Was last week crowded??

stnet

DIS Veteran
We just got back from our trip May 5 - May12th. We thought the parks were extremely crowded, especially after reading how slow May was. Epcot on Friday the 11th was insane. All week at the Magic Kingdom, Fantasyland was crazy. It seemed to us that there were lots of people with younger kids (we were one of them our 4 year old was with) because the waits for Space Mountain, Splash, and Thunder were usually not over 15 minutes. I don't know it was really strange to me, just wondering what some others thought who were there the same time. Our previous trip was in September and it was way less crowded.

We were there May 7-11th. We were in the MK on the 8th (Tuesday) and walked in on most rides. It seemed to get busier as the week went on. Epcot on Friday (the 11th) was crazy. There were a lot of school groups and the Extra Magic Hour didn't help. We ate in the Land at Sunshine Seasons and had a hard time finding a table. We left there and went to MK and walked on to Pirates. But compared to March when my sister goes, it is not crowded.

Yep, it was crowded from the 1st through the 5th as well.

We saw lots of these:

DSCN2702.jpg

DSCN2710.jpg

I'm convinced there really is no "quiet" time to go anymore. The word has gotten out!

We also were there May 3-10 and I noticed it was a lot more crowded than it usually is this time of year.

On Saturday (May 5) we went over to MGM and it was insane. We ended up hopping over to Epcot to spend the rest of the day there.

Sunday at Magic Kingdom was okay. We didn't really get to hit most of the Fantasyland rides that day because the wait times there were just too much. However, we were able to ride Space Mountain waiting in the stand by line only 10 minutes and rode Buzz 3 times in a row only waiting 5 minutes when the stand by line outside said that the wait was 20 minutes!

The other day that stands out as being really super crowded to me was on Monday at Animal Kingdom. That was bad. We stayed only so that we could catch the new Nemo Show. We got to the first performance about 20 minutes before showtime and it was already full. Fortunately, we caught the second show by getting there 45 minutes prior to showtime. The safari ride was at 90 minutes most of the day and Everest had no fastpasses left when we went by at 11:30.

However, the crowds seemed to be a lighter Tuesday at MK & Wednesday at Epcot.

All in all, we had a terrific vacation. The weather was also really great! The worst part of the whole thing was having to come home. :rolleyes:

We were there 4/29-5/5...I didn't find it very crowded, but we tended to be at parks at opening, took breaks in the afternoon, then would go back in the evening, but not for the large rides (although we never had trouble riding 1 or 2 of the biggies with Fastpasses in the evening, even if we didn't get to the park until 5pm or later).

I think the most crowd we experienced was Friday, 5/4 at MK in the morning. Lots of school groups were there, and we skipped out by lunch to avoid heat and the long lines that were forming. However, we went to MGM that evening and rode everything we wanted with little to no wait (Fastpassing RockNRoller Coaster).

I was there May 5th-11th too! I didn't think the crowds were bad at all! It was more crowded than the same week last May, but not terrible.

Worst was Thursday night at MK, other than that though we didn't have too many long waits. On Tuesday, we walked on to Everest twice with no wait and Sunday night and Wednesday afternoon we did RNR at MGM with only 5 minute waits both days.

Thursday night at MK, we tried the Princess Room in Toon Town around 7pm and it was a 75 minute wait, but we went back at 8:30 and it was only a 15 minute wait.

We only really had to Fast Pass Soarin' and Test Track, both of them were running 60-70 minute waits, but we went early, got our FP's for those and it was fine.

I did notice alot of little kids...we didn't really do much in Fantasyland though. Just Small World, Peter Pan, Philharmagic and Dumbo, but I purposely went to Fantasyland about 8:30pm on a Spectro Parade night...it was practically empty....Spectro is a great time to ride just about everything, let me tell you!

We were there from the 5th to the 12th. The crowds did not seem to bad. We seemed to walk on most rides. Our problem was the people! There seemed to be so many rude people, I just could not believe it. We went to MGM on Tuesday and found a spot for the parade. My two kids, 7 &4 were sitting on the curb. I had adults standing in front of them and parents letting their kids go out into the parade. It was so stupid. I just don't understand. I will say that we will be going in January next time because I just can not handle so many rude people! It was really disappointing!

We were there from the 6th to the 10th. I didn't think any of the parks were bad! We were at the Magic Kingdom on the 9th and we didn't wait more than 10 minutes for any ride including the all the mountains!:thumbsup2

We were there from May 3-13, just back a few hours ago :(

The weekends will always be crowded. You get locals coming in for the weekend and especially May weddings.

Fantasy land is always busy. People with kids under 5 don't have to be worried about taking their kids out of school so Fantasy Land is busy every day of the year. Your best bet to hit there is during the parade or EMH.

We have gone to Disney every month but June,July & Aug and found May to be very managable. I found most of the times, except weekends, to not be very crowded at all. It was great!

We just got back a few hours ago - I thought the crowds were lighter than they were just a couple of weeks ago.

There were a great deal of school groups, and yes, Fantasyland was jam packed. We never did get to Small World, no way was I going to fight that crowd, but we walked on POTC, Laugh Floor and Buzz twice!

I think the worst part of the crowded Fantasyland is not being able to find a table at Pinocchio's Village Haus. We literally had to ask someone who was nearly finished if we could have their table and then quickly swap seats. As we did that, this lady came running up to try to plop herself down - not a chance!

Epcot on Friday was kind of crowded, but other than Soarin' (FP), we didn't wait in any bad lines.

Hoping the 'not so bad' crowds stay that way for a bit longer.........we head out on Thursday (I know it over a weekend, so we anticipate typical weekend crowds), but just don't want 40 to an hour waits......UGHHHHH....

We were at Epcot the evenings of Friday 5/11 and Saturday 5/12. We were surprised at how crowded the park was--reminded us very much of Fridays and Saturdays during the Food and Wine Festival. We had a wonderful time, though! We didn't even attempt to do any of the popular rides though--we just went on Spaceship Earth during EMH Friday night and the newly-updated ride in Mexico.

We were there May 6th -13th. Just got back a few hours ago myself. (IT is awfulto be home. ) I thought the crowds were strange for this time of year.

Sun 6th at MGM.
we walked on ToT and RnR. Lots of people in the park but everything walk on.

Mon Epcot we did the same thing walk on soaring twice Walked on TT twice. Walk on , Nemo, Land, lots of people but ok on rides.

Tues. May 8th AK was crowded but we went on EE 2 times in a row. walked on dinosaurs twice, bugs life right on. But Safari ride had 1 hour wait all day. We fass passed.

Wed BB all slides walk on till about 1 started to get crowded. Back to MGM for Fantasmic. Waits for RoR and ToT 20 min.

Thurs May 9th MK crazy. Fasses passed all day that we could rest of waits 30 to 60 min. Spectro crowds crazy and wishes crowds crazy.

Fri morning Tl all slides walk on till 1 then got busy. Epcot that night was in sane. I have never seen it that crowded. It was Late EE night. Which is a waste. We never rode 1 ride after Illuminations all lines 1 hour stupid. I will never do a late EE night again.

All in all you could still get everything inn you want. You just have to use fast pass.

We were there May 5-12 and thought it was much less crowded than when we were there Dec. 2-9 last year.

I do follow Tour Guide Mike's recommendations to the letter, and it works like a charm every time. The longest line we stood in was for the safari, and we spent 15 minutes in the Fast Pass line.

Otherwise, we walked on everything. From Splash Mtn to Space Mtn to Everest to everything in Fantasyland, we waited in no lines -- literally none -- that were any longer than three or four minutes at most. We rode Soarin' twice, Pooh twice, Dumbo, POTC -- pretty much all of it.

We're going back in October, and I expect it to be more crowded, but I'm not at all worried thanks to TGM.

We were there May 5th-9th and yes it did seem quite crowded for May to me. Early morning was ok, EHM night at MK was insane, EHM night at MGM was pretty empty.

I was at the MK on Wed. the 9th. Blissfully un crowded. It was great!

I was also at the MK for a one day power trip on May 9th and pretty much walked on to everything. I didn't get into the park until 11:00 am, and while it looked like there were a ton of people walking in with me, my longest wait was my first ride (SM) and it was about 10 minutes. The rest of the day, I was walking on rides with 5 minute or no wait times. The only fast past I used was for PPF, which consistently carried a 20-30 minute wait time. It was awesome, especially since I was only there one day.

We were there May 5-12
Sun Mk - not too bad - stand by lines were around 20 for the mnts
Mon AK - a little crowded - cleared out afternoon
Tues Epc - seemed very crowded -
Wed MK - very light
Fri Mk seemed pretty mobbed w/ a lot of school groups

Overall, it seemed light early in the week and then picked up by the end of the week

Weather was good - had a great time

We were there too and on Tue. 5-8 MK was light. It seemed that there were a lot of people in the park but the rides were all like 5 minutes. Peter Pans Flight said 40 minutes for the wait time but waiting in line and once off the ride the total time was 20 minutes for the entire process. Nothing was any longer than that and it was nice! Typhoon Lagoon on Thursday was the same way - seemed like a lot of people were there but you basically walked right on the slides. Longest wait was to get lunch at Typhoon Tillys.

I will say that the DownTown Disney area was crowded on Wednesday late afternoon into the night!!!! It was crazy busy!

We were there the 5th thru the 12th, followed TGM except for Friday night.

As you can tell the crowds were INSANE!!!

Had a rain shower on the 5th:

47b7db35b3127cce8453a3c9083c00000026102ActHLJm0cMe

The 9th was pretty terrible also :)

47b7db35b3127cce8453a3b2897700000026102ActHLJm0cMe

47b7db35b3127cce8453a073c92f00000026102ActHLJm0cMe

But we managed :) :)

Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter