WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Anyone know if Shanghai is doing fireworks since their re-opening? And if so, how is it working? Just curious as it MAY be an indicator of what Disney could apply to the US parks.

Do we think that character meals will be modified or canceled altogether? For our late June/early July trip, we have (4) signature dining scheduled at BOG, CRT, Topolino’s brunch, and Hoop. May still be worth going anyhow for the ambiance, but haven’t decided.

also, I was exploring dining options and looking at downgrading from the deluxe to the new dining plan. I didn’t see this as an option for our dates (6/29-7/5). Anybody else run into this?
it may be because your check in date is June/29th. They now are only taking reservations for July 1 and beyond. Possibly can't make modifications now.

If Shanghai is doing castle projections and music, I don’t see the logic behind no fireworks unless it’s just cost cutting. I mean, everyone is standing there in their little boxes anyway.
Completely agree. I feel like the projections cause more crowding in a smaller area than the fireworks. If I want to enjoy the fireworks I can do it from a variety of places all over Disney property including the TTC and resorts. If I want to see projections I have to be in the hub.

So today was my fast pass day. I went back and forth but decided to book them. I doubt this trip will happen but you never know.

I haven't gone through all of the posts so it's very possible someone else has covered this, but we have a stay at AKL starting 6/1. We made several dining reservations when we booked it but now when I try to add more there is no availability except Disney Springs. Not a good sign at all. I had glimmer of hope Mickey might pull something out of his hat and open 6/1 but it's not looking good at this point. Thankfully we only have our $200 deposit on file, as our final payment wasn't due until a week before our trip. Still sad, though.

I have a June hotel only resy. I have been waiting to buy tix since we live in LA (FL still requires 14-day quarantine for LA residents) and I will have to cancel trip if the order isn’t lifted. I didn’t want to be left holding $2k in tix.
Just checked in a availability. Tickets aren’t being sold for June!!!!! First available date is July 1.
I think the idea that Disney took hotel and restaurant resys offline due to capacity max are wrong. They wouldn’t have eliminated all options at once; they are not opening in June.

I haven't gone through all of the posts so it's very possible someone else has covered this, but we have a stay at AKL starting 6/1. We made several dining reservations when we booked it but now when I try to add more there is no availability except Disney Springs. Not a good sign at all. I had glimmer of hope Mickey might pull something out of his hat and open 6/1 but it's not looking good at this point. Thankfully we only have our $200 deposit on file, as our final payment wasn't due until a week before our trip. Still sad, though.
They stopped taking reservations for June this past week.

I think the idea that Disney took hotel and restaurant resys offline due to capacity max are wrong. They wouldn’t have eliminated all options at once; they are not opening in June.

No one knows, it could be open it could be closed. Clearly they will have to limit capacity if they do open so they had to start somewhere. They also could not announce that shut off date or it would have led to a rush on purchases and that would have negated the intent.

We should get some confirmation tomorrow and/or Thursday that first week of June is canceled (in my opinion the whole month will be, but just as they did for May; they'll quietly cancel 1 week at a time ) You may or may not receive the cancellation email about your specific trip. - It's been hit or miss. After Fri. with them not allowing bookings, modifications to new/existing resort and dining reservations; that pretty much sealed the deal that July is optimistically the earliest they'll open. It's the exact pattern May had.

Is it an odd thing that the next CM schedule hasn’t been released?
It would be odd if they were opening any time soon, but it's basically a done deal that they're not going to be open in June, so therefore no need for a CM schedule. Disney has not and will not officially announce that they're not opening, just as they didn't last month, but they're not.

You're correct in that a major clue to it getting somewhat close will be when they start calling back their employees and schedules come out etc. Unfortunately, it seems were still a far way out from that :(

No one knows, it could be open it could be closed. Clearly they will have to limit capacity if they do open so they had to start somewhere. They also could not announce that shut off date or it would have led to a rush on purchases and that would have negated the intent.
Unfortunately, those who have been following Disneys patterns and the fact that employees have not been called back in any capacity does tell us that we know the parks won't be open in June. I wish it wasn't so; I'm missing a trip myself, but there's no reason to fool ourselves; I'd rather be realistic with myself and others. We can hope for July at this point.

@brockash it is not about fooling ourselves. It could be closed, but no one knows. You keep talking in absolutes and if someone is not following these pageS regularly and sees your posts they will get incorrect information. You may have given up on June and you may be right but I will continue to counter over and over when people make absolutes about masks, closings, etc.

There is no official word from Disney on the month of June or the procedures that will be put in place.

Is it an odd thing that the next CM schedule hasn’t been released?
CM schedules were released this morning, I can only see my DD who works at DHS, no shifts through the 23rd/ I'm asking on FB from the CM friends I have if anyone has been scheduled for next week
The Art Corner at DS (where the socks store used to be at Marketplace) is reopening on the 20th but they are third party

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter