We did THE KITCHEN SINK!!

MELSMICE

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be
While we were there last week we finally tried The Kitchen Sink. We had so much fun with it. DH was mortified though when they made the big announcement that "5 piggies" were going to try & finish it - which we were unable to do!!! :eek:

Anyway, it was fun & definitely something I'm glad we tried. It was a fun afternoon for us & our 3 DD's. I would recommend it in place of lunch anytime!!!

Woo hoo! One day, we just have to try one of those. ::yes::

We were 4 adults and couldn't finish either but had fun trying.::yes:: :wave2:

OK, what would The Kitchen Sink be, and where is it? We LOVE a Chalenge;) .

finished & wanted more... 2 adults, 1 teen, & 2 kids.... all female except for teen.... so we didn't have hearty boy appitites with us LOL.....:crazy:

The Kitchen Sink is a HUGE ice cream dessert at Beaches and Cream, in the Beach Club resort. We've never tried it. However, I read so much about Beaches & Cream that last trip I walked my family all the way from the Swan to Beach Club, thinking it was something really special. Be forwarned--Beaches & Cream is a tiny little snack shop. there's barely room to turn around in there. There's only about four booths, and the wait was about half an hour for one. That was at a slow season! The tables are the old fashioned soda shop type, but barely big enough for two people and two sodas. We found the booths to be small and cramped, too. We went there because we had Connections vouchers which were supposed to be an exceptional value at B&C. Well, they were a great value for the prime rib sandwich, but they were all out of it when we got there. Everything else on the menu was less than the price of the vouchers. All in all, a waste of an evening, except for the stroll along the boardwalk. Honestly, I don't see why B&C gets so many rave reviews. If you're staying at the hotel it might be nice to stop by but don't go out of your way for it. Insofar as the Kitchen Sink, well, its just ice cream (albeit a LOT!). You can get nice ice cream desserts just about anywhere. IMHO, don't waste your time here.

I had to respond to this thread. We didn't have the kitchen sink. No way could DD and I do it justice.
We did go there two times last week to eat. We also had Q&C vouchers and wanted to use them.
The first trip DD had a cheeseburger, fries, coke and a double dip ice cream cone. I had hamburger, onion rings, ice tea, and a double dip ice cream cone. Our bill was 28 bucks without tip. Vouchers were $11.50 each. So we saved a bit using two vouchers.
We liked it so much we went back the next day. DD had another cheesburger, but had onion rings and coke. Only a single scoop ice cream cone for dessert.
I had the chicken ceasar salad (wonderful) and an ice tea, and a single scoop ice cream cone. The bill was 30+ bucks before tip. So we did fine again with two vouchers.
I would sure go again and not hesitate to order more vouchers for my next trip! ( and we walked all the way from the Dolphin both times :) )

Snack Shop? Four booths?

Don't forget the tables.

I love Beaches & Cream. The cheeseburgers are awesome and the atmosphere is worth the prices you pay.

The Kitchen Sink is "just ice cream?????" :eek:

Well, I guess you probably think WDW is just an amusement park.:smooth:

Ok, then, I guess I had the wrong place, B&C is a banquet hall! Actually, I don't even think they had four booths. and the tables are just big enough for two sodas. I just thought I'd like to present another view of B&C. It seems everyone on this board is in love with it. I felt I was mislead as to what to expect. IMHO, its not worth going out of your way for. If you're there, fine, just don't plan an evening,or part of a day around it. I sure would have appreciated reading such a post before setting out for what I was led to believe was a super special place. Oh, and just what is the Kitchen Sink, if not ice cream? B&C seems to have an almost cult-like following, and I can't figure out why. Big Deal!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes, Beaches & Cream is a small soda shop. I'm assuming that's the atmospher Disney was going for.

The Kitchen Sink, however, is not just ice cream:

It is:

8 scoops of ice cream
hot fudge topping
carmel topping
peanut butter topping
butterschotch topping
marshmallow topping (I think - hard to tell)
sponge cake
oreo cookies
fudge brownies
chocolate chips
milky way bites
snicker bites
chocolate chips
strawberries & strawberry topping
bananas
peanuts & almond slices
cherries
& a WHOLE CAN OF WHIPPED CREAM

Everyone has their own opinion about everything. We had fun as a family & really enjoyed it. We had been wanting to try it for a while & finally decided to do it.

We had fun & I would still recommend it to people. It's a fun place to eat - not luxurious, but fun! :teeth:

I agree! it is just a soda shop, but the food and atmosphere is wonderful. We like it, and always go out of our way to go there.:wave2:

My DS, 11 can't wait to have a Kitchen Sink! :teeth:

He thinks he will be able to eat it all by himself! :earseek:

WE finished the Kitchen Sink and more!!!!

However, we are ice cream lovers and looked at the Kitchen sink as 2 scoops each plus the other stuff..

If you like ice cream, then Beaches and Cream is a fun place to stop at..

If we don;t go to B and C we go to DTD to Ghiredelli's..

Must have the ice cream fix...

Does this place take priority seating reservations? I was thinking about trying it on our upcoming trip!

Originally posted by faithfull
Does this place take priority seating reservations? I was thinking about trying it on our upcoming trip!

No, it does not.

How much is the Kitchen sink going for now a days?

The $22.99 price can be considered a bargain. When we ordered one, our family of four (including 2 small children) all shared a Kitchen Sink for lunch. A very filling lunch for four (although woefully lacking in nutrition!) for $23 plus tax and tip at WDW is pretty reasonable. Also, you can't put a price on seeing the look on our kids' faces when we told them that we were having ice cream for lunch!

We did it for "lunch" also - there were 5 of us. You're right, the look on their faces, we'll, actually DH's face was worth every penny! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter