We Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets. Ch. 10. Added-7/14/14

How fun that you got to to Disneyland with Nebo and Smidgy. I really want to go sometime but the airfare is so much more than to Orlando for us.

And for Lady H and I, the airfare to Orlando is so much more than to Los Angeles or San Diego. We can go to DLR for 1/3 of the cost compared to WDW.

I guess we would have to take a longer trip and see some other sites while out there. We were in Southern California years ago but didn't get to DL.

We do several things while in CA. Beach, Sea World to name a few.

The nighttime show looks fantastic!

In Nebo's opinion, its just ok. Now us on the other hand, we really like it.

I read the food is better there than WDW. Did you find that to be true?

There are good places and not so good places at both places. Lady H and I probably ate as much off of Disney property at DLR as we did on.

From what I can compare, there are some really good places at both.

Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland hotel is better than Le Cellier, but not better than Shula's at the Dolphin.

Rainforest Cafe and Earl of Sandwich is equally as good at both places.

Dole Whips are better at WDW because you can get the swirl with vanilla ice-cream.

Corn Dogs we found to be better at Disneyland.

Can't compare counter service because we've never done counter service at DL and have only done it twice at WDW (other than EoS which we always do more than once).

When are you guys wanting to go to WDW next year? We're thinking about the last week in September or thereabouts. What say you? Now that Ponzie is probably not going we don't have to go in August.

We really haven't thought about it too much yet. I have to look into the new program that just started this month, and see how it works. Plus we need to see if we will still have a job come January. Working for an elected official means a new boss every 4 or 8 years. Our current boss cannot run for re-election this year. He has already served his 2 term limit. Therefore we will have a new boss this year. We hope he keeps us around.

If we keep our jobs, we could do September. Also thinking December again. We really had fun looking at all the Christmas decorations. Crowds were thinner then as well. Well at least the first 2 weeks of December were. That's when we would probably go again.

We joked about going in August. Said we had the best suntan when we went in the summer. August is also our anniversary month. Would be late August, if we go then.

We also threw May around. That month is a little beat up now, but we've never been to WDW during that time of the year. Thought May would be a perfect time. After Spring Breaks end, but right before summer vacations start for school. I don't know if we could financially afford to go that quickly though after just coming back from Cancun.

If we keep our jobs, we could do September. Also thinking December again. We really had fun looking at all the Christmas decorations. Crowds were thinner then as well. Well at least the first 2 weeks of December were. That's when we would probably go again.

We joked about going in August. Said we had the best suntan when we went in the summer. August is also our anniversary month. Would be late August, if we go then.

We also threw May around. That month is a little beat up now, but we've never been to WDW during that time of the year. Thought May would be a perfect time. After Spring Breaks end, but right before summer vacations start for school. I don't know if we could financially afford to go that quickly though after just coming back from Cancun.

We just got back from an end of May trip. The 24 hours of Magic Kingdom Summer Kick-off thing is very fun! If they do it next year, which I bet they will, it will probably be Memorial Day Weekend again. Might be something to consider. However, this past May, it was smokin' hot. Be sure to get the water park fun and more added to your ticket. We really enjoyed the water parks.

since our annual passes expire april 27,2015 we will be going just before that. after easter and spring break. we love the flower and garden festival and the flower power concerts!

since our annual passes expire april 27,2015 we will be going just before that. after easter and spring break. we love the flower and garden festival and the flower power concerts!

Maybe it's cooler end of April versus end of May? :) I wouldn't mind. If all goes according to plan, tinkyellow will be doing the college program next spring. :cool1:

Plus we need to see if we will still have a job come January. Working for an elected official means a new boss every 4 or 8 years. Our current boss cannot run for re-election this year. He has already served his 2 term limit. Therefore we will have a new boss this year. We hope he keeps us around.

Grrrr.... :mad::mad:

I'm feeling your pain here. I work in healthcare (IT) which in Canada means you work for the government. We have an election coming up June 12th and one of the leadership candidates has said he will close my agency. He has also said he is going to create 1 million new jobs, but first he'll cut 100,000 good government jobs.

As it comes out in the papers, it appears these jobs will all be part-time minimum wage, and his math includes counting each year that the job lasts as another job. So if all 100K of us dismissed provincial workers go out and get minimum wage jobs and keep them for 10 years - voila! 1 million jobs. And this is good for the economy how?

The worst thing is, this joker is probably going to win...

Oh yeah, I live in a province where Rob Ford can be elected mayor. Why am I surprised!

(and sorry, I know politics doesn't belong on the DIS, but I am just burning over this one)

Montague, you are an enigma. You give your last name but not your first and now I find out you're not a banker? What's the story with the moniker?

http://ayearinhoguwatsu.blogspot.com/2014/06/days-1-and-2-im-here.html?m=1
this is a link to my Nephew Will's blog. he is just now embarking on themost wonderful year a 20-something young man could have.

he isgoing to be a tenor in the Frog choir, singing outside of the Hogwart's castle throughout the day at the New harry Potter land at Universal/ JAPAN!

he auditioned, beat out many others, they paid for his plane, apartment, meal stipend, bicycle, health insurance and a slalry! for a year! he will be in an apt house with others who also are in the talent dept. from all over the world! how exciting!

Montague, you are an enigma. You give your last name but not your first and now I find out you're not a banker? What's the story with the moniker?

Well maybe I'm a bit enigmatic. And there are a couple of people on DIS who know my REAL first name, one who even accidentally posted it quite a while back. But for the most part I choose to remain anonymous. I kind of like Montague. Sounds very snobbish.

I was a banker for several years around the time when I started posting here on DIS and on TUG. At the time I worked for the Canadian branch of a large US Bank, which got bought out by a larger US Bank. That caused a downsizing of our operation, and I made the switch over to Healthcare where I have been ever since. In general I prefer Health IT because it is light-years behind banking in the adoption of technology. As a Project Manager, that means I have enough work to keep me busy for decades, if we can just keep convincing the government of the day how important it is to invest in technology.

Montague, I worked at a couple large financial companies in creative services. The project managers were kept very busy with various personalities regardless of technology. Some people along with the compliance department could keep a single project in the works for many months.

this is a link to my Nephew Will's blog. he is just now embarking on themost wonderful year a 20-something young man could have.

he isgoing to be a tenor in the Frog choir, singing outside of the Hogwart's castle throughout the day at the New harry Potter land at Universal/ JAPAN!

he auditioned, beat out many others, they paid for his plane, apartment, meal stipend, bicycle, health insurance and a slalry! for a year! he will be in an apt house with others who also are in the talent dept. from all over the world! how exciting!

Wow! Smidgy, you must be absolutely bursting with pride for your nephew!
And so you should.
Amazing accomplishment.

Well maybe I'm a bit enigmatic. And there are a couple of people on DIS who know my REAL first name,

And I'm one of them!
I know his name!
And I'm gonna let the cat out of the bag...
Right....
Now!

bankr63's real name is!!!

hang on... the phone's ringing.... back in a sec...

Now where was I.... Umm....
Oh, carp. I forgot.
Oh, well. Probably wasn't anything that couldn't wait.

http://ayearinhoguwatsu.blogspot.com/2014/06/days-1-and-2-im-here.html?m=1

What an awesome adventure for your nephew! Now, can you get Nebo on an aluminum tube of death for 18 hours to go visit him??? :)

Jill in CO

What an awesome adventure for your nephew! Now, can you get Nebo on an aluminum tube of death for 18 hours to go visit him??? :)

Jill in CO

I really don't think nebo would be able to handle that trip. but it'
s a mot point. at 1300 round trip per person, I don't think it's happening.

Well maybe I'm a bit enigmatic. And there are a couple of people on DIS who know my REAL first name, one who even accidentally posted it quite a while back. .

I can attest to the fact that your secret is safe with ponzie.. nebo tried, on the phone the other night, but ponzie kept his lips sealed!!!!

I can attest to the fact that your secret is safe with ponzie.. nebo tried, on the phone the other night, but ponzie kept his lips sealed!!!!

:rotfl: I honestly didn't think it could be such a big deal! And again, the only reason I don't post it is because it is a unique enough name that makes my musings very public on InfernalNet search engines. And who knows, I may want to run for Prime Minister some day! Or maybe get a job at Disney...

So let's stick with Laura's moniker for me - Montague it is (as far as the DIS is concerned).

Nebo, if it hurts that bad not to know, you can PM me (or get Smidgy to pretend it's you) and maybe I'll crack...

:rotfl: I honestly didn't think it could be such a big deal! And again, the only reason I don't post it is because it is a unique enough name that makes my musings very public on InfernalNet search engines. And who knows, I may want to run for Prime Minister some day! Or maybe get a job at Disney... So let's stick with Laura's moniker for me - Montague it is (as far as the DIS is concerned). Nebo, if it hurts that bad not to know, you can PM me (or get Smidgy to pretend it's you) and maybe I'll crack...

I want to know too! Ever since I was little I've had this crazy curiosity! It's probably why I would read the encyclopedia (pre internet days) and the dictionary.

Anyway......will there be an update soon? I need me some Nebo, Smidgy, and Thumpers love!

:rotfl: I honestly didn't think it could be such a big deal! And again, the only reason I don't post it is because it is a unique enough name that makes my musings very public on InfernalNet search engines. And who knows, I may want to run for Prime Minister some day! Or maybe get a job at Disney...

So let's stick with Laura's moniker for me - Montague it is (as far as the DIS is concerned).

Nebo, if it hurts that bad not to know, you can PM me (or get Smidgy to pretend it's you) and maybe I'll crack...

on the other hand, nebo likes making up names for people.. right Oh Kitty squared?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter