• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW cancelled our castle dinner?

There is no reason Disney can't let them keep their reservation time, nearly a full hour before the "reception" is to start. This is their fault and it is terrible business to do this. All their failed high end endeavors (the cabanas, the after hours, etc) should show them that families are their bread and butter.

I hope it all works out for the very best OP. If you choose to go elsewhere or if Disney accommodates you, I hope you are happy and have a magical trip.

Of course there is. They tell you to allow 90 minutes for a meal and they need some time to turn the place around.

Not that i am saying it's not a d-bag move by Disney they way they handled it but such as things stand they can't realistically seat people at that time. I'm sure Disney is keeping as many seatings as possible if none other than financial reasons.

There is no reason Disney can't let them keep their reservation time, nearly a full hour before the "reception" is to start. This is their fault and it is terrible business to do this. All their failed high end endeavors (the cabanas, the after hours, etc) should show them that families are their bread and butter.

I hope it all works out for the very best OP. If you choose to go elsewhere or if Disney accommodates you, I hope you are happy and have a magical trip.
You may want to rethink just what is considered "failed". You may be surprised.

I'm sure there is a very good reason why they need to cancel the reservations at the times they do. They didn't just do it to be mean. If they need an hour to set up for the reception, then that's what they need. I'm not sure anyone here is in a position to know how long it will take.

Should they need to help out for a solution that makes OP happy, yes. Keeping their CRT time is not going to be an option.

Recieved a call earlier tonight concerning our 1/31 6:50 dinner reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table.

The young lady said that dinner at CRT for that night was no longer an option due to "operational issues". She offered Be Our Guest for dinner or CRT for breakfast or lunch. I explained I already had BOG for dinner later in the week and wanted CRT for dinner. She said there is nothing available for dinner any other day during our stay.

Also, I have BBB reservations for the girls on 1/31 at 4.

Nothing was resolved and she ended up saying she would have another group call me to work something out. Not sure what to expect.

Very frustrating.
I've already read some of the posters and think I understand what happened to you but will continue to read the thread. I just have to say now that this is unacceptable on so many levels. If they don't fix this for you somehow, it is going to lower my opinion of Disney greatly. I know they don't care, and I know that I will still give them my money. But, I will feel differently about them.

They need to find you another dinner at CRT on a night that works for you (even if that means giving you free park hopper to get there or another park day.) OR they need to provide your family seats to this special dinner. But, you should get CRT dinner one way or another.

If OP doesn't tell them what would make her happy then they can't possibly know how to make it right, can they?

They know already how to make him happy. They've known for nearly 180 days.

If he wanted BOG reservations or 1900, that's what he would have reserved.

Now they want to boot him because they can make $500 a head. They need to honor his reservation or make room for him for dinner some other night.

And if it really requires 90 minutes to experience the meal, they need to let them come early.

This is appalling to me, that Disney would uproot a family who planned this and their part nearly 6 months ago to make room for a $500 a head dinner and "reception". Then try to switch out their reservation for something the guest does not want.

Like I said above, I truly hope this works out for you OP.

I've already read some of the posters and think I understand what happened to you but will continue to read the thread. I just have to say now that this is unacceptable on so many levels. If they don't fix this for you somehow, it is going to lower my opinion of Disney greatly. I know they don't care, and I know that I will still give them my money. But, I will feel differently about them.

They need to find you another dinner at CRT on a night that works for you (even if that means giving you free park hopper to get there or another park day.) OR they need to provide your family seats to this special dinner. But, you should get CRT dinner one way or another.
That, will not happen. It's a dinner for 9 or 10 guests. Total. They won't be giving away tickets/seats to those displaced

They know already how to make him happy. They've known for nearly 180 days.

If he wanted BOG reservations or 1900, that's what he would have reserved.

Now they want to boot him because they can make $500 a head. They need to honor his reservation or make room for him for dinner some other night.

And if it really requires 90 minutes to experience the meal, they need to let them come early.

This is appalling to me, that Disney would uproot a family who planned this and their part nearly 6 months ago to make room for a $500 a head dinner and "reception". Then try to switch out their reservation for something the guest does not want.

Like I said above, I truly hope this works out for you OP.
But OP still has to tell them what night that would be. Disney can't possible know without OP telling them

You may want to rethink just what is considered "failed". You may be surprised.

I'm sure there is a very good reason why they need to cancel the reservations at the times they do. They didn't just do it to be mean. If they need an hour to set up for the reception, then that's what they need. I'm not sure anyone here is in a position to know how long it will take.

Should they need to help out for a solution that makes OP happy, yes. Keeping their CRT time is not going to be an option.

Nope. She had a reservation. They don't get to decide to take a full packed house of reservations that are made 6 months in advance and cancel them because they want to fill the place for $400 more a seat. If they want to do that then they have the plans done 181 days in advance and reserve CRT for this event and not accept any dinner reservations on that date. That is how a business operates.

Let's say you rent a venue for a wedding. 2 months before the venue finds someone who will pay quadruple what you will for the event. So they cancel your event to take the other persons money. Nope, bad business and they would probably find themselves in court.

Nope. She had a reservation. They don't get to decide to take a full packed house of reservations that are made 6 months in advance and cancel them because they want to fill the place for $400 more a seat. If they want to do that then they have the plans done 181 days in advance and reserve CRT for this event and not accept any dinner reservations on that date. That is how a business operates.

Let's say you rent a venue for a wedding. 2 months before the venue finds someone who will pay quadruple what you will for the event. So they cancel your event to take the other persons money. Nope, bad business and they would probably find themselves in court.
But they do, and did. Water under the bridge. Right, wrong, or otherwise, it's done.
Now it's time for the OP to tell they would like to replace their cancelled ADR.

But it is okay to displace this man and his family.

THAT is unacceptable.
Never said it was okay. But it's done. Not going to undo it

Besides, if they give OP seats to the $500 a person meal then what about all the others that demand it? Can't give it to one and not all the others. With a seating for 9/10 people then you can't give it to everyone booked at CRT that night.

That, will not happen. It's a dinner for 9 or 10 guests. Total. They won't be giving away tickets/seats to those displaced

It's only for 10 guests? Then find some more tables. You can accommodate 10 extra guests without cancelling people. Maybe change times a little. I still feel that Disney will make this right. I sure hope so. It feels good being back on the DIS. 11 months to go for me!

FWIW, I do not think that giving them tickets to this high-end dinner would actually create happiness for OP (who is a guy, sorry!).

1. High-end menu, with a BBB girl.

2. No princesses, with a BBB girl.

...you maybe see the problem here?

I'm not sure that meeting a chef is going to quite meet the squad goals.

Last edited:

Actually they do. Every single thing we buy/expect from Disney is only ours if it is available to be ours. There is fine print all over. They change park hours all of the time. They can move you from your resort. They can tell you the restaurant you are booked at is suddenly unavailable. Doesn't mean any of us think it is right or nice to do. But they can absolutely do it.

Every single thing is Subject To Availability. Every. Single. Thing.

It's only for 10 guests? Then find some more tables. You can accommodate 10 extra guests without cancelling people. Maybe change times a little. I still feel that Disney will make this right. I sure hope so. It feels good being back on the DIS. 11 months to go for me!
They can't and won't do that. They can't open it up to all guests booked for CRT that night. You realize this, I'm sure.
They can't offer it to only some guests displaced, that's not any more fair than their cancelling the ADR.

They can't and won't do that. They can't open it up to all guests booked for CRT that night. You realize this, I'm sure.
They can't offer it to only some guests displaced, that's not any more fair than their cancelling the ADR.

Okay, so it is 10 guests but they have the whole place. Got it. I'm not trying to be difficult really. Didn't understand exactly. Their only legitimate option was to plan this on a night that wasn't already booked. So how many people are they cancelling to accommodate 10? How many people are they negatively effecting?

OP - I hope you get a resolution.

Okay, so it is 10 guests but they have the whole place. Got it. I'm not trying to be difficult really. Didn't understand exactly. Their only legitimate option was to plan this on a night that wasn't already booked. So how many people are they cancelling to accommodate 10? How many people are they negatively effecting?

OP - I hope you get a resolution.
I'd assume the entire restaurant is sold out so they effecting a lot of people. Why they sit the number for this even at 10, no idea. I look at it like dining at V&A, I think some of those seatings are limited to 6. They can fit more but they don't.

we had our castle dinner cancelled accidentally which was determined to be someone at disney. we didn't find out until we were driving to florida when we saw that what we paid was refunded back. we emailed and called customer service who said there was no availability. we were nice about it and just asked that they help find us a reservation. disney ended up going above and beyond. they found us a reservation, upgraded us to park hoppers so we could make the reservation while we were in another park, comped our meal, gave my daughter an engraved glass slipper and we received a $150 gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter