"We don't need no stinking maps" Spring Break 2015 **Last Day 6/13 **

That custodian CM in Epcot by Test Track is awesome...we saw him last June when we were there. He is definitely one of the Disney hidden gems. We looked for him again when we were there earlier this month but didn't find him...I'm glad he's still around:)

He was amazing, I couldn't stop laughing :)

Joining in on the fun, although I'm a bit late! I hope you're feeling better!

:welcome:
The trip was fun for sure, well as much fun as us "old" people can have :) I am feeling better thanks :thumbsup2

I so wanted to get frushi when I was there and of course I kept saying I will come back and I never did, glad you liked it. Looks like you accomplished much again on your Epcot and downtown disney day. My daughter got her first two Alex and Ani bracelets this past trip and she loves them. Your dad looks happy with the head mouse!

Frushi is amazing :thumbsup2 Yeah we did, it was a low key day and we were still able to get the things we wanted to done. I bought 2 bracelets last year, then my Dad bought me 2 for Christmas then I bought some this trip.

Love your TR! The picture are amazing. You're making me think I should buy memory maker.

How cool that you and your dad are so close that you go to WDW just the two of you!

I love the Memory Maker, it's so worth it even if it's ride photos. :thumbsup2 Yeah I'm lucky that I'm really close with both my parents. Being an only child and moving 1000 miles away for a job was hard on all of us, but we always plan whether its Disney trips or hockey trips to spend time together. :hug:

:hyper2: OF COURSE WE ARE FRIENDS NOW!!!! I totallyagree with the photo op in Bruce’s mouth is a definite must do!! When I try to do it, there’s a whole bunch of kids around like it’s only for kids! Unbelievable! (LOL). I love this picture of you! I think walking around all the tanks is quite soothing. Sometimes I can get really good pics and other times they look like this massive blur. Hey, I try! Oh, I just love Soarin! I get so excited to listen to our flight attendant Patrick give our safety instructions. I don’t understand what you mean by “the seatbelts unclicking at the end is probably why it’s in the top 3”. I think that sound is horrible --- it means the ride is over. Very sad! My family always asks for the top row so there are no feet above us. Spoiled, aren’t we? Yeah, I love your “snack”!! Too funny!! But I think it’s totally reasonable since you didn’t mention that you had eaten anything for breakfast. You are lucky that Dad is so willing to meet the characters. I practically have to drag my family!! Of course it’s not cool enough for my 17 year old, but she deals with it. She tells me that she is the adult when we are in Disney and realistically, she’s right! I have the Disney Visa this year so I’m planning on using the Disney Visa meet & greet. Maybe if the Character Spot has a short wait we’ll do that. This time around my 75 year old mother will be with us (yes, in a matching Mickey tie dye shirt!!) so we’ll just have to have photographic evidence!! LOL!!! You’d have to know my Mom in order to realize how “out of her comfort zone” she is if she isn’t dressed to impress and her hair is perfect. Yeah, she is nothing like me as far as that goes. So, her in that tee is going to be a riot!!! You look so happy in those pictures and I absolutely love that Mickey thought your Dad’s phone not working was funny!!

Ok, waiting on more updates now!!!
Yep, I still enjoy riding Figment. He’s such a cutie! Would you believe I don’t have any Figment merchandise….oh, I will definitely have to fix that this time! I’ve seen sweatshirts that have the wings on them. Maybe that would be a good thing to buy!
Le Cellier sounds amazing but honestly, for the portion sizes they give you (as viewed in pictures) I don’t think it’s worth the money. Now, I’ve never eaten there, so I don’t know the quality, but I’m thinking I’d walk away from that meal hungry. And I’m French Canadian, so you would think out of all the times I’ve been to WDW, I would have tried it! Maybe I’m wrong, though. I love your pictures of all the flowers out. I was there during the Flower & Garden Festival last year and it was all so beautiful! We try to go during low crowds during September, but I’ve also been in March and in 2016 we are going towards the end of April. March was horribly crowded! Ugh! I love that you guys are such big hockey fans. I used to be (I know, I know --- what is this with the “used to be” stuff??!) I was a hockey cheerleader in high school for 2 years and then the statistician for my senior year. Since I’m from Maine, I bet you can guess which team is my favorite, and no, it’s not Vancouver! LOL!
I just had to look up La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush. Ugh…..I was thinking it was just going to be a wine slushie, but with all that alcohol in it, I couldn’t possibly drink it. My hubby and I don’t drink, although I love beer and champagne!!!! I think it would burn my throat!! It looks good, though! Ok, we REALLY don’t share the same tastes in food as I would hate frushi! I am not a sushi eater whatsoever so the thought of adding that with fruit just don’t do it for me. You looked happy about it though, so that’s what matters…..
Knee, itchie, sun!!!! I always pick a pearl when I’m there. Someday I will have enough to string to make a bracelet!!
I think it’s funny your Dad thought you needed help off the bus! You are so lucky to have that close relationship to your Dad. I lost my dad to a heart attack in November 2002 and it’s still very hard. I was Daddy’s little girl (I’m the only girl and the youngest) so our relationship was special. Then when I had my daughter, they had an even more special bond! It’s too bad she’s starting to forget him, but I have lots and lots of pictures in scrapbooks for her to remember him. She was almost 5 when he died. Anyways……enough of that tangent!!
Your evening at DTD looks wonderful. Now I only have one Alex & Ani bracelet and it’s the silver DVC one. Apparently I was one of the few lucky ones that was able to get it when it went on sale in February. They are currently sold old. I do have a Pandora bracelet that I plan on buying some Disney park charms this September.

We lucked out with Bruce, since it was so early there was no one around. Someone showed up right as we finished :thumbsup2 Yeah we always think that we'll stop for something small and end up with a whole meal. I think it's the Dining Plan mentality.
I love Le Cellier, it is always the best steak I've eaten. We always walk out full, I didn't even finish my food this time. I've always wanted to go at a different time but being a teacher I only get a few days off not in summer. My Mom and I went 3 years ago for my birthday (4th of July week) and it was crazy. But growing up we always went in the summer so I'm used to the crowds really.
I'm lucky my Dad is great we talk sports and Disney and my Mom and I talk scrapbooking and Disney. It's great :hug:
I'm addicted to the Alex and Ani bracelets. I don't wear all of them at the same time, so I just change them out everyday :laughing:

Long time no update, the last few weeks have been crazy. One of my best friends broke her arm, like shattered it :(, so I’ve been taking her kids to the daycare and school every day :)

Let’s see if we can pick up from where we left off... :thumbsup2

Day 6 3-26

The alarm went off at 6:30, since it was another early morning. I stumbled around, applied sunscreen, and put on my new shirt. We were out the door at 7.

We pulled up at the MK and though gate by 7:20. We found a spot to hangout until the welcome show.

Our fastpasses for the day were:

Big Thunder Mountain 10:05-11:05
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 1:20-2:20
Peter Pan 2:20-3:20

We were sitting and saw a family next to us with their breakfast, no biggie. But it was about 7:45 and the welcome show was about to start, I was afraid they wouldn’t finish in time and get trampled :laughing:Somehow they were able to finish it right as they started.

It was a somewhat busy morning…

Of course I sang, why not. The people around us were so excited and bouncing up and down. My Dad says “wait until the train comes”. 2 seconds later, cue the train and everyone “awe”-d. To me that’s almost as exciting as being there, watching other people experience all these things for the first time, it almost makes me cry :goodvibes ::yes::

We had planned on hitting Space Mountain first so we planned on heading that way. We got separated a couple times with the crowd but I kept looking back to make sure he was there.

We were getting ready to head to tomorrowland and I was trying to turn right and I saw someone wearing blue tie-dye chasing a group of people also wearing blue tie-dye, clearly they were all together. I giggled when she was clearly trying to maneuver around the other people and I was trying to do the same. She said “they have to know eventually that I’m not behind them” :rotfl:

We make it to Space Mountain and hit the normal “morning crowd”

As always the ride was enjoyable and as always being in the front row I feared being decapitated.

After SM we saw a 10 minute wait at Buzz so once again, I attemped to restore my pride and beat my dad.

Again.. I lost :confused3 I need to accept that it is just not my specialty.

Our next plan of action was Fantasyland.

So we hit the Mad Tea Party and commented on the super long standby line at Seven Dwarfs, knowing we had a fastpass for the afternoon.

We felt like a little snack, this time it is a snack, I promise.

Afterwards we hit the restroom and people watched. We commented on the mini door near the bathrooms.

With no real plan of action we hit the other side of Fantasyland.

We hit the traditional ride that we don’t love love but we have to do…

I really love the happy cactus… :)

And no one fell asleep ha ha.

We had a fastpass for Peter Pan and it was a 45 minute wait so we passed. Then went on to the Haunted Mansion of course…

I always laugh at the twins because as much as I love my job I feel like I make this face at the end of the day :mad: :laughing:

We finished with more than enough time to make it to our BTM fastpass, so that is where we wandered off too. And like every time before, I didn’t get any pictures or proof that we did go, but we did, I promise.

After BTM, I was commenting about how tired I was feeling, I guess the lack of sleep was finally catching up with me because I felt like I was dragging and I know that we planned on making it a full day so I know I needed a caffeine fix. So next stop, coffee. Call me a weirdo but I always say “I’m going to get coffee at starbucks while in Disney” but I never do because I know my Dad doesn’t like coffee so why make him wait for me. I have this weird guilt thing about making him wait for me on something I want, hence why we missed Mexican Donald the year before. But even my Dad was saying I needed coffee so we decided to jump on the train until we got to Main Street.

So we jumped on the train about 10:30, we found a seat about middle. We were making our way around when we see another train getting ready to get on the tracks, Im assuming. They wave at us and blow their whistle and everyone has a great time. Until we notice they’re not slowing down really… Luckily the conductor must have seen the panic on our faces, because he yells “Don’t worry, were going to stop”.

We stopped in New Fantasyland where people got on and sat in our row, which I got no problem sharing seats but I have coffee to get and I will crawl over you to get to it.

Of course we take a selfie…

The lady that sat in our row was the wife of the gentleman behind us and since they couldn’t all fit in the same row she sat with us. Apparently something happened that didn’t make her happy because she pinched him ha ha.

We stopped at a bench outside the jewelry store and I told my Dad to stay and wait for me, I’m always in teacher mode no matter who I’m with, it’s a habit I don’t think I’ll ever be able to stop ha ha.

I went into starbucks and ordered, I used a snack credit because I knew it would be worth the money.

My happy I finally got starbucks face and my scar being super obvious. :coffee::woohoo:

We were sitting when the Move It, Shake It, party/parade started so we stopped to listen/watch it. I sing “Vamos, Vamos” to my kids all the time when we’re going somewhere.

I didn’t plan on taking lots of pictures, just pictures of it as it goes by. This lady just happened to be there when I pushed the button.

Then I saw the Genie coming and I knew I had a good picture opportunity, then I got photobombed :laughing:

Oh well, I tried… :confused3:rotfl:

I inhaled my coffee and at last felt human. We had a 12:00 lunch reservation at Be Our Guest. Ugh that reservation, it was almost the death of me. I joined everyone else at 5:30 my time (central time zone) and got ready to make reservations when they opened up. And as I’m sure everyone is aware, it was a catastrophe. The website crashed as I was clicking to make my reservation, then they were no more left, then I called and she said try again later because it crashed the system and locked the CM’s out too, so they couldn’t even look into the system. So I went to work a little distraught but I was determined to keep trying. So I pulled up the app and continued to refresh for 3 hours, until finally a 12 opened, so I took it.

Back to lunch, I knew they probably weren’t going to let us check in early, but we went that way anyways.

We stopped and saw a relatively low wait time for meeting Anna and Elsa… :laughing:

Then we got to the CM’s who were checking lists and scanning magic bands and they said that we had to come back at exactly our reservation time. So since it was only 15 until, we knew we didn’t have much time to go get in any lines and I wasn’t going to do much shopping until the next day so we just stood and people watched. Actually we people watched and watched the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, since that was our next FP. Just like FOF last year I avoided youtube videos and instagram clips of the ride, I wanted the surprise (last year with FOF, I was almost in tears because I loved it so much). We commented about how the sudden stop will give you whiplash, so we were trying to find the pattern to when it stops there and when it doesn’t, we really didn’t see a set pattern though. That kept us busy for 15 minutes because it was finally 12 on the dot.

We walked back to the CM and he scanned my magic band and had me confirm how many people in my party and what time my reservation was for. Once I passed that test he let us through.

We joined the line with everyone else, again, I love being around people when they expericne things fot the first time. The people around us were taking pictures of everything. :)

I ordered and was told to find our table. Well since it was exactly 12 all 3 rooms were packed. There were a few 6 tops but we didn’t want to sit our party of 2 at a 6 top spot so we wandered around until we saw some CM’s cleaning a 4 top. We stood by while they finished cleaning and then took the table. We were right next to the drinks so I didn’t have to walk for to fill up cups.

I grabbed our cups and since there was a person at each drink station, I stepped back and waited until they were done. Well apparently the lady next to me didn’t want to wait, she elbowed me as she went by me and pushed her way around the man filling up his cup with ice. He ended up having to wait for her before he can fill up his cup. I was so close to saying something, but I didn’t. One day it will just slip out and then I’ll have to tell my friends that I got in a fight in Disney World because I couldn't bite my tongue, knowing them they will just laugh since I’m known for that.

So I finish waiting until there is an empty spot and I fill up our cups. I bring them back to my Dad and tell him I’m going to the bathroom and wash my hands. Again, everyone and their mothers were in line. I waited with everyone else and about 10 minutes later got back to our table.

A few minutes after coming back, our lunch showed up.

Every time I try and get a good picture of my cupcake and it never works so I took that one and moved on to eating.

Since we had seen the other rooms last time we ate then left. We finished about 1 and had 20 minutes until our SDMT fastpass so we decided to stand and wait.

Here come the rain clouds… :worried:

It was around this time when the 2 glasses of iced tea got me. So I walked to the bathroom by Gaston’s Tavern. On the way out I walked through some lady spraying herself with sunscreen, had I known I would have closed my mouth… yuck.

Finally it was SDMT time, yay! :)

We scanned our bands and off we went. I didn’t take pictures or anything since I wanted to just appreciate it all first.

Since I didn’t know where the cameras were I just “acted normal” ha ha.

We finished by 1:30 and had about an hour until our next FP so we just wandered around and people watched.

We ended up in New Fantasyland and hung out by Dumbo and hydrated and people watched some more.

Our FP opened for Peter Pan so off we went, as always we loved it. Nothing new to report there.

We stopped at the FP kiosk and I made one for Jungle Cruise 6:25-7:25.

Then we hit the bathroom one more time, the Tangled bathrooms of course. :lovestruc

Those are some nice looking rain clouds. I checked the radar and we tried to figure out when the rain was going to roll in.

It was almost 3 so we decided to try and make our way to the front so we would be near the exit so we can head out for our 5:15 Chef Mickey’s reservation.

Yeah didn’t make it far… :crowded:

So we found a spot to lean against and decided to watch the parade.

But what do I always do when I’m waiting…

Take selfies of course…

The parade started coming around the bend so I decided to take pictures, again, not knowing how well they were coming out.

Here comes the rain… :worried:

So we panchoed up to be on the safe side because the radar showed it right on top of us. The family next to us heard me and they put theirs on too. Literally, 2 minutes later, it started to rain. We just made it.

So we made our way out figuring we would hang out at the Contemporary until our reservation time since we had about an hour.

It was only a light downpour and it had let up by the time we got to the monorail. We arrived at the Contemporary about 4:00 so we found a bench and people watched. We laughed because the “Monorail” sign by the escalator was missing a letter so it said “Monoail” so I called it that for the rest of the night/trip.

Finally 5 rolled around and I checked in. They gave me a buzzer and said you’re welcome to go take your picture and then wait around. We took our picture. I have one with my Mom from 4 years ago now I have one with my Dad, my collection is complete.

We were done with our picture and ready to sit down when our buzzer went off…Perfect timing.

We were seated directly behind the food in the corner. Before our server even came over to take our drinks, Donald came by.

Since I didn’t have my camera handy my Dad took the picture with his phone.

Our server Nicole according to my receipt but she went by a different name, came by and took our drink order. I was going to stand up when I noticed almost all of the rest of the characters were coming around. So we just sat back and waited.

We had officially met everyone before we even had our first round of food :)

Now I wouldn't have to feel rushed like you tend to at a buffet, afraid you’ll miss a character because you’re getting food.

I told you mini corndogs and mashed potatoes would return. They are just so yummy.

Round 2 I just added cheese to my broccoli ha ha.

While we were eating the characters were still coming around so I would have to mention that it was nice to see them again so we wouldn't keep taking pictures ha ha.

We tried to save room for desserts and since they were baby ones, who can say no.

While we were sitting and eating I knew we weren’t going to make the Jungle Cruise FP and I didn’t was us to be rushed so I changed it to 7:25-8:25 so we wouldn’t have to chance missing it.

We paid, left a tip and grabbed the monoail back to the MK.

We got back to MK by about 6:00. I snapped a picture on the way in.

We had about 20 minutes to make it to Adventureland for Jungle Cruise so we moseyed on that away.

Next to late night, dusk is one of my favorite times at Disney. When everything starts to change from day to night, right before the all the night time lights turn on.

We made it to JC with 3 minutes until our window opened.

We had a pretty good skipper I heard jokes that I’ve heard before, but my Dad got a kick out of her “scaring” the hippos away like she did her ex-boyfriends.

We finished and we decided we would check for one more FP. The family behind me was “90% sure” they would get a FP for the Mine Train because “it’s still early in the day”. Good luck guys.

I ended up with Haunted Mansion. Because who doesn’t want to ride it again? :) It was from 8:25 – 9:25 so we made our way that way, again with no real plan in between.

We found “our spot” that we have been camping ourselves at all week and people watched until about 8:40 then we made our way to HM.

My Dad and I joke that there is a ride that is that trips ride. We ride it 6 or so times and last year it was Pirates. This year it was HM. But I’m not complaining :)

We sang along and got stuck a few times but made it out by about 9:00. I hit the Tangled bathroom because if possible, it’s even better at night.

I checked the radar because it was a little nippy and windy. Yup rain is coming and it’s going to be heavy.

So we went to our “spot” and caught the last half of the parade, so it was about 9:30.

Then opened up the clouds. We angled ourselves so we were under the awning from the drink store/stop.

By now it was 9:45 and we weren’t planning on scoping out a spot for Celebrate the Magic tonight so we parked ourselves outside the Christmas store in our ponchos and waited.

We actually had a decent spot for Wishes. I really liked it, it was still kinda centered but not too busy and I got decent pictures with just my phone.

So we had about a little less than an hour until the 11 parade so we were planning on going to our spot that we sat at last year (across from Liberty Tree Tavern). So we went to sit. Then the sprinkles/rain started again… uh oh… then it really came down. I had a feeling they might be cancelling the parade. But we waited around until 10:30ish to see if they were going to come around and set up the ropes. When they didn’t we figured that they were maybe going to cancel it so we made our way to the exit and find a head honcho person to ask. We made it to the hub and saw them setting it up. So we asked and the CM manager man said “yes, I haven’t heard different”. So we made our way back to our area and waited.

Finally around 10:50 they start setting up ropes and poles. :)

5 till this was the crowds. :jumping3:

The rain I guess really cleared them out. My Dad and I were both flabbergasted as to how not just low but frankly nonexistent the evening crowds were. A few minutes before we see them starting to rope off the walkway to Fantasyland, I’ve never been there at closing time (park closed at 11) so that was cool to see.

Completely deserted walkway…

Finally 11:20ish rolls around and the lights go out and the music starts. I was so surprised and happy to see what they crowds looked like. I literally was almost in tears because I was so happy. :lovestruc:)

It was over by about 11:30 so we made our way to the exit. We were going to stop for a picture but the photopass people were busy and honestly I looked a mess so we passed.

We said see you later to MK since we were coming back tomorrow. :)

We were on the way back to the resort about 12 by the time we got to the bus and one showed up. We had about 2 other families on the bus with us, there was a family with four or five 4 year olds and we were surprised how well behaved they were. I’m used to the madness of the kiddos in my class, these kids were still and sitting nicely in their seats.

Well one of the little boys was clearly done for, he had dosed off before we even left the MK. And he was teetering. Several times he would start leaning forward like he was going to fall off his chair and he would wake himself up. The older woman with him was laughing along with us, he didn't fall but he was so cute. :laughing:

We made it back to our room about 12:15 and we decided to cut through the resort since it was a little late.

Showered and lights out by about 1:00 :faint:

So much fun stuff!

Your Chef Mickey's plate is probably the most appetizing picture I've seen from there. I haven't been since I was a kid, but I figure it will eventually make its way back into the rotation :)

And I love the electrical parade! My family was never into them, so I'm looking forward to catching more parades when I go next :D

Glad you both had so much fun despite the ever-present rain :)

I'm really enjoying your report. It sounds like you and your dad have a lot of fun together. :goodvibes

No worries about the long time between updates…..it wasn’t that long and look at me ---- I’m the one who took forever to write a reply to your updates, so I think that makes us even stevens. I’m impressed that you can be out the door by 7am. We are usually out by 7:30 or 8am but never 7! I have to shower, put on makeup, do my hair, etc. Then we have a 17 year old who’s hair is super curly, so that needs to be done in a ponytail or braid. Fun times! Therefore, I have never seen the opening show other than on YouTube. Your pictures are awesome! I love your comment about watching other people experience things for the first time ---- I love that too!!! I’m anxious for this coming trip to see things through my Mom’s eyes that she’s either forgotten about or has never experienced. Let’s face it, when we were kids, there was none of this superplanning, ADR’s, or fastpasses! It will be a whole new world for her!

Again, loved your pose on Space Mountain! Oh, and I meant to tell you that another Dis-friend of mine got the Dinosaur car all to themselves, but their poses weren’t as awesome as yours!!! It’s still funny to see an empty car and think the T-Rex got them!
Yes, that qualifies as a snack and not a lunch! Good job. I wanted to try the brew at Gaston’s but when I read the ingredients, I passed. I’m fussy like that. But we did just get some drinks and sat in the tavern. I love watching the interaction with the guests and Gaston out in the little courtyard. He’s so awesome ---- well, at least the one we saw last year, but I’ve heard he was let go……we’ll see when we go in September. He’s the one that did the push-up contest that you can find on YouTube.

Yep, IASW ---- one of my husband’s favorites as he doesn’t ride any thrill rides. Even Star Tours is too much for him. Victoria uses this time to check Twitter. Heaven help her if she doesn’t know what’s going on in Twitterverse! LOL!

I’m so glad you got a BOG ressie. I’ve been lucky enough to get one last year as well as this year. I think it’s just so neat to eat is Beast’s castle! My favorite room is the West Wing. It’s so cool in there!

Did you like 7DMT?? I just found it to be way to short of a ride. I’m not planning on fast passing it again. If there’s a small wait I’ll go on it, but I’m not wasting (my opinion) a fast pass on it. I didn’t even know they did a ride picture. Maybe that wasn’t working yet as we never got a pic on our Memory Maker.

Okay, you’ve mentioned the Tangled bathrooms quite a bit and I have a confession ---- I’ve never stopped in them! Oh, I’ve walked by and thought the area was cute, but never stopped. This will be one of the “must-do’s” for this trip!!

You do the same thing I do with expected storms ----- I look at the radar and figure how much time we have before the sky opens up! Too funny you do that too! Look at those crowds in your pictures!! OMG!!! I don’t think I could stand that!!! Yay for castle selfies!!! Your Dad looks so amused! Monoail!!! Sounds like it should be some kind of drink, doesn’t it?? LOL!

“The family behind me was “90% sure” they would get a FP for the Mine Train because “it’s still early in the day”. Gotta wonder how THAT worked out for them!! Hey, if Haunted Mansion ends up being my trip’s ride, I wouldn’t complain either!!

I really like that spot you had for Wishes in Liberty Square. Again, nice pictures!And look at your Main Street Electric Parade pics! I have never seen the park empty like that, but then again, I never stay until closing either. Wow. It’s amazing!!!

Ok, looking forward to more, more, more!!!!

I'm back :) Yet another school year has come and gone. 5 years of teaching.. Where has the time gone. Then I had to take my computer in because the keyboard was being iffy, so I had to wait for it to come back before I could finish my TR. So let's go! :thumbsup2

So much fun stuff!

Your Chef Mickey's plate is probably the most appetizing picture I've seen from there. I haven't been since I was a kid, but I figure it will eventually make its way back into the rotation :)

And I love the electrical parade! My family was never into them, so I'm looking forward to catching more parades when I go next :D

Glad you both had so much fun despite the ever-present rain :)

I've been to Chef Mickey's one other time and it was good but that was 4 years ago and I've heard that it can be really hit and miss but the two times I've gone it was good. I love the MSEP it's 'Disney' to me, it's what I remember from when I was a child :lovestruc Yes the rain, it always rains but it's usually Florida rain, over in a minute ha ha :thumbsup2

I'm really enjoying your report. It sounds like you and your dad have a lot of fun together. :goodvibes

We did ::yes:: :goodvibes We're so similar in some cases that we tend to get on each others nerves but that's normal ha ha

No worries about the long time between updates…..it wasn’t that long and look at me ---- I’m the one who took forever to write a reply to your updates, so I think that makes us even stevens. I’m impressed that you can be out the door by 7am. We are usually out by 7:30 or 8am but never 7! I have to shower, put on makeup, do my hair, etc. Then we have a 17 year old who’s hair is super curly, so that needs to be done in a ponytail or braid. Fun times! Therefore, I have never seen the opening show other than on YouTube. Your pictures are awesome! I love your comment about watching other people experience things for the first time ---- I love that too!!! I’m anxious for this coming trip to see things through my Mom’s eyes that she’s either forgotten about or has never experienced. Let’s face it, when we were kids, there was none of this superplanning, ADR’s, or fastpasses! It will be a whole new world for her!

Again, loved your pose on Space Mountain! Oh, and I meant to tell you that another Dis-friend of mine got the Dinosaur car all to themselves, but their poses weren’t as awesome as yours!!! It’s still funny to see an empty car and think the T-Rex got them!
Yes, that qualifies as a snack and not a lunch! Good job. I wanted to try the brew at Gaston’s but when I read the ingredients, I passed. I’m fussy like that. But we did just get some drinks and sat in the tavern. I love watching the interaction with the guests and Gaston out in the little courtyard. He’s so awesome ---- well, at least the one we saw last year, but I’ve heard he was let go……we’ll see when we go in September. He’s the one that did the push-up contest that you can find on YouTube.

Yep, IASW ---- one of my husband’s favorites as he doesn’t ride any thrill rides. Even Star Tours is too much for him. Victoria uses this time to check Twitter. Heaven help her if she doesn’t know what’s going on in Twitterverse! LOL!

I’m so glad you got a BOG ressie. I’ve been lucky enough to get one last year as well as this year. I think it’s just so neat to eat is Beast’s castle! My favorite room is the West Wing. It’s so cool in there!

Did you like 7DMT?? I just found it to be way to short of a ride. I’m not planning on fast passing it again. If there’s a small wait I’ll go on it, but I’m not wasting (my opinion) a fast pass on it. I didn’t even know they did a ride picture. Maybe that wasn’t working yet as we never got a pic on our Memory Maker.

Okay, you’ve mentioned the Tangled bathrooms quite a bit and I have a confession ---- I’ve never stopped in them! Oh, I’ve walked by and thought the area was cute, but never stopped. This will be one of the “must-do’s” for this trip!!

You do the same thing I do with expected storms ----- I look at the radar and figure how much time we have before the sky opens up! Too funny you do that too! Look at those crowds in your pictures!! OMG!!! I don’t think I could stand that!!! Yay for castle selfies!!! Your Dad looks so amused! Monoail!!! Sounds like it should be some kind of drink, doesn’t it?? LOL!

“The family behind me was “90% sure” they would get a FP for the Mine Train because “it’s still early in the day”. Gotta wonder how THAT worked out for them!! Hey, if Haunted Mansion ends up being my trip’s ride, I wouldn’t complain either!!

I really like that spot you had for Wishes in Liberty Square. Again, nice pictures!And look at your Main Street Electric Parade pics! I have never seen the park empty like that, but then again, I never stay until closing either. Wow. It’s amazing!!!

Ok, looking forward to more, more, more!!!!

I'm a horrible morning person, but during the school year I'm awake at 4:45 so the alarm going off at 6:00 seems like I get extra sleep on Disney days ha ha. IASW is one of those rides that even if you don't like it you go because it's traditional Disney :)
I loved 7DMT, it is really short though. I personally don't think its worth a 70 minute wait but that's just me ha ha. Yeah I didn't know they did either until I saw some other people posting pictures here on the DIS, but I didn't know where to look for it. But I do like how they don't do the line of pictures at the end like the other rides do, it just magically appears on your Memory Maker. Seems like a good idea to me, eases up congestion at the end of the ride.
I love radar on my phone. There was a day a week ago that our class was playing outside and the rain was coming in but we waited until it was right there before we left ha ha. Monoail is my new favorite word lol.
I didn't stay around to find out if that family ever got a FP but I didn't hear yelling when I walked away so maybe they figured something out ha ha :rolleyes1
Last year we sat in the same area but there was a crowd. This year there was no one, maybe the low crowds that day and the rain scared them away ha ha :woohoo:
Sadly, only 2 days more :(

Day 7 3-27

The alarm started going off around 7:00 but neither of us starting getting out of bed until 7:30. We got ready for our last full park day… Insert sad face here. I tried not to think sad, but the last full park day is always sad :worried:

We got out and on our way about 8:15.

We got the super stretch bus, I was excited because I had been eyeing it during the week wondering if we would ever get it. We found a seat in the back part and were next to a family who clearly just arrived, one they were overly cheerful and kept talking about their plans for their trip. I love hearing other people talk about what they want to do and want to see. :)

We made it up to the gate and thought about what we were going to do. We didn’t want to see something we had already seen or had a fastpass for.

The ones we had scheduled for today were:
Buzz 10:15-11:15
Mickey at Town Square 11:40-12:40
Splash Mountain 1:10-2:10

So after some deliberation we decided to tackle the 7DMT crowd and ride again.

We joined the rush and followed the crowd. By the time we got to the end of the line it was wrapped right in front of the tea cups and said a 45 minute wait.

I do find it somewhat humorous that they have security at the entrance, just how crazy does it get. :crutches::rolleyes:

We finally got the see the queue and it was pretty cool, I liked it.

Since I had a good feeling where the first camera was I posed….

We finished and felt like a breakfast snack so since we were close by we were on the hunt for a cake cup.

Cake cups the breakfast of champions ha ha :lovestruc

We grabbed some water too and found an umbrella to sit under and people watch. Alice and the White Rabbit were meeting friends by the tea cups and we heard this little girl say with her British accent “Mommy a bunny” and she was so excited. (My Dad and I still say it every once in a while just because) :yay:

We were done and decided it was about time to head towards Tomorrowland. Since we had time, peoplemover here we come.

We finished right as our window opened so off we went, so I could lose yet again and guess what… I did lose. :rolleyes1

Afterwards we decided there wasn’t much more we wanted to do in Tomorrowland so Adventureland and Pirates we go next.

By now we were thinking lunch. I have wanted to eat at Casey’s forever but it’s always packed and there are never seats so we decided to look and see. We found a seat and I went in to order.

Corndog nuggets! Happy dance… :worship::woohoo:

After eating we decided to stand and people watch.

We saw a photopass person so we took advantage.

I asked for a picture with Mainstreet in the background…

I love how it turned out.. scrim and all.

We decided that it was time to meet Mickey. We’ve met him at Chef Mickey’s but now we will meet him in his fancy wear.

We said adios to Mickey and decided to grab the train to Frontierland.

We made it to Splash Mountain with sometime before our fastpass window opened so we found a spot to plant ourselves.

We had some time and I had the munchies, time for a churro. So I walked over and got my dad a pretzel and myself a churro.

Our window opened up so we bagged up our electronics and made our way to the Briar Patch.

We ended up wet but not soaked, somewhere in between. Since we were done for the afternoon and it was our last park day, I wanted to do some shopping in the Emporium. So we made our way to Main Street.

Look I see some rain clouds…

It was about 2 and people were starting to line up for the parade so I knew I had to hurry.

I was looking around when my Dad told me he had the chills with the air conditioner being on so he was going to wait outside.

I passed by the Alex and Ani bracelets and looked to see what they had. I saw the Cinderella one… I waved down the nearest CM and asked if they had them, she said I lucked out because they had 3 left. She gave me the slip and I went to the register to pay for it, then to keep looking for more stuff to buy. It took me about 30 minutes to look around some more. I walked out at the end of Main Street and I couldn’t find my Dad so I wandered the other way looking for him. He was leaning against a trashcan and since it was about 2:45 we figured why not wait for the parade. So I plopped myself down and waited.

The Dapper Dan’s were wandering around. And we were entertained by the Photopass people joking around :laughing:

Then all of a sudden…. Boom. Opens the rain clouds. :umbrella:

Since it was after 3 the parade had already started. So we just ponchoed up and sat. Then man next to me got up and got me soaked…

I just love FOF, I couldn't stop laughing because when the Lost Boys came down they couldn't help but splash in the puddles and of course that made my shoes even wetter then before ha ha

Since I bought some stuff and my pants were soaking wet we decided to head back to the resort and relax and do some packing.

We made our way to the exit and grabbed a bus back the resort. Then what normally seems like a 10 minute drive turned into a 37 minute drive… Major traffic jam. But I’ll give the driver props, he was telling jokes and keeping our spirits up. Since my pants were soaking wet, I couldn’t help but freeze…

The bus driver had to remind us to use kid friendly language… apparently someone at the front of the bus had a potty mouth :lmao:

We finally make it back to the resort about 4:30ish so I had time to pack up the best I can. I remembered I bought a rice krispy treat the other night at DTD and I had saved it for later. Now seems like a good time to eat it.

We decided to hit the food court for dinner. We both decided on turkey, but the CM didn’t know how to make the plate or where things were so we ended up waiting about 20 minutes for dinner.

It was pretty good though.

My out of focus cupcake… We cut it in half and ate the cake part only.

We made it to the bus stop about 7 and got the stretch bus again. The little boy across from us was in a really good mood I on the other had not so much. Last bus ride of the trip. Hearing the arrival to the MK spiel one last time made me sad…

We made it in and decided to stop for a photopass.

My Dad grabbed his jacket because it was a little chilly, I didn’t and was starting to regret it.

We decided we finally needed a Dole Whip so off we go

The fountains at night are a really pretty sight.

And so is the castle…

We wandered around and I decided that since we really had no major plans besides see Celebrate the Magic at 10:30ish we would try to ride BTM at night. It’s been on my list of things to do forever.

I went to the FP kisosk and got one for 9:45. So we decided to be on that side of the road before the parade so we wouldn’t have to fight crowds going across.

But since we had more snack credits, another churro was called for.

We sat and watched the parade go by and made our way over about 9:30. The wait time showed 15 minutes but I figured lets use a FP one more time.

Our window opened and I was able to finally cross something off my “what I want to do in Disney list”. I loved it at night! Such a different experience.

We made our way to our new fireworks spot and watched the fireworks. Then made our way to the hub for CTM.

We had a pretty good spot… Much easier to me then fighting the earlier crowds.

(I love this picture, it’s my FB cover picture and my phone lock screen)

I saw the show a few years ago with my Mom at the trains station and my Dad and I saw it last year from Tomorrowland but neither of us have seen it from this close up.

Loved it :) :lovestruc

We then made our way to Tomorrowland for our traditional last ride of the trip, the Peoplemover :sad1:

One last selfie…

We got off right as they were closing up the rides since it was 11 and they were “closed”

We hit the confectionary on the way out because why not buy more sugary treats?

I bought cotton candy since it was also on my want list. I said good bye to the Magic Kingdom for this trip and off we go…:sad:

We got the stretch bus again :)

We made it back to the room around midnight-ish and I packed a little bit more then called it a night around 1:30. Travel home day tomorrow.

That's crazy about the security guard. I don't remember seeing that, maybe it's just first thing. MMm, cake cup! I really like your pics of the castle at night. Beautiful!

I love the cake cup and corn dog nuggets from Casey's. Did Mickey talk when you saw him? We saw him at town square for the first time in April and he talked, we really enjoyed.

Glad you got your Alex and Ani bracelet. The people mover for the last ride I can see that, I love that ride:cool1:

Last park day is always sad, glad you got to see wishes and celebrate the magic:hyper:. Cool stretch bus, haven't been on one of those yet. I have enjoyed your report. I am going to go back and read your other ones :wave2:

Yes, the last day of the parks is always sad. Very sad, but you try not to think about it. Your day sounded awesome, though, despite it being the last one. OMG you got to ride in those slinky busses! How cool is that!!! I’m glad you took a picture of that section where it bends because I was curious as to how it looked. That’s amazing about security being at the line of SDMT….I mean, do they expect a brawl or something? And yes, cake cups are the breakfast of champions!! Especially those with Cheshire Cat on them. That is adorable!!Boy, your face onBuzz is priceless ----- you looked totally annoyed that you lost, AGAIN, oooops, didn’t mean to rub that in. And then your face when you were hugging Mickey ---- pure bliss. I think that one is my favorite of all of your pictures!

Right now I only have one Alex & Ani bracelet and it’s the DVC owner one in silver. I’m not sure if I’ll get more. I was thinking about more Pandora charms, but I think if I do anything, it will be another Alex & Ani. I definitely want it to be Disney-related!!
Parades and rain are not my idea of fun, but look at you --- throw a poncho on and go for it. And if there is something I truly hate it’s walking in wet shoes. Yuck!! I think it was a great idea that you went back to the resort for a little bit.
Isn’t the castle show beautiful?? I’ve only seen it from the Wishes Dessert Party, so I hope I can get closer this year to see it. Gotta love your one last selfie!!

Great last day! I've never seen Celebrate the Magic. The pictures of the castle were amazing. Thanks for sharing your trip. It looks like you had a great time with your dad.:hug:
-Lindsey

That's crazy about the security guard. I don't remember seeing that, maybe it's just first thing. MMm, cake cup! I really like your pics of the castle at night. Beautiful!

Yeah we only saw him in the morning. I guess so no one tries to jump the line... Thanks! I really like how they came out too, since I haven't seen the show that close up, I knew I had to try and get some pictures too :)

I love the cake cup and corn dog nuggets from Casey's. Did Mickey talk when you saw him? We saw him at town square for the first time in April and he talked, we really enjoyed.

Glad you got your Alex and Ani bracelet. The people mover for the last ride I can see that, I love that ride:cool1:

Last park day is always sad, glad you got to see wishes and celebrate the magic:hyper:. Cool stretch bus, haven't been on one of those yet. I have enjoyed your report. I am going to go back and read your other ones :wave2:

I've been craving the cake cups for the longest time but on previous trips every time we walked by they were packed and we never felt like waiting or trying to find a seat. But this trip we lucked out and got a seat. Yeah talking Mickey still throws me for a loop. Last year when he talked the photpass guy caught a picture and the look on my face is evident how much it surprised me. Peoplemover has been a last ride tradition for a few trips now, just seems like a nice way to close out the trip. Thanks :flower3:

Yes, the last day of the parks is always sad. Very sad, but you try not to think about it. Your day sounded awesome, though, despite it being the last one. OMG you got to ride in those slinky busses! How cool is that!!! I’m glad you took a picture of that section where it bends because I was curious as to how it looked. That’s amazing about security being at the line of SDMT….I mean, do they expect a brawl or something? And yes, cake cups are the breakfast of champions!! Especially those with Cheshire Cat on them. That is adorable!!Boy, your face onBuzz is priceless ----- you looked totally annoyed that you lost, AGAIN, oooops, didn’t mean to rub that in. And then your face when you were hugging Mickey ---- pure bliss. I think that one is my favorite of all of your pictures!

Right now I only have one Alex & Ani bracelet and it’s the DVC owner one in silver. I’m not sure if I’ll get more. I was thinking about more Pandora charms, but I think if I do anything, it will be another Alex & Ani. I definitely want it to be Disney-related!!
Parades and rain are not my idea of fun, but look at you --- throw a poncho on and go for it. And if there is something I truly hate it’s walking in wet shoes. Yuck!! I think it was a great idea that you went back to the resort for a little bit.
Isn’t the castle show beautiful?? I’ve only seen it from the Wishes Dessert Party, so I hope I can get closer this year to see it. Gotta love your one last selfie!!

I love the stretchy bus, I kept saying "cool" the whole time ha ha. Apparently they need a security guard, I was tempted to ask him if he's ever had to break up a fight :P I've come to the conclusion that I will never win on Buzz, so it will just make for funny pictures ::yes::

I love my Alex and Ani bracelets :lovestruc I've thought of the Pandora bracelets but I don't feel fancy enough to own one :rotfl:

Great last day! I've never seen Celebrate the Magic. The pictures of the castle were amazing. Thanks for sharing your trip. It looks like you had a great time with your dad.:hug:
-Lindsey

Thanks, I'm by no means a pro but my kinda fancy camera takes really good pictures, but I'll totally take the credit :laughing: Yeah we did have a great time together :hug:

I love how I have kept telling myself "I need to finish my TR" but I get sidetracked my netflix or reading. Clearly I'm enjoying my summer vacation :) :happytv::coffee:

I had all the best intentions on Thursday but instead I finally got my tattoo done. :cool1: I've had it planned for a while now and all my friends wanted to go too but they never did so I went in to check prices and stuff and he's all come back and I'll do it today :thumbsup2

I love love love how it turned out, exactly like I had in mind :lovestruc

Ok now I can finish up my last day and last thoughts :) Let's go

Day 8 3-28

Travel Home Day

Sadly, here we are on our last few hours in Disney. Another trip has come and gone and now was the fun part. Packing it all up…

I had fit about half of my stuff in my suitcase when we decided to go grab breakfast. Since we had 3:00ish flights and we were getting picked up at 12 on the “no fun bus” we decided we should grab something to eat. So we gabbed our cups and wandered down to the food court, there was a little nip in the air. The night before at MK I had purchased the blue winter Mickey sweater that I had seen aroun but figured come March they wouldn’t have them out, they did and of course I bought it. So I was wearing that and I was actually a little chilly.

We walked in and of course hit the rush so we wandered around and decided what to get. I know traditionally we should go with waffles but one the line was long and two I wasn’t that hungry. So we found the area with the sandwiches and things and saw they had bagels so we each got one.

Since we had used all our QS credits up we paid out of pocket and I wandered around to find a spot. Since it was so full and I did see a few 4 tops available I didn’t want to take up a huge table for the 2 of us so I asked a family of 4 if we could sit at the end of the 8 top they were sitting in, they said yes so we planted ourselves and went to refill our mugs. I grabbed hot chocolate because it finally felt cool enough outside to drink it and not feel silly.

Picture a little blurry but it was pretty big and actually really yummy :)

We wandered around the gift shop, since we had 2 snack credits left we grabbed some snacks for the flight and grabbed a few more things that I had been eying and went back to pack up my suitcase.’

I successfully managed to cram it all in my suitcase :) so I checked with my handheld scale and saw 53 pounds…. Uh oh, so I moved some things around and had it under 50 yay.

We had asked for some help with our suitcases, I just envisioned us walking and dropping everything trying to walk all the way to the front. So he showed up at 11:45ish and we loaded all our things up and said good bye to room 9533.

We made it to the Magical Express bench and look at my suitcase and notice my Mickey glove luggage tag is missing.. Had it been gone the whole trip and I didn’t notice. Since I had some time I ran into the gift shop to buy a new one… and maybe some air fresheners for my car.

I came back out and my Dad said that a bus just came and went, but it wasn’t our bus. So I crammed my new things in my bag and waited for our bus to come.

12:15ish our bus comes by and we load up and make the drive back to the airport/reality :sad1:

There may or may not have been a tear or two, it’s never fun to leave.

We get to the airport and apparently didn’t listen cause we were on the wrong side so we trekked to American’s baggage area and unload our bags.

Moment of truth, how much would mine weigh…

Yay I made it ha ha :yay:

We got through security without a hitch and made it to our gate with about an hour until we board. I go to the store nearby to grab some waters for the flight. While waiting we sneak a peek at our photopass pictures and laugh at the funny faces.

Then we start to board. We find our seats, I say good bye to Florida and buckle out seat belts...

That’s all I remember because I fell asleep. Apparently I was exhausted. Disney makes you tired ha ha ::yes::

It wasn’t until a few days later that my Dad sent me this beauty…

Thanks Dad. Then I laughed because I had another picture similar to when I was younger :laughing:

Apparently Disney always makes me tired.

So I wake up from my nap as the drink lady is coming around.

So I get my go to apple juice and bring out my snacks.

We land in Dallas and decide we have time to grab something to eat so we stop at McDonalds right next to my gate. So we eat dinner and chat about our trip, then it’s time for me to go.

My Dad got a phone call saying his flight was delayed so now he has to wait an extra hour before he can leave.

I tell my Dad bye and I’ll see him in Portland in July for my cousin’s wedding. Then off home I go. The 45-minute flight went by fast because I slept again ha ha. My ride is waiting for me and I make it home in one piece.

My suitcase made it all of about 6 steps off the stairs and dropped. I made it to my bed and I dropped.

An hour or two later my Dad let me know that he was home.

Yet another trip in the books :woohoo::yay:

Final Thoughts and Favorite Parts:

I don’t know how this trip came and went so quick. With everything leading up to the trip I didn’t think we were going to ever make it to the trip. It was a much needed trip and well deserved I say. Every trip with one of my parents is fun and every trip is memorable, but this one ranks up there. I think because we both had so much health drama in the months leading up to it. Even now I feel like I should be getting ready to go on our trip.

Some of my favorite things:
-BTM at night
-Monoail
-My Dad not getting his phone unlocked fast enough and Mickey laughing
-My Dad not knowing how to work my camera and Pooh laughing (lol)
-Being stuck in traffic for 37 minutes (made for a funny story)
-But mainly getting to enjoy our redo trip with my Dad :hug:

I had purchased a Jack Skellington mug at HS that I had wanted for a while but when I got home I saw it broke :sad1: So I had emailed merchandise people and asked them if I can just purchase a new one or something. They sent me a brand new one. They're great :)

Yes, I’m planning my next trip for Spring Break 2016. However, I’m not so sure who is coming along. One of my really good friends mentioned going with me next time. But she’s not sure if she is or not so it’s either #teachersgonewild :thumbsup2 or #fatherdaughtertrippart3 :hug:

But I will for sure do a TR. So until next year. Thanks to everyone who tagged along or read it quietly in the background. I love sharing my memories with you :)popcorn:::thanks:

That tattoo is so cute! And it looks like you guys had a fabulous time! I love all the Celebrate the Magic pictures :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter