We Love Disney, Food and Wine! (and each other) - A Honeymoon PTR

OOOhhh im from Napa so let me give you some suggestions!

As far as couple massage, go to Sonoma! They have one of the best spas there!
http://www.fairmont.com/sonoma/

Also, something fun and interesting and little better if your on a budget is the hot springs in calistoga, its a beautiful drive and you'll have a great time enjoying different wineries on the way up there...
http://www.drwilkinson.com/

When your looking for a little place to have some french bread, wine and cheese, you have to stop at V.Sattui. They have all the stuff you need for a quaint little picnic on their winery grounds.
http://www.vsattui.com/

I would also suggest stopping (since you'll be right across the street) at Dean & DeLuca, they have all kinds of stuff for the tourist in you, lol
http://www.deandeluca.com/

For dinner, a great place up in St. Helena would be Tra Vigne...
http://www.travignerestaurant.com/tv.htm

or
http://www.uvatrattoria.com/

or for a really fun atmosphere and some great mexican food you can either go to the Red Hen Cantina or a little more upvalley and go to Compadres...both are yummy!
http://www.redhencantina.com/
(I cant find a website for compadres but if it were up to me I would go to The Red Hen anyway, lol)

These are just some ideas, I have lots more....If you need anything else just PM me and I will get back to you !!!
I spent 32 years in Napa before I moved to Oregon, so I pretty much know it like the back of my hand....lol

;)

These are great tips! I think I have heard of V. Sattui. I have been looking at all the restaurant menus online:banana:

Earlier this week I was browsing around on some flower websites and came across this:
BouquetofBerries-full;init:.jpeg

I didn't know what these berries were but I just love how they look! So I sent it to a florist I have been talking to and she replied that they are super-super rare and really expensive and basically told me I could not get them. She didn't even offer any alternate suggestions :confused3
I think I could do a similar look with hypericum berries though, and add roses, but they would be pink or green colored instead. Any ideas what this would look like with my dress?
Green$20berries$20and$20Rose$20bouquet.jpg

I guess I really like the way berries look in a bouquet!

Yesterday some of my friends threw an engagement party for DF and me. We got our first wedding presents!!! So excited about our dishes, which are from Crate and Barrel. We have received 4 place settings so far!! I really like these dishes because they are casual so we can use them everyday, and they will match the white serving dishes we already have.
teapot_cb_camille.jpg

I have made 3 hair appointments for my wedding day :) I just can't decide on a salon! I am trying to decide if I need to drive down to Savannah one weekend and have a trial run for hair and makeup. I just don't really want to spend an extra $150 just to get the trial done! I might just do the hair trial and not the makeup....haven't really decided yet. My hair is pretty short right now, so I don't know if I can do a real updo...but if I could, I'd want my hair to look something like this:
eva-longoria-updo-hair-styles.jpg
I am hoping my hair grows a little more in the next 3 months so at least I can get a somewhat similar look LOL.

As for trip planning....still haven't decided on the hotels (although we will probably book the Mark Hopkins Intercontinental for SF.....really want to go to Top of the Mark anyway to see the view and have a cocktail!
Napa is trickier....we'd like to stay in a B&B for two nights and a hotel/inn for the other two. I have been looking at Napa River Inn in downtown Napa but it is sooo hard to choose-there are millions (it seems like) B&Bs and inns in the Napa/Sonoma area! Really just can't choose, but it is fun to look. I want to make a decision pretty soon though, in case places fill up (haha not sure how likely this is with the awful economy but I don't want to take any chances!)

I think that a simple flower would be nice with your dress. Now I am gonna research on where exactly the Napa Inn is before I can advice on that. How far from the wineries you want to be. The hairstyle is really pretty.

So I finally have something to put in an update :) Our honeymoon is only about a month and a half away!!!
Last week we got our pre-trip package from Adventures by Disney, with our backpacks, luggage spotters, and some trip info:
CIMG0260.jpg

CIMG0265.jpg

I've also started to pack (kind of....).
My fiance got me an InNOut Tshirt for my birthday last Month. For some reason they sent an extra shirt, in his size!! So now we both have InNOut shirts to wear on the honeymoon. We LOVE InNOut (esp since we live so far away from one) and plan on going at least 2-3 times during our trip (probably once in Hollywood and once or twice in San Francisco).
CIMG0273.jpg

Can't wait to get our picture in front of InNOut with our tshirts on!

I love packing for Disney trips:cheer2:
I have been looking for some cute tshirts to get from the Disney Outlet or Disney Store online but so far haven't decided on anything. I also really want to get a Mickey watch that I can wear in the parks and not worry about it getting wet or damaged. I saw a kid's velcro watch I like at Kohls, and another silver/gold one at Kohl's, but haven't ordered one yet...last week they were both around $20 but for some reason now the price is back up to $30 :(
VelcroWatch.jpg

MetalWatch.jpg

I also saw these CUTE CUTE CUTE Mickey rhinestone earrings at Kohl's but my fiance said "no, you can't wear those in "real life" so you shouldn't get them." I think we go to Disney often enough that I'd get a lot of use out of them :) :) :)
Earrings.jpg

The price on these has gone up too! I think they were $30 last week and now they are $45 buy one get one free. Problem is I don't need two pairs:confused3

I got some Mickey crocs on sale from the Crocs website. I am glad I didn't buy them last time I was at WDW because they were half price on the Crocs website! I have been wearing them around a lot to break them in before our trip.
CIMG0278.jpg

For my birthday my mom got me some Mickey and Minnie pajamas from WalMart! So cute.
CIMG0271.jpg

Why couldn't you wear the earrings in real life? I would. Love the luggage finder. It is so nice and bright. Enjoy your In N Out. I love In N Out. Especially their fries and milk shakes.

I have booked TWO more Disney trips this year :) Just two short weekend trips (since we can't really take much more time off work after our honeymoon) but I booked a 3 night trip to Coronado Springs during WDW Free Dining (Yay!) and a 3 night DCL cruise on the Wonder (TRIPLE YAY!)

We went for 3 nights during free dining last year but stayed at Pop Century. I did not mind it at all but it was not DF's favorite...so I suggested a compromise: staying at Coronado Springs (and we'll try to get a refurbished room which look sooo nice, almost like deluxe), and we're only going to one park (EPCOT) so we'll have a nice relaxing weekend getaway. The plan is to go to EPCOT one day (it is during the Food & Wine festival too, which is a major benefit! We've never been but I've been wanting to try it), and one day we're going to play 9 holes of golf on the walking golf course, and then drive around to visit some of the DVC resorts we might be interested in (Animal Kingdom Villas, Bay Lake Towers, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, and Saratoga Springs). We might play a round of mini golf too, and spend some time at Jellyrolls or Raglan Road. We'll have 3 table service credits each, and I think we'll do dinner at Ohana (so we can see Wishes during dinner!), the new Indian fusion restaurant at AKL, Sanaa, and then either Tutto Italia or Chefs de France at EPCOT. We've never been to any of these restaurants so it is very exciting!

The DCL cruise was kind of a surprise; I just happened to look on the website to check rates for December, thinking it would be fun to go on a cruise when the ship is decorated for the holidays. Well there was a category 12 guaranty cabin open with a GREAT rate, and since we can just drive down to the port, not a bad price for a weekend trip at all!!! I am so excited but a little nervous; I kind of get seasick a lot so I'm going to try to figure out what medicines, etc. to take to try to keep the sickies away :)

Ok that's the end of my off-topic rambling about our upcoming trips OTHER than the honeymoon. Next: some pics from DF's VERY SHORT 2 night 30th birthday celebration at WDW and the Polynesian!!!

Why couldn't you wear the earrings in real life? I would. Love the luggage finder. It is so nice and bright. Enjoy your In N Out. I love In N Out. Especially their fries and milk shakes.

Hm I guess he means I can't wear them to work (which I can't really, since I work at a lawfirm). But I could definitely wear them on the weekends, etc. I am going to keep an eye on the price and if it goes back down, I am ordering! They are just so cute, and I really need a pair of earrings that aren't colored or dangly.

Hm I guess he means I can't wear them to work (which I can't really, since I work at a lawfirm). But I could definitely wear them on the weekends, etc. I am going to keep an eye on the price and if it goes back down, I am ordering! They are just so cute, and I really need a pair of earrings that aren't colored or dangly.

I have to agree that they aren't exactly work appropriate, but in your free time why not? Congratulations on the new trips too. And DVC might actually be a good thing for you.:laughing:

DF was really really busy with work right before his birthday so we didn't think we were going to be able to go anywhere. But just in case, I booked a room for 1 night at the Polynesian at WDW (we had a certificate for a free night at a deluxe resort, and wanted to go back to the Poly since that's where we got ENGAGED and also love that it is on the monorail and has a beach for watching fireworks!)

But the day before his birthday, we found out we could leave on Friday afternoon and drive to Orlando! YIPPEE! We left at around 2 p.m. and drove straight to Orlando. We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express really close to WDW the first night. We went to Downtown Disney when we arrived and ate at Raglan Road; I had the most wonderful shepherd's pie EVER and DF had some kind of savory tart. We shared the bread pudding for dessert, and it was DELICIOUS. We hung out for a while afterwards listening to the Irish band and watching the step dancer. I love love love Raglan Road and I really hope that they eventually revitalize the old Pleasure Island area in keeping with idea of Raglan Road-great entertainment, great setting, authentic music, great food! Love it.

We woke up early the next morning and drove over to the Poly to check in, and our room was ready! Yay! So we took the boat over to the Magic Kingdom. One of the reasons for the trip was since DF's birthday was that Saturday, he could get in free to the park. So he got in free and I bought a ticket.

Us on the boat-so excited!
CIMG0231.jpg

Happy happy happy
CIMG0239.jpg

We ate a soft pretzel in Tomorrow Land along with a frozen Coke; a Dole Whip, one of the HUGE ice cream cookie sandwiches at the Main Street Bakery, a Dole Whip, a hot dog from Casey's with lots of sauerkraut and cheese, AND, best of all, Figaro Fries from Pinocchio's Village Haus, WITH tomato, lettuce, and ranch dressing (the "old" way they make Figaro Fries). This was the first time I ever had them, and I begged the CM to please put all the old toppings on for me! It took forever to come out (I guess b/c it was a special request) but it was so worth it!

Here is a pic before we added the toppings:
CIMG0242.jpg

After Wishes and the Electrical Parade, we headed back to the Poly for dinner. We had sushi at the sushi counter at Kona, and they brought this special birthday dessert for DF:
CIMG0256-1.jpg

I had ordered a cake to be delivered to the room the day before as a surprise, but somehow it got lost or something else happened and it was never delivered. I called the front desk in tears and they rushed up a replacement cake (not the best decorating, but still, a cake!)
CIMG0259.jpg

Here is a pic of us in front of the castle at night. So beautiful!!! All in all a great birthday trip!
CIMG0255-1.jpg

I would have been heart broken about the cake too. You guys are a cute couple. We have done all of our kids birthdays on different trips to Goofy's Kitchen. The time we did our youngest daughters birthday they spelled her name wrong. Thankfully the Mad Hatter was there and he made a big deal out of running to the kitchen to get icing and correct the mistake. And all was saved.:goodvibes

Just getting caught back up after our 2 trips..........

I love the berries in the floral bouquet....did you finally decide on that? The hairstyle was beautiful & elegant....I'm sure one of the salons would be able to get close to that. Take the pic in & find out if they can.....sometimes you find a real great stylist that can do just about anything & other salons aren't that creative.

How exciting that your travel things are coming in....just means it's getting very close now!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

I love your Mickey Crocs.....gonna have to check out their website. I say get the earrings.....you don't live at your work!!!

Enjoying seeing the birthday trip & pics. You 2 make a very cute couple. Getting excited for your upcoming wedding & honeymoon trip!!!! Keep us all updated!

Ok, I have to live Backstage Magic again vicariously through you so I am here so I can read all about it.
Beautiful dress & wedding ideas!!!!! Where are you getting married?
I love that you have 2 more quick trips planned........LUCKY girl. I am from TN too & am amazed at how you seem to think it's just a quick drive away. I think I have gotten spoiled driving just can't seem to fathom spending 10-12hr in a car to get there anymore.
You will love DCL. A 3 night is a great way to start. As for meds (I am a nurse), if you are really worried get your doc to write you a script for scopolamine patches but I warn you they really dry you out...I mean as in you want a whole pitcher of water with meals. You can get otc bonine that is a non-drowsy form of dramamine too & that is what we took on our last cruise in Oct 2007 & we had very rocky seas. My DH had to use it & it worked for him. You will love the ship decorated at Christmas!!!!
I love the ABD backpacks. Those are better than the messenger bags we got as I thought those were too bulky.
Great fun on the bday trip!!!!!!!!!! I wish we were going to be there at the end of our beach trip in May long enough to do Raglan Road.......next time I guess.

I'm getting those Mickey earrings too! I ordered them from Avon, they should actually get here tomorrow. I think they're super cute and I'm going to wear them in everyday life!

I love the hairdo you picked. It looks beautiful. I want my hair up for my wedding (whenever that is) too.

I love your pre-trip report so far! My husband and I just got married last October and honeymooned in Disneyland. You guys will have the best time! :love:

I agree that something simple for flowers would be best - I love the idea of berries and roses (thats what I did so I'm biased!). I would definitely get a trial run done for your hair and makeup! That way you can see if you like it or not, especially as you aren't really sure what you want.

In San Francisco you have to hit up the Buena Vista. Its this little Irish Pub near Ghiradelli Square, right across from the cable car turn around. It is where the first Irish Coffee was created and they are to die for! Hands down the best Irish coffee I've ever had. DH and I always go there when we are in SF. :drinking1

I love the berries in the floral bouquet....did you finally decide on that? The hairstyle was beautiful & elegant....I'm sure one of the salons would be able to get close to that. Take the pic in & find out if they can.....sometimes you find a real great stylist that can do just about anything & other salons aren't that creative.

How exciting that your travel things are coming in....just means it's getting very close now!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

I love your Mickey Crocs.....gonna have to check out their website. I say get the earrings.....you don't live at your work!!!

Enjoying seeing the birthday trip & pics. You 2 make a very cute couple. Getting excited for your upcoming wedding & honeymoon trip!!!! Keep us all updated!

The white berries apparently are only in season during winter and are VERY expensive. So I just ended up sending the florist lots of pictures of green/white bouquets and asked him to create something pretty for me. Since we're having a small intimate wedding, I think I'll be happy with whatever he comes up with, and he'll make it green and white which is what I like best. I love the Mickey Crocs! I wear them whenever I can so I won't get blisters when I wear them on the honeymoon. I am so glad I found them for just $17.99 on the Crocs website!

Ok, I have to live Backstage Magic again vicariously through you so I am here so I can read all about it.
Beautiful dress & wedding ideas!!!!! Where are you getting married?
I love that you have 2 more quick trips planned........LUCKY girl. I am from TN too & am amazed at how you seem to think it's just a quick drive away. I think I have gotten spoiled driving just can't seem to fathom spending 10-12hr in a car to get there anymore.
You will love DCL. A 3 night is a great way to start. As for meds (I am a nurse), if you are really worried get your doc to write you a script for scopolamine patches but I warn you they really dry you out...I mean as in you want a whole pitcher of water with meals. You can get otc bonine that is a non-drowsy form of dramamine too & that is what we took on our last cruise in Oct 2007 & we had very rocky seas. My DH had to use it & it worked for him. You will love the ship decorated at Christmas!!!!
I love the ABD backpacks. Those are better than the messenger bags we got as I thought those were too bulky.
Great fun on the bday trip!!!!!!!!!! I wish we were going to be there at the end of our beach trip in May long enough to do Raglan Road.......next time I guess.

We are getting married in Savannah. We aren't from there but live within driving distance and we love the city, plus we found a great hotel that does an intimate ceremony package which is perfect for us since only our immediate families will be there :) I am trying to keep everything as simple as possible to keep the stress level DOWN so we can just enjoy the wedding (and I want to have plenty of time to plan our honeymoon...which I am still not done planning!)
I am from TN but actually live in Atlanta now so WDW is only about 6 1/2 hours away (half-day drive)....this is great because I can convince DF to go on more trips to WDW since we don't have to pay for airline ticket! :banana:
I have a rX for the patch but I didn't know about the side effect of being really thirsty....ugh. Bonine and dramamine don't work for me (tried them before). I am really hoping that I can beat the seasickness this time.....
Raglan Road is MY FAVORITE place at DTD. I love the food, the atmosphere, the music, the Irish step dancer....plus it is so great to have a place to go at WDW that doesn't charge admission but provides great entertainment! We have a great night out when we go there for the cost of a few drinks. :)

I'm getting those Mickey earrings too! I ordered them from Avon, they should actually get here tomorrow. I think they're super cute and I'm going to wear them in everyday life!

I love the hairdo you picked. It looks beautiful. I want my hair up for my wedding (whenever that is) too.

OOH did you get the Mickey earrings from Avon yet? They are much cheaper than the ones from Kohl's. I think the Kohl's ones are sterling silver and the Avon ones might not be, but I don't care about having sterling silver Mickey earrings! Would it be possible for you to post a picture ?? I just might have to order them....

I love your pre-trip report so far! My husband and I just got married last October and honeymooned in Disneyland. You guys will have the best time! :love:

I agree that something simple for flowers would be best - I love the idea of berries and roses (thats what I did so I'm biased!). I would definitely get a trial run done for your hair and makeup! That way you can see if you like it or not, especially as you aren't really sure what you want.

In San Francisco you have to hit up the Buena Vista. Its this little Irish Pub near Ghiradelli Square, right across from the cable car turn around. It is where the first Irish Coffee was created and they are to die for! Hands down the best Irish coffee I've ever had. DH and I always go there when we are in SF. :drinking1

I can't wait to get the honeymoon pins to wear while we're at DL :love: DF really refuses to wear the Mickey wedding ears in public but I'm hoping that we can at least get a picture with them on. And I will wear the bride ears even if he won't wear his groom ears!
The Irish Pub sounds great!! I am writing it down in my planning notebook. We will be staying near there so I definitely want to check it out. We haven't decided for sure where to eat in SF yet. We are thinking of trying Chez Panisse and maybe the Slanted Door, since we've heard of those places before......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter