WDW Coffee - Does anyone like Nescafe?

bru_ellman

Having a Disney Day!
Some time ago I wrote to WDW to suggest that some other coffee be served at WDW resorts. Well today I received a very nice phone call from customer relations that explained that they track guests' preferences and according to their research a majority of guests actually like the Nescafe coffee.

I was a bit taken aback by this statement as, being a long-time coffee drinker, I can't imagine that that could be true. So I put it to this group:

1) Do you enjoy WDW's Nescafe coffee?

2) If you do not enjoy Nescafe coffee have you expressed your displeasure to anyone at WDW?

3) Relatively recently WDW resorts have done away with creamers and gone with those maddening and hard to open half-and-half packets. Have you found that their contents were not as fresh as they should be?

4) If, like me, you dislike the half-and-half packets, have you expressed your displeasure to WDW customer relations?

Basically, I'm trying to find our if there really are many people who really do like WDW's Nescafe coffee.

The good news was that they expect to again have the music playing along the path on the island to Old Port Royale at CBR in time for our honeymoon in June. :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Surprisingly YES! Maybe it's cuz I don't have to make it. Maybe it's just cuz we're on vacation at WDW. Dunno, but *me* a die hard coffee snob (we actually ORDER our usual coffee from peets in Seattle) actually likes the NesCafe.

I may wind up being surprised by this thread.

The funny thing is that the customer relations guy, Joe, put it as he was "used" to the WDW coffee. ;)

But I guess it could be so. "Most guests" (as Joe put it) may actually like Nescafe. :confused:

Where do they serve the Nescafe? We always stay concierge (at either YC or AKL) and I have enjoyed the coffee at both concierge lounges. Is that Nescafe?

Similarly, I will occasionally have a cup of coffee after dinner. We usually eat at the higher end restaurants (Jiko, Citricos, Yachtsman Steakhouse, etc.). Is the coffee there Nescafe?

If the answer to the questions above is "yes," then my answer is (surprisingly) that I do like the Nescafe.

Well, yeah, all of those places, with the possible exception of Citricos, do serve Nescafe. I guess I'm more of a coffee snob then I thought. :snooty:

Since most coffee, IMO, is pretty mediocre anyway, I guess I just expect it to be that way. The only time I "notice" the taste of coffee is when it's really good, and that certainly doesn't happen at WDW.

I really hate the Nescafe coffee served at WDW. Go to Tubbies at the Dolphin and have a cup of starbucks!

I really like a good cup of coffee. I make Starbucks at home and at work and drink it every day. Somehow, the Nescafe tastes ok to me. Probably because I associate the taste with being at WDW:earsboy:

You can get a pressed pot of Kona coffee at Kona cafe at the Poly.

I use so much milk/creamer and equal that I don't really notice the taste of the coffee, lol. Nescafe does make Taster's Choice and that is the only instant coffee I can drink at all so I suppose I like Nescafe. My first preference is Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha (not much coffee taste there either!).

Maybe it isn't the Nescafe that bothers you as much as the horrible tap water in Florida that they mix it with?? I didn't even like to brush my teeth with the tap water - yuck!!!!

THis topic repeatly comes up. About 3 years ago, or maybe 2, WDW switched to instant nescafe and I would say the majority HATE IT!! It is probably one of the most agreed upon topics here on the DIS. When they servedbrewed coffee it was actually pretty good. IMHO it was one of the worse of the "ciut backs " wdw did.

Originally posted by DisOrBust
THis topic repeatly comes up. About 3 years ago, or maybe 2, WDW switched to instant nescafe and I would say the majority HATE IT!! It is probably one of the most agreed upon topics here on the DIS. When they servedbrewed coffee it was actually pretty good. IMHO it was one of the worse of the "ciut backs " wdw did.

I agree with you completely, but apparantly, according to WDW research "most" guests enjoy Nescafe.

BTW, I am grateful to all who have responded to this thread. It's interesting to hear the views of others on this matter.

Yuck!!!! :crazy2:

They obviously didn't ask me what I thought!! Although, I'll admit I never really told anyone at WDW what I thought either. :rolleyes: I guess I should've, but it didn't quite bother me that much. Now, when we saw a lot of people smoking in non-smoking areas, we did complain to CM's, who were very sympathetic and told us to file a complaint with Guest Relations in the park on our way out (which we did). But that's another thread, isn't it? ;)

I do think the water has a lot to do with the bad-tasting coffee. The coffee was definitely much worse at Roaring Forks than at other places, but then again we thought the water at WL was much worse than other WDW water (we loved WL, just not the water!)

We had excellent coffee at Kona Cafe (not the pressed pot either) and at Fountainview Cafe in Epcot. We also had decent coffee at quite a few other restaurants. I guess it's all Nescafe, but there are differences from one place to another.

...is that Nescafe is well recognized and popular internationally. I've lived overseas for 5 years and Nescafe was HUGE in South America.

It's really strange though because the "normal" coffee in many countries is pressed and not drip and IMHO much better than what I would consider an "American" style cup-o-joe. If you wanted coffee with cream you got what we know as cappuccino (for about 25 cents). Nevertheless, the locals loved Nescafe! Go Figure!

While I was living in Venezuela you would regularly see espresso served to guests in what amounted to shot glasses in the early afternoon. Even in American fast food joints such as McD's they would come around with your afternoon fix of caffeine for free.

I honestly don't MIND the coffee...but if Dunkin Donuts coffee was available - I'd have that! I guess I just get used to the coffee at WDW after the 2nd cup or so. And we drink ALOT of coffee - the concierge at AKL used to laugh when they'd see us fighting over the cappacuino machine for our 9pm coffee fix. (yeah - only on vacation at WDW can I drink coffee at 9pm and still fall asleep!)

DH and I usually "treat" ourselve to cappuccionos or lattes when at WDW - so I guess all the milk/sugar/flavors hide whatever might be lurking. ;)

But what DOES "get" me though...is that I do NOT like cream/half and half/non-dairy creamers. I prefer milk (preferably skim) in my coffee...and this is very hard to find sometimes. I'll deal with whole milk or cream...but I always find it odd that it's so hard to find "lower fat dairy options" when making my coffee at a counter service place. (of course at restaurants/concierge - milk is an option.)

I am a coffed drinker. I will not pay for Nescafe or drink it for free!

After reading the coffee thread a few weeks back, I was shocked to see that WDW served Nescafe anywhere, especially in Epcot. I have had to rethink my eating plans for May, due to this issue. Yes, I know, a bit of a coffee snob for sure.

I had planned to take my friend for a late afternoon snack (chocolate wave and coffee) in order to fit in the Coral Reef. When I read they served nescafe, I said no way. I am not paying for a decadent dessert and pairing it with awful coffee.

I would like to see just a list of all the places in Epcot and the Boardwalk where you can get real coffee. We are staying at the Dolphin, thank goodness and know we will a least have a good morning cup--o-joe.:D The cream is not an issue for me but probably will be for my friend.

Curious as to what the World usually charges for this cup-o-Nescafe?

I am not only a coffee SNOB, I am a full blown coffee ADDICT!! I am not kidding!! Don't even try to talk to me before my morning FIX!!! I HATE all the coffee in WDW!!

I drink my coffee hot, strong and black so there is no way to doctor-up a bad cup with cream and sugar. I just pack my own little coffee maker and my own grounds and I am one happy camper. In all fairness to WDW, I take my own pot everywhere on every vacation. Some folks think this is dumb, but when you are hooked on caffine, a bad cup of joe just won't fit the bill!!

I have never voiced my coffee dislike to anyone at WDW. I don't think they could ever find a brand to serve that would satisfy all us coffee snobs.

I love the coffee at Kona. A CM there told us that they were the only place on property that was allowed to sell "real" coffee and not Nescafe.

Well, this will be my last post on this thread. I'm beginning to understand why there will always be Nescafe at WDW. It's seems that it's just not enough of a "quality of stay" issue for most people.

I truly thank all of you who contributed to this thread and just ask that those of you who would prefer coffee other then Nescafe that you please mention it to a CM the next time you're at the "World." ::MickeyMo

Thanks again!

On my last trip to WDW I logged many complaints about the Industrial Waste being served as coffee.

Chuck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter