WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Just a random complaint.

It really bugs me that Disney won't be selling Limited Edition merch in the parks(I get it though, they don't want swarms of people flocking to stores), but online only. What bothers me about it is we still can't get AP discounts online, and now will have to pay for shippping on top of it. I collect LE Magicbands, so what would cost me $28 roughly after discount, now costs $42 after shipping.

Wish they could add way to get discount, and also maybe figure out a way to do a pickup option.

Since you started, I'll pile on with my random 'complaint.'

IMO, the fact they aren't running the Electrical Water Pageant is really LAME. To me, EWP is one of those things that 'should' run no matter what. No need to stop at MK given the hours (and people don't really watch it from MK anyway), but throw those MK resort folks a bone and send it around each night. It's quintessential 1971-era Disney - a small and somewhat obscure bit of magic that has been floating around the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake (with modifications) for close to 50 years.

I'm sure Disney doesn't want to mess with it given the myriad of other complexities they have to deal with right now, they don't want to encourage a group standing on the beach watching something, etc (ok, all legitimate reasons)... but I am 'hoping' this gets added back in somewhat short order.

Flame away, but I'm picking EWP as my particular hill to die on through this, I don't care how nonsensical or crazy it sounds! :goodvibes

Very excited to say I am going to CM preview for MK on the 7th (thanks Disboard friend!!) to AK on the 8th with my DD and DHS on the 13th with a friend. aside from AP preview and my 3 regular AP reservations. So lots of content to come, live streaming on my page (link in my signature) and SiDisney and taking lots of videos for SiDisney
Anything in particular you want me to focus on through my tear filled eyes?
I'm planning on focusing on safety and cleaning procedures, ride loading, restaurant and shops walk throughs, relaxation zones (masks free) and hoping to get some of those pop up parades

IMO, the fact they aren't running the Electrical Water Pageant is really LAME. To me, EWP is one of those things that 'should' run no matter what. No need to stop at MK given the hours (and people don't really watch it from MK anyway), but throw those MK resort folks a bone and send it around each night. It's quintessential 1971-era Disney - a small and somewhat obscure bit of magic that has been floating around the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake (with modifications) for close to 50 years.

I'm sure Disney doesn't want to mess with it given the myriad of other complexities they have to deal with right now, they don't want to encourage a group standing on the beach watching something, etc (ok, all legitimate reasons)... but I am 'hoping' this gets added back in somewhat short order.

Flame away, but I'm picking EWP as my particular hill to die on through this, I don't care how nonsensical or crazy it sounds! :goodvibes

We all have our limits. My hill to die on is that I got messages to make my park reservations for 2021 and was able to buy park hoppers. PICK ONE!

So I'll sit here and see what happens....and enjoy my 200 deposit dream of my April 2021 Poly stay.

Very excited to say I am going to CM preview for MK on the 7th (thanks Disboard friend!!) to AK on the 8th with my DD and DHS on the 13th with a friend. aside from AP preview and my 3 regular AP reservations. So lots of content to come, live streaming on my page (link in my signature) and SiDisney and taking lots of videos for SiDisney
I'm planning on focusing on safety and cleaning procedures, ride loading, restaurant and shops walk throughs, relaxation zones (masks free) and hoping to get some of those pop up parades
Masks - compliance and enforcement, please.

Also, any chance to see characters. That’s kind of my hill to die on for my November trip. DD really wants to see characters.

And have fun! So glad you’re going to get more Disney days than you originally thought.

Masks - compliance and enforcement, please.

Also, any chance to see characters. That’s kind of my hill to die on for my November trip. DD really wants to see characters.

And have fun! So glad you’re going to get more Disney days than you originally thought.
CM and Disboard friends are the best. Make sure to watch live so you can see compliance on masks while we walk around, and forgive all my sobbing in advance :D

I’ve been pretty impressed with a lot of the content Disney pushed out during the parks closure, the free PhotoPass downloads, the fun things in the app, etc....especially early on when the messaging and reminders of better times were really appreciated.

But I’m not sure about this one. :confused3

What’s interesting to me is the verbiage underneath:
This video is also a great way to get ready for the reopening of Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15, when Toy Story Land will once again invite you to become an “honorary toy” and play with Andy’s best buddies in a sprawling adventure. After you finish zooming around the land on Slinky Dog Dash, you can take a twirl on Alien Swirling Saucers, play classic carnival games in 4D inside Toy Story Mania!, or grab a bite at Woody’s Lunch Box.

Are they implying Woody’s Lunch Box is would be open when HS opens? This wasn’t on the list as opening. Or just another example of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing?

So excited for you!!! Ride loading is a big one for me. How do they achieve social distancing in a queue and how "quickly" can they load people...

What’s interesting to me is the verbiage underneath:
This video is also a great way to get ready for the reopening of Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15, when Toy Story Land will once again invite you to become an “honorary toy” and play with Andy’s best buddies in a sprawling adventure. After you finish zooming around the land on Slinky Dog Dash, you can take a twirl on Alien Swirling Saucers, play classic carnival games in 4D inside Toy Story Mania!, or grab a bite at Woody’s Lunch Box.

Are they implying Woody’s Lunch Box is would be open when HS opens? This wasn’t on the list as opening. Or just another example of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing?

Hmmn - good catch, I haven't been following restaurant/dining location status closely, but looks like you're right. I'm guessing right and left hand!

Recognizing I sound like an apologist when I usually am not, but is there any reason to hope that the reason why EWP is down is so they can finally finish the dang walking path from GF? I am so ready and excited for that improvement!

I'm so excited for you!! I'll tune in :)
I'd love to get your impression on enforcement - have CMs really been given the authority and tools they need to manage the safety protocols? A shade report would be great, too: if queues are extending outside, as I assume they will, is shade being provided?

Just a random complaint.

It really bugs me that Disney won't be selling Limited Edition merch in the parks(I get it though, they don't want swarms of people flocking to stores), but online only. What bothers me about it is we still can't get AP discounts online, and now will have to pay for shippping on top of it. I collect LE Magicbands, so what would cost me $28 roughly after discount, now costs $42 after shipping.

Wish they could add way to get discount, and also maybe figure out a way to do a pickup option.
I think they should fix the AP discount like how it used to work through the shop parks app, but seeing how they had to cut splash mountain dtech sales from what I’m assuming is an overwhelming sale since I saw resellers listing dozens of them at a time I think their fears just got validated.

Has anyone run into any issues recently with the park pass system? I currently have 3 stays booked for 2021.

April 1 - April 3: 2 day ticket attached
April 3 - April 10: 6 day ticket attached
May 13 - May 16: 3 day ticket attached

I was able to first make my 4/3-4/10 & 5/13 - 5/16 park passes. I called up today and waited on hold for over an hour to add 2 day tickets to my basic package (from a rescheduled trip) and I can only make one park reservation. When I try to make another they say that we ran into a problem and I have too many reservations. So I decided to cancel one of the park passes in May and it still won't let me book April. Am I going to have to wait on a long phone call again to get this figured out? Any ways to rectify it otherwise?

ETA: Super weird - it will let me book 4/3 and either 4/1 or 4/2 - but I cannot book 4/1 and 4/2 together, it has to be one or the other. That has to be a glitch in the system?

Last edited:
Has anyone run into any issues recently with the park pass system? I currently have 3 stays booked for 2021.

April 1 - April 3: 2 day ticket attached
April 3 - April 10: 6 day ticket attached
May 13 - May 16: 3 day ticket attached

I was able to first make my 4/3-4/10 & 5/13 - 5/16 park passes. I called up today and waited on hold for over an hour to add 2 day tickets to my basic package (from a rescheduled trip) and I can only make one park reservation. When I try to make another they say that we ran into a problem and I have too many reservations. So I decided to cancel one of the park passes in May and it still won't let me book April. Am I going to have to wait on a long phone call again to get this figured out? Any ways to rectify it otherwise?

ETA: Super weird - it will let me book 4/3 and either 4/1 or 4/2 - but I cannot book 4/1 and 4/2 together, it has to be one or the other. That has to be a glitch in the system?
I figured it out! I had to cancel my April 4th reservation because the 2-day park ticket from the first part of my split stay was using that as the park day instead of the 6 day ticket. Then I booked April 1 and was able to rebook April 4. In case anyone else runs into those issues!

I'm planning on focusing on safety and cleaning procedures, ride loading, restaurant and shops walk throughs, relaxation
Any info you can gather on if Epcot monorail will be running and the boat launches to MK... thanks!

Yay! So excited for you. Can't wait to see what things are like...

Rope dropping I'd love to know more about. - How early are they allowing ppl. through security (how early are buses starting)...are they opening an area inside the parks to "hold" ppl. etc.

Ride loading is also a big one...how are they handling it all.

Food - are carts open? any changes to food ordering/sitting/eating?

Spaceship Earth? Hoping it's open :)

Thanks so much, can't wait to watch!

CM and Disboard friends are the best. Make sure to watch live so you can see compliance on masks while we walk around, and forgive all my sobbing in advance :D
I’m interested to know how ride loading impacts ride capacity, so I can minimize waits on my trip. I figure the dark rides in MK will load as normal and have low waits, but the roller coasters, jungle cruise, and splash mountain? Just to use MK as an exampl.

They should really open available spots from the other 2 categories to aps maybe a day before?
They obviously have a set number and they want to break even or maybe even make money so i hope those spots don't go to waste

Its Disney... those spots wont go to waste.

Im guessing they'll start selling those spots to the general public eventually.

Disney is allowing those who had their ADRs canceled for resort stays that were up to Sept 2 (if I read right) to book ADRs now. Does anyone think they’ll make another announcement allowing for those who had their’s canceled from say Sept 3 til Oct, next or do y’all think they’ll just switch to 60 days out from your next stay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter