Want to earn $70 for 5 hours work every now and then to add to your Disney fund?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the great info, C. Ann! I have thought about some PT work, but nothing has seemed flexible enough for me. There are some weeks I can, and will want to work extra hours, but others I know I won't. Your sugggestion seems perfect for me, and there are opportunities in the town I live for Pepsi. Actually, I noticed a 4 hour gig paying $58 at my local Target for this Sunday, peddling diet Dr. Pepper and their coupons. I think I will sign up and see what happens.

Well as soon as anyone signs up and gives it a try, but sure to get back to us.. I can't do this until I purchase my new mini van (after the closing on my house)..

I know it works out fine for my sis in Florida, but I'd like to hear how it works out in other areas as well.. :)

SO, do they tell you what you'll need to use to set up (card table, table cloth etc...). What is the employee responsible for? Anyone have detailed info? Thanks. :sunny:

Hmm, sounds interesting- so, you can set your own hours? Where do you get the supplies (ie Dr Pepper) from? Sounds interesting- can someone please share any details or experience?

Thanks!

Thanks! Signed up - just need to print and send in the forms. They had a few opportunities coming up in my area - figured I'd try it. If all goes through, I'll report back with details.

Thank you for the info, this sounds perfect for my daughter. There were 88 openings in my area! I can't wait to tell her about it, I may even try it myself :thumbsup2

C. Ann--I've not done a Pepsi promo yet, I've done lots of others-Zatarains Rice, Loreal Cosmetic, Slim Fast, Kudos bars, and lots more. Mass C is one of many promo companies around the country so they may not be the specific one for your area. I filled out a W-4 and asked that taxes be taken out of my check, perhaps that is the difference, DMRick? Not sure...

As far as supplies, when you first fill out an application with MC, they ask if you have some basic items (toaster oven, toaster, small microwave, skillet, etc..) and pay you extra if you can bring it along with you to use for the demo. Other items, like shelf product (which would be whatever you need for your promo....i.e..Rice mix or Kudos bars) are taken from the shelf and purchased with the "MC card" they give you. You submit the receipts at the end to show what you've purchased with the card.

welovedis said:
C. Ann--I've not done a Pepsi promo yet, I've done lots of others-Zatarains Rice, Loreal Cosmetic, Slim Fast, Kudos bars, and lots more. Mass C is one of many promo companies around the country so they may not be the specific one for your area. I filled out a W-4 and asked that taxes be taken out of my check, perhaps that is the difference, DMRick? Not sure...

As far as supplies, when you first fill out an application with MC, they ask if you have some basic items (toaster oven, toaster, small microwave, skillet, etc..) and pay you extra if you can bring it along with you to use for the demo. Other items, like shelf product (which would be whatever you need for your promo....i.e..Rice mix or Kudos bars) are taken from the shelf and purchased with the "MC card" they give you. You submit the receipts at the end to show what you've purchased with the card.
-------------------------------

Thanks for the additional info.. When my sis did the Pepsi thing in Florida there was more than one person involved - don't remember her saying anything about an "MC" card or purchasing anything - but I do remember the "team leader" wondering about if there was enough on the pallet.. (Sounds like it may have been delivered directly to the store or was already there..)

Continue to keep the info coming.. I'd go ahead and apply now (there is an event coming up this weekend) but I'm still taking care of my DGD and I haven't purchased my vehicle yet..

Great info - thanks for sharing! :)

I'm not sure about the website you linked to, I didn't check it out, it may or may not be the same company I work thru. There are lots of them. For some events there are more people involved, but most events I work alone and that is fine with me. GL with your plans, hope all works out well!

welovedis said:
I'm not sure about the website you linked to, I didn't check it out, it may or may not be the same company I work thru. There are lots of them. For some events there are more people involved, but most events I work alone and that is fine with me. GL with your plans, hope all works out well!
------------------------------------

Take a quick peek at the web site.. The "event" will be listed and then on the right it gives the name of the company - Mass Connections.. :)

The application is pretty detailed- what do they need all that information for? I can't remember specific dates of prior employment - does it matter? Do they check references or something? A couple of places I worked don't exist any more & one place I would rather they did not contact like my current employer.

The Disney Bunch said:
The application is pretty detailed- what do they need all that information for? I can't remember specific dates of prior employment - does it matter? Do they check references or something? A couple of places I worked don't exist any more & one place I would rather they did not contact like my current employer.
-----------------------------------------------

I don't think I've ever seen a job application that "doesn't" ask for all that information.. It's pretty standard..

Do you have income tax records that you keep? If so, you can figure out when you worked where by looking at the copies of your W-2's..

I would assume they check references - most employers do.. Just leave off the one you don't want them to check..

I don't know everywhere I've worked, but I've been an independent contractor for 4 years and listed that (I didn't want to list everything I knew yet for a job that is just occasional - if they plan to hire me, I will give them more work history).

Denise

MickeyP said:
Did you notice they wanted 19.99 for opps to mystery shop.
--------------------------

What is "opps"? I didn't look at any mystery shopping offers.. :confused3

C.Ann-cool, I didn't realize it was thru MC, that is good. They've been very reliable and always pay quickly. I've talked with other promo people and some work thru MC, others thru another company and they usually trash talk that one. I've not been contacted about the Pepsi thing, but it looks interesting! Now that I've been with them for a while it seems that I tend to get either the same companies at different locations or the same group (like Proctor & Gamble) that type of thing. I don't usually keep looking for promos, I just check my emails when they contact me since I only do it about 2xs a month.

I'm interested to hear how people here like this type of thing. I find the pay to pretty good for the kind of work involved. If you like interacting with people you'll do well.

Also--I agree, if you are applying for a job anywhere you need to provide prior employment info. Also, this company will request your SS#, and you'll need to have a jurat signed by a notary where you'll show ID like a passport or drivers license and SS card. They do have you fill out a W-4 and an I-9 as well. Plus you have to send in copies of your DL & SS card IIRC. They are a legit company and need to make sure the same of anyone they employ.

GL!!!! Thanks for posting this C.Ann so others can see what kind of "side jobs" are out there. I was reading the work at home thread about the call center stuff and thought about mentioning it there but it seemed more "home" oriented. I think this is a better way to make more money in less time, just my 2 cents!

welovedis said:
C.Ann-cool, I didn't realize it was thru MC, that is good. They've been very reliable and always pay quickly. I've talked with other promo people and some work thru MC, others thru another company and they usually trash talk that one. I've not been contacted about the Pepsi thing, but it looks interesting! Now that I've been with them for a while it seems that I tend to get either the same companies at different locations or the same group (like Proctor & Gamble) that type of thing. I don't usually keep looking for promos, I just check my emails when they contact me since I only do it about 2xs a month.

I'm interested to hear how people here like this type of thing. I find the pay to pretty good for the kind of work involved. If you like interacting with people you'll do well.

Also--I agree, if you are applying for a job anywhere you need to provide prior employment info. Also, this company will request your SS#, and you'll need to have a jurat signed by a notary where you'll show ID like a passport or drivers license and SS card. They do have you fill out a W-4 and an I-9 as well. Plus you have to send in copies of your DL & SS card IIRC. They are a legit company and need to make sure the same of anyone they employ.

GL!!!! Thanks for posting this C.Ann so others can see what kind of "side jobs" are out there. I was reading the work at home thread about the call center stuff and thought about mentioning it there but it seemed more "home" oriented. I think this is a better way to make more money in less time, just my 2 cents!
--------------------------------------

Again, thanks for the additional info.. And I agree about it being a better way to make more money in less time because you can pretty much pick up these events whenever you feel like it, which in turn leaves you free to do other things..

Can't wait to give it a try! :)

I filled out the online application for Mass Connections. It is a long process and involves a test at the end. An easy one if you watched the orientation, it lets you fix mistakes as well. Now I have to mail a background check and a few other things. I hope this is worth it. It would be good to make some extra money on the weekends.
I didn’t see specific dates on the opportunities that came up for my city. I will have to go over it again. Or wait for an email once I get the paperwork in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter