We Needed our own Personal Flurry...It was HOT HOT HOT!!!NEW OCT 19

Of course you were super excited to get into the park! When I arrive in the AM or early afternoon, I am too!

OMG, I forgot this was Shan's first trip in the World legal! AAAHHHH, so exciting! It's the perfect drink for someone who doesn't like the taste of alcohol.

If Shan loves the Italy pavilion, I would definitely suggest a trip there in the future for her. I went to Italy with my brother last year and it's just absolutely beautiful.

Yay for arrival and uneventful flights. How nice of Jeff to get up so early to drive you to the airport.

Is Shan still in college? How is it going? Love her nails. Too cute! And I love the new suitcase, which remind me that I need one before my October trip since I lost a wheel back in Feb. Boo!

And you look wonderful! I know you've been working hard and haven't been on the boards much, but clearly something is agreeing with you! :good vibes

I wish I didn't like the taste of alcohol. Just sayin! :rotfl2:

BB has a version of the GGS which is really super yummy! I had one last October. So good!

Loved the updates! :thumbsup2

Hopping in to read your TR! Your title caught my eye. I was there in late July/early August and I think it was the hottest I've seen it! (I really don't know if it was, but it felt hotter this year).

Pop Century is fun, and Epcot, and all of World Showcase! Your new camera takes nice pictures, I hope you enjoyed it!

I am a lot older than your daughter, I don't like the taste of alcohol either. I've heard such good things about the Gray Goose Slushie that I just might need to try it now that I know that it doesn't taste like alcohol. There is nothing coconutty in it is there?

Good morning everyone!

Morning!

Well, the excitement over took us and we walked right by and into the park. Yup, that thought was quickly vanished when we got there and couldn't get in fast enough!

:lmao: Totally not surprised!

We ran into this little shop because I was looking for a Scotland polo for my dad but holy moly were they expensive.

Expensive merchandise? In Disney? How very odd!

First stop was at....you guessed it ... France! Someone was 21 and I wanted to buy her a drink, my favourite drink...GREY GOOSE SLUSHIE!

Really, you didn't have to say what it was.
We all know! :laughing:

We love Morocco...again, so different and you literally feel transported there!

Must admit that I've spent hardly any time at all in WS.
Kids want rides, not culture.

Hoping to rectify that some day.

Yup, everything was right...it was amazing! I think had it not been for the haze, this pic would have been spectacular!

Not bad!

Ok, enough with playing with the camera (can you imagine whose words those were)

A passing CM? :rolleyes:

Japan...we would be back here the following week for dinner but couldn't pass by this beautiful building and not capture it!

I think that's my #1 for places to spend a lot of time at in WS.

It was getting very close to our ADR time so we headed to ....ITALY! For those of you who have read past TR's of mine you know this is Shanleigh's favourite spot on earth! So we decided we would go and hang around and just enjoy the sights and sounds of Italy!

I still have that little something I brought back from Italy for Shanleigh.
We have to find time to have you guys over again!

We were in no rush to get inside ... we still had half an hour before our ADR so we simply enjoyed each other's company and those around us!

Nice.
I promised myself that if/when I get back to Disney, I'd take time to smell the roses.

We had decided before we left home that we were planning on splitting a lot of our meals and it started here! We both decided this place has the best pizza in our opinion, so we split that and a large bottle of San Pelligrino...

That pizza looks good. Do you remember what kind it was?

Up next....MK!

Thanks for the chapter! :goodvibes

There is seriously nothing better that an evening at World Showcase right? It's always where we go on our first night too :thumbsup2

Epcot is my favorite park. I am in love with World Showcase. There is nothing better than just wandering around and people watching. A cool drink and a nice breeze make it perfect.

I'm here, I'm here! Late, but here. Franklin told me you had started a new TR and I couldn't wait until I could get home from work tonight and read it!

A Grey Goose slushie and pizza at Via Napoli might be the most perfect way to kick off a Disney trip. Can't wait to read more!

What a fun evening in the World Showcase. That's the best way to tour the countries, slow and steady. You see so much that way.

A great first alcohol pick. Those grey goose slushies are fantastic. Glad you and Shanleigh could enjoy one together. My mom and I have done the same thing before, and it's a nice way to kill time in Epcot.

Isn't Via Napoli delicious? Mmmm, that pizza made me hungry. :rotfl:

It sounds like you two beginning your vacation in a great way. :thumbsup2

I'm here, late.... but I'm here!!

The anticipation of a vacation is always a RUSH. Even being at the airport knowing you're going to Disney...ahhh! We are still 107 days away from our vacation and I feel giddy about being to almost double digits!

EPCOT is a great first choice, and the Via Napoli pizza looks SO good. We're eating here for the first time for our January trip!

Great updates and can't wait to read more!

Hi! Newbie joining in, hope you don't mind.

I think I need to kidnap your BFF Brenda, what a sweetheart helping with all the preparations.

Love the beautiful manicured nails, props to your nail tech!

Little Sophia is adorable and apparently very smart for loving Frozen ;)

Glad you had a good flight up until the end, the delay would be a bummer.

POP is our resort choice for our first visit next year, so I love reading about other Disers get excited about it!

I am with you, I would have been to excited to enter Epcot rather than taking care of business.

Grey Goose Slushie is on my list of must tries, I am not a huge fan of strong tasting drinks either, so I am thrilled to hear your review on it.

Love your pictures, your camera (and you) seems to be doing a great job so far. I really like the Koi pond photo, it's gorgeous!

I've read so many amazing reviews of Via Napoli, I am rethinking my ADR's. It may have to be one that gets on my list. It looks so yummy!

I am loving your TR so far, can't wait for more!

Well well, no pictures of your beautiful family at the Keg for your pre trip dinner?! Appalling!:scared1:

When my husband sent me a text at work to say you were circling Orlando for weather (he was tracking your flight) I burst out laughing!:lmao: I could just imagine your fear, sorry makes me laugh...don't worry she gets her revenge later.

I got a picture of your dessert, you sent it to us via text so it's there somewhere:rolleyes1

Glad you guys enjoyed your GGS:sad2:

Love that people think you're so positive :rotfl2: I'll just keep those thoughts to myself:rotfl2:

Can't wait for the next episode:yay:

I mostly lurk on the DIS now but saw this and wanted to say Hi!! You both look amazing and can;t wait to read all about your trip!!

Hey I'm here!! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!!
Going to go back to catch up now!!
Took me a while to find you as I haven't visited the disboards in a while!
Even forgot my password!
Anyway, I got it figured out now and ready to hear about your trip! :cool1:

debbie

Of course you were super excited to get into the park! When I arrive in the AM or early afternoon, I am too!

OMG, I forgot this was Shan's first trip in the World legal! AAAHHHH, so exciting! It's the perfect drink for someone who doesn't like the taste of alcohol.

If Shan loves the Italy pavilion, I would definitely suggest a trip there in the future for her. I went to Italy with my brother last year and it's just absolutely beautiful.

Exactly...glad you get it!

So true...she said it was the first alcoholic drink she actually enjoyed and would have again!

Our plan is to go to Italy when she graduates from University! She has a separate Italy vacation account and we are seriously considering Adventures by Disney for that one!

Yay for arrival and uneventful flights. How nice of Jeff to get up so early to drive you to the airport.
Yes, we sure appreciated it! I told him I would order a car but he said it's a waste of money when he's perfectly capable of driving us :thumbsup2
Is Shan still in college? How is it going? Love her nails. Too cute! And I love the new suitcase, which remind me that I need one before my October trip since I lost a wheel back in Feb. Boo!
She sure is, this is her third year! She decided to do the honours program so she still has this year plus 2 more to go! I loved her nails too...adorable! My sister's luggage took a beating this trip as well, good thing my BIL brought along duct tape LOL
And you look wonderful! I know you've been working hard and haven't been on the boards much, but clearly something is agreeing with you! :good vibes
You are so sweet, thank you very much! I was diagnosed with diabetes last year and decided some major changes needed to be made. I needed to work less and get to the gym more so that's what I did. It's a battle everyday, but one that I am proud to say that I am winning!
I wish I didn't like the taste of alcohol. Just sayin! :rotfl2:
You and me both! :rotfl2:
BB has a version of the GGS which is really super yummy! I had one last October. So good!
Really? I shall put that on my "next time" list!
Loved the updates! :thumbsup2
Hopping in to read your TR! Your title caught my eye. I was there in late July/early August and I think it was the hottest I've seen it! (I really don't know if it was, but it felt hotter this year).
Yay...glad you're here! When we were there it was so hot I said to Shanleigh, this is the hottest it's ever been and then when we saw the news that evening they said they had broken a record that day!
Pop Century is fun, and Epcot, and all of World Showcase! Your new camera takes nice pictures, I hope you enjoyed it!
I love Pop...it just makes me so happy! Cheerful...that's a good word! Love WS and my new camera has blown me away!
I am a lot older than your daughter, I don't like the taste of alcohol either. I've heard such good things about the Gray Goose Slushie that I just might need to try it now that I know that it doesn't taste like alcohol. There is nothing coconutty in it is there?
Nothing coconutty in it at all...lemony....so fresh and lemony....let me know when you try one, I'm interested to know what you think!popcorn::

Morning!

:lmao: Totally not surprised!

I know :rolleyes2

Expensive merchandise? In Disney? How very odd!

Glad you were as shocked as I was ;)

Really, you didn't have to say what it was.
We all know! :laughing:

Yes, you all know me so well...I'll remember that next time!

Must admit that I've spent hardly any time at all in WS.
Kids want rides, not culture.

Hoping to rectify that some day.

The great thing about them getting older tho is they can do rides and you can do culture:thumbsup2

Not bad!

:goodvibes

A passing CM? :rolleyes:

...or an annoying daughter:rotfl2:

I think that's my #1 for places to spend a lot of time at in WS.

I must say, I quite enjoy spending time there...love it as a matter of fact!

I still have that little something I brought back from Italy for Shanleigh.
We have to find time to have you guys over again!

We sure do...it's been far too long!

Nice.
I promised myself that if/when I get back to Disney, I'd take time to smell the roses.

Never if...never, never, never...always when::yes::

That pizza looks good. Do you remember what kind it was?

Sure do...spicy italian :)

Thanks for the chapter! :goodvibes
Thanks for reading :goodvibes

There is seriously nothing better that an evening at World Showcase right? It's always where we go on our first night too :thumbsup2

Nothing...nothing at all that I can think of! I think we just very well may have begun a new tradition this year!

Epcot is my favorite park. I am in love with World Showcase. There is nothing better than just wandering around and people watching. A cool drink and a nice breeze make it perfect.
Mine too girl...mine too! You took the words right out of my mouth....I want to be there now...let's go!

I'm here, I'm here! Late, but here. Franklin told me you had started a new TR and I couldn't wait until I could get home from work tonight and read it!

A Grey Goose slushie and pizza at Via Napoli might be the most perfect way to kick off a Disney trip. Can't wait to read more!
Awww... that just made me so happy! I am so glad you are here!

It was heavenly and I think about that first night often and remember just how wonderful it felt not to rush...to just be in the moment and it was fantastic!

What a fun evening in the World Showcase. That's the best way to tour the countries, slow and steady. You see so much that way.

You sure do...I could have spent all night there until the wee hours of the morning, but they insist on closing it at night:rotfl2:

A great first alcohol pick. Those grey goose slushies are fantastic. Glad you and Shanleigh could enjoy one together. My mom and I have done the same thing before, and it's a nice way to kill time in Epcot.

She was telling one of my girlfriends about it and she couldn't believe Shanleigh actually had a drink and liked it:cool1:

Isn't Via Napoli delicious? Mmmm, that pizza made me hungry. :rotfl:
So good! At home, I can take or leave pizza but at Via Napoli....:love:that's how I feel about the pizza!
It sounds like you two beginning your vacation in a great way. :thumbsup2
Thanks hon, it really was!

I'm here, late.... but I'm here!!
YAY...Jillian's here! Did I ever tell you that Jillian was on my short list when I was trying to decide on a name for my Shanny?

The anticipation of a vacation is always a RUSH. Even being at the airport knowing you're going to Disney...ahhh! We are still 107 days away from our vacation and I feel giddy about being to almost double digits!
Completely!! Trust me...that 107 days is going to fly by! I honestly felt like "it can't be the Friday before we leave, how did that happen, I still have so much to do":rotfl2:
EPCOT is a great first choice, and the Via Napoli pizza looks SO good. We're eating here for the first time for our January trip!
Oh I can't wait to hear what you think of it!
Great updates and can't wait to read more!
I will have another update up tomorrow, I promise!

Hi! Newbie joining in, hope you don't mind.
Yay...glad to have you aboard, the more the merrier!
I think I need to kidnap your BFF Brenda, what a sweetheart helping with all the preparations.
She is such a doll...we've been friends for 26 years and I can't imagine my life without her!
Love the beautiful manicured nails, props to your nail tech!
She is a great isn't she!
Little Sophia is adorable and apparently very smart for loving Frozen ;)
She is obsessed! Carrie said she wouldn't watch anything else, but last week when I had her we watched Nemo and she loved it!
Glad you had a good flight up until the end, the delay would be a bummer.
I knew it was too good to be true...we were ahead of schedule the whole time and BAM...holding pattern:guilty:
POP is our resort choice for our first visit next year, so I love reading about other Disers get excited about it!
You will love it...it just makes me smile!
I am with you, I would have been to excited to enter Epcot rather than taking care of business.
It's like I loose my mind when I am in Disney!
Grey Goose Slushie is on my list of must tries, I am not a huge fan of strong tasting drinks either, so I am thrilled to hear your review on it.
You'll have to let me know what you think...:thumbsup2
Love your pictures, your camera (and you) seems to be doing a great job so far. I really like the Koi pond photo, it's gorgeous!
Thank you and I agree I could have pulled up a bench and sat there for hours...so peaceful!
I've read so many amazing reviews of Via Napoli, I am rethinking my ADR's. It may have to be one that gets on my list. It looks so yummy!
Maybe you could sneak it in at lunch one day??
I am loving your TR so far, can't wait for more!
Glad you're enjoying it .... thank you so much!

Well well, no pictures of your beautiful family at the Keg for your pre trip dinner?! Appalling!:scared1:
Can you believe the only picture i had on my phone was Shan and I?:confused3
When my husband sent me a text at work to say you were circling Orlando for weather (he was tracking your flight) I burst out laughing!:lmao: I could just imagine your fear, sorry makes me laugh...don't worry she gets her revenge later.
You are an evil woman! Laughing at your poor sister! Oh yes, I got revenge more than once this trip didn't I dear sister:rotfl2:
I got a picture of your dessert, you sent it to us via text so it's there somewhere:rolleyes1
You're right, but those pics were on my phone and I have only downloaded the camera pics...I'll get Shan on that!
Glad you guys enjoyed your GGS:sad2:
You were jealous...admit it, go ahead...waiting....
Love that people think you're so positive :rotfl2: I'll just keep those thoughts to myself:rotfl2:
I am nothing but a little ray of pure sunshine and you know it::yes::
Are you going to be nicer to your baby sister in the next episode?:flower3:

I mostly lurk on the DIS now but saw this and wanted to say Hi!! You both look amazing and can;t wait to read all about your trip!!

Hello old friend:hug: I am so happy you decided to lurk and comment :flower3:

Hey I'm here!! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!!
Going to go back to catch up now!!
Took me a while to find you as I haven't visited the disboards in a while!
Even forgot my password!
Anyway, I got it figured out now and ready to hear about your trip! :cool1:

debbie

Hi Debbie:wave2:

I'm glad you're here and have everything figured out. I was the same when I tried to get back into photo bucket...what an exercise that was!:rotfl2:

Glad you're here!

Are you going to be nicer to your baby sister in the next episode?:flower3:

I can really feel the sisterly love up in this TR! :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: You two are hilarious! :laughing:

Can't wait for your next update!!! :goodvibes

I can't think of a better way to start my Saturday than to get another update done! Year end is slowly approaching at work but I'm going to do my darndest (is that a word) to keep updates coming at least weekly!!!

Our first full day was at MK...I don't think your Disney vacation ever truly feels started until you hit this magical land! We were up and out of our room by 715am because I cannot miss the opening show! We headed to have some breakfast...oh wait....OTTD...anyone know what that is?? Good, I didn't either...outfit of the day...Shanleigh rushed back so she could take a "selfie"...she thought it fitting considering....

This was her OTTD...isn't it just the cutest tank! I cannot even begin to remember how many people stopped her and asked her where she bought it, they were all hoping she was going to say somewhere in the MK, but nope, a little store called rue 21...we found it one our last trip down to Fargo North Dakota and she grabbed it!!
We took a different route to the main entrance this morning and when my parents went with my sister they had a picture taken here so I thought it appropriate that we get one as well

...and since this was opposite the other, I decided to grab this one as well...but I know by now, you all know, Shan is ready for breakfast and the picture taking will be put on hold

...ummm...ok so I had to take one more! I can't help myself, I just love this place!

We would be back later to enjoy a little pool time, those of you who have read our past TR's know that we love our afternoon pool time, well at least until the afternoon rains arrive:rotfl2: We ran in to have breakfast, Shan and I split a waffle and bacon, she had an iced tea and I had a water all of which I have no pictures of :confused3 and we were off!

Such a beautiful sight! We made it in just enough time to pass through with our new magic bands, which, I have to say....amazing little pieces of technology!

I had enough time to get my camera out to capture these two spunky little ladies!! How cute are they!

Again, I must add, I was very thankful for my wonderful new camera!! We would be seeing these ladies at our meet and greet in just over an hour, until then, we had some touring to do!

I know we all have a million pictures of the castle, but I still have to grab one each and everytime we enter ... it's a sickness, I know!

We casually wandered down Main Street, talked to all the wonderful CM's that stand there to greet us and by the time we got to Casey's...do we go left or do we go right?

STRAIGHT TO NFL!!! You see, it's been 2 years and a bit since we've been to the World (I know, makes me sick every time I think of that) and we couldn't wait to see it!! At this point we were literally running around willy nilly, not sure what we wanted to see first but I insisted we head to ....

Such a cute little village Belle lives in! I did get yelled at here tho...that did not make me happy! Someone forgot they were at the happiest place on earth, took their grumpy pill, I'm not really sure but apparently I lingered too long in the entrance way to the Tavern:rolleyes2 Oh well, not gonna ruin my day, and I told her that I hoped her day got better cause no one should be grumpy here and walked away!

Then we decided to head over hear as we had heard so many amazing things about these bathrooms and they were all right on the money! We ended up grabbing a couple of bottles of water and just having about a 10 minute break in here to take it all in...no rushing for us on this trip!

I was literally in heaven sitting here and if it hadn't been for the blazing sun I could have sat there all morning! But, it was time to move on and to a little ride we were both excited to experience for the first time....

Thoroughly enjoyed this and thought about how much our little Sophia would love it when she was big to enough to come! Not that she's not big enough but Carrie wants her to be a little older so it will limit the meltdowns, to which I laughed and said, we've seen 50 year olds have meltdowns at Disney, it's all good when it's a little one, you just take out your common sense and head to the room for a little nap!

It doesn't matter how old you are, you always need to take a little spin on dumbo! I was shocked at the fact that we walked right on...

Of course we had to take a selfie on Dumbo...well at least that's what I was told!

We wandered a little more because by now it was time to head over to meet the girls!! Yup it was almost 10am and our FP+ was at 1010am. I had no clue at all where they were situated so Shanleigh asked a very nice CM where to go and he pointed us in the right direction and we were off!!

Up next....MEETING THE GIRLS!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter