• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

CM schedules were released this morning, I can only see my DD who works at DHS, no shifts through the 23rd/ I'm asking on FB from the CM friends I have if anyone has been scheduled for next week
The Art Corner at DS (where the socks store used to be at Marketplace) is reopening on the 20th but they are third party
UGH!

Had a very vivid dream last night about the Polynesian.

Wednesdays have been the pattern for the last few weeks of when they send "your trip is impacted by the closure" e-mails to guests and notices to TAs, so it's possible we see some action today. Reminder that not everyone receives the e-mail, for unknown reasons. The dates in play this week (again, if they follow the same weekly pattern) would be the first week of June.

There's still much that we don't know, all in due time I guess.

Unfortunately, those who have been following Disneys patterns and the fact that employees have not been called back in any capacity does tell us that we know the parks won't be open in June. I wish it wasn't so; I'm missing a trip myself, but there's no reason to fool ourselves; I'd rather be realistic with myself and others. We can hope for July at this point.
There are a lot of us who have been following Disney's patterns and don't agree that we know anything. I'm leaning towards they won't be open, but there are indicators that tell me they might and ones that tell me they might not. We don't know and that's the most accurate assessment right now. To say that we absolutely know is not accurate, we don't. Even if they cancel the first week of June- doesn't tell us a thing about the second week. Those who are closer to the inner workings of Disney all say it doesn't take long to ramp up. But until we get official word, we don't know.

Seems like they'll need at least a couple of weeks of data from the Disney Springs opening to see how that goes, and then maybe they open some resorts, the Boardwalk area, and associated restaurants. Then they open the parks a number of weeks after that. Or perhaps they just open everything June 1!

Getting off topic here,
I think people have different ways to deal with uncertainty. For this particular situation I know the facts, I know the trends, I know about CM schedules and what they've done in SDL.
I have a reservation for June 1st at Contemporary, just one night, I made because I was afraid that only onsite guests would get to go to the parks when they reopen.
Will I feel sad that it might get canceled? Sure
Will I say right now that is definitely not happening? No
Is it foolish for me to think that it might still happen? to some, yes
BUT
I deal with stress and uncertainty in different ways that other people, we all do. Some will see the signs and just, for their own sake, say, its definitely not happening and then they can move on. Some people can't deal with any type of hope cause they don't want to be disappointed , i understand that.
BUT
I will never say to you, you are a fool for not having hope or not reacting the same way I do
In the end, we have to wait and see, that's all we can do
o for those hoping that first week of June will still happen, I'm with you and we can celebrate or cry together
For those that are convinced that first week of June, or all of June for that matter, is not happening, I wish you well too.
It's not about who's right and wrong here

I think the one thing we can agree on is that Disney is keeping it's plans to themselves. They know how easy stuff gets leaked out. The announcement of Disney Springs opening came before the cast members were called back to work. I can't see that they would call park cm's back before making an official announcement. It would get out and people will go nuts. Of course I could be wrong, I'm sitting here at home like everyone else.

I think the one thing we can agree on is that Disney is keeping it's plans to themselves. They know how easy stuff gets leaked out. The announcement of Disney Springs opening came before the cast members were called back to work. I can't see that they would call park cm's back before making an official announcement. It would get out and people will go nuts. Of course I could be wrong, I'm sitting here at home like everyone else.

Agree! And I've been hanging in there really well until sometime late last week. As a DVC Owner with a trip rescheduled and two coming up the lack of communication is getting frustrating and personal though I know it's not and many others are in the same boat. With a sunk cost (DVC), AP's, and with another month of condo dues being deducted since the closure coming up while not knowing when we can access the properties is getting to me.

It's not rational, I get it. More emotional.

Agree! And I've been hanging in there really well until sometime late last week. As a DVC Owner with a trip rescheduled and two coming up the lack of communication is getting frustrating and personal though I know it's not and many others are in the same boat. With a sunk cost (DVC), AP's, and with another month of condo dues being deducted since the closure coming up while not knowing when we can access the properties is getting to me.

It's not rational, I get it. More emotional.
I think it's completely understandable-- this Covid19 crisis and the uncertainty on all aspects of our lives makes your feelings justified. You have every right to be emotional.

As an aside, I've been considering buying into DVC once my youngest is out of daycare (due to expenses) and this has made me rethink it. I think their communication, or lackthereof to their owners, has been dismal. I know they can't promise anything right now, but I haven't been really thrilled with how they've handled it.

Sorry if it has been asked but wouldn't the Union be contacted when they call back cast? How much notice would they get that they are called back?

Sorry if it has been asked but wouldn't the Union be contacted when they call back cast? How much notice would they get that they are called back?
Great question! Considering schedules only come out one week in advance normally, probably one week notice is all that's required by their contract. I haven't had a one week notice schedule in my entire working life. Two weeks has been my minimum when I had a none set schedule. How does one cope with such short notice?

Great question! Considering schedules only come out one week in advance normally, probably one week notice is all that's required by their contract. I haven't had a one week notice schedule in my entire working life. Two weeks has been my minimum when I had a none set schedule. How does one cope with such short notice?
I read several places that union contracts state they will only need to give 5 days notice online to be called back from furlough.

I think it's completely understandable-- this Covid19 crisis and the uncertainty on all aspects of our lives makes your feelings justified. You have every right to be emotional.

As an aside, I've been considering buying into DVC once my youngest is out of daycare (due to expenses) and this has made me rethink it. I think their communication, or lackthereof to their owners, has been dismal. I know they can't promise anything right now, but I haven't been really thrilled with how they've handled it.

As a DVC owner who has had to cancel two trips during this, I have had no problem with the communication from DVC. They have let us know information as they have been able to figure it out. I was able to talk twice to someone on the phone that was very helpful in cancelling trips and moving around points. I think that some people have different expectations which has ended up with people getting upset at the perceived lack of communication. I don't need a daily hand holding email. I understood that they just didn't have all the answers right away and that they are dealing with unknowns.

I guess all of that to say that I would not make your decision on DVC on what some people have called a "lack of communication."

@yulilin3 .. question please.. Do you have any CM friends/contacts who work in the “behind the scenes” areas? Facilities, custodial, print shop, logistics, ride maintenance, etc... Maybe their call backs would shed a more accurate light on reopening?
not behind the scenes.
I have a friend who works with the media department (all those specials on tv like the Christmas, thanksgiving and any documentary style shot inside the parks) he's not been called back (he's salaried) unless he has and can't tell me, I bother him constantly :D
Neither has a lead coordinator for MK custodial (she's salaried)
Or my friend who sings in the Move it shake it parade
All my other friends are pretty much front of the line CM, merchandise at Beach Club, MK strollers, DHS animation courtyard,
I only have one friend that is working right now and she's lead at the DVC call center, I have also bothered her constantly and she says they don't have an opening date yet

not behind the scenes.
I have a friend who works with the media department (all those specials on tv like the Christmas, thanksgiving and any documentary style shot inside the parks) he's not been called back (he's salaried) unless he has and can't tell me, I bother him constantly :D
Neither has a lead coordinator for MK custodial (she's salaried)
Or my friend who sings in the Move it shake it parade
All my other friends are pretty much front of the line CM, merchandise at Beach Club, MK strollers, DHS animation courtyard,
I only have one friend that is working right now and she's lead at the DVC call center, I have also bothered her constantly and she says they don't have an opening date yet

Thanks!! I appreciate your reply 😊

I also appreciate all your efforts to keep us informed & up to date.. 💐

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter