"We don't need no stinking maps" Spring Break 2015 **Last Day 6/13 **

I love your excuse for buying new earrings! I should try that one sometime. HS is my favorite park, so I really loved this update. Nice flashback to the airplane bathroom incident. Yep, that sure does explain it, huh? :scared: I love both Tot and Rockin Rollercoaster. I could do both of those all day long!! I thought you had taken a pic of the guy in front of you at Fantasmic because he was sleeping and then I see the glasses. Too funny!!! Yeah, I bet he didn't realize he still has them! Did you have sneakers that were waterproof as you didn't mention that your feet were soaked in the rain? That's the only thing I really hate about wearing sneakers in the parks when it rains...yuck!

I love your excuse for buying new earrings! I should try that one sometime. HS is my favorite park, so I really loved this update. Nice flashback to the airplane bathroom incident. Yep, that sure does explain it, huh? :scared: I love both Tot and Rockin Rollercoaster. I could do both of those all day long!! I thought you had taken a pic of the guy in front of you at Fantasmic because he was sleeping and then I see the glasses. Too funny!!! Yeah, I bet he didn't realize he still has them! Did you have sneakers that were waterproof as you didn't mention that your feet were soaked in the rain? That's the only thing I really hate about wearing sneakers in the parks when it rains...yuck!

I kept trying to take a picture without him noticing :smooth:. I kept saying "look at all these people" :laughing: My shoes weren't waterproof more like water resistant. Luckily it wasn't a down pour (like later on ;)) but a light rain all morning so the puddles weren't bad. I love flip flops but never wear them in the parks. I wore them in the rain once and seriosuly sprained my ankle so no need to relive that again, plus I have really flat feet and they would kill my feet if I wore them all day. We did the math and according to our phone pedometers we did about 60 miles in 6 park days ::yes:::headache:

Your possible trip titles are hilarious! I love it. I used to teach preschool too (for about 8 years). So I totally get the reference to people NOT wanting my job ::yes::. But oh! How I loved that job.

Following!

This sounds like so much fun :) Plus, it's always fun for me to see people from my home state! Rogers is a pretty awesome part of Arkansas :)

Loved the dinner at Crystal Palace. We are planning on doing breakfast on our next trip, but I'll have to keep dinner in mind too! That sundae from Prime Time looked delicious as well, so many sprinkles and toppings :D

Your possible trip titles are hilarious! I love it. I used to teach preschool too (for about 8 years). So I totally get the reference to people NOT wanting my job ::yes::. But oh! How I loved that job.

There were so many options that I couldn't decide. I kept saying 'maybe that one' or 'maybe that one' every time :) It is an exhausting job both mentally and physically but it is the most rewarding one too. I really do love it, most days, there's always a day or two when I feel like packing up and moving to Disney :laughing:

Following!

This sounds like so much fun :) Plus, it's always fun for me to see people from my home state! Rogers is a pretty awesome part of Arkansas :)

Loved the dinner at Crystal Palace. We are planning on doing breakfast on our next trip, but I'll have to keep dinner in mind too! That sundae from Prime Time looked delicious as well, so many sprinkles and toppings :D

Hi and :welcome:
I've lived here going on 5 years now and I really do love it. I tell people it's like Florida in the sense that it always changes. It can be 70 one day, 40 and raining the next, then snow at the end of the week :rotfl2::laughing: Over the years I've eaten at Crystal Palace for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Honestly I don't think I could pick a favorite meal because they're all great. Oh yeah, that sundae, I tried to get a bite out of every piece but I really couldn't... :sad2: :)

Day 4 3-24

The alarm went off at 6 again for another early morning. Since my inflammation always flares up worst in my shoulders and hips, I’ve been doing yoga stretches to help them. So I was doing a figure four on the bed and my Dad laughed and said that if he were to try it, he would get stuck. Seriously I could stay in figure four all day, it’s amazing. Ok moving on sorry.

We got dressed and applied sunscreen. I think I didn’t get as much sun the day before, which was nice but I still was red from our first day.

We were out the door a little after 7 and pulling up to EPCOT by 7:15. We made the trek to the gate. We saw the roped off area for resort guests as part of the extra magic hours. We got in that line and the CM checked our bands to make sure we were staying on property.

You can kind of see in the picture above. There was only like 4 “gates” open and the rest of the crowd just got in one big line behind them. I’ve never seen it done that way before, it was weird. Anyway moving on. There was a CM who was telling people that they are going to let us in early, up to Spaceship Earth, and that we could use that time to walk around and take pictures. So in we went and no one listened to his recommendations, everyone just got in and went to stand in the other line. So we joined them and waited.

Our fastpass plans that day were:

Mission Space 10:25 – 11:25

Spaceship Earth 1:05 – 2:05
Illuminations

While in line we made friends with the guy in front of us, his name was William. Apparently his family had sent him ahead to get in line and now he didn’t know where they were. While we were there we also all made friends with a little bird. He had a nest right by the light boxes/cords within the frame of the Camera Center. He was determined to get the stick off the floor and into his nest. He tried and tried and every time he tried, it fell. He however decided to do this in front of a bunch of people with nowhere to go and nothing to do for about 15 minutes. So naturally, the bird received cheers and offerings of help every time. Seriously, to some of us, myself included, it was the most exhilarating thing to happen that morning. Our new friend William and a guy behind him jokingly said things to but not limited to “hashtag best trip ever”, “hashtag worth the annual passholder price” “hashtag go little bird go” we all laughed and added a few of our own, then my Dad being himself joked that he was probably the husband bird and the wife bird was up there telling him he has to have the house finished by the end of the day.

Slowly it was starting to fill up and the line was inching closer and closer to the rope, until the same CM from earlier in the morning came by. He announced that they were going to take down the rope only if we all promised to stand nicely and not rush forward, since we still had about 5 minutes until official opening, he would take the rope down. So him and a few other CM’s did and then he reminded everyone to walk and be careful of other people around them, then they made a mad dash into the Camera Center next to our bird friend and let us officially in. Our new friend William and the guy next to us joked and felt pity for the person who has to do the rope drop. What if you get trampled? William joked that whoever calls in sick the most has to do it. Whether or not it’s true I don’t know, but we used to have that kind of mindset at Hollywood video. Give inventory to the people that always call in.

My Dad and I, as well as everyone else made the dash to Soarin’ everyone rushed down the stairs and we stood nicely on the escalator while 2 people slipped and fell on their way down. I did giggle, I’m sorry.

We get in line and it says 20 minutes, literally like 6 minutes after the park opens. I wonder if it really is or they just cushion it so when you’re done you are happy it took 15. We rode in row 2 so there were feet above us but thankfully the people in front of us knew how to sit in line, unlike last year when I had to tattle on them :)

While we were in line I noticed a lady wearing a shirt with a design that looked awfully familiar. So I tried nonchalantly to stare at it and figure out how I know it. Finally I realized where I saw it, it’s a pizza place here in Rogers. I’ve been there so many times, next to Via Napoli, it’s the best pizza I’ve eaten.

I was wondering if I would see anyone local while in Disney, guess that counts.

We finished by 8:25ish (see under the 20 minutes :) ) and we planned on doing Test Track as a walk on so we ventured off that away. So we made our way out of Soarin’ and see William sitting on the benches near the old fastpass machines, I wonder if he found his family, he was sitting by himself so who knows for certain. We make our way across the way to Test Track and get in line and notice it says 40 minutes, well we have nothing planned until 10:30 so who cares.

We met this really nice CM named Cornelius, he was from South Africa. He asked us how our ‘Family Reunion’ was going. I said good and he smiled and walked away.

We saw a squirrel again and again everyone got really excited. Wildlife, it’s not like you can see tigers and elephants or anything in Disneyworld :rolleyes:

I’ve never done Test Track as a walk on so it was fun to see everything. My Dad mentioned that the small children behind him kept hitting him in the bum. I told him to switch with me because when you work with 4/5 year olds, you get felt up on a regular basis, they don’t know any different, they just really want to get your attention, so they pat whatever body part is nearby :o:laughing:

We designed our awesome car.

Seriously, who wouldn’t mind driving that thing around town? ::yes::

We rode with a single rider and he was very quiet and proper, maybe we scared him ha ha.

We finish and since we have nothing really to do for awhile we decide to take a break and sit and people watch.

Ok see that custodial CM in the background. He was the best CM I met all trip, he was so nice and funny. He was singing songs, greeting each child that walked by, and telling everyone with a happy birthday button a ‘happy birthday’. So he kept us entertained for a while, then some birds came by and they kept us entertained for a while, really anything can keep us entertained for a while ha ha.

Our window opened so we walked over to Mission Space, along the way we saw a photopass person next to Buzz but there was a bird on his hand so I decided I didn’t want a picture with a random bird in it, so we would check back when we were done.

We rode green side, we pushed the buttons, we all survived and I said hello to Gary Sinise.

Now the bird was gone so we got a picture.

Since we knew we were going to walk a bunch that day we decided to take the Friendship boat to Germany and walk over to Italy.

We made it to Italy and checked in about 11, I knew the restaurant wasn’t open until 11:15 when our reservation was but I wanted to sit and wait while my Dad still decided what he wanted to eat. Now my Dad doesn’t eat cheese and he’s not really a fan of Italian food, but being my Dad all I had to do was say please and make puppy eyes and he agreed to eat there.

We were seated about 11:15 right along the window. We got our water and our server Benedetta came by shortly to take our order. She was great, she refilled our cups when they were empty and was really friendly. Of course I got the pizza and my dad got spaghetti with no cheese.

Ah man, I really want some more now, instead I ate salad for lunch today… :sad:

I got my pizza before my Dad got his spaghetti, now the polite thing to do would be to wait but, nope sorry I didn’t. My Dad got his spaghetti shortly after and he said “Hmm doesn’t seem like a lot”. Yeah didn’t get a picture of his food, I was too wound up in my pizza. I gave him some of my crust, because that’s about the only thing he will eat and he offered me some spaghetti but I passed because I was saving room for dessert.

My Dad got gelato and again I failed and didn’t get a picture, yeah I’m bad at life, when pizza and chocolate are involved :yay::love: but he ate about half and I had a spoonful.

We paid and made our way out. I stopped and got a picture and off to Spaceship Earth we go.

I smiled my Dad was not amused by living in space in the future ha ha :)

I stopped for the bathroom and my Dad said his toe was bothering him so I gave him a band aid and he checked. Yup it was a blister but it had already popped, so he put a band aid on and called it an afternoon.

I had planned on stopping for a Flower and Garden wristband gift card so we stopped at a kiosk and got one. Then we saw a photopass lady so we stopped.

We really didn’t have a plan for the afternoon besides food and walking. So off we went.

We stop and paid our respects to Maelstrom :laughing::rotfl:

The photopass lady laughed at me, and then offered to take some pictures :)

We went inside to get our traditional Norway picture :bounce:

What’s a stop to Norway without school bread? :worship:

Then off to China we went. I needed some strawberry oolong tea slush! So I told my Dad to go sit and I would come find him. So I got my tea and tried to find him but when I went back to where I told him to be, he wasn’t there. So I went everywhere looking for him and to no avail.
Thankfully, I finally did. So off we went again. But first another photopass picture.

We stopped in Germany and decided to settle on what our evening plans were. We really had nothing else to do and no plans until Illuminations, and we had another morning there tomorrow so we decided to call it an afternoon.

However, we had our 5 minutes of fame, well 5 minutes of photobombing. The bench we were sitting on was smack dab in front of Snow White and her 7 dwarfs. So every time someone tried to take a picture we were in the way. We would offer to move but people said no. I tried leaning when a man was taking his picture and he jokingly said “Don’t worry, I got you in like 5 of my other pictures, but you look great so don’t worry”

So we felt we were in enough of everyone else’s pictures that we should call it an afternoon now.

But we didn’t make it far because I did a happy dance and pushed people out of my way, because I saw Mexican Donald. Now he has been on my “Things to do in Disney” for 5 years now and we always miss him or the line is too long. Not this time!

I don’t know who was more excited, me or the little girl behind us who kept trying to go to the front of the line.

I was really happy clearly! :thumbsup2

It’s currently my background on my phone. We stopped on the way out and did some shopping, again because who doesn’t love more shirts and coffee cups.

We made it to our bus stop right as one was leaving and we didn’t feel like running so we decided to just wait until the next one. Luckily, we didn’t wait long because one showed up about 10 minutes later.

We get back to the room and I decide to make a drink run, so I grab our mugs and off I stroll. I get back to the room and my Dad asks me what is going on at home. Apparently the weather app had been going crazy with thunderstorm and tornado warnings. So I check facebook and the local news is streaming online so I watch it while my Dad watches the Orlando local news. While I’m watching my phone I stop and say “I know that voice” I look up at the tv and see Angela Taylor. She used to be an anchor on the Rogers/Bentonville local news and I thought she was great, and she’s a fan of Disney. I tweeted her about seeing her in Orlando but missing her in Rogers and she responded about it being nice. It even got retweeted by the superintendent from the Bentonville school district, I felt semi-famous.

Our only plans for the evening was Illuminations so we decided to head out about 6:30 to get dinner. But we left a little early and didn’t have to wait for a bus so we ended up walking into EPCOT about 6:30… Oh well more time for dinner shopping.

We stopped for a photopass picture on the way in because there wasn’t a line.

We had decided on Sunshine Seasons because I wanted strawberry shortcake and not a hamburger.

We sat down planned on taking our time so we ate, talked, listen to other people’s conversations. There was a table next to us that when they found out you got free refills, it was like Christmas, everyone took their cup and went.

We finished about 7:15 and that is eating slow and getting a refill. Since we had about an hour or so and didn’t plan on doing anymore rides for the evening so shopping we go.

I had been eyeing a Disney/Starbucks cup so I went to Fountianview. I had had my heart set on the ‘you are here’ mug but I knew walking in they would be sold out so I got the plastic tumbler. Let me say, I bought this with the idea of maybe using it a few times. I’ve used it multiple times every day.

We had about an hour until we were going to Illuminations so we planted ourselves between Fountianview and the Character Spot and people watched. Now maybe it’s because I’m old and don’t nap but it’s not fair how little kids have that much energy that late at night. I made a bathroom break and came back. Then my Dad went and came back, yes we live exciting lives.

Finally we decided to get in line about 8:00 so we make our way that way. We had a small traffic jam when people would see Anna and Elsa and instead of getting in line, they would just stop wherever they were. We see the huge line and then stop and decide whether or not to get in the line because there seemed to be too many people to fit in the spot they had last year, but we got in line anyways.

There were about 4 CM’s scanning magic bands to verify they had a fastpass or not. Apparently some lady decided she didn’t want to wait in line or scan her band because she just pushed between and no CM’s said anything. A man next to me did, something to the tune of “you’re supposed to scan your magic band” she just rolled her eyes and kept going.

We scan our bands and I notice that instead of the little spot they had last year, now it’s all of the front saved for fastpass. We made it over to a railing by the trashcan and I realize, I need to go to the bathroom again. Maybe refilling my tea at dinner wasn’t the best idea….

So it’s 8:30 and I decide “I’m going to the bathroom” so I ask the CM if I can and if it will let me back in and he reassures me that I will. I venture to the bathroom near the Refreshment Port, where every other woman in World Showcase was. Of course that’s the bathroom with 2 stalls and there were about 50 women in line :crowded:

I text my Dad “hopefully I make it back soon, there is 50 women in front of me”. He gave me the idea to use the men’s bathroom, to bad every guy was heading there too now. After what feels like an eternity, when in reality it was probably 10 minutes. I go, like I tell my kids, rush and flush.

I make it back and find my Dad and we sit and wait. Well more like lean and wait. 9 rolls around and it starts. Again, I’m envious of kids and their energy this late at night, they were running around and yelling. While I was struggling to stand up ha ha. There was a little girl who must have just seen fantasmic the day before because her job was to direct the fireworks, every time one went off, there she would go. It got to the point where I was watching her more than the show. My Dad thought leaving Fantasmic early was a good idea so we should plan to leave early for this too, but I knew it wasn’t a very long show. So I googled how long it was, yup 12 minutes long. So we decided to just wait it out and then tackle the crowd.

The show ended and we watched as people were leaving and I kept scratching and complaining of bug bites, so I look down and yeah I got a few bug bites. My Dad laughed at said “Yeah well I snorted it, yum protein” (TR option number 5)

I grab my starbucks cup that after playing around with my bag, realized it can fasten to the screwy attachment (love my highly technical language?) so I attach it and off we go.

We were maneuvering around people and even my Dad noticed that crowds looked loads better than last year he even mentioned “Look I can see the ground” (TR option 6, he seriously said it about 50 more times throughout the week)

A lovely attempt at walking and taking pictures….

We make it to our bus stop and see this…

Well what else can we do besides wait. So we do.

My Dad and I were guessing how many buses it would take to get us on, I said 5 he said 4, the guy next to us said 4 too. We were talking a bit with them about how many we think and how cramped they fill them when all of a sudden his son, screams, a 15ish year old boy screaming like one of the 4 year olds in my class. Apparently a frog fell on him, his whole family laughed at him and thought he was crazy, when he points and we all look over, yup a little tree frog, about the size of a golf ball was hopping around. He made it across the walkway without being ran over, a real life frogger.

A bus shows up and they starting loading up. I look up ahead and see a guy I saw and heard the night before. I didn’t mention it but I will after the fact. The night before, we were loading up on the bus and the driver wanted the standing people to be 2 to an aisle so we can fit more people on the bus. Well this gentleman didn’t, he took up the aisle standing, granted he was probably 6”5’. So the bus driver calls him out over the intercom and asks him to move over to make more room, he proceeded to tell her he wasn’t going to because he didn’t want to be and I quote hoping I don’t upset or offend some “butts to nuts” with the man next to him. I know I shouldn’t laugh because it really wasn’t funny, but when something rhymes, it automatically becomes funnier. The lady next to us didn’t, she seemed a little worried he would get snippier with the bus driver, but the driver didn’t push him to move so we all just went back to talking about our day.

Ok back to EPCOT, so I see this man and I’m worried he won’t get a bus. Luckily that bus left about 4 people in front of him so I know he will get a seat on the next one. No outbursts tonight. The second bus pulls up and we’re still debating whether or not they will fit us on this one and they did somehow. It was cramped but we made it back to our room about 10. I grabbed our mugs and went to refill them, talking to my Mom along the way. I let her know our plans for the next day and told her good night. I got back to the room, packed up the park bag for the next day, checked social media to see how bad the storms were that went through, there was some damage and a few baby tornados but nothing major thankfully, and called it a night about midnight.

Last edited:

I am enjoying your report, I also love the pepperoni pizza at Vi Napoli yummy, we just had it about one week ago. It looks like you and your dad have a good touring plan. That was great getting the 3 extra fast passes the first day, they were good ones to.

I am enjoying your report, I also love the pepperoni pizza at Vi Napoli yummy, we just had it about one week ago. It looks like you and your dad have a good touring plan. That was great getting the 3 extra fast passes the first day, they were good ones to.

I have dreams about that pizza :lovestruc We meaning I :P My Dad jokes that he planned the trips when I was younger so it makes sense I do the planning now ;) :goodvibes Which is fine for the most part, but at the beginning there is always a lot of "What do you want to do?" followed by "I don't care what do you want to do?" But it works well :)

Love your report. I was there the same time as you and can't help but looking to see if we're in the background of your pics lol.

Gotta love everyone rooting for the bird. What a good boy he was building his nest!! I’m sorry, but I would have laughed, too, at the people who fell on the escalator. I bet they were the ones trying to beat everyone else, huh? Well, how do you like me now!! LOL! I just love Soarin --- my whole family does! It’s so peaceful and calm! I love the ocean scenes! And the smells of the oranges.

How do you feel about the “new” Test Track? I liked the old version better with the crash test dummies. My husband loved the queue for that as it had all kinds of car parts and he loves fixing cars! Yes, your design is awesome. We tend to make the most hideous car we can to see how it does! I must say with the new TT, we do enjoy taking photos at the end. I usually lie on the ground and Victoria pretends she hits me!

I must say you got so many nice Photopass pictures. I never seem to see a lot of the photographers, but I still buy Memory Maker. I actively hunt for the photogs too. Oh well, better luck this September to me!

We’ve never eaten at Via Napoli and it’s not on the list for September, either. Maybe in 2016. Your pizza looks amazing and I would definitely love it! Victoria loves pasta and so does Peter, so I think this will have to be a must do!

I love your Spaceship Earth photo. Yep, your Dad sure does look like he’s not impressed. Too funny!!

I can’t believe the nerve of the woman who didn’t wait in line or scan her band. I just wish some of the CM’s would care enough about the rules to enforce them! I’m glad one of the visitor’s said something, although it didn’t do any good. Some people are just totally slugs and that’s insulting the slugs!!! Sorry Slugs!!

The real-life little tree frog sounds so cute!!! I love nature…..well, I can do without the bug bites.

OMG!!! “butts to nuts”….. hey, I don’t blame him one bit! There are some people that really have an issue with their personal space being violated and he was just one of those people! “butts to nuts” --- should have been the TR title number whatever we are at during this point!!! LOL!

I’m really enjoying your report!!!

Love your report. I was there the same time as you and can't help but looking to see if we're in the background of your pics lol.

Thanks! :) I totally do the same thing too! I always look to see if I'm in the background, so far I haven't seen myself in anyone else's. :magnify:

Gotta love everyone rooting for the bird. What a good boy he was building his nest!! I’m sorry, but I would have laughed, too, at the people who fell on the escalator. I bet they were the ones trying to beat everyone else, huh? Well, how do you like me now!! LOL! I just love Soarin --- my whole family does! It’s so peaceful and calm! I love the ocean scenes! And the smells of the oranges.

How do you feel about the “new” Test Track? I liked the old version better with the crash test dummies. My husband loved the queue for that as it had all kinds of car parts and he loves fixing cars! Yes, your design is awesome. We tend to make the most hideous car we can to see how it does! I must say with the new TT, we do enjoy taking photos at the end. I usually lie on the ground and Victoria pretends she hits me!

I must say you got so many nice Photopass pictures. I never seem to see a lot of the photographers, but I still buy Memory Maker. I actively hunt for the photogs too. Oh well, better luck this September to me!

We’ve never eaten at Via Napoli and it’s not on the list for September, either. Maybe in 2016. Your pizza looks amazing and I would definitely love it! Victoria loves pasta and so does Peter, so I think this will have to be a must do!

I love your Spaceship Earth photo. Yep, your Dad sure does look like he’s not impressed. Too funny!!

I can’t believe the nerve of the woman who didn’t wait in line or scan her band. I just wish some of the CM’s would care enough about the rules to enforce them! I’m glad one of the visitor’s said something, although it didn’t do any good. Some people are just totally slugs and that’s insulting the slugs!!! Sorry Slugs!!

The real-life little tree frog sounds so cute!!! I love nature…..well, I can do without the bug bites.

OMG!!! “butts to nuts”….. hey, I don’t blame him one bit! There are some people that really have an issue with their personal space being violated and he was just one of those people! “butts to nuts” --- should have been the TR title number whatever we are at during this point!!! LOL!

I’m really enjoying your report!!!

Yes the bird, it seriously kept us occupied forever! That night when we left we saw the twigs on the floor so he either found other twigs or gave up on it for the day :) I got the regular photopass the first year and the photopass+/memory maker the last 3 times and I really do love it :thumbsup2 the ride photos are usually worth it in the long run. I would have told her something but I didn't want to start something :laughing: I can imagine having to tell the story of getting in a fight in Disney World :laughing::crutches:I always laugh at my Dad, I say smile and he says that that is his smiling face :) Yeah the bug bites were annoying :worried: I couldn't help but laugh at the butts to nuts story :laughing: It still makes me smile. Thanks for following along I feel like I have a new friend :laughing::wave2:

I've had this day typed out for a while but that pesky work thing got in the way, well that and playoff hockey so I got sidetracked a bit :Pinkbounc So I'm posting this and eating my lunch at the same time popcorn::

Day 5 3-25

We knew we were hitting EPCOT again today and we also knew that until 9:30 we didn’t have any fastpasses so we planned on sleeping in a little. So I wake up thinking “hey I’m awake before the alarm cool” then I look over at the clock and squint because I’m totally blind without my glasses, and see 7:00. Wait what? 7?? I stumble around and get up and ask my Dad why the alarm didn’t go off he told me he turned it off around 5. Luckily I still got up at a reasonable time.

So we get dressed and make our way to the bus stop about 8:30 and wait.

8:23 according to the time stamp on the picture.

We were going to wait until an empty bus so we wouldn’t have to stand, not that we really mind standing but we’re not in a hurry so we decided to just wait. We didn’t wait long because we were on a bus and pulling up to EPCOT about 8:50 and through the front gate at exactly 9:00.

Our fastpasses for the day were:

Soarin’ 9:35-10:35

Character Spot 10:40-11:40
Figment 1:20-2:20

Since we had no plans for a half an hour we decided to go see Nemo and Friends since my Dad hasn’t seen it since it was the Living Seas. Of course it said 10 minutes standby and even the CM said it’s a walk-on. We made our way through the maze of the line and several times my Dad kept talking about how it never seems to end. A lot of times I heard “Is this the end?” (Possible trip report title number 7) We got in our clamshell and even though I haven’t been on the ride in 2 years, I knew every line because I’ve seen Nemo a bazillion times, sometimes I think my Dad laughs at me because I tell him I know every line but until I sing along every time I think he thinks I’m bluffing. :rotfl:

We get to the end and I wanted to go look at the manatees because I think they are the cutest darn things ever. But they weren’t there, they must have been out swimming :sad1:

So we go visit Bruce, because what’s a trip to see Nemo and not take the traditional picture.

We stopped to look at the fish in the aquarium and then decided to head out.

We get to Soarin’ right as our window opens, we scan our bands and off to California we go. I love Soarin’, every time someone asks me “What’s your favorite ride?” I always say Soarin’ is in the top 3. Overall it’s just amazing, and the seatbelts unclicking at the end is probably why it’s in the top 3.

We finish around 10 and we decide to grab a snack since we don’t have lunch reservations at Le Cellier until 12:30.

I don’t know why but our snack always turns into a meal. We were going to use a quick service credit but we decided to pay out of pocket. We take our breakfast and go sit and relax.

Yes I got chocolate milk again because what’s breakfast without chocolate milk.

We finish breakfast and make a tinkle break, then make our way to meet some characters. Originally we weren’t going to meet any of them at EPCOT but we needed a fastpass so why not.

We scan our bands and get in line. Not long after it was time to meet Mickey but as we were standing at the doorway Mickey took a break. When he comes back out the handler tells him “Mickey you’re back” and for some random reason Mickey decides to break out into the robot.

My Dad wanted a picture of just him and Mickey so he can send my Nana. So the photopass guy took one.

Then my Dad was going to give me his phone to take one and he was trying to hurry and he couldn’t get his phone unlocked. Mickey found it humorous.:laughing:

And of course he was in the middle of a blink. Luckily the one I took of him with his phone he wasn’t blinking.

Then the photopass guy asked me if I wanted to take one too, I hadn’t planned on it and I didn’t want to hold up the line but I said sure why not.

Note my homemade shirt. Gotta love Pinterest inspired snow day projects :thumbsup2:)

Next was Goofy.

What’s not to love about Goofy?

Next was the main lady herself, Minnie.

We made our way out at 11 and still had time until lunch so we were thinking of what else we could do until then…

By the way, I’m really glad we did the Character Spot, yes I’m almost 30 but it’s still enjoyable to meet the characters :lovestruc

We saw Figment had a 15 minute wait and we had a fastpass for later but why not use it now?

I haven’t done Figment in about 2 years and my Dad hasn’t since 2000. He asked me if anything has changed... nope still the same.

While in line I decided to change our fastpass for something else on the way out. But all it showed was spaceship earth so I clicked it and the only time it had was 6:30 and I didn’t have an option to change the time. Oh well, we had planned on a half day here anyways and we had already done it so no biggie.

Granted it’s been 2 years but I still knew all the words and yes I did sing along the whole time.

I stop to buy a plush magnetic Figment magnet. P.S. I love that thing, he’s so cute. He’s standing on my microwave and watches me every day make dinner.

We stopped at the benches outside Captain EO and the popcorn stand, to sit and people watch.

Or if you’re me, take a selfie and people watch.

(Yeah it’s obvious I got some sun, which was what I really wanted, a tan)

We decided about noon that we would head to Canada and get checked in for lunch. But first my Dad decided to take a bathroom break so I figured I would go take some pictures of the Sorcerer Mickey topiary then catch my Dad when he walked by.

Cropping around people

With people

Look no people

Look it’s my Dad :)

He had gone the other way to where we were sitting to find me but didn’t see me and I came over here to find him. Oh well, we both meant well ha ha.

I stopped for some pictures along the way to Canada.

We made our way into World Showcase and what’s not to love about this sight?

The low crowds at 12 were nice. Now we could really see the difference in crowds from last year.

We checked in a bit after 12 and they said they would seat us when they open at 12:30.

They came out and sang O Canada then followed by the “What always follows that? Let’s play hockey” and of course my Dad and I laugh and he says “Time to drop the puck” and one of the CM’s smiled, fellow hockey fans are great.

We get called back and were seated in the same exact seats as last time. Except this time our server was Matt, he was nice.

And like last year, my Dad took a piece of pretzel bread before I took a picture, so we just pushed that farther down and no one can tell ha ha.

Is it me or are the bowls smaller??

Hello old friend :lovestruc

Since we’re on the dining plan we get dessert. I finished all but a bite or two of my lunch because I wanted dessert. My Dad ordered the chocolate mousse, I had told him forever that when I had ordered it they formed it to the shape of a mousse. I ordered the grapefruit cake.

Our desserts came out and my Dad’s wasn’t a mousse. I was a little bummed but my dessert looked good. I couldn’t help but say “Ohh super fancy” (possible title number 8)

My Dad said his mousse was good, rich but good. My grapefruit cake was really bitter, more bitter then sweet. I had picked it because it was new and something I haven’t had before but I should have stuck with crème Brule. Oh well we get our bill and I tell our server that I’m paying for the soup out of pocket, so I give him my band and the money for the soup. He comes back laughing because he apparently pushed the wrong button and gave himself a .01 tip. We laughed and I ended up leaving him an additional tip, and we made our way out.

I took some picutres on the way out.

We had no plans now besides be finding alcohol ha ha. I had 2 things on my list :)

We stopped for some pictures in London.

I stopped in Italy for the La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush that was sold out last time. This time they had it.

Yay :cloud9::love:

We decided to stop because I wanted frushi but I wanted to finish my slush first so we hit the gift shop. I was deciding for a while if I wanted another pearl or not, but in the end I decided against it. But we stopped and watched someone else pick theirs. When the CM asked the lady to count in Japanese she told her she didn’t know how, so she asked the crowd if anyone knew. Why yes I do, so I count in Japanese, which I do in my class and the kids love it. The CM and the lady were so proud of me.

Last edited:
We kept walking, I didn’t have anything particular in mind here but I knew I wanted to buy something. So I made it to the back where they have the kitchen stuff and I find a cute owl plate. As I’m walking I’m not chugging per say but drinking enthusiastically my drink as I was shopping. I purchase my plate and we make our way out so I can get my frushi, but first to throw my empty cup away.

I ask my Dad if he wants any and he says no so I eat it all, it was so yummy.

Not centered picture, another walk and push the button picture ha ha

Since we were done on this side we were going to take the boat from Germany to Mexico and get a margarita and head out. But for some reason the boat wasn’t working so we just walked.

We make it to Mexico, sorry no pictures as we were walking.

We decide to visit my friends…

This ride reminds me of when my cousin Elisa and I were obsessed with this movie as children. She’s getting married in July and I’m really thinking of mentioning our obsessions with Disney movies ha ha.

After our fun boat ride I made my way to get my margarita.

I picked the Maelstrom one, it was pretty good. The bartender gave me a free extra shot.

I posted this on Instagram.

I love how they interact with their fans on Instagram and twitter :love:

I drank some of my margarita and then we decided to call it an afternoon. We moseyed on out, but I got stopped by someone wanting me to do a survey about our meal so I stopped and did that. On the way out I tossed by empty margarita cup in the trash. Yeah I drank enthusiastically the whole thing by the time I got to the exit.

We bid farewell to EPCOT until next time and made it to the bus stop. We laughed as we walked because that poor kid got attacked by a tree frog the night before “Watch out for kamikaze frogs” (option 9) we didn’t wait long thankfully, a bus showed up about 10 minutes later.

My Dad laughed at me and kept asking if I needed help off the bus. Come on, I know I’m not 21 anymore but I’ll be fine ha ha. Honestly I’m at that age where if I have a glass or 2 of wine or alcohol all it does is make me sleepy ha ha. Last year I took a nap and my Dad took a wonderful sleepy picture of me, this time I wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction, so we watched tv and relaxed. I may have closed my eyes for a bit not no official nap.

We lay around until about 6:30 and decide to head out. At the bus stop we were the only people in line then 3 minutes later, there were about 20. The family from the night before, the one with the crazy tree frog, were behind us. We ended up waiting 15 minutes until the bus shows up and off we go. My Dad and I were talking about the construction that was going on but we didn’t plan on heading that far so we might see it all.

Shortly after 7 we walked into DTD.

We knew we planned on Earl of Sandwich for dinner so we made our way that way. We get in line and like always there is a long line but it was moving fast. My Dad decides to go find a seat outside where it’s not as busy and I’ll order. I get my pager, cups, and take the chips to my Dad. When I go back to fill our cups our order is ready.

I had been thinking about what I wanted, but finally decided in line.

I had heard stories about it but wasn’t sure what I wanted, but I’m glad I got it. It was so good! :worship:

I made a bathroom break during dinner, I drank too much lemonade and needed to be able to shop in peace.

We hit the Co-Op and I bought the chalk print coffee cup, love it. My grandparents give the grandkids $100 every Christmas in cash with directions to spend it on us, not bills or groceries. Last year I bought my Vera Bradley make up bag and 2 Alex and Ani bracelets. So while looking in the Co-Op I go to the Vera Bradley wristlet in the teal and brownish print, I think it’s called Perfect Petals. I had been eyeing it online for a while but never bought it, then I saw it in store and said “must have” :)

We hit the World of Disney with more shopping in mind. We wander around a bit. I grabbed some pencils because I’m the mean teacher who gave my class homework over spring break and I told them if they bring it back I will give them a pencil. I buy a baby onesie for a friend who just had a baby. Then I hit the jewelry section. I knew I was going to buy some Alex and Ani bracelets so I head that way and look. I decided on the 2015 and Tangled ones. But I asked about the new Cinderella one and the CM laughed at me, literally laughed and said “yeah no, they’ve been sold out since we got them” Oh well thought I would ask. My Dad ended up buying them for me because my Mom told him to buy me something. How nice, thanks Mom :lovestruc

We tackled the crowds again looking for shirts. I had been eyeing the grey plain WDW shirt, I didn’t want it in pink or orange but grey. I guess everyone else wanted one too because they were sold out in the size I wanted so I ended up buying a different shirt.

I made my purchases and then we hit Goofy’s Candy Store, my Dad wanted a caramel apple and I wanted a rice Krispy treat. We made our purchases and made it out.

We got to the bus stop about 9:30 and back to the room about 10. I call my Mom and tell her about our day and the plan for tomorrow, calling it a night around 12.

Last edited:
P.S. I'm sorry the font's are all different colors and sizes :sad2: I didn't write down which ones I used for them, so know I change it everytime:confused3. Plus I had to make the font bigger because my old lady eyes couldn't see very well :laughing:

That custodian CM in Epcot by Test Track is awesome...we saw him last June when we were there. He is definitely one of the Disney hidden gems. We looked for him again when we were there earlier this month but didn't find him...I'm glad he's still around:)

Joining in on the fun, although I'm a bit late! I hope you're feeling better!

I so wanted to get frushi when I was there and of course I kept saying I will come back and I never did, glad you liked it. Looks like you accomplished much again on your Epcot and downtown disney day. My daughter got her first two Alex and Ani bracelets this past trip and she loves them. Your dad looks happy with the head mouse!

Love your TR! The picture are amazing. You're making me think I should buy memory maker.

How cool that you and your dad are so close that you go to WDW just the two of you!

:hyper2: OF COURSE WE ARE FRIENDS NOW!!!! I totallyagree with the photo op in Bruce’s mouth is a definite must do!! When I try to do it, there’s a whole bunch of kids around like it’s only for kids! Unbelievable! (LOL). I love this picture of you! I think walking around all the tanks is quite soothing. Sometimes I can get really good pics and other times they look like this massive blur. Hey, I try! Oh, I just love Soarin! I get so excited to listen to our flight attendant Patrick give our safety instructions. I don’t understand what you mean by “the seatbelts unclicking at the end is probably why it’s in the top 3”. I think that sound is horrible --- it means the ride is over. Very sad! My family always asks for the top row so there are no feet above us. Spoiled, aren’t we? Yeah, I love your “snack”!! Too funny!! But I think it’s totally reasonable since you didn’t mention that you had eaten anything for breakfast. You are lucky that Dad is so willing to meet the characters. I practically have to drag my family!! Of course it’s not cool enough for my 17 year old, but she deals with it. She tells me that she is the adult when we are in Disney and realistically, she’s right! I have the Disney Visa this year so I’m planning on using the Disney Visa meet & greet. Maybe if the Character Spot has a short wait we’ll do that. This time around my 75 year old mother will be with us (yes, in a matching Mickey tie dye shirt!!) so we’ll just have to have photographic evidence!! LOL!!! You’d have to know my Mom in order to realize how “out of her comfort zone” she is if she isn’t dressed to impress and her hair is perfect. Yeah, she is nothing like me as far as that goes. So, her in that tee is going to be a riot!!! You look so happy in those pictures and I absolutely love that Mickey thought your Dad’s phone not working was funny!!

Ok, waiting on more updates now!!!
Yep, I still enjoy riding Figment. He’s such a cutie! Would you believe I don’t have any Figment merchandise….oh, I will definitely have to fix that this time! I’ve seen sweatshirts that have the wings on them. Maybe that would be a good thing to buy!
Le Cellier sounds amazing but honestly, for the portion sizes they give you (as viewed in pictures) I don’t think it’s worth the money. Now, I’ve never eaten there, so I don’t know the quality, but I’m thinking I’d walk away from that meal hungry. And I’m French Canadian, so you would think out of all the times I’ve been to WDW, I would have tried it! Maybe I’m wrong, though. I love your pictures of all the flowers out. I was there during the Flower & Garden Festival last year and it was all so beautiful! We try to go during low crowds during September, but I’ve also been in March and in 2016 we are going towards the end of April. March was horribly crowded! Ugh! I love that you guys are such big hockey fans. I used to be (I know, I know --- what is this with the “used to be” stuff??!) I was a hockey cheerleader in high school for 2 years and then the statistician for my senior year. Since I’m from Maine, I bet you can guess which team is my favorite, and no, it’s not Vancouver! LOL!
I just had to look up La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush. Ugh…..I was thinking it was just going to be a wine slushie, but with all that alcohol in it, I couldn’t possibly drink it. My hubby and I don’t drink, although I love beer and champagne!!!! I think it would burn my throat!! It looks good, though! Ok, we REALLY don’t share the same tastes in food as I would hate frushi! I am not a sushi eater whatsoever so the thought of adding that with fruit just don’t do it for me. You looked happy about it though, so that’s what matters…..
Knee, itchie, sun!!!! I always pick a pearl when I’m there. Someday I will have enough to string to make a bracelet!!
I think it’s funny your Dad thought you needed help off the bus! You are so lucky to have that close relationship to your Dad. I lost my dad to a heart attack in November 2002 and it’s still very hard. I was Daddy’s little girl (I’m the only girl and the youngest) so our relationship was special. Then when I had my daughter, they had an even more special bond! It’s too bad she’s starting to forget him, but I have lots and lots of pictures in scrapbooks for her to remember him. She was almost 5 when he died. Anyways……enough of that tangent!!
Your evening at DTD looks wonderful. Now I only have one Alex & Ani bracelet and it’s the silver DVC one. Apparently I was one of the few lucky ones that was able to get it when it went on sale in February. They are currently sold old. I do have a Pandora bracelet that I plan on buying some Disney park charms this September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter