Warm enough to swim at the pool in Feb?

DLM22

Earning My Ears
Hi, all! Headed to POR in 13 days (but who's counting) and we're all super excited, but we've only ever been to WDW in August before. Will we be able to use the pools in February? I know they'll be open, and that technically they're heated, but.... What say you? Do you use the pools in the winter when you go?

Thanks!

We’ve swam in feb with no prob! Weather ia consistently inconsistent. We had warm and cold the whole week but we loved it. Pack for everything!

We will be at WDW the same time as you! Yay!! We've been in January and had days we were able to swim. We are deifinitly bringing swim suits and hoping for some days warm enough to swim. I always look at the projected forecast a few days before our trip to get an idea of what the temperature will be each day.

The pools are usually heated pretty well. My son would swim even if it was cold. Not so fun to get out though!

We'll be checking the forecast, I guess i just don't know if 75 (for example) is warm enough to swim in. At home (Maryland), I don't get in the pool unless its 90 degrees out, but our pool isn't heated. LOL I know the kids will want to swim, I Just don't know if I will regret letting them. :-)

Hopefully Feb will be ok.
When we went last january the pools were only open 1 day. It was really cold that trip!

we have 13 days too! Once my girls see a pool, they'll want to jump in. Hoping for at least one warmer day.

We have only gone in Feb. once in 2008. What I found funny was we were wearing t-shirts and we passed a couple of teen girls in bikini's heading to the pool. The check in girl was a local. She had on a heavy jacket.

This is a bit subjective. We went in March 2016 and tried swimming but it was so very cold to us (low-mid 70's). Other people were having a great time and seemed to be perfectly fine swimming at that temp. For our upcoming trip we are not planning on packing swimsuits.

For reference we are from Houston (similar climate to Orlando).

It's a definite maybe :rotfl:
Honestly in February we've had 80 and 40 in the same week. Too cold for me, but my kids will swim if it's above 75 or so.

We've never had an issue. I think as long as you are from a cold weather climate you'll be absolutely fine! We're from PA and we are comfortable swimming as long as the temp is in the 60s.

Pull up the weekly or monthly weather forecast for the month you'll be there and you'll have this year's info.
I'd pack swimwear anyway since it doesn't weigh much.

I was wondering the same thing. We're looking at going next February. Last visit was a December and it was too cold most of the trip for us southern Californians to swim. My boys are all very thin and get cold very easily, so it has to be warm enough for us to bother going swimming. I'm trying to talk the other adults in my group into going in September instead, since it's sooner.

When our boys were kids we frequented WDW in January &/or February. Our boys ALWAYS swam, and we usually did a water park one day during our visit.
We were coming down from Maryland - so it seemed plenty warm to them!

We're going end of Feb and have watched the weather and it looks like its been warm enough for us. Some people need 90 to swim in the pools but we're content swimming in 75 degrees as long as its sunny.

Recently came back from our late January trip. Our first day, the high was 59 degrees and the kids wore their jackets all day. Two days later, the high was 79 and we spent the entire day in t-shirts, with the exception of wearing swimsuits to go swimming in the Big Blue Pool at AoA. Pack the swimsuits (they don't take up much room) and if the weather is right, go for it!

I leave tomorrow and I am planning on swimming this weekend! 80 degrees+ for 2/4 days I am there and 70s the other two. With heated pools that is more than warm enough for a swim.

I personally think that it's all a matter of preference and comfort. My wife and I have never gone in February, but we've been in December, January, and March and we've hit the pools in each of those months. We actually swim in the evenings after we're done in the parks and the water feels really good when you're tired from all of that walking. Now, there may have been a few mad dashes back to the room after the swim, but the pool itself was just fine while we were in it. Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter