing about my child...she doesn't like the taste of alcohol...any kind of alcohol...I told her she would enjoy this drink because you can't taste the alcohol and I was right...she loved it! It's actually the only alcoholic drink she had on the trip, everything else was virgin daiquiri's!

With drinks in hand we headed back for some pictures but it wasn't to be ...we we went back to where we came from, grabbed a bench and enjoyed some people watching while we had our drinks! It was a great start to our evening!

We love Morocco...again, so different and you literally feel transported there! It was a little busy in this area but we just took our time and enjoyed looking around especially at the jewellery:blush:

I am posting this for one reason and one reason only...I bought a new camera this year and I wanted to try out the zoom, which according to everything I had read and seen, was to be amazing! So see the building in Canada....

Yup, everything was right...it was amazing! I think had it not been for the haze, this pic would have been spectacular! Ok, enough with playing with the camera (can you imagine whose words those were)

Japan...we would be back here the following week for dinner but couldn't pass by this beautiful building and not capture it!

We made our way inside to look around the shop and then came out the side as we love this spot...I could sit here for hours, it's so peaceful...well, peaceful if you like tons of people milling around ... but peaceful for me :lmao:

It was getting very close to our ADR time so we headed to ....ITALY! For those of you who have read past TR's of mine you know this is Shanleigh's favourite spot on earth! So we decided we would go and hang around and just enjoy the sights and sounds of Italy!

There is something about finding a little table...and a glass of wine for me...that just feels so right on a beautiful evening in Epcot! We were in no rush to get inside ... we still had half an hour before our ADR so we simply enjoyed each other's company and those around us!

We love this place so it was at the top of our list for ADR's. We had such a great time in here!

We had decided before we left home that we were planning on splitting a lot of our meals and it started here! We both decided this place has the best pizza in our opinion, so we split that and a large bottle of San Pelligrino...

It was as good as we remembered. We didn't rush and they didn't rush us! It had started to rain so we decided on dessert which I was positive I had a picture of, however, I can't find it! Trust me in saying that and my coffee were delicious and as soon as the rain stopped to a fine drizzle we headed out to get back for a relatively early bedtime!!!

Up next....MK!

Absolutely! There was a couple sitting next to us at the Polynesian Luau that we kept running into. We actually ended up hanging out in the Magic Kingdom one night for EMH. Lol...

That's hilarious! It's funny how you can meet people and just hit it off...I love when that happens!

Ah, you can take care of the "business" stuff later. You just have to go right in.

Do you remember if the Maple Leaf fence used to be see though as in a cut out as opposed to the solid red leaf? I swear it used to be that way.

FINALLY the real GGS!!!! And Finally "Legal around the World". Big moment for sure.

I too love the Morocco pavilion. So much stuff that most people miss.

What a lovely evening to spend your first day. Just milling around World Showcase. I've just grown to love it more and more each visit.

Great picture!

Well done on the slushie. Still a stop for us every time.

Thanks Darcy!

Thank you...us too...some days...multiple times:lmao:

Ah, you can take care of the "business" stuff later. You just have to go right in.
That's a better way of looking at it...I'm going with that from now on :thumbsup2
Do you remember if the Maple Leaf fence used to be see though as in a cut out as opposed to the solid red leaf? I swear it used to be that way.
That's a great question...I'm going to go back and look at past pics and see what I can find! I'll let you know!
FINALLY the real GGS!!!! And Finally "Legal around the World". Big moment for sure.
YAY!!! It was such a great moment...no cares in the world...just being in our favourite place together...what more could we ask for!
I too love the Morocco pavilion. So much stuff that most people miss.
I think back to the years when Shanleigh was younger and we never even ventured off the main track...now it's our favourite thing to do!
What a lovely evening to spend your first day. Just milling around World Showcase. I've just grown to love it more and more each visit.

You and me both Rob...you and me both!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter