• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Accessible Room Location Thread - UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have experience with rooms at Pop Century? I requested a wheelchair accessible room connected to another standard room, but I didn't pay for preferred? Any ideas what building would be best? We will be using bus transportation...

I have not stayed at POP.
I usually stay in a preferred room at the ALL Star resorts. Preferred rooms cost about $12 more each night.
The preferred rooms at POP are in the 60's building.
Here is a map of POP:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/pop.htm
It looks like the 70's buildings and building A and C in the 50's section are close to the bus stop also.
Have fun at Disney!
Linda ::MinnieMo

We stayed at Shades of Green in May, room 1149 looking onto the golf course. The room had 2 queen size beds and a pull out sofa. It had a roll in shower with a shower chair and roll under sinks.

I was told today that the only value resort with 2 double beds and an acessible bathroom with a tub and handrails was All Star Movies. I can't confirm that from seeing it for myself but that was what I was told by the CM.

princess mom of 4 said:
Anybody have experience with rooms at Pop Century? I requested a wheelchair accessible room connected to another standard room, but I didn't pay for preferred? Any ideas what building would be best? We will be using bus transportation...

At PC they have handicapped rooms in the following buildings:
1,3,5,7,and 0
There are 4 double/double rooms and 2 to 6 king rooms per floor per building listed above that are handicapped.
so that gives you 2 buildings to pick from in the 50's and one each in the 60's,70's and 80's buildings.

All of the handicapped rooms in PC are connected to the rooms next to them regardless of what type of bed it has.

So look at the map and see where you might want to be. We have requested the 70's ourselfes this trip down just to be alittle closer to the bus stop. :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :wave2:

Also at least at ASMu they only have 2 buildings with 4 king rollin rooms per floor. Not sure about Double/double rooms. Also not sure if it is the same way at the other All Stars.

clkelley said:
Boardwalk Villas - One Bedroom Villa - Lobby Level overlooking the Leaping Horse Libations Bar and the Pool. Roll-In Shower with movable bench. Standard Hot Tub with Jets :-) King Sized Bed in Bedroom. Fold out Couch in Living Room.Carol

I have stayed in an identical one bed villa at BWV. Same location, same layout but on fifth floor. My guess would be that there is an identical one bed on every floor level. (BTW, if you are staying this October, do NOT request this room. I want it!!!)

Also, at Boardwalk Inn there is an oversize HA room on every floor level facing the garden right next to the elevators. Two queen beds, roll in shower or low tub (I understand that this may change floor to floor) two basin vanity unit. Excellent view of Epcot fireworks from upper floors (your balcony faces towards the roofs of France and Morocco). First floor room gloomy and dark.

From our trip last week...

BCV studio room #525 is accessible with a tub (handles) and a queen size bed, the bell person said the bed was a king but I think it was really a queen. This room has an ok view of Epcot, through the trees of course.

BCV studio room #228 is fully accessible with a roll in shower. This room also has a huge - gigantic- balcony that overlooks the quiet pool. This is definantly a room to request if you like to enjoy some time on the balcony, the balcony was probably the same size as the room!

Pop room #1346 is accessible with a tub (rails), this room is the in the 50's building and its just around the corner from the elevators. It's also a short way to the food court and buses. This room is on the third floor.

We don't need an HA room for any reason, the only requests we made on the reservations were non-smoking rooms for medical reasons (asthma). Do you think they gave us HA rooms since we asked for non-smoking medical reasons? I was just curious, I thought they would save the HA rooms for people who requested/needed them.

tink_n_pooh said:
Do you think they gave us HA rooms since we asked for non-smoking medical reasons? I was just curious, I thought they would save the HA rooms for people who requested/needed them.

HA rooms are not exclusively for HA.I believe that most hotels allocate them last, in case a handicapped person asks for a room at the last minute. If it was the only room left that was guaranteed non-smoking, you would have been allocated it.

Andrew

Tink_N_Pooh,

Were those rooms all 2 double bed rooms or where they all king size bed rooms.

Just checking since I was told Pop Century didn't have accessible double bed rooms with tubs and handrails.

HA rooms are not exclusively for HA.I believe that most hotels allocate them last, in case a handicapped person asks for a room at the last minute. If it was the only room left that was guaranteed non-smoking, you would have been allocated it.

Andrew

Andrew, that is what I thought too but with when we were assigned BCV 525 we requested another room (we just weren't happy with the room) and we were given a non-HA room. It just seemed odd that in one trip we were assigned 3 seperate HA rooms (we also resort hopped on this trip). I would just feel terrible if I were assigned an HA room which I didn't need and someone came along who did need it and there were none left.

Were those rooms all 2 double bed rooms or where they all king size bed rooms.

Just checking since I was told Pop Century didn't have accessible double bed rooms with tubs and handrails.

The room #1346 at Pop did have 2 double beds, 2 peep wholes, and a tub with handrails. The other part of our party was in this room (we were next door in 1345 - not connecting), they had 4 people in the room with no problem.

I have just had my confirmation through for next year and it doesn't state that I booked a fully accessable room which we can't do without. should I panic :( I will phone them today but is this normal . its not a request its a neccessity or we can't go :(

Ali and boyz said:
I have just had my confirmation through for next year and it doesn't state that I booked a fully accessable room which we can't do without. should I panic :( I will phone them today but is this normal . its not a request its a neccessity or we can't go :(
It should say handicapped and be guaranteed on your confirmation sheet.

How did you make the reservation?
If it was thru CRO (the regular Disney reservation method), you should call WDW Special Resort Reservations: 407-939-7807 (TTY: 407-939-7670). They handle the special requests (a regular handicapped room should be able to be handled by CRO, but if they didn't do it, you need help).

If the resservation was using points or cash by a DVC member, you need to call Member Services. Apparently they have some new staff who don't know how it works. My DH made a DVC reservation for a wheelchair accessible room recently. He was told it was a request, not a guarantee. He explained that we would not be able to stay if we didn't get the wheelchair accessible unit and the person said she would put it as a request, but couldn't do more than that. I called the next day and got a CM who put it in for us as a guarantee and we got a new confirmation sheet to match that.

If you [i\]do[/i] get there and find they do not have a wheelchair accessible room for you, they will need to find you one at another resort.

PS. I think that the accessible rooms are scattered through out the resort.

Ali, My paper confirmation for SSR says "Accesable vacation home confirmed".I called MS because I was concerned because it didn't say wheel in shower. MS confirmed that on their computer screen it did say wheel-in shower. You can call SSR directly to inquire about location of H/A rooms. They will direct you to the apporiate person to answer your question. We are getting a grand villa because we have 3 of my son's caregiver's also joining us. I was told their is one roll-in shower(GV) for every 4th building.These are on the second floor. I don't think you will have any proplem's getting a higher floor H/A since the buildings have elevators. Susan

SueM it was booked through points. I will phone them again today. she said there isnt enough room to put the requests on the confirmations. like you Susan we can't go if we don't get the accessable shower etc. she said it was def. booked and we were in room 50 but to me that means absolutely nothing :confused3

do you think I should also phone special resort reservations or is that not if you are going via points. do you think they will get annoyed if I phone again.

Just this minute received an email.. I emailled my concerns then phoned and they are going to send out the proper confirmation. thank goodness. :)

Ali and boyz said:
do you think I should also phone special resort reservations or is that not if you are going via points.
The answer to this question is "no" if you were booked on points. Member Services (the reservation service for points) do all reservations; they don't use Special Reservations. They are on a different computer system.

We have a confirmation for an OKW grand villa for next March. It does say that it is "Accessible Vacation Home Guaranteed ".

It sounds like you are taken care of now. Good luck.

Sorry for more questions but I received my amended confirmatin today and it states ACCESSIBLE VACATION HOME CONFIRMED.
My question is on some of the threads people talk about fully accessable rooms with roll in shower etc and some of the room just have like the grab handles in the toilets etc. How do I know I have the one we need e.g. the roll in shower.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter