We Love Disney, Food and Wine! (and each other) - A Honeymoon PTR

Hi!! So glad I found this! I love it.

Love your POLY trip so far. That was where we stayed on our honeymoon. Love it.

can't wait to hear more.

I ordered my Mickey watch on Friday!
MetalWatch.jpg

I am so excited. I am going to wear it on my Adventures by Disney trip (honeymoon), trip to WDW in September, and DCL cruise in December! DF thought I needed a watch that I don't have to worry about getting wet, etc.
It should be here next week :cutie:

We have hotel reservations for our honeymoon, now we need restaurant reservations and winery reservations. Ack so many decisions! I will post an update when we get our reservations nailed down, but here is what we have so far:
Hollywood
The Hollywood/DL part of trip is of course already taken care of since we're doing the Adventures by Disney trip. (If we really like this trip, we are considering doing another one for our birthdays next year since they are both in March. There is an adults-only trip to Australia that is during both of our birthdays! We've never been to Australia!) The first day in Hollywood, we'll eat lunch on our own (probably InNOut since there is one not too far from the hotel!) I want to go see a movie at the El Capitan that night. The new Pixar movie UP! will be showing! The previews look so cute!
The second night we'll try to go to the Jimmy Kimmel show, and then need somewhere close by to eat dinner (maybe the burger restaurant at the Roosevelt Hotel, since we want to check the hotel out anyway, and it looked so fun in Disneygrl36's trip report :) I'd also love to try Pink's Hot Dogs but I think it might be a little too far away.

Disneyland
We will need a place to eat dinner our second night at DL. I am thinking we'll either eat Food & Wine stuff at CA, or do that plus drinks and appetizers at Napa Rose, or just do Napa Rose for dinner. Not sure yet. Also haven't figured out lunch the third day at DL. Since our tour will be in CA that day, we will probably eat somewhere there (either something connected with F&W, or Wine Country Trattoria, or Tastepilot Grill burgers.) One thing I know is that we HAVE to try a tigger tail!!!
2475871852_7d24ff0223.jpg

San Francisco
DF told me his nickname when he as a baby was Tigger :cutie:
In SF we'll be staying at the Intercontinental Mark Hopkins on Nob Hill. GREAT rates on SF rooms right now, by the way! Unbelieveably cheap. I know it must be because of the bad economy :sad2: but the positive part is that we can stay at a great hotel for a good rate.
Mark_Hopkins_entr.jpg

We'll definitely go to the Top of the Mark one night for a cocktail and to enjoy the view!
So far I know that our first night in San Francisco, we'll be eating somewhere :) We are thinking about Slanted Door, a famous Vietnamese restaurant. Our first full day there, we're going on a self-guided walking tour of all the major sites (Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradelli Square, cable car ride, Lombard Street, Coit Tower, North Beach, Chinatown...whew sounds like a lot of walking but we have a guide book (Frommer's) that recommends this as a one day walking tour!) Our second day, we'll eat lunch somewhere, maybe make a quick trip to see something we missed the day before or take a bay cruise, and stop to see the view from the Marin Headlands on our way to Napa when we're leaving the city. We're picking up our rental car (a convertible of course!) on our last day in SF and keeping it while we are in Napa.

Napa/Sonoma/Wine Country in general
On the way to Napa, we'll probably stop at a few wineries :) Our first night, we're staying at Hotel Healdsburg. I am very excited about this hotel. It looks very clean and simple but so luxurious! Here is the lobby (taken from hotel website)
healdsburgds1_2.jpg
And here is a guestroom
hotel_healdsburg2.jpg

We are having a couple's massage treatment at the hotel spa. We will probably need it after all the walking around DL and SF!!! The hotel is in downtown Healdsburg and it looks like there are lots of great little restaurants within walking distance. The next day, we'll have breakfast at the hotel, then check out and visit some wineries, and then on to our next hotel for the final 3 nights of our trip: Carneros Inn. This place has an outdoor shower...I think it might feel weird to take a shower outside even if it is closed off so no one can see? There is an inside shower too thank goodness. We need to make plans for the rest of our time in Napa. We want to eat at Ubuntu, a really cool sounding vegetarian place. And we'll also eat at Girl and a Fig (I love the name!) We haven't decided on the wineries we'll visit yet. I am planning on getting picnic lunches for us to take to the wineries and eat in the picnic grounds that some of them have. And we might use bikes at the hotel to ride around and visit some of the wineries that aren't too far from the hotel. I think this part of our trip will definitely be the most relaxing part :)

OOOhhh im from Napa so let me give you some suggestions!

As far as couple massage, go to Sonoma! They have one of the best spas there!
http://www.fairmont.com/sonoma/

Also, something fun and interesting and little better if your on a budget is the hot springs in calistoga, its a beautiful drive and you'll have a great time enjoying different wineries on the way up there...
http://www.drwilkinson.com/

When your looking for a little place to have some french bread, wine and cheese, you have to stop at V.Sattui. They have all the stuff you need for a quaint little picnic on their winery grounds.
http://www.vsattui.com/

I would also suggest stopping (since you'll be right across the street) at Dean & DeLuca, they have all kinds of stuff for the tourist in you, lol
http://www.deandeluca.com/

For dinner, a great place up in St. Helena would be Tra Vigne...
http://www.travignerestaurant.com/tv.htm

or
http://www.uvatrattoria.com/

or for a really fun atmosphere and some great mexican food you can either go to the Red Hen Cantina or a little more upvalley and go to Compadres...both are yummy!
http://www.redhencantina.com/
(I cant find a website for compadres but if it were up to me I would go to The Red Hen anyway, lol)

These are just some ideas, I have lots more....If you need anything else just PM me and I will get back to you !!!
I spent 32 years in Napa before I moved to Oregon, so I pretty much know it like the back of my hand....lol

;)

Any suggestions for places in St. Helena or near Carneros? :) Definitely want to check out V Sattui :)

Hi!! So glad I found this! I love it.

Love your POLY trip so far. That was where we stayed on our honeymoon. Love it.

can't wait to hear more.
Thanks! You know I really love all your trip reports...so many great pictures!

Yea I'd love to go back to the Poly for more than 1 night! We got engaged there so I love it even more!! We are planning to try Ohana for the first time in September, and I am going to try to make our reservation so that we can see Wishes during dinner. We've watched Wishes from the Poly beach but I really want to be able to hear the music and I guess that Ohana pipes the music in...

Sounds great. You know there are a couple of state parks right there is that area of Napa valley that you might find interesting. I will look for the link to post for you.

Oh, I love Savannah........what a beautiful place to have a wedding!!!!
I am glad you explained about living in Atlanta cause I was trying to figure out how in the world you were getting from TN to WDW so easily.
Your plans look awesome.
I can't wait to hear about San Francisco & Napa.....places I have never been but want to go!!!!!!!

I would HIGHLY recommend the Napa Rose for dinner. You can call PS and reserve the "Chefs Table" which is a table right next to the kitchen. All of the cooks and the head chef talk to you and you get to watch everything being cooked; very cool! DH and I did this on our honeymoon and it was so worth it. If you've every watched a Samantha Brown Disney special you'd know it's her favorite place to eat. Quick random fact; the head chef Andrew Sutton used to be the head chef at Auberge du Soleil in Napa! :yay:

DH and I love the Rutherford Grill in Rutherford. Its really nice and has a great outdoor area if it's nice outside. If you do eat there, the French Dip is to die for! :)

The only winery that I would recommend would be Rombauer. They have a great Chardonnay, Zin and Merlot and DH loves their Cab. Not that there aren't other good wineries in Napa - its just our favorite!

DH also said that he wouldn't wear his Mickey groom ears except in pictures before we got there. However, he noticed that we got a lot more "Congratulations" when we both wore them and he ended up wearing them most of the time we were there! We wore the pins on our lanyards the whole time we were there as well! :earsboy:

I figured out how to multi quote! YAY!

Sounds great. You know there are a couple of state parks right there is that area of Napa valley that you might find interesting. I will look for the link to post for you.
Yeah i'd appreciate that!

Wow! Your trip will be amazing! :cool1:
I hope so. I am looking forward to it sooo much, especially since I've never really been to CA.

Oh, I love Savannah........what a beautiful place to have a wedding!!!!
I am glad you explained about living in Atlanta cause I was trying to figure out how in the world you were getting from TN to WDW so easily.
Your plans look awesome.
I can't wait to hear about San Francisco & Napa.....places I have never been but want to go!!!!!!!
We love Savannah too. It is one of my favorite cities. I hope it is not too hot at the end of May :) We are having our "rehearsal" dinner at Paula Deen's restaurant (not really a rehearsal since we don't have a bridal party, just us, but still having a dinner the night before). And then we're going on a night time trolley ride through the city!

I would HIGHLY recommend the Napa Rose for dinner. You can call PS and reserve the "Chefs Table" which is a table right next to the kitchen. All of the cooks and the head chef talk to you and you get to watch everything being cooked; very cool! DH and I did this on our honeymoon and it was so worth it. If you've every watched a Samantha Brown Disney special you'd know it's her favorite place to eat. Quick random fact; the head chef Andrew Sutton used to be the head chef at Auberge du Soleil in Napa! :yay:

DH and I love the Rutherford Grill in Rutherford. Its really nice and has a great outdoor area if it's nice outside. If you do eat there, the French Dip is to die for! :)

The only winery that I would recommend would be Rombauer. They have a great Chardonnay, Zin and Merlot and DH loves their Cab. Not that there aren't other good wineries in Napa - its just our favorite!

DH also said that he wouldn't wear his Mickey groom ears except in pictures before we got there. However, he noticed that we got a lot more "Congratulations" when we both wore them and he ended up wearing them most of the time we were there! We wore the pins on our lanyards the whole time we were there as well! :earsboy:

I haven't heard of Rombauer. I will look it up. Maybe my fiance will wear his mickey ears too....at least I think he'll wear his button. I took your suggestion and made a PS for the chef's counter at Napa Rose! I picked the earlier seating (530 pm instead of 830 pm) so hopefully we can eat dinner and then go back to the parks for fireworks and nighttime rides since I think DL will be open until midnight that night (it's a Friday). I have seen the Disney Samantha Brown special-that is where I first heard about Napa Rose! Did you guys do the special tasting menu or just order off the regular menu when you ate there? Did you get a special dessert or anything since it was your honeymoon?

I'm so excited that you are going to eat at the Chefs Table! Thats awesome; you'll love it! DH and I love the Sam Brown special and thats how we first heard about the place too. :) We also did the 5:30 dinner for the exact same reason. We ordered off the menu and had our sommelier (who's name was Saucy) recommend some wines. They brought us out some soup that we hadn't ordered as well as a small appetizer (the great thing about the Napa Rose is that you get served a lot of types of food but the servings aren't huge so you don't feel stuffed).

BTW - how do you multi-quote? I tried to figure it out earlier but couldn't... :confused3

I'm so excited that you are going to eat at the Chefs Table! Thats awesome; you'll love it! DH and I love the Sam Brown special and thats how we first heard about the place too. :) We also did the 5:30 dinner for the exact same reason. We ordered off the menu and had our sommelier (who's name was Saucy) recommend some wines. They brought us out some soup that we hadn't ordered as well as a small appetizer (the great thing about the Napa Rose is that you get served a lot of types of food but the servings aren't huge so you don't feel stuffed).

BTW - how do you multi-quote? I tried to figure it out earlier but couldn't... :confused3

Dwon where you quote there is the plus sign and the quotation marks. Use that until you get to the last thing you want to quote and then use the quote one.

Great PTR so far! I've enjoyed getting to know another member of my share group. :goodvibes I didn't realize you were going to be on your Honeymoon-how great!
I would love to find a Disney guy. You lucked out!

Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear more and see your PP pix. :goodvibes

Wow, only 10 more days to DLR! And even less to your wedding. :wizard:

There's a possibility DD9 and I may be at DLR during your trip (the 3rd). I'll keep my eyes open for the 2 of you wearing your bride :bride: and groom :groom: ears!

I think you might be on your trip now. I can't remember the exact dates.
Hope the wedding was everything you wanted it to be & can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back.

Wow that is really nice honeymoon treat. I guess it is very romantic and meaningful if you spend your honeymoon in that place. I just wish someday I can visit Disneyland too. Good luck

I second that emotion...........
I know you are busy newleyweds and all but don't leave us hangin'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter