We are heading to Haiti.....

mommy2mrb

Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!
got the dates for the orphanage grand opening....

January 4 -6 and we will be staying two nights at the orphanage...am excited, apprehensive and scared all at the same time, but we are ready to go and see Haiti! Will be visiting the memorial garden at the Hotel Montana site and the school where the kids will be going.

now to figure out all our flights too and from Newark where the group will be meeting up on the 4th and then we will fly all together to Haiti!

please keep us in your prayers!

Now that's an amazing trip Lisa! Is there anything they need that a small group of Girl Scouts could do for a service project?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Lisa, this will truly be a cathartic trip for both of you! How large is the group that is going?

Hugs....

Now that's an amazing trip Lisa! Is there anything they need that a small group of Girl Scouts could do for a service project?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I feel the same way Jennifer....I must be feeling some peace about it, I slept the entire night through from 11 = 545 when my alarm went off, haven't done that in FOREVER!

I love the idea of your girls helping out....it would have to be pretty small though, we can only take carry on luggage through to Haiti...I will give you a call in a couple of days and we can do some thinking.

Lisa, this will truly be a cathartic trip for both of you! How large is the group that is going?

Hugs....

Yes it will Caroline, they have spots for 20 people on the flight heading down, I will get more details hopefully today!

hope you and your families are all safe and sound!

Sounds like an amazing trip an experience! :)

it will be, also very bittersweet....this journey for us to Haiti began on the day of the earthquake, my husband Jim was at the Hotel Montana and died there....our helping out the orphanage (family lost their daughter there as well) has been a very healing thing for my daughter and I.

Lisa, How exciting. I hope this trip can bring you and Megan some happy memories and healing.

Lisa, let me know what group you are going with. I have a fried who does mission work in Haiti and is opening an orphanage there. If he's in Haiti at the same time, I will see if he will be doing anything near Britt's orphanage ( I think that's the right person, right?)

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

Lisa, let me know what group you are going with. I have a fried who does mission work in Haiti and is opening an orphanage there. If he's in Haiti at the same time, I will see if he will be doing anything near Britt's orphanage ( I think that's the right person, right?)

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

we are going in with Brit's parents and their group...the orphanage is in Grand Goave about 1 1/2 - 2 hours outside of Port au Prince. what's the orphanage he is running called?

got our flights scheduled from Seattle -> Newark and back on 1/3 and 1/7 and our hotel ressies made for the two flight days...just waiting on the paperwork /info for the Haiti part of the trip!

:hug: for you both. I hope you find peace and healing on this journey!!!

:hug: for you both. I hope you find peace and healing on this journey!!!

thank you Christy, I know we will!

I just completed all our travel paperwork and sending it of to them tomorrow, just need to check with our doctors about shots, etc and then will be all set to go!

we are going in with Brit's parents and their group...the orphanage is in Grand Goave about 1 1/2 - 2 hours outside of Port au Prince. what's the orphanage he is running called?

got our flights scheduled from Seattle -> Newark and back on 1/3 and 1/7 and our hotel ressies made for the two flight days...just waiting on the paperwork /info for the Haiti part of the trip!

His orphanage is Kay Mari, they are set to open their school soon and next they want to open a medical clinic near by. It's 60 miles from Port-au-Prince.

His orphanage is Kay Mari, they are set to open their school soon and next they want to open a medical clinic near by. It's 60 miles from Port-au-Prince.

I will have to ask Cherylann if they know of them!
wonderful they are getting the school open....that's the next step for BLB's, they did get a lot of medical/dental supplies donated for their own clinic which is a HUGE blessing!

:hug:
that sounds like a wonderful trip, I'm glad you are getting to go
hope it isn't too many shots:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter