WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Would the opening dates be for locals only? Will hoppers be affected with the check into the parks? Anything if pools will be open? UGHHHHHH July 17th we are to arrive, would be cool to be one of the 1st in the parks, but needed a little more info today!

Would the opening dates be for locals only? Will hoppers be affected with the check into the parks? Anything if pools will be open? UGHHHHHH July 17th we are to arrive, would be cool to be one of the 1st in the parks, but needed a little more info today!

Very briefly he sort of said "previews" before the July 11/July 15 date. Was one sentence, super fast. Didn't specify any restrictions.

Said more info coming on the reservation system, so we'll prob know more about park hopping soon.

I'm really, really wondering if they're going to allow the BTGs (I know, controversial topic on here). I really hope not - that could kill capacity.

I am looking forward to an easier time with Star Wars.

So our trip was supposed to be 7/7-7/15, so that means we're cancelled AGAIN. And we both teach high school, so we can't reschedule for a year. What are our options from Disney? Will they extend or honor the free dining perk that we're currently booked under? Or are we just screwed?
You would be entitled to a refund so you wouldn't be "screwed". No details yet though if people who had to cancel the free dining promo will be able to re-schedule with the same promo.

They also did not mention the water parks
The Dis Unplugged mentioned recently they would be very surprised if the waterparks re-opened this year. I would also assume they are lowest priority.

Would the opening dates be for locals only?
It sounds like, with the reservation system for reopening, that anyone can go so long as they secure a reservation.

No information on the MNSSHP which starts in August. No mention of reduced capacity for both parks and resorts. No mention of the refillable mugs, however Sea World did. Also, how long are we to follow these rules?? Are we talking a few weeks, the rest of this year, any idea??

Good for Disney on waiting a bit longer to reopen. Depending on what happens at Universal and SeaWorld, Disney could look very smart. If Universal and SeaWorld open up with no issues then Disney can just say they needed longer to work out the logistics of reopening their much much larger property.

Cast member and guest safety should be the main factor in this decision, glad Disney seems to be taking that seriously. Their reputation is also extremely important, so slow playing this a bit is absolutely the best move. Play the long game, ensure everyone is safe, and if you lose a month of revenue to Uni, so be it.

So I know they said no character meet and greets, i'm curious now what this would do for any of the Character Meals. My initial presumption would be that they won't have any, but i'm hopeful they find a way to make that work.

I'm an August 1 arrival and I have no issue with these restrictions just hope they come out with more information in a post soon. I don't need another disney parks blog non-post post. I'd guess fastpass+ day is a little less relevant for me but won't hurt to go through the motions of it.

I have a July 11th - 14th trip booked. So I guess I'm OK for reservations...?
But I also bought Park Hoppers - I wonder if Park Hopping is possibly going to be a NO-GO, I hope they refund the difference in ticket prices.
And reservations for Character meals - It would be nice if they would discount our Crystal Palace prices if there's not going to be Winne & Co.

So our trip was supposed to be 7/7-7/15, so that means we're cancelled AGAIN. And we both teach high school, so we can't reschedule for a year. What are our options from Disney? Will they extend or honor the free dining perk that we're currently booked under? Or are we just screwed?
You have the exact same dates as me, and same situation. I’m a teacher and on free dining. So disappointed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter