We DO make a difference! First the arm, next CRV!

The biggest problem with the arm and wand is that they are a "BAD SHOW" it looks like someone glued a cardboard cut-out onto a construction crane and propped it up against the sphere. The sphere offers majesty to the landscape, the "whimsical" arm just cheapens it to a glittery "vegas-like" quality. yuck.

The tombstones:
we too have an engraving. But, we'd be just as happy to have the metal sheet it is on placed in another, less-obtrusive location.
When i watch all the re-runs of the ABC Friday-night-line-up shows (they ALL went to WDW) you see the outside entrance to Epcot in it's glory with a gorgeous garden, fountain, and SSE in the background. It really was a sight to behold. The entrance to EPCOT had life and energy. It was artistically dynamic.
Now, with the tombstones jutting out of the ground, there is less fluidity because the jagged rocks disrupt the movement.

Pennyguy23
We don't mind them. We don't really go in that way very much anyways.
--very telling.

Also- from the WS side, try setting up a picture through one of those kodak photo-op locations (the one in Japan comes to mind - it's an arch-type thingy , don't know the proper name for it). The frame is unbalanced with the presence of the arm because the juxtaposition of the curved sphere within the straight lines becomes skewed.

I just want to agree with several others that I hope the HAT at MGM is next to bite the dust! It totally ruins the theme of MGM...you know...Hollywood, the Chinese Theatre. TOTALLY out of place, just as the arm was.

.......the juxtaposition of the curved sphere within the straight lines becomes skewed....

geez, & i thought it just looked "stinky"!!
;)

last month, DD & i were surprised to see pics of ourselves, as well as everyone we know, on the tombstones. oddly, not one of us had ever bought a tile..... :confused3

:rolleyes1

Originally Posted by rantnnravin
.......the juxtaposition of the curved sphere within the straight lines becomes skewed....

geez, & i thought it just looked "stinky"!!
;)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm happy to hear this!

Does anyone know what happened to all of the flags that used to be flying from all of the nations when you walk into Epcot? This spring we took the monorail and entered through the front gate of Epcot just to see this again. We usually enter through the Int'l Gateway now. There were no flags or music... just not as impressive as I remember it 4 years ago.

I can't get that song by The Lovin Spoonful out of my head....Do you Believe in Magic...hmmm,hmm,hmmm,hmmm :hippie:

DSC04860_Large_small.JPG
webDSC04919_small.jpg

With these letters coming down so fast after the announcement, I can't imagine the whole structure will take 3 months to come down! :woohoo:

Regards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter