• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I'm wondering how this will impact those AP holders who have room reservations? We have 10 days reserved at two WDW hotels and Platinum APs, so no blackout dates. We didn't purchase platinum passes to be restricted. Sorry if I sound entitled, but I hate wondering and wish Disney would give us clear answers.
Me too. Nearly same scenario but only 8 days. I’m not spending all that money on the resorts if I can’t get in the parks. I’d really like answers so I can move on and find another vacation destination.

Me too. Nearly same scenario but only 8 days. I’m not spending all that money on the resorts if I can’t get in the parks. I’d really like answers so I can move on and find another vacation destination.
Right! We've had two trips canceled and rescheduled our back up twice. I'd like firm answers rather than vague. They have had three months to get this sorted out.

Right! We've had two trips canceled and rescheduled our back up twice. I'd like firm answers rather than vague. They have had three months to get this sorted out.
Same here. I am a bit concerned. I agree that I didn't pay all that money for platinum passes only to find out I can't go. We have only used it twice, for 2 weekend trips. Not nearly enough to cover the cost. We had a 5 day anniversary trip in early May that has now been rescheduled twice. It's currently arriving July 3rd which is also not going to happen.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but we have a reservation and tickets for the end of July, and I haven't received an email with any kind of update or information about the new reservation system. And it seems like a lot of people got emails....?

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but we have a reservation and tickets for the end of July, and I haven't received an email with any kind of update or information about the new reservation system. And it seems like a lot of people got emails....?
Don’t be worried, Disney is notorious for their emailing system reliability(or lack thereof). Some people get emails not even having trips planned! Frankly I think the best option is to wait till they update the AP page with info about how they will go about offering reservations. I don’t think it will be email-specific, so it’s ok!

you might want to consider beginning to use masks with your little ones now...make it a game or pretend play or putting on their doll or stuffed animal just start with holding it up briefly than gradually increase play with masks until kids get used to seeing you wearing one and become accustomed to having masks around. I certainly wouldn’t wait til you get to Disney and spring it on them I can guarantee that won’t work...shop Disney is now selling child size masks that are really appealing. have fun with masks and your child will be more comfortable with the need to wear one when the time comes...

I work in the hospital and I wear masks all the time. This is great advice.

I have worn masks at home regularly (stomach bug anyone?) and my girls are completely unfazed by seeing them. We’ve bought my YDD 3 Elsa masks and how she’s wearing them for short excursions. I hope she’ll be good at summer camp next week!

Thanks. So your 4 day one park per day tickets were extended to 9/2021, even though that product is not available anymore? UT said that despite Disney no longer selling tickets, they have plenty of inventory and encouraged to take the refund and buy new base tickets. And I hesitated, because I wasn't sure if new tickets could be linked in MDE, and I wasn't sure that my on site hotel reservations would be enough to keep me in line for the reservation system. I skimmed through a few of the more recent pages I've missed here, and it sounds like we still don't know for sure if both tickets and on site hotel reservations are required for priority.

Yes! They extended it today!

Last edited:

meanwhile I just registered for UOR AP preview for Wednesday, apparently the site had issues earlier but I just logged in and was able to register for all 3 parks.
I know off topic, tsk,tsk
Does UOR stand for Universal? Is there a good forum to find out about Universal? I have never been and we are thinking about it.

Okay, I put this in the free dining/reopening specific thread, but it's got me so excited I thought I'd bring it to the TPAS thread party as well. :tigger:

It's probably nothing--just more MDE glitchy weirdness as they make adjustments--but I and another person noticed that on our reservation, under where the resort package details are, what formerly showed as as something like "free dining recovery offer" now just says the dining plan name (for me, "Disney Dining Plan Plus"). Could it be that they are converting the "free dining" to appear like any other "paid dining" in the system so they can give us a refund/package price reduction equal to the dining plan amount?!?!? I don't want to get hopes up, but that would be spectacular. It'd mean that I actually do get something very close to the equivalent of the free dining discount (though we always spend more than the per-day cost of the plan on dining--we like our cocktails, filet mignon, and character meals). So it won't be quite as good as FD because we won't get the same value, but still MUCH better than being stuck with rack rate on our room and paying meals completely out of pocket.

EDITED TO ADD:
Oh crud, I take it back--it's back to the way it appeared before. I really hate MDE sometimes. Hope I didn't get other people's hopes up.

Did anyone's AP linked to their MDE disappear? Ours are valid for 5 more months and they are no longer showing.
We have Gold APs that were to expire on April 4th. They have disappeared from MDE. I don't know if they will come back. I should still have about 3 weeks of use on them. We have a trip planned for August, with hopes of using these passes or at least renewing them.

We have rented DVC points for July 15-19. If resorts are open, can’t get money back on that reservation, so would really be crappy if we couldn’t get park reservation passes(we are AP holders from out of state). I mean, I enjoy the resorts, but we didn’t plan on spending our whole anniversary trip at one!

meanwhile I just registered for UOR AP preview for Wednesday, apparently the site had issues earlier but I just logged in and was able to register for all 3 parks.
I know off topic, tsk,tsk

Do I understand you correctly that you registered to go to all 3 UOR parks on Wednesday. If so, maybe when Disney opens up its reservation system it will allow for park hopping too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter