WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Has anyone successfully gotten a reservation for the droid build this morning? It's not giving me the option online and I'm on hold. ADRs were a breeze.
I’ve been trying to figure that one out too. :confused3
Looks like the experiences are call only for reservations:

If you had an active experience reservation between May 28 and September 2, 2020 that was cancelled due to the temporary closure of Walt Disney World Resort, you’ll have the opportunity to make a new experience reservation beginning on June 30 up to 60 days in advance of your arrival.
Beginning June 30, eligible Guests with experience reservations previously cancelled due to the closure can call (407) 939-6690 to make reservations for available offerings.

Apologies if this has been covered, but does the droid depot fall in the same category as ADRs vis-a-vis you had to have had a droid depot reservation that was cancelled in order to book it now?

Apologies if this has been covered, but does the droid depot fall in the same category as ADRs vis-a-vis you had to have had a droid depot reservation that was cancelled in order to book it now?
I believe people have tried when they had a Savi and have been successful, but you do need to have a experience reservation that was cancelled

I had a previous droid reservation for 2 (my two sons), and my brother had one for savi's. They let me make a reservation for 3 for droid depot. It was also on a different day (we switched park days around). The CM I spoke to also said I could remove one of the guests if Savi's does re-open as my brother prefers to do a lightsaber build.

I can not make ADRs right now and want to make sure I am not screwing something up. I have a resort and park reservations for late October, I had previous ADRs that were cancelled due to covid, I got the email yesterday saying I would get first try to get new ADRs. It wouldn’t let me reserve. Can anyone get past the first week in September?

I can not make ADRs right now and want to make sure I am not screwing something up. I have a resort and park reservations for late October, I had previous ADRs that were cancelled due to covid, I got the email yesterday saying I would get first try to get new ADRs. It wouldn’t let me reserve. Can anyone get past the first week in September?
You won't be able to make any ADRs until 60 days from check-in even if you had stuff canceled.

Yeah, their verbiage when they shut everything down and what they're doing now is completely different. Hopefully they have a rolling process that continues to allow anyone that had reservations first dibs when the 60 day window opens up.

Finally made my DS’s Droid Depot reservation! DVC members may want to avoid calling MS to book Experiences ( at least per my experience).

I tried calling the 7866 number many times earlier this morning, and either couldn’t get through or received the message that the call queue was closed. I kept calling off an on, but figured I might have better luck with calling DVC MS when they open at 9. Was in the call queue for 30 minutes with MS. The system was slow ( surprise, surprise!), but after getting through and 15 minutes on hold, the CM said the reservations, “are not being taken yet, possibly because the park isn‘t yet open.” When I stated that others were able to book, she put me on hold again to check. After another 10 minutes, she came back to provide other phone numbers to call (WDW-DINE) and book the experience.

Repeated calling of the WDW-DINE and the 7866 #’s yielded the “all circuits are busy” message. I was about to give up when I was able to get through to the 7866 number and a CM answered within 3 minutes! I was so surprised my attempts went from “all circuits are busy” to talking to a CM so quickly.

Good morning everyone! Just wanted to let you know that dining went live (and you can make reservations online on their website!!)

*Don’t waste your time on MDE - I can see restaurants and times, but I cannot actually make a reservation.

Good luck 🍀
WHERE, please?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter