• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We are back and angry about Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with a lot of posts stated on here.

Marcas i can see why you are angry, I'm certainly not looking forward to paying the expensive prices for food etc, I would rather go Mcdonalds.

I have only stayed in the Santa Fe once (staying there this Nov) and i dont have much reason to complain about it, i just hated the theming. Its a shame to see you didnt recieve a good service there. (Have you E-mailed Disney to complain?)

The staggered rides situation, no it doesnt bother me too much but I do think it be nice if guests were advised in advance or in the programme guide, it makes planning your day a lot easier. (I passed this onto my friend who works in development, i actually linked him to this whole thread)

I also wish there was some more forms of adult entertainment, don't get me wrong i love the stuff they have going on for the kids as my DD loves it but i think they do need to cater a bit more towards couples etc that do not have children. I was once a Disney park go-er before i had Kyra so i understand.

All my trips have been great and real great value for money and i can't say i have seen standards slip, then again maybe im not looking for fault. I will anticipate my next trip in September with open eyes and hope me and DD have a great time.

Question, how would you feel if you went to the local bowling alley, where you have paid in advance to bowl, a quality experience you have had many times. when you get there, you find half the alleys are closed, but operable, there is an hour wait to play, and the snack bar is rammed with a limited menu and a huge queue. Would you want to go back? even though the kids would have fun with playing, would you even wait for it? I doubt it.

Now I know DLP is not a bowling alley, but why is it ok to let them get away with this behaviour "because they are Disney", heck, they gained that reputation because they never would have in the past.

Then what about those of us that have invested £10,000's on shares, DVC and Marriott Vacation Club Ownership (we bought in as our 50th visit celebration)? It really then can leave a sour taste. Sure, we have a great time with what we can, but after a while it really can make you bitter, especially at the other casual guests who permit it to happen.

The staggered rides situation, no it doesnt bother me too much but I do think it be nice if guests were advised in advance or in the programme guide, it makes planning your day a lot easier. (I passed this onto my friend who works in development, i actually linked him to this whole thread)

This would really take the sting out of it. I still haven't heard the end of it on how my MIL missed out on HISTA.

i was there lastwk and regards the staggered opening times it really isnt that big a deal some of the rides open 1/2 hrs later and closes 1/2 hr early they really should hav a extra leaflet regards this but after 1 day we knew all the times anyway . the first day we missed casey junior because it had just closed and it never reopened for the rest of the wk yes this was annoying but it really wasnt anything to complain about. also it didnt effect the ques everything was under 20min most were 5min or walk on except autopia which was always 45 min ,crush was between 20-50 min , and dumbo was 90min on wed during emh but it was 20min or under for the rest of the time.

we were there jan 8-12th and the park wasnt busier than that period if anything it was a little busier in january. i appreciate ur fusteration with disney as a disney fan, but for the average family visiting unless it causes massive ques it really isnt dat big a deal. i suppose its easy for me to say dis as im not a disney fan and its not our main hoilday only a couple adays break for the girls, we wouldnt normal stay in a 2 star hotel but for disney where we only sleep in the room we found the santa fe and cheyenne more than enough and fantastic value.

I agree it is todays Disney that weve fallen in love and everything will loose its magic and become boring after so many trips. A few things like chipped paint etc doesnt bother me but as I said to me its still magical so can ignore these things

Arghh...I was trying to keep out of this one!

Dave may state things a little bluntly sometimes, but I'm sure he doesn't mean to offend, and makes a very valid point.

I have an old Eurodisney Guide, and it's staggering how much has been cut from the original theming.

e.g.:

- The Mainstreet Quartet
- The Ragtime Piano Player and Banjo Player
- The Keystone Cops
- The Card Shark
- The Gunfighters Stunt Show
- The Band of Pirates (who organised expeditions for buried treasure around Advnture Island pirate:)
- The Juggling Jesters
- The Roller Skating 'Robomines'
- The Woodcarver's Workshop
- The specialty food carts around Adventureland, e.g., character sandwhiches, stir fry, smothie, sizzling barbecue, etc.
- and very individually themed shop content to match the shop themes!

and the list goes on....

I haven't got time to include the individual descriptions but there was clearly a very strong commitment to a unique aspect of the theming that has sadly eroded over the years. The Tam-Tams being a notable exception for some reason?

Personally, I'd love to see a return to some more 'traditional' Disney theming :goodvibes

I would like to ask a moderator now to close this thread. It goes to much away from what I wanted to say in the beginnig.

I just wanted to point out that we had a great trip and that I am concerned about how everything only gets more expensive and what you get from it in return is geting less.

Especially ScottishThistle don't get my and davewasbaloo point.

I fell the same way like you (davewasbaloo ) with the bowling alley. And it is not only one bad experience. We see that everything gets a little more worse with every visit. And then there comes a point where you say "No this is not the DLRP I know anymore."

And ScottishThistle it is OK that you love DLRP the way it is today. But many of you will not visit in 34 years anymore if the DLRP you know today has changed so much from now on.

And to close this I would like to remind you that I still love DLRP very much. And I am looking at my pictures every day. And then I have a smile on my face. :wizard:

Especially ScottishThistle don't get my and davewasbaloo point.

But I do. Disney is not what it was when you started visiting and you are no longer happy with that.

However, for many of us, we can't miss what we've never had and therefore have every right to be happy with Disney as it is now. Yes, it might have been different back then (I loathe to say better as that's purely a matter of opinion) but many, many people are happy as it is now and shouldn't be called names like Pollyannas and apologists, let alone be blamed for the alleged worsening of standards.

Times change, places change. I used to visit Ibiza in my younger days on a regular basis. As much as I have wonderful memories of my time there, I know that I probably wouldn't like it as much now. Not because it's worse but because it's now different to how it was when I went. However, there are thousands upon thousands of people who've started going to Ibiza in the past couple of years and love it in the way I used to. Do I have a right to tell them that they're wrong for loving it just because it's different? Just because it doesn't have the same attractions I loved? Of course I don't. Do I have the right to say it's worse than it was back then? No, I don't. It's different and I'm different but it's not worse.

Asking for the thread to be locked just because it isn't going your way is ridiculous. Whatever side of the fence you sit on, this thread has been an interesting discussion that has evolved as conversations naturally do. To demand that it is locked just because you don't like the conversation that many, many others are participating in isn't really fair.

But I do. Disney is not what it was when you started visiting and you are no longer happy with that.

However, for many of us, we can't miss what we've never had and therefore have every right to be happy with Disney as it is now. Yes, it might have been different back then (I loathe to say better as that's purely a matter of opinion) but many, many people are happy as it is now and shouldn't be called names like Pollyannas and apologists, let alone be blamed for the alleged worsening of standards.

Times change, places change. I used to visit Ibiza in my younger days on a regular basis. As much as I have wonderful memories of my time there, I know that I probably wouldn't like it as much now. Not because it's worse but because it's now different to how it was when I went. However, there are thousands upon thousands of people who've started going to Ibiza in the past couple of years and love it in the way I used to. Do I have a right to tell them that they're wrong for loving it just because it's different? Just because it doesn't have the same attractions I loved? Of course I don't. Do I have the right to say it's worse than it was back then? No, I don't. It's different and I'm different but it's not worse.

Asking for the thread to be locked just because it isn't going your way is ridiculous. Whatever side of the fence you sit on, this thread has been an interesting discussion that has evolved as conversations naturally do. To demand that it is locked just because you don't like the conversation that many, many others are participating in isn't really fair.

i totally agree with you. i can see why other people are disheartened but just because you have more experience of a place doesnt take away the fact that other people love and enjoy it. i dont just go for ash i enjoy it too and so does my mam otherwise we wouldnt go back. i have actually priced some holidays in ireland for the summer and scrapped that idea *** i pay less for my dlp trips. i feel i get a wonderful trip and good value for money. i am sorry if people would like to see things of old back in the parks but i hate to say the things listed i personally would have no interest in. i would walk right on past. clearly disney are giving what the masses want and although it may upset a few its just business.

yes, would def agree. ive been to dlp b4 i had kids and we had fun but i said id only ever go back if i had kids. now i hav 2 girls who are obsessed with mickey mouse club house and luv going down to disney!! i wouldnt go there if i didnt hav them but i do really enjoy our trips because to see their little faces light up for 4 whole days makes my hoilday too. and along as they are been swept away by the magic i will take them back :goodvibes

Please all remember that this is a discussion board. As a result not everyone will share the same views. That is healthy and makes this board the wealth of knowledge that it is as well as gives others various viewpoints.
It is okay to not always drink the Disney "coolade".

Noboby will be slammed regardless of the side of the fence they sit on :goodvibes

But it is not okay to make personal attacks. As you would expect the moderators have dealt with this privately.

In order to ensure that the thread does not further degenerate it is being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter