Was last week crowded??

Excellent post WildBill -- hope to have to go thru the same agony that you experienced when we arrive on Friday.:cool1:

Oh how I dream of seeing the parks that 'busy' Wildbill;)

Hope it's that 'bad' when we arrive this Friday - just a short trip for us so short lines would be nice!!

I just returned from a trip May 5-12 and found the crowds very manageable. Maybe a little heavier than my usual time at the end of January, but not bad at all.

Sun., 5/6: MK, arrived around 2 pm, had minimal waits for most rides, had to FP SM, stayed for PM EMH and walked onto most rides

Mon., 5/7: EPCOT used FP for Soarin' and TT, but most others were minimal to no waits.

Tues., 5/8: MGM used single rider line for RnRC, got FP for ToT but didn't need it..there was absolutely NO WAIT all day long...we even walked on at 7:30 pm. Lines/crowds here were very light all day.

Wed., 5/9: AK walkways were crowded but lines were not bad, except for KS had 45-60 min waits all day and FP return ~2 hrs later. I think this was due to the fact that one loading side is closed for rennovations. There was a note on the map that they are not running FP for EE during the week...I don't know if this is just for May or what...but used single rider line with no problem. Walked onto Dinosaur multiple times. Stayed for 1 hr of PM EMH, but had to leave for Cirque at 9 pm.

Thurs., 5/10: day at the beach :-)

Fri., 5/11: MK in AM for early Crystal Palace breakfast, afterwards went straight to Fantasyland and got FP for PP, rode IASW, Pooh and PhilharMagic with minimal waits, everything else was minimal wait, got FP for Buzz around 1 pm with return time ~40 min later. Left at 3:30 pm for break in room then went to EPCOT in PM for EMH. TT and Soarin' had 45-60 min waits, TT was down for all of EMH :-( everything else was a walk-on...rode Soarin' at 11:45 pm with no wait.

Overall, the weather was great...hot on Sun., but cooler most of the week until Sat. Only one afternoon thunderstorm.

The crowds were not bad, though the day at AK and the last day at MK/EPCOT seemed more crowded than the others. The PM EMH we did seemed crowded at first, but cleared out pretty quickly and were empty by the end. (We didn't do any AM EMH this trip.)

Poohbear
pooh:

We just got back ourselves. May 5-12. I thought the crowds weren't bad either. We had excellent luck w/ using fastpasses, and a great trip. The only thing that really REALLY gets me is the rude people. I feel that if you wait one hour for the parade that someone shouldn't just walk up at the last minute and sit infront of your child. It really got to me this week because we had people do that over and over. It is just so unbelievable to me that people think this is perfectly fine behavior. My husband was so annoyed he tried saying something several times but it is pointless............anyone else have this problem? and an effective way to handle it?:confused:

I agree that most ride waits weren't bad at all. It just seemed that there were a lot more people in the parks, on the buses etc.. Like I said my husband and I both thought it was strange. The really only bad day for us was Friday at Epcot during the afternoon. We went back for EMH that night and waited in the Soarin line for about 35 minutes glad we did though because DD4 fell asleep as soon as she was back in her stroller!! Overall I know the parks weren't crazy summer busy by any means just was surprised at the crowd level compared to Sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter