We All Need a Good Laugh

com_op_2000

DVC Member since '93; One Hour from WDW
Tell about something that happened to you concerning Disney including at WDW/DL/DVC/DCL:

On DCL, embarkation lunch at PC.
Had the camera on the table, DW had Goofy come up behind her, I saw him coming, picked up the camera to take a picture; Goofy reaches past DW and tried to put pepper on her dessert. What a look on DW's face. DW will not allow me to post the picture.

On our very first trip to WDW, we went in Oct 1997 and had an El Nino storm for all the trip. Some days the rain came in buckets; other days not so hard. We were in the MK, our 4 yr old son in the stroller. He had one of those big suckers and was enjoying it in the rain. As we walked back to the monorail, people walking past us in the opposite direction would look at him, then laugh. We had to see what they were laughing at. He had fallen asleep in the stroller, yellow poncho on, with that big sucker stuck on his lower lip, barely hanging on.

The first Disney trip for our son was when he was 2-1/2 years old. We talked to him a lot about Disney World and flying on the plane. We debarked the plane in terminal A and loaded on the shuttle train. As we got off the shuttle, our boy turned back to look at the train and said, “goodbye Disney!” Of course 12 years later he know better but he still looks forward to riding the shuttles to get to the Magical Express.

We were on a DCL cruise on the Dream and I was waiting in line at the "front desk" while he was in the kids club. I hear this "clop clop clop" coming up behind me.....turned around and there is Stitch waiting on line behind me. Funny how we adults turn into kids ourselves when in the presence of characters. I started talking to him like he was a real being, not a CM in a Stitch costume. There were no kids around....so I could have acted like an "adult", but no way.....I was so happy and a CM snapped a photo for me, too, so I had evidence to show my son later that night!

On our first trip with the little grandkids, we were on the commuter jet to our main departure air port. My grandson was 5 at the time and as we were circling, getting ready to land at MSP to catch our main flight to WDW, he said really loud, "Look, gramma, there's disneyworld!!!!" All smiles and happy. The passengers started laughing. It was so cute. Never let him live that down yet.

This isn't a funny story but I think a nice little story...

We had a lot of family - grandkids, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc, at Ft Wilderness for the 1999/2000 rollover and my daughter (12 at the time) got sick. We were at EPCOT that morning and I ended up having to take her back to the campground late morning.

I left not knowing if we could go back after a long nap or if I was going to celebrate rollover NYE in an empty campground with nobody around but me and my sick kid. Because of the uncertainly we didn't have any plans to meet the rest of the family and this was well before any of us had a cell phone so we had no way to communicate.

After a good sleep she felt much better so we thought we'd head back and take our chances. The park was closed to new guest, as I remember, but we got in because we were on-site and were there earlier. Well, we ran into the family within about 10 mins of being in the park while we just randomly walked around (well, it wasn't sooooo random, I was heading to a beer stand!).

First off, great idea, OP! It got me thinking of tons of positive memories at a time when all the news is so blah.
This picture is from July 2017. My wife and I had rented a BLT studio from David's and loved it so much we started to kick around the idea of buying some points so that we could come back more often.
We had a breakfast that week at 1900 Park Faire, but the kitchen had flooded or something and we had to settle for a lesser experience. The manager was so embarrassed by this that he insisted on treating us to dinner later that week. We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into.
Once we sat down for dinner, Drizella took an instant liking to our son, insisting that he marry her once he was old enough. Cinderella came over to say hi a little later, and Drizella rushed over, grabbed our son, and told Cinderalla to find her own man. Lady Trumaine came in to support her daughter, and they all made quite the scene on my son's behalf. That dinner sealed the deal for us, and we have been happy DVC owners, and repeat visitors, ever since.

My son was mostly non-verbal until the age of 5. He and I took a quick trip down to WDW where he met Mulan at Hollywood Studios. He hasn't stop talking since. :tongue: We've gone each summer since then (18 years) and are hoping that our trip starting June 2nd will still be a go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter