• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW cancelled our castle dinner?

J. Thaddeus Toad Esq.

Earning My Ears
Recieved a call earlier tonight concerning our 1/31 6:50 dinner reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table.

The young lady said that dinner at CRT for that night was no longer an option due to "operational issues". She offered Be Our Guest for dinner or CRT for breakfast or lunch. I explained I already had BOG for dinner later in the week and wanted CRT for dinner. She said there is nothing available for dinner any other day during our stay.

Also, I have BBB reservations for the girls on 1/31 at 4.

Nothing was resolved and she ended up saying she would have another group call me to work something out. Not sure what to expect.

Very frustrating.

I thought I read somewhere they were doing some high end fireworks event that night with reception and dinner for $499 person. If that's the case that is not an operational issue.

I will see if I can find the info

Yep it's a high end chef series, with a 745 reception to watch fireworks and dinner at 9.

They need to find you a reservation, this is not cool!

Announced 2 weeks ago, surely knew it was happening before that.
Crappy that you weren't notified weeks ago, giving them more time to work this out for guests.

Wed, January 4, 2017

‘Delicious Disney, A Chef Series’ Continues in 2017 at Walt Disney World Resort

by Pam Brandon, Food Writer, Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort

Imagine an intimate evening filled with delicious cuisine prepared just for you by an award-winning culinarian from Walt Disney World Resort. This year, the Walt Disney World Resort chefs launched a new dinner series to showcase the stellar talents of the culinary team; with unique and inspired culinary creations coupled with deliciously creative wine pairings. And the “Delicious Disney, A Chef Series” will continue in 2017 with the theme of “storytelling with food.” These dinners are a wonderful opportunity for epicureans to meet our amazing chefs as they prepare specially themed meals for you, our guests.

The dinners are often intimate (no more than 60 guests), and the kickoff for 2017 will be Jan. 31 at Cinderella’s Royal Table in Magic Kingdom Park. There will be nine dinners in all, in other locations including Markham’s at Golden Oak, Be Our Guest Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Park, and backstage at the Walt Disney World Tree Farm. See the full schedule below.

All reservations may be booked by calling 407.939.5773 daily between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.

January 31st at 7:45 p.m. Fireworks Reception – 9 p.m. Dinner
Celebrate the Magic Kingdom Parks’s 45th Anniversary!
Featuring Magic Kingdom’s Culinary Director Robert Gilbert and Team
Location Cinderella’s Royal Table, Cinderella Castle, Magic Kingdom Park

Recieved a call earlier tonight concerning our 1/31 6:50 dinner reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table.

The young lady said that dinner at CRT for that night was no longer an option due to "operational issues". She offered Be Our Guest for dinner or CRT for breakfast or lunch. I explained I already had BOG for dinner later in the week and wanted CRT for dinner. She said there is nothing available for dinner any other day during our stay.

Also, I have BBB reservations for the girls on 1/31 at 4.

Nothing was resolved and she ended up saying she would have another group call me to work something out. Not sure what to expect.

Very frustrating.
I'd be furious. Like, really, really furious. We plan these ADRs, wake up early exactly 180 days out and make these coveted reservations. On top of that, you perfectly coordinated BBB first. I can't believe they are telling you this a few weeks before. I assume you have probably talked this up with your lil one(s), like I do before our special meals at Cindy's castle. I'd make an absolute stink about this when someone calls you back, make sure they acommodate you in some way. Maybe they can have your BBB reservation pushed to earlier in the day, so you can still do that first then have breakfast or lunch after? Good luck!

I'd be furious. Like, really, really furious. We plan these ADRs, wake up early exactly 180 days out and make these coveted reservations. On top of that, you perfectly coordinated BBB first. I can't believe they are telling you this a few weeks before. I assume you have probably talked this up with your lil one(s), like I do before our special meals at Cindy's castle. I'd make an absolute stink about this when someone calls you back, make sure they acommodate you in some way. Maybe they can have your BBB reservation pushed to earlier in the day, so you can still do that first then have breakfast or lunch after? Good luck!

I completely second this. That is unacceptable.

You did your part and made your reservation, now they want to boot you so they can dig in deep pockets.

Ugh. I wouldn't want to be the CSR making those phone calls.

Or the one standing at the podium when the people they didn't manage to reach show up for their (canceled) reservations.

Sorry, OP.

Another instance of WDW exploiting the fact that people will pay any price for an even more exclusive experience. And I don't believe it's all 1%ers. I'm sure many people put themselves into debt to get "the best", no matter how high up Disney moves that bar.

This is not okay. I understand that there are sometimes legitimate "operational" issues that occur but IMHO, this is not one of them. This is a case of "something better for us came up so you get the boot" issue. I think that the only concession I would accept is that Disney manage to coordinate a BBB reservation with a CRT. IF they swapped the BOG night with this one, fine, but they would need to figure it out. If Disney wanted to block a night off for this event it shoudl have been far enough out that it does not disrupt all of those folks who did what Disney insinuates they do to secure these hard to manage ADR's.

(I would actually prefer that Disney get a reservation in the Ivy Trellis at the Grand, but that is just me)

That's horrible! We have a 5:45 reservation for 1/31. We have not been notified of any reservation changes yet, so either we made it under their cut-off time, or we haven't been notified yet. Switching me to Be Our Guest is not going to cut it. Not even close.

OP you did say they could do lunch or breakfast same day. If they could help you out with your BBB reservation would you consider lunch the same day? isn't the menu the exact same thing, it is just earlier in the day? that MIGHT be less disruptive than changing around your other days at this point as well. Just throwing that out there to help you think of options that would work out for you. Sometimes they are not so great at thinking of the possibilities but will be happy to help if you offer it to them.

I know CRT is smaller than BoG but if they can squeeze you in at lunch or breakfast that day, I'm sure they can squeeze you in at dinner another day if that is what you REALLY want. I'm just wondering if that is what you really want given all of your other plans (I don't know what they are but I assume you have them!)

Last edited:
Email guest relations. I have gotten good responses when expressing concerns. They will contact you by phone call usually.

I think you have to consider what would be the best outcome. You won't be eating at the Castle that night.

Would it be to have an early BBB and lunch at the castle?

Would it be to flip flop your CRT and BOG ADRs, and move your BBB to the new CRT day?

Would it be to get Akershus instead of CRT and them throw in Park Hopper?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter