• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We are back and angry about Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus.ka

Disney Hotel Fan
We (2 adults) are back from the following trip:

SUN 7th JUN – TUE 9th June DLRP HNY
WED 10th June Versailles
Followed by 2 nights at the Santa Fe booked via Opodo for 285€ (that is an insane price as it was without park tickets and I would never do this again)
THURS 11th June DLRP
FRI 12th June Shooping at Val d’Europe

First of all we had a very nice trip and you have to keep that in mind when you reed the following.

We had very bad weather (OK you can’t blame Disney for that) we had only rain and cold temperatures from Sunday to Wednesday. Thursday was the only day with sun in the Resort.
And despite what everything else always writes here on the board: A trip with a lot of rain does spoil your trip.
This was our 18th visit and until now we have been very fortunate and we never had more than one day of rain.
But if there is only rain it is very hard to enjoy the magic. And the first thing we did was to throw away our rain capes. With them you can’t see anything and so we bought Disney umbrellas.

And here are the things that concerned us or that made us angry:

- The higher prices for everything. Our last trip was in November and even back then everything was cheaper. Walt’s Burger is now 25€ (was 19€), The buffets at the hotels (SL, NPBC and HNY) cost now the same 28€ (was 24€). And also the prices for drinks are now the same in all hotels. They also offer the same drinks and cocktails in all bars and restaurant. And also the great menu cards (e.g. Walt’s, Blue Lagoon) disappeared now you only get a leaflet.
- And also the service seems to be now the same in these three hotels. When we last stayed at the HNY we had the second room service every evening with chocolate on the pillows. That has all disappeared but the prices for your stay are even much higher. This was also the first trip that we booked via the UK so we got at least the 40% offer for our stay. If we would have booked via the German catalog we would have paid 150€ per adult more.
- Before our trip I called Disney and asked about one additional night at the HNY and they came up with 371€. This is more than insane. But as it meant (MEANT!) a lot to me to stay onsite I booked the Santa Fe for 285€ room only for 2 nights. I will never do this again. In any other tourist destination I get a 4* hotel for much less. The Dream Castle would have only cost us 260€. I will never do this again. And if you remember I have always been the one that has said. “It is important for us to stay onsite”
- The pool at the HNY was closed until 12th June. Although the official information only said “Closed until 5th June”. And so we had no pool.
- And what has shocked us the most were the staggered opening times of the attractions. (Some not opening until 12 and some closing from 3pm!). These also were not noted anywhere other than outside the actual attraction so you actually had to go there to find out that it wasn't open. And these new signs outside the attractions are permanent signs. So this seams this will be a new trend. This is very annoying if you have to plan your day even more. And many attractions were closed completely without prior notice. (Storybookland and the Stunt Show at the Studios)
- There is no more adult entertainment in the resort. Tarzan and Lion King are gone and everything else is only suitable for children. While Candleabration was a great show for the whole family, is everything that has to do with Mickeys Magical Party only for children. The Stitch Show and the Mickey Show are only for children and more than cheesy.

I think we will give DLRP a break now. (Did I just wrote this? :rotfl:) Because I have the feeling that they are only rake in money with us costumers. I understand that there is a big crisis but this is the wrong way to safe your company. You can not just raise your prices and reduce everything else.

We just priced up a trip to WDW and there we got for example the Port Orleans Riverside (water view), 7 nights, including Dining plan and Hopper/Waterpark Tickets for 20 days for only 700€ per adult. This seams compared to DLRP such a great offer. We almost paid the same for 5 nights and 4 days at DLRP.

I will post some pictures and a short trip report later that week. (If you don’t ban me because of my angry post here) ;)

marcus this seems to be a worrying feature of others experiences, that the economic climate is leading to a reduction in service and park hours/attraction opening.
Looking forward to hearing all about your trip :)

Marcus...welcome back :wave2:

I can understand nearly all of your frustrations. There has been a worrying increase in the amount of attractions closing before the park does (most of Fantasyland in May) and not opening until long after the park has opened (PM @11, Indi @12,) and closed Train Station's (Frontierland and Discoveryland) with no communication for guests.

I, personally, find that DLRP in the rain is as magical as without rain (with snow it's even better) but that would obviously be personal opinion.

I have noticed that the prices for a short trip to DLRP are not coming up vastly cheaper than a week in WDW...the big killer for me is the airfaire.

Looking forward to your angry Trip Report :goodvibes

Blimey, when I read a post and see marcus is disappointed then I know something is wrong! The staggered closing doesn't sound good and I must admit when I read that both Tarzan AND Lion King were closing I was really disapppointed. The one positive I can take from this is that since the arrival of Lucas, child targeted shows are what we will be keen to see, though I'd love to have taken to him to both Tarzan and Lion King.

What did you think of the Santa Fe Marcus? I know you really value your hotels when you stay in Disneyland Paris.

I am not frustrated only angry. And dissapointed about what DLRP has become.
And yes I forgot to mention that the Train was closed the whole Thursday and on other days they only opened at 1pm.

The Santa Fe is OK I even like the color. Really.
We were in the silver block which should be the prison as we found out later.
Our room was not in the best state but it was OK IF we would have paid the same as we would have paid for the Kyriad. (190€ for 2 nights and not 286€)
The only horrible experience was the breakfast. Everything was dirty and not of good quality. Birds were flying inside the restaurant (and not the romantic way they did in Cinderella - they were looking for food)
Trash was everywhere and the whole place was a mess.
And in the evening there was a Beer promotion.
In WDW alcohol is not allowed and in DLRP they even have free beer?

And yes I forgot to mention that the Train was closed the whole Thursday and on other days they only opened at 1pm.

Our room was not in the best state but it was OK IF we would have paid the same as we would have paid for the Kyriad. (190€ for 2 nights and not 286€)
The only horrible experience was the breakfast. Everything was dirty and not of good quality. Birds were flying inside the restaurant (and not the romantic way they did in Cinderella - they were looking for food)

Well i'm now looking forward to my 4 day stay at Santa Fe in November now :rotfl:

*repeats to myself...This is a budget trip...This is a budget trip* lol

gosh.....................

thats all i can say really - hearing how bad it seems to be getting im beginning to think not going in october is going to be a good decision!!!

not at all likin the staggered times, which werent in effect at easter i might add.... but they wud certainly cause probs if they are fantasyland rides as, quite alot of ppl do have small children and those r the rides they want!! as for the entertainment.... well, ill just ignore that :lmao:

wud love to do disney, but wheni try n price up for 7 nights for 4 of us its like £3000 with park tickets, and not including dining so dont think well be going there any time soon..... think ill have to find another place to go for my rides now..........:sad2:

even so - i look forward to ur trip report.....

Oh dear... But glad you had a good time after all... We were disappointed during our last trip in Dec and really look forward to our next one in July. If it's still the same as Dec, we won't be going for a while:sad1:

Look forward to your trip report. :)

i am getting really worried now as i havent been able to fault dlp yet

i agree with jon i dont mind the rain at all at disney, me and my dd really didnt notice

it has been known a while that the lion king show was cancelled so that wasnt a shock

the staggered opening times really are my biggest concern. i hope they sort that out rather than continue in that way

the walts burger now has foie gras in it so i would take it that that would bump up the price.

wud love to do disney, but wheni try n price up for 7 nights for 4 of us its like £3000 with park tickets, and not including dining so dont think well be going there any time soon..... think ill have to find another place to go for my rides now..........:sad2:

The 40% deal is a good one, we (four adults + 2 children) are going Nov, 10 nights, NPB + AF + LV (2 rooms) and HB+ for £3750. Arriving on Nov 4th means we get to see the fireworks party on the 4th and 6th (hopefully a good view from NPB) and then can look forward to christmas in the park from the 9th.

The 40% deal is a good one, we (four adults + 2 children) are going Nov, 10 nights, NPB + AF + LV (2 rooms) and HB+ for £3750. Arriving on Nov 4th means we get to see the fireworks party on the 4th and 6th (hopefully a good view from NPB) and then can look forward to christmas in the park from the 9th.

Christmas starts on the 8th :goodvibes

You should complain: we went to Santa Fe in 2005 and it had problems even then but eating in the Cantina wasnt as bad for us, though a lot of rooms in Santa Fe are looking rather dated.

Though these problems are not new, they were there in 2005 and possibly have been there since the park opened to some degree. DLRP has never been the best managed park of the bunch, shame really as it does have a special charm of its own

Our first trip was riddled with issues which stopped us from going back a while. We went in the week Lion King opened, but there wasn't much more other than the parades in both parks and some rather simple shows about, plus Studios was pretty empty.

Incidentally the whole alcohol thing is a bit of a compromise for Europeans. The French have something of a fond relationship with alchohol. I recall hearing DLRP originally opened without any alcohol but having it there brought in more french. Also WDW has loosened on the alcohol rule, the Magic Kingdom doesn't allow it but the other parks have alcohol to some degree.

BTW anyone think the 40% is supposed to reflect the fact they knew this year wasnt going to be a great one? I'm looking forward to my trip next week still but willing to accept that for 40% there might be some reason why prices are low

So sorry you had so many negative experiences! Especially the staggered opening times worry me. I understand it´s not summer season, but people pay enough so they should be able to enjoy the whole park or they should give out opening time sheets so you can at least plan accordingly and not walk up to an attraction to find it closed!

I just checked on the entertainment sheet for next week and LMA doesn´t seem to be open then either although it isn´t planned to be on refurb:confused3 We really wanted to see it this trip as my cousin has never seen it, but I guess we will have to plan our day at the Studios differently.
Well at least we know now what to expect so it won´t be such a bad thing for us.

I have also always been lucky enough to never have had rain at DLP but I guess in that case we will keep riding POTC endlessly;)!

I just checked on the entertainment sheet for next week

Hi isma where do you get the information sheet from with whats on
We're going 1st july, first time, cant wait although we're staying in santa fe :scared1:

Oh dear, I wish I hadn't read this now :guilty:

I'm so looking forward to our trip in just over a week - hopefully the staggered closing of rides will be the only problem. But it doesn't seem fair really - I know they have to close things for refurbishment, but surely they can't just shut rides when they feel like it??:sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter