WDW Ultimate 14 day ticket

button409

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We are due to travel in late September and will be at WDW for 19 days. When we booked our package the 21 day ticket wasn't available, so we purchased the 14 day hoping that we would be able to upgrade if the 21 day came back on sale. We are staying 10 nights at FQ at 9 nights offsite at Storey Lakes. It doesn't look like the 21 day ticket is coming back.
Question is does the 14 day ultimate ticket expire 14 days after we arrive, or 14 day after first use? We arrive in WDW on Friday but due to health issues in our group, its unlikely we would be able to visit the parks until the Sunday, but we don't want to 'waste' days on our ticket. I can see that with the new Magic Ticket, these let you attend ay 14 days in an 18 day period - I'm hoping this is also the case with the ultimate ticket, for not only the reason previously mentioned but also on day 16 of our trip is my sons 8th birthday. I've searched the Disney Website for info but can't find what I'm looking for.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks

The ultimate expires 14 days after you first enter the parks try and change it for the new magic tickets which expire after 18 days

As Minniesgal mentioned the Ultimate tickets are only valid for a straight 14 days. One of the good things about the new "Magic" tickets is that they are valid for 14 days over a 18 day period which means they would cover what you are looking for. You should be able to get them swapped over however just talk to whoever you purchased them from. The only issue is that the Magic tickets have pricing based on the date you use them so the price may vary but hopefully not

Hoping I can jump in here with a question as I'm not familiar with the 14 day magic tickets. How do the extras work? From what I've read, I think you get unlimited access to the parks and waterparks for 14 days over an 18 day period, plus one round of mini golf for each day.

Do they need to be used on the same day you visit a park? Or, can you have a non-park day and visit the waterparks, mini golf, or golf at Oak Trail. I just don't want to use up a day on the pass and miss one in the parks.

Sorry, I'm really confused on how it works. I've read everything online and can't find a clear answer.

Thank you in advance!

The water parks and mini golf are in addition to the main four parks. You also don't need to pre book water park days.
We went for a game of mini golf when we were there at Christmas, and they just scanned our magic band to see that we were eligible for a free round of golf, which was fine. We had to wait around 20 mins until we could play, but no hardship sitting out in the lovely warm Florida winter sun!

The water parks and mini golf are in addition to the main four parks. You also don't need to pre book water park days.
We went for a game of mini golf when we were there at Christmas, and they just scanned our magic band to see that we were eligible for a free round of golf, which was fine. We had to wait around 20 mins until we could play, but no hardship sitting out in the lovely warm Florida winter sun!
Thank you! Good to know that we're not losing a park day by visiting the water park or golf on our down days. I'm looking forward to some sunshine as well. 😊

Thanks everyone. We booked a package with Disney Holidays - Room, tickets, dining credit etc. We wont get to the resort until around 9pm on our arrival day (Friday) and ideally would want to start using our tickets on the Sunday, but I'm not sure if the 14 days starts from the day we check in to the hotel or the day we first use them

According to Attractiontickets.com, the water parks are included as a "park" and will use one of your park days.

Thanks everyone. We booked a package with Disney Holidays - Room, tickets, dining credit etc. We wont get to the resort until around 9pm on our arrival day (Friday) and ideally would want to start using our tickets on the Sunday, but I'm not sure if the 14 days starts from the day we check in to the hotel or the day we first use them

Its 14 from first use on ultimate tickets. On the Magic Tickets its 18 days from first use but you can use for only 14 days

According to Attractiontickets.com, the water parks are included as a "park" and will use one of your park days.
It doesn't read that way to me at all - I just went and looked at their website. Historically, for the UK tickets, the water parks have always been in addition to the four main parks.

It doesn't read that way to me at all - I just went and looked at their website. Historically, for the UK tickets, the water parks have always been in addition to the four main parks.
I asked them in writing as I do agree with you, traditionally even the old MYW tickets from Disney which included the waterparks. They were always a seperate allocation and didn't count as park days. But Attractiontickets.com has responded to me in writing that the 14 day Magic Tickets will use a park allocation if used for waterpark entry. I'm hoping the advice is wrong.

My reading of the Disney website Magic Tickets page is that they start on the day you choose when buying them, not first use. There is also a section that, to me, says a water park is a park, even though a park reservation isn't needed, so I'd expect that to use a day of your 14 even if you don't visit a theme park.
Mini-golf, resorts, Disney Springs don't have park in the name, so shouldn't count.

I would not plan on being able to use the ticket more freely than that unless Disney themselves say otherwise.

I think this could catch a lot of people out who are used to the old ultimate tickets.
I wonder if to get round this if you needed to use your 14 park days over 18 days (as per the new tickets "rules") then you would have to go to your booked park, scan in and then hop to the water park. Although officially of course park hopping isn't allowed until after 2pm.
Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

then you would have to go to your booked park, scan in and then hop to the water park.
No. It specifically says you don't need a park pass for the waterparks.
If you planned to go to a water park first in the day and then to a theme park afterwards I think you would need the park pass for that theme park, even if you weren't going until late in the day.

We are going for 23 nights, so 22 days when we might go to a park. In order to go on the last night, does this mean that I'll have to actually name day 5 as the date when we will start using them when we buy them.
Crossing my fingers that APs come back really so that this won't be an issue.

So just looking at my 14 day Magic Ticket and very confused by the language, has anyone validate what you can do?

Ideally I’d would like to visit the park for 14 days and on my non park days visit water park however the message in the app is very ambiguous. I’m assuming that over 18 days I could visit the parks 14 days and on off days visit water parks ( up to 14 times) .

Pasted message from app below, has anyone actually used magic ticket and been able to check this?

Valid Ticket Dates
Your tickets are valid for admission to multiple theme parks on any 14 days from 19 Jul 2022 through 5 Aug 2022, subject to park reservation availability. Your ticket also provides 14 visits to a water park or other Walt Disney World fun during the same date range. Tickets do not have to be used on consecutive dates.

So just looking at my 14 day Magic Ticket and very confused by the language, has anyone validate what you can do?

Ideally I’d would like to visit the park for 14 days and on my non park days visit water park however the message in the app is very ambiguous. I’m assuming that over 18 days I could visit the parks 14 days and on off days visit water parks ( up to 14 times) .

Pasted message from app below, has anyone actually used magic ticket and been able to check this?

Valid Ticket Dates
Your tickets are valid for admission to multiple theme parks on any 14 days from 19 Jul 2022 through 5 Aug 2022, subject to park reservation availability. Your ticket also provides 14 visits to a water park or other Walt Disney World fun during the same date range. Tickets do not have to be used on consecutive dates.
I’ve asked attraction tickets this very question. Their response was to consider the Magic Ticket like a pass valid for 18 days with only 14 uses including water parks. Assuming this is correct, a water park use will consume one of your use days.

Your ticket also provides 14 visits to a water park or other Walt Disney World fun during the same date range.
That sounds like they are separate.

Their response was to consider the Magic Ticket like a pass valid for 18 days with only 14 uses including water parks.
That may be them taking the most pessimistic interpretation,

Someone needs to talk to Disney Actual to try and get a definitive answer.
(I'd do it but (fortunately) I'm not interested in the golf or water parks ... Sorry :duck: )

I’ve asked attraction tickets this very question. ....
Who is "Attraction Tickets? A ticket broker or dealer in the UK?

Your ticket also provides 14 ...
That also tells me that the water park visits are separate allotments.

I would want to suggest that you ask what happens if you do mini-golf and a water park on the same day. Unfortunately I don't know whom to ask because even Disney CMs might not know the correct answer. If two visits are consumed then the water park etc. visits are separate and do not use up a theme park admission.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter