We DO make a difference! First the arm, next CRV!

I agree, MOVE THAT BUS-er, MOVE THAT HAT!!

I don't like the hat at MGM either...
As for the arm, I can take it or leave it.....

deerh

Top 10 Reasons I'm ecstatic the arm and wand are coming down.

10) After the celebration, I wanted the hand down, and that's the millenium celebration.
9) The ball IS the ball. The largest free-standing geodesic sphere in the world.
8) It's simplicity IS it's beauty, an icon unto itself as the entrance to Futureworld.
7) Spaceship Earth is SPACESHIP Earth. Both metaphorically and literally.
6) Who ever heard of a spaceship with a hand attached?
5) Who ever heard of the Earth with a hand attached?
4) The removal of the arm and wand might hasten the removal of the poorly-designed, economically-driven yet a financial failure tombstones surrounding the base to a more appropriate location.
3) Returning Spaceship Earth to its original state might signify Epcot is returning to its roots as EPCOT Center, a showcase for ingenuity and exploration.
2) I don't need a wand to tell me I'm at Epcot.
1) I am sure others don't, either.

Regards

Out of everything of the Disney Parks......Those tombstones are worse, most unsightly, and non-disney things at WDW. The are just cold. Totally ruin any sight line looking into Epcot.

Everytime we enter into and exit EPCOT, my wife has to hear for 5 minutes how much i hate and dispise those things. There is plenty of room for them, to the right of the entrance.

Did I just write this?

Now I don't have to! I guess I am not the only one.

NO, NO, don't take the LEAVE a LEGACY!!! Our pictures are on the first pier on the right as you come in through the turnstyles, and it is our tradition to go touch our photo first thing each trip!!

We're on there, too, but I wouldn't mind if they just moved the plaques someplace so we could still see them. There are so many open spaces on the existing structures that they seem like a waste of a great space. I'd love to see a year-round garden space in its place...

I love the hand and arm. Okay, if not at EPCOT, then maybe they could find someplace in the Studios or MK to put it.

My 2 DS's who were 9 and 11 back in 1999 are on the Leave a Legacy stone closest to SSE on the left hand side. We always go up to the stone and laugh at how they've changed (now being 19 and 17). They're up near the top near the bald guy with a beard. As long as they're still at Epcot it doesn't matter where they put them.

I wouldn't mind if they moved the Leave a Legacy but don't get rid of it altogether. I have my families pictures on there. My son and I are together and he was 10 months old.

I wouldn't mind if they moved the Leave a Legacy but don't get rid of it altogether. I have my families pictures on there. My son and I are together and he was 10 months old.

Totally agree- we have our youngest son and oldest grandchild on one of the tiles- they are 9 months apart in age - and we check it out every trip.

Top 10 Reasons I'm ecstatic the arm and wand are coming down.

5) Who ever heard of the Earth with a hand attached?

Regards

Atlas maybe??

Atlas.jpg

Atlas maybe??

Atlas.jpg

ahhh...touché! but at least his hands are supporting the Earth and not holding a wand over the top of it.

As I understand it, with the success of The Seas makeover, here is Lasseter's most recent plan for Spaceship Earth:

spaceshipearth_mikew.jpg

photo and touch up courtesy of Werner Weiss and his Yesterland site!

Regards

I just wanted to thank anybody and everybody who viewed this thread. It's the first one with me as OP that has surpassed the 1,000 views threshold and if I wasn't about to tear up right now, I'd mention everybody who has viewed the thread personally. :sad:

Oh wait, I shouldn't have written that I have access to that, should I have? :rolleyes1 ...j/k

Regardless, many thanks again! Almost as many as I'm giving Jim MacPhee for bringing down the arm and in an attempt to get him to okay an EPCOT 25th Anniversary Celebration. I'd even take a one-day "let's look forward to the future of Futureland and World Showcase" commemoration at this point, even though the park is deserving of so much more!

Sincerely,
Dan

p.s. plus a little bump never hurts

I must admit, I have gotten used tohe ARM.
I think the HAT could be in a better location.
I don't have a tombstone, but it would not be fair for those who do to totally get rid of them. Maybe Disney can place all of these items in DD and call it the land of misfit props!1
Nothing could ever be as bad as THE CAKE CASTLE!! That was horrid,

I'm one the few that don't mind the arm at all. The tombstones however are an eyesore. I also don't mind the sorcerer's hat at MGM
Oh well what do I know?

I realize that I'm in the minority, but I actually like the arm and wand. As far as the hat, that's a whole 'nother story, but I'm going to miss the EPCOT arm and wand.

I'm with you, We also have our picture on the LAL and we like it. I have no idea everyone hated them SOOOOO much. We don't mind them. We don't really go in that way very much anyways.

My 2 DS's who were 9 and 11 back in 1999 are on the Leave a Legacy stone closest to SSE on the left hand side. We always go up to the stone and laugh at how they've changed (now being 19 and 17). They're up near the top near the bald guy with a beard. As long as they're still at Epcot it doesn't matter where they put them.

We're up there too and our two children are the exact same age as yours and we just have to look at them every time we go. If they have to be moved, ok, but I hope they don't just get rid of them. The arm and hand never bothered me but I don't like the hat taking away the view of the theatre when you're walking up the street. :)

I think the wand added some whimsy to the Epcot entrance. I like it and am sad it's being dismantled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter