We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? Stories from New DLR Locals - Updated 1/15

This is so much fun reading about your adventure and move to CA! Each place you've lived have some fun interesting things (New York with Central Park and the raccoons and saying goodbye to your zoo friends and Colorado with the toads and Stupey Doodle). It's so fun living through you and your adventure :) I moved from Virginia to Central Oregon in Sept 2011 and we had deer coming up to our front porch where you could literally hand feed them. Then moved here to Culver City in June 2012 and have encountered a whole different breed of animals (the L.A. human form) :lmao: I can't wait to read all about your transition from Colorado to California!

I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Wait until you hear about all the animal friends we've made in CA... I'm jealous of your deer experiences in OR. I love deer. They're really beautiful animals. And I can CERTAINLY relate to some of the "animals" you've encountered in the L.A. area. We've come across the same thing ourselves... :moped:

AWWw...... What a cute car. I love the decals and Dumbo. It definitely has your touches to it.

Colorado looks great. I'm hoping to get out to Durango in September; and I know that's a bit away from where you are....but I can claim to be in Colorado.

PrincessInOz said:
AWWw...... What a cute car. I love the decals and Dumbo. It definitely has your touches to it.

Colorado looks great. I'm hoping to get out to Durango in September; and I know that's a bit away from where you are....but I can claim to be in Colorado.

Glad you like Dumbo. We're very happy with him! Literally the day we bought and applied the decals, we were parked at Target just outside of Boulder, and the car parked next to us had the Disney family decals as well. Just goes to show we Disney fans are everywhere!

Durango is beautiful! And I'm sure it will be great in September with fall foliage. If you get a chance, I highly recommend the Durango-Silverton railroad. It takes you through some great mountain views. The only time I've been through that area of the state was when I was much younger, and I'd love to go back sometime.

We made our move to Orange County last year & I'm enjoying reading about your process & progress in moving here. Steve was right about the hatchback. I wish we had more room for hauling stuff especially when trying to find furniture bargains.

Glad you like Dumbo. We're very happy with him! Literally the day we bought and applied the decals, we were parked at Target just outside of Boulder, and the car parked next to us had the Disney family decals as well. Just goes to show we Disney fans are everywhere!

Durango is beautiful! And I'm sure it will be great in September with fall foliage. If you get a chance, I highly recommend the Durango-Silverton railroad. It takes you through some great mountain views. The only time I've been through that area of the state was when I was much younger, and I'd love to go back sometime.

It's on my list! I only hope the train is running when we are there.

We made our move to Orange County last year & I'm enjoying reading about your process & progress in moving here. Steve was right about the hatchback. I wish we had more room for hauling stuff especially when trying to find furniture bargains.

Glad to have another recent OC transplant reading along! Honestly, I can't imagine what we would have done without a hatchback. You'll see the way our car was loaded up for the move pretty soon, but we could NEVER have done it without all our storage space. It's also come in quite handy as we bought lots of furniture off Craigslist.

It's on my list! I only hope the train is running when we are there.

Hope so too! I know it was spring the time I did it, so I have no idea when it runs in the autumn...

Poor simple Duffy, always a bit out of the loop...

Your pictures are so beautiful! Sounds like such a great mini roadtrip in Dumbo.
Awwh those dogs are all so cute and the puppies are ridiculously adorable!!

ugh a 45 minute wait for pizza is ridiculous! I guess they did mean the name literally?

Someday, I'm going to make it out to Pike's Peak and Garden of the Gods. I just have to work out which trip!

How lovely to have that trip for your first road trip in the new car.

Thanks for sharing.

I am moving over after reading your other trip reports. I'm also anxiously waiting for when you arrive in Anaheim. I want to hear more about those adventures.

Those 2 little puppies were adorable, I think I would have had to adopt one if they weren't already spoken for.

Wait a minute, your allergic to dogs but such an animal lover?? That stinks.

Marvelous story telling! I can't wait until the next chapter! :thumbsup2

So glad you're enjoying! :cool1: Hope you have fun reading about the rest of our adventures.

Poor simple Duffy, always a bit out of the loop...

Your pictures are so beautiful! Sounds like such a great mini roadtrip in Dumbo.
Awwh those dogs are all so cute and the puppies are ridiculously adorable!!

ugh a 45 minute wait for pizza is ridiculous! I guess they did mean the name literally?

At least we never feel sorry for Duffy when he's too simple to understand something. He's always extremely happy about everything. He just smiles and waves. Blissful ignorance.

I really liked all of the dogs we got to meet (even the one who didn't like me). I want a dog. Stat.

And yes, the pizza experience was horrendous. I'm 99% sure they just forgot about our order because in the end I had to go up and figure out what was taking so long, and when I did they re-wrote it down and it was out in minutes. We just certainly weren't the only party waiting that long, which is why it took me so long to investigate.

Someday, I'm going to make it out to Pike's Peak and Garden of the Gods. I just have to work out which trip!

How lovely to have that trip for your first road trip in the new car.

Thanks for sharing.

As you'll see, Garden of the Gods was a stop for us on this trip. I've never been up Pikes Peak, and would like to someday. We just couldn't fit everything into this one weekend, and the cog railway is pretty expensive.

I was glad we got to take the car out for this sample road trip. While not totally indicative of how we'd do on the cross-country drive, it was good to get some highway miles under our belts and get an idea of how it would be to spend long periods of time buckled into Dumbo.

I am moving over after reading your other trip reports. I'm also anxiously waiting for when you arrive in Anaheim. I want to hear more about those adventures.

Those 2 little puppies were adorable, I think I would have had to adopt one if they weren't already spoken for.

Wait a minute, your allergic to dogs but such an animal lover?? That stinks.

Glad to have you here! There have certainly been plenty of adventures in Orange County already. Hopefully the payoff will be worth all the buildup (I have no idea myself if it will be since we're still writing the story every day!).

Yes, we definitely would have wanted to snatch up one (if not both) of the puppies if they weren't spoken for. And yes, I'm terribly allergic to both dogs and cats, but have grown up with them around all my life. I'm much worse around cats, and there were at least four of them at Tracy's aunt's house, so that was the cause of most of my allergies there. Luckily, I'm more of a dog person, and they cause fewer issues-- especially the smaller ones.

Beautiful shots of Garden of the Gods.

I had no idea that the US Olympic squad training facilities were in Colorado. Something to add to my bucket list.

Bats! Does that make that house....the Bat Cave?

I do think the one shot looks like a camel. Only thing wrong is I see no second camel for him to be making out with.

I liked hearing the cardio feats of the rifle team. I was captain of the Ohio State rifle team my junior year at school. My dad also tried out for the US team until he had us kids and couldn't devote the time to it anymore.

Some more lovely photos I'd love to go to an Olympic training camp, not too sure where our one is though!! Oh and just to confirm in the UK the on/off ramps are indeed called slip roads!

Garden of the gods looks so beautiful!!! And what a great story behind it!

I also really appreciate the weirdness and awkwardness of camels.:thumbsup2

Your poses out the front of the training centre are hilarious. You guys are too funny!

Gah McKayla is cracking me up. You should buy her that bambi shirt and send it to her people :rotfl:

UGH the bat story is awful!! I heard a horrible story today about some people who had their house flood really badly and when they went in to recover stuff the highest ceiling was pretty much covered with spiders, trying to stay dry from the flood water. YUCK.

I love your story so far! Beautiful pics of CO, I've heard of Garden of the Gods, my niece has brought her family there, when they lived in CO Springs. I sure enjoyed visiting her last year and wish I could do it again this year, but alas...that's ok though because in June I will be in the Happiest Place on Earth once again! Yay!

Will monitor this thread carefully, waiting impatiently for next installment!

Kelly ;)

Beautiful shots of Garden of the Gods.

I had no idea that the US Olympic squad training facilities were in Colorado. Something to add to my bucket list.

Bats! Does that make that house....the Bat Cave?

Glad you liked the pictures! It was such a beautiful place to visit!

I honestly didn't really have any idea the training center was there either. I think at some point during the Olympics, the announcer said something about them training there, so we decided to stop in and see it in action! I bet the tour will be a little more exciting in a year or so. Since the Olympics had just ended, they'd started a bunch of construction on the complex and we weren't allowed into as many buildings as they sometimes let you go into.

You know, I never really thought about the Bat Cave. :rotfl2: If they just bought a Batmobile to park out front, they could have made a fortune off tourists.

I do think the one shot looks like a camel. Only thing wrong is I see no second camel for him to be making out with.

I liked hearing the cardio feats of the rifle team. I was captain of the Ohio State rifle team my junior year at school. My dad also tried out for the US team until he had us kids and couldn't devote the time to it anymore.

I did think of the fact that one camel without a mate didn't make too much sense unfortunately. I guess maybe I shouldn't pursue a career naming rock sculptures now... :(

That's cool that you and your family have such a riflery background! To think, your dad could have trained at that very center if things had gone a little differently.

Some more lovely photos I'd love to go to an Olympic training camp, not too sure where our one is though!! Oh and just to confirm in the UK the on/off ramps are indeed called slip roads!

It was a fun place to get to look around! I'm guessing that the main training center in the UK is probably in some part of the complex they just built up for the London Olympics, but I know there are a few different ones scattered around the US, so that may be the case there as well. I'm glad Daniel wasn't going too crazy with his "slip roads." It's the only term we've noticed that he says differently from the "American English" voice. We don't like her, though. Her name is Jill and she sounds like a robot.

Garden of the gods looks so beautiful!!! And what a great story behind it!

I also really appreciate the weirdness and awkwardness of camels.:thumbsup2

Your poses out the front of the training centre are hilarious. You guys are too funny!

Gah McKayla is cracking me up. You should buy her that bambi shirt and send it to her people :rotfl:

UGH the bat story is awful!! I heard a horrible story today about some people who had their house flood really badly and when they went in to recover stuff the highest ceiling was pretty much covered with spiders, trying to stay dry from the flood water. YUCK.

We really enjoyed Garden of the Gods, camels and all! I don't know how I had managed never to go during all those years living in CO, but I'm glad we could make it part of our trip.

Glad you appreciate McKayla as much as we do! If only they still were making that shirt, it would have been funny to send it to her. I bet she wouldn't have been too impressed by it though...

I think that spider story might creep me out more than the bats. I think bats are cute at least, so while an infestation would be pretty terrible, I don't have much of a problem with a few bats. Spiders, on the other hand... :scared1:

I love your story so far! Beautiful pics of CO, I've heard of Garden of the Gods, my niece has brought her family there, when they lived in CO Springs. I sure enjoyed visiting her last year and wish I could do it again this year, but alas...that's ok though because in June I will be in the Happiest Place on Earth once again! Yay!

Will monitor this thread carefully, waiting impatiently for next installment!

Kelly ;)

I'm so glad you're enjoying reading along! Colorado is always such a great place to visit. I'll never tire of seeing all the sights. Obviously when we're choosing a place to spend our time, however, Disney just wins out. Hence the move! Hope you like hearing about the rest of our adventures :thumbsup2

Gorgeous pictures of the animals. Nice that Dumbo even got a look-in.

Sorry that you didn't get quality sleep that night. Hope you made up for it the next day.

Great pictures, but I'm dying to know if you solved the ninja mystery!

Gorgeous pictures of the animals. Nice that Dumbo even got a look-in.

Sorry that you didn't get quality sleep that night. Hope you made up for it the next day.

Glad you liked the zoo animals (and Dumbo of course). :)

I remember we were pretty exhausted that first night back from the Springs and slept like logs. And we weren't even awakened by ninja fights once!

Great pictures, but I'm dying to know if you solved the ninja mystery!

We never did, though I don't think we've talked to Barb since that weekend, so she may have. Maybe Tracy can e-mail her and find out if the mystery was ever solved. Inquiring minds all over the world want to know, after all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter