We’re Back!

mash

Disney Fan
We will finally be returning to the Fort in September for the first time in almost 4 years! Our last stay was in November of 2017. We have been camping at the Fort since the 80’s when we used to go with my in-laws in their motorhome. When our oldest son was two we purchased a pop up and started camping. After our second son was born we purchased a larger pop up camper.

We loved camping but the pop up was so much work to set up and take down so we sold it two years ago. We intended to buy a travel trailer sooner but when COVID hit we decided to wait.

We purchased my dream trailer on Sunday! We pick it up on Friday. Our maiden voyage is, of course, at the Fort! Our oldest son (now married) heard the news and will be flying in to join us! 😂🤣😁 He booked his ticket within 48 hours of hearing the news. I think that’s a good sign of all the happy memories we have as a family camping at the Fort.

Question for folks: do you guys still hang the green mickeys outside your campground to show you are a Disboards member?

Last edited:
Congrats on the new trailer, mash! :banana:

To answer your question, yes we still put our DIS green mickeys outside. From my Oct 2020 trip:

We would love to see some pix of your new "glamper" once you get it home and set up inside.

Bama Ed

PS - if you have a pix to share of your old pop-up, I for one would appreciate seeing that too

Congats on the new camper. And yes the signs are still a thing! Have fun on the trip and post pictures so we xan bask in your glory with you! Lol. Glad the kid is flying in. When is your trip?

We will finally be returning to the Fort in September for the first time in almost 3 years! Our last stay was in November of 2018. We have been camping at the Fort since the 80’s when we used to go with my in-laws in their motorhome. When our oldest son was two we purchased a pop up and started camping. After our second son was born we purchased a larger pop up camper.

We loved camping but the pop up was so much work to set up and take down so we sold it two years ago. We intended to buy a travel trailer sooner but when COVID hit we decided to wait.

We purchased my dream trailer on Sunday! We pick it up on Friday. Our maiden voyage is, of course, at the Fort! Our oldest son (now married) heard the news and will be flying in to join us! 😂🤣😁 He booked his ticket within 48 hours of hearing the news. I think that’s a good sign of all the happy memories we have as a family camping at the Fort.

Question for folks: do you guys still hang the green mickeys outside your campground to show you are a Disboards member?

Picture of the new trailer?! (or it didn't happen).

Great Story, congrats!!!

Here is a picture of our last rig. It was a 2005 Fleetwood Niagara. We absolutely loved this camper. It had two king beds, oven, microwave and bathroom. Lots of space in it. It just took a lot of work to set up and take down. This picture is from a trip to the Smoky Mountains. 31C255AA-4404-4A93-B8BE-91E888546E87.jpeg

Congrats on the new trailer, mash! :banana:

To answer your question, yes we still put our DIS green mickeys outside. From my Oct 2020 trip:

We would love to see some pix of your new "glamper" once you get it home and set up inside.

Bama Ed

PS - if you have a pix to share of your old pop-up, I for one would appreciate seeing that too
I love both your signs, Bama Ed!

Awesome! Did you order your sign from Etsy?

Folks have been making their own sign for years.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/fort-wilderness-resort-information-a-work-in-progress.3502095/

This is our FAQ-type thread pinned at the top of the Camping Board. Instructions are linked in post #7. It's so easy even I could do it myself. Then I uploaded the final design to Vistaprint.com and chose size and 1 or 2 side of the foamboard.

I hear ya about pop-ups taking some work to set up and take down. We had a Jayco highwall pup with a King, Queen, and slideout dinette. Used the heck out of it for 10 years but my kids (the muscle for the set up and take down) grew up and moved on it then it was all on me. So I bought an Aliner which is much easier (had it for 7 years now).

ED

Folks have been making their own sign for years.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/fort-wilderness-resort-information-a-work-in-progress.3502095/

This is our FAQ-type thread pinned at the top of the Camping Board. Instructions are linked in post #7. It's so easy even I could do it myself. Then I uploaded the final design to Vistaprint.com and chose size and 1 or 2 side of the foamboard.

I hear ya about pop-ups taking some work to set up and take down. We had a Jayco highwall pup with a King, Queen, and slideout dinette. Used the heck out of it for 10 years but my kids (the muscle for the set up and take down) grew up and moved on it then it was all on me. So I bought an Aliner which is much easier (had it for 7 years now).

ED
Thank you!

Awesome! Did you order your sign from Etsy?
Ed gave you the basics. My son worked at a sign shop in high school. I used the graphic in Ed's link and added my name. My son took the computer file to work and printed it on PlastiCore board (plastic waffle core, like cardboard)

There are lots of variations based on what you have available.

j

Ed gave you the basics. My son worked at a sign shop in high school. I used the graphic in Ed's link and added my name. My son took the computer file to work and printed it on PlastiCore board (plastic waffle core, like cardboard)

There are lots of variations based on what you have available.

j

Yeah that's what I meant, Jim. It's the same type of board used for real estate signs in yards and those darn political signs that pop up before elections around neighborhood intersections.

Congrats on the new trailer. We are on our second Grand design. We sold our 2600RB last spring and completely switched up in a Reflection 337RLS with a much bigger truck. We came back to the Grand design due to way the company is run. They arent perfect but they definitely stand behind them.

Congrats on the new trailer. We are on our second Grand design. We sold our 2600RB last spring and completely switched up in a Reflection 337RLS with a much bigger truck. We came back to the Grand design due to way the company is run. They arent perfect but they definitely stand behind them.
The 337RLS looks amazing! I bet you are in love with it. I’m so happy to hear how much you like Grand Design. We fell in love with the floor plan and GD seems to have a good reputation. It sounds like almost every brand has some kinks to work out after you get it. I expect we it will be the same for us during our maiden voyage. Thankfully my husband is pretty handy and can figure most things out. We also have a friends with GD and he gave my hubby some tips of things to buy.

I am so excited for our maiden voyage. We sold all of our camping supplies with our last pop up so we have a lot of shopping and work to do before our maiden voyage.

We pick it up tomorrow! The only sad part is that we will be taking it directly to the storage yard. We have plans this weekend and will not have any spare time to bring it home and set things up.

Next up: find our old Fort Wilderness license plate holder. It’s somewhere in the garage. Wish us luck finding it!

New campers are always exciting.

Are you planning to do any camping before your September Disney trip?

Congratulations on the new rig!
Glad I saw the big picture of the front end of your rig! Profile pics are small, my eyes are old. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why your profile pic was of a bra/bathing suit top? I didn't judge cause well, it is the internet and figured it meant something to you.
Makes much more sense now! :rotfl2:
Enjoy....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter