WDW Snow Globe Parade & Aladdin Preview

brer_frog

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

While at WDW on Wednesday, waiting in line for the Aladdin Grand Opening pins, we got a sneek peak at the upcoming Snow Globe parade coming later this year. Then we got to ride the new Aladdin Magic Carpets Spinner ride.

A production crew was there filming a part of the parade for a commercial on Main Street USA. I guess this new parade will coincide with the 100th celebration in October. The float was a replica of a snow globe. Mickey was inside the clear globe and had confetti flying all around him while he was dancing. Following behind the float were the seven dwarfs dancing along in a circular pattern. Along the streets where actors and actresses dressed in WDW gear, holding balloons, clapping to the music, etc. It looked as if anyone else who wanted to be a part of the commerical could stand behind the actors and actresses and mingle in. While we stood and watched for a little while, they filmed the same scene about 5 times.

We didn't stay to watch them finish wrapping up, since we were in a hurry to redeem our vouchers for the Aladdin Pin. By the way, the Aladdin pins look great, but the ride was a little bit of a letdown. I expected to get more wet by the spitting camels. There was a wet mist coming from the top of the Genie's lamp. The flying carpet went up and down, rocked back and forth, and seated from 4 to 6 people. The speed is comparable to Dumbo and the ride is over very quickly. It was only fun because it was different, otherwise, it the exact same thing as Dumbo. Kids should love it, but for the thrill seekers, stick to Astro Orbiter for your fix on spinner rides. By the way, there is no Fast Pass for this attraction.

Everyone have fun on your next trip,

Roy (Brer_Frog)

brerfrog2.jpg

WOW!!!!

That sounds so amazing! You got to try the new ride, you saw part of the new parade, and you got the pin!

Thanks for the descriptions. Even though it's not a thrill ride, it's always fun to have something new to look forward to.

We were at DL during a soft opening of the new Autopia, (got to go on the ride and got the pin). We also were among the first to use Fast Pass for the Indy ride. They were trying it out, and we were right there.

Those kind of moments are so exciting. I'm glad that you got to experience it.:)

Snow Globes??? How big were they??? I wonder if I could fit them with my others??? Hmmmm...

I can't wait to see the parade. I love Snow Globes.

Nat,
I think you'd have to build another addition to your house to collect those snowglobes.

Forget the addition -- he'd have to build a whole 'nother house!! {lol}

~Nancy~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter