We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? Stories from New DLR Locals - Updated 1/15

Real Life Update 3/11/15
Plenty of Gnus

Hi all. I know it's been a while since my last post to this trip report. Before the big DIS upgrade, the moderators went through and deleted all posts with links to outside websites, so my reports ended up a little gutted. Since then, I've still been keeping my blog up to date, but I miss connecting with all of you who faithfully read here for so long. So my goal is going to be to use this thread to provide some brief photo updates of the end of our time living in Orange County in addition to the trips we've taken since then. I'll continue to post full updates on my Wandering Mouseketeers blog, but the posts here will be more pictoral and less verbose—for those of you who would rather not spend 15 minutes hearing about what we had for lunch ;)

In other news, I wrote and self-published a book since my last update here. It's called Go West, Young Mouse: The Ultimate Disneyland Guide for the Experienced Walt Disney World Traveler, and it's available on the Amazon Kindle store. The book was a bit of a passion project since I knew it would have a very niche audience, but I'm sure there are some people out there who will be able to discover and enjoy it.

Tracy and I just got back yesterday from an amazing two-week trip that included a Disney Cruise to the Bahamas, 7 nights at Walt Disney World, and 2 days at Universal. Again, I'll be doing my full trip reports over time, but I'll also start a photo thread on the WDW side of the DIS if you're interested in seeing a basic overview.

Our life in Colorado is incredibly different than the one we were used to just a year ago, but we're really happy here. In addition to writing, I'm also directing for the local youth theatre company that I performed with when I was younger, and it's such a great opportunity to be able to get back to my love of musical theatre. We're presenting Shrek: The Musical in April and then I'm directing Sweeney Todd this summer.

Tracy is still working for CoolTech, which means plenty of trips out to Orange County. We're hoping to get back out to Disneyland in April and then again in August for the D23 Expo.

Of course, I'm sure you'll all be interested to know that Crooky is still doing great and loves his life as a very spoiled indoor cat.

Anyway, that's all the "gnus" for now. Be looking for a photo update here soon that summarizes the pictures you may have missed from November 2013.​

Oh I'm so glad you posted this as I'd forgotten about the blog! I have some catching up to do. Glad to hear Crooky is enjoying life too!

Glad to read an update! I had lost track of your blog name so now I can go peruse. I'm glad you are able to keep so much Disney in your life! :)

I'm glad to hear you'll be coming back to the DIS. As much as I tried to follow the blog, it's so much easier on the DiS. I have problems keeping up with Facebook!

Congratulations on your book! That's awesome! I hope you get some good sales from it.

I'm not sure if or when Taylor is coming back here to work on the trip report a bit more, so I just wanted to let you guys know -- those of you who don't follow him anywhere else in cyberspace -- that Taylor is featured prominently in an article in today's Los Angeles Times. It is in the California section of the paper, dated Sunday, May 10, 2015. I only found out about it because I opened up the newspaper and saw a photo of a cat.

While not specifically about Taylor, the article in which Taylor is quoted and referenced quite a bit is called Cats and Mouse: Many felines call Disneyland Home, by Emily Foxhall. If you don't subscribe to the Times, you might be able to find it online.

Edited to add: the article title I mentioned above is the one that is in the actual hard copy of the Los Angeles Times. However, the online/digital version of the article is called Cats and Mouse: At Disneyland, Mickey has plenty of feline company - http://www.latimes.com/local/orangecounty/la-me-adv-disney-cats-20150504-story.html#page=1

pixiedust:pixiedust:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter