• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wanna buy a Fastpass? It will cost ya $50

anyone have a number to call to get more info?

They wont give any information until tomorrow which is what I was told. It's through Disney Signature Services which is part of club level reservations so tomorrow at 9am I'm calling!!! (even though they said they will call me I can't wait lol)

Why the example? Because it's proof that you don't need to pay for FP+'s. Even on shorter trips we've gotten everything done. We'll do one day at DHS and arrive at RD for ToT, and a FP+ for TSMM.
I agree that you can get everything done by sacrificing time and doing some planning, but what if giving Fast Passes out at 90 days to a select group of guests AND giving Fast Passes to Good Neighbor hotels make it harder for the rest of us to book those fast passes at 60 days and repeat what you did?

Imagine trying to get fast passes for any of the new upcoming, big rides at 60 days. May be impossible unless you book a 7-10 day trip or stay in club level and pay for the extra fast passes.

Point well taken! The deluxe makes your trip easier. Paying for these FPs may make someone else's trip easier in a way they're willing to pay for. Maybe they don't want to RD like you (and I!) do. Maybe they don't want to have to plan so carefully to get done what they want to during the busiest time of year. This would make that easier -- for them. It's all subjective.
And If you spend about $500/night or more for CL, if they ever went to an unlimited system, you could stay less days & get more done.

Disney put out some more info yesterday. The 3 extra can be booked at 90 days, they can be any Tier, AND you can have them at multiple parks on the same day.
Thanks. Helps to figure out how this will all work out. More on that below.

At Universal, prices vary on the express pass. But on the cheapest day, you can spend $40 to ride EVERY ride one time. At the other end of the spectrum, for $150 (same price as WDW), you get UNLIMITED rides on every ride in 2 parks during a busy holiday. Unlimited rides versus 9 for the same price?...
So, I'm not sure that the price as it stands now is really competitive with what they're offering.

3 more FP in any park, 90day window, preferred viewing for fireworks/show. That’s more than what you get at universal, and six flags is in a different category to me.
I'm with MMM on this. Let's take AK as an example, since that is the location of the currently hardest FP to obtain (FoP). On your AK day, you will spend $50 more per person, and here is what your day will look like:
  • FoP: FP+ obtained 90 days in advance with a 100% chance of success in obtaining one.
  • Navi River: FP+ obtained 90 days in advance with a 100% chance of success in obtaining one.
  • Kilimanjaro Safari: FP+ obtained 90 days in advance with a 100% chance of success in obtaining one.
  • Expedition Everest: FP+ obtained 60 days in advance with a 99% chance of success in obtaining one.
  • Kali Rapids: FP+ obtained 60 days in advance with a 100% chance of success in obtaining one.
  • Pick your last favorite such Dinosaur or Character Meet and Greet: FP+ obtained 60 days in advance with a 100% chance of success in obtaining one.
  • Don't need a FP for Rivers of Light as you will have preferred viewing
You've now just covered the entire park. Everything else at AK can be done easily without a FP. So for $50 above your basic entry fee, (and the added cost of moving up to CL if such a move requires an additional outlay for you), you get Disney's equivalent of front of the line access to virtually everything in the park.

Now let's look at Epcot.
  • Frozen: FP+ obtained 90 days in advance with a 100% chance of success in obtaining one.
  • Soarin': FP+ obtained 90 days in advance with a 100% chance of success in obtaining one.
  • Test Track: FP+ obtained 90 days in advance with a 100% chance of success in obtaining one.
  • Spaceship Earth: FP+ obtained 60 days in advance with a 100% chance of success in obtaining one.
  • Pick another favorite such as Mission Space, a Character Meet and Greet, The Seas With Nemo, Living With the Land: FP+ obtained 60 days in advance with a 100% chance of success in obtaining one.
  • Running out of things to do here...Pick another favorite: FP+ obtained 60 days in advance with a 100% chance of success in obtaining one.
  • Don't need a FP for Illuminations as you will have preferred viewing.
Again, for $50 above normal admission price (and the added cost of moving up to CL if such a move requires an additional outlay for you), you have covered the entire park.

#@!*&^%$!!!@!&^%$!!! sorry for the language:rotfl2: but REALLY???? Slowly taking away what was formerly included as a 'guest' and monetizing EVERYTHING is seriously undermining the way I feel about Disney overall. And I say this as a longtime visitor and really big fan. I don't actually know how to feel about this except awful. This just feels so cheap. I am guessing it's just one in a long line of planned 'changes' that will 'enhance our visit' to WDW..... That line was the great promise of FP+ (uggg) and all the preplanning nonsense involved with that... I don;t usually do negative here but I feel so icky about this.

Thanks. Helps to figure out how this will all work out. More on that below.

Liked your examples. Now do some with park hopping in mind. I think that's also a game changer for lots of people, especially when there are so many Tier 2s that you don't even need one for.

Why the example? Because it's proof that you don't need to pay for FP+'s. Even on shorter trips we've gotten everything done.

Yes, of course no one NEEDS this offering. Your point is a good one... But we also don't need many offerings at Disney that are quite popular (VIP tours, dessert parties, etc).

And really, this offering will be most useful to those with money to spend that don't want to learn the ins-and-outs of MDE and the FP system. Over christmas/NYE week, I was able to get many highly desirable FPs by judicious and near constant refreshing (including TSMM twice for my family of 4). Anyone can do that and it costs nothing extra. So anyone who is outraged by this can spend a couple hours pouring over threads here and MDE, and learn the tricks. Or someone can spend money and not worry about it. Choices are great!

I also find it interesting that Disney is now pushing non-Disney and off-site resorts, i.e. the "Disney Springs Resorts".

I think in reality, Disney is recognizing the storm that's about to come in 2019 and is monetizing the heck out of it.

Once Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opens, the parks are going to be flooded with people. Not New Fantasyland crowded; not Pandora crowded; FLOODED with people. Remember, Fantasyland and Pandora were big amongst Disney fans; Star Wars is HUGE amongst Disney fans and non-Disney fans. I've spoken to people who were adamantly against going to Disney that are now saying "yeah, I'm gonna go check it out."

With the increase in crowds between SW:GE, then the 50's anniversary, you may need to bite the bullet and purchase this.

So I think Disney is accepting that in order to handle the amount of crowds, they need to be open to giving "perks" to off-site guests; and then make up for it elsewhere with the biggest supply-and-demand.

i talked to DVC Member Services yesterday afternoon. They confirmed that the Club Level Villas @ Jambo House are included :)
They referred me to Concierge-Signature Services for more information.

We are super excited about this!
We will undoubtedly never have the good fortune of staying Club Level AKV again--there are only 5 of each !
The odds were astronomical that we scored 9 Nights in a row Club Level!
And the new point charts show an increase for Club Level,
& we only have small amount of points!

This will make our Trip perfect,
as for less than the price of the Dessert Parties we may get the preferred seating,
PLUS Tier 1 fast passes exactly when we want them!!!!!

We all knew this was coming. I will gladly pay for the service if it trickles down to the deluxe category.
Me too! I’m not quite ready to upgrade to Club level for it since we spend so much time in the parks that we really wouldn’t get value from the other CL perks. And I’d like to see more than just 3 b/c I can do more than that for free now.

I somewhat understand why they have chosen to use the Club Level guests as the "test" case and yet I think this is the part that bothers me the most. We are traveling as 2 adults, 2 kids and a toddler. We initially considered booking a Club Level room at Contemporary. However, we have chosen to pay cash for a 2 bedroom villa at BLT (the laundry and the ability to warm bottles will make life much easier over a week with a messy toddler!). We are spending nearly double what we would have spent by staying club level and yet are not deemed "worthy" of this additional perk (which we likely would have considered). It just seems odd to me to alienate those spending significant money to stay in the villas (especially those paying cash).

I know what you are saying though, you are spending a lot, and you are. But you are getting a unit with a kitchen that sleeps 9 people versus a Club single room. That size unit in the CR on Club Level would be twice the price.

This will make our Trip perfect,
as for less than the price of the Dessert Parties we may get the preferred seating,
PLUS Tier 1 fast passes exactly when we want them!!!!!

We still don't know exactly how they're going to do this, but if you have to purchase it for ALL 9 nights, that's $450 per person. How is that less than the price of the Dessert parties?

#@!*&^%$!!!@!&^%$!!! sorry for the language:rotfl2: but REALLY???? Slowly taking away what was formerly included as a 'guest' and monetizing EVERYTHING is seriously undermining the way I feel about Disney overall. And I say this as a longtime visitor and really big fan. I don't actually know how to feel about this except awful. This just feels so cheap. I am guessing it's just one in a long line of planned 'changes' that will 'enhance our visit' to WDW..... That line was the great promise of FP+ (uggg) and all the preplanning nonsense involved with that... I don;t usually do negative here but I feel so icky about this.

While I can certainly understand some frustration everything is still as was the case before this new offer will be announced.... I mean there are desert parties, early morning magic, night time parties, vip tours, specialty cruises, all for a price and all around long before this and probaly long after this is announced. Everything is for a families decision about what they are willing to or can afford on their vacation

But what Disney has always offered in a vacation package is still there with no extra charges

And really, this offering will be most useful to those with money to spend that don't want to learn the ins-and-outs of MDE and the FP system. Over christmas/NYE week, I was able to get many highly desirable FPs by judicious and near constant refreshing (including TSMM twice for my family of 4). Anyone can do that and it costs nothing extra. So anyone who is outraged by this can spend a couple hours pouring over threads here and MDE, and learn the tricks. Or someone can spend money and not worry about it.
An interesting observation especially when one considers the following...

Once Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opens, the parks are going to be flooded with people. Not New Fantasyland crowded; not Pandora crowded; FLOODED with people. Remember, Fantasyland and Pandora were big amongst Disney fans; Star Wars is HUGE amongst Disney fans and non-Disney fans. I've spoken to people who were adamantly against going to Disney that are now saying "yeah, I'm gonna go check it out."

With the increase in crowds between SW:GE, then the 50's anniversary, you may need to bite the bullet and purchase this.

Disney has an interesting dilemma on the horizon. A group of non-Disney folks are going to descend on WDW in the near future and will be arriving at the most crowded, (read: frustrating) time in WDW's history. Few of these non-Disney people will have mastered the strategies necessary to beat the system. Without any coping strategy at all, they are likely to have a miserable time and join the chorus of people who leave vowing never to return. Disney wants to court new repeat customers, not breed frustrated one-and-done'ers. So.....it has created a method by which they can buy their way out of all that research and planning and still leave feeling fulfilled. Of course, this assumes that the "I love Star Wars but I am not a Disney nut" people learn how to buy their way out of what would otherwise be a very frustrating trip.

We still don't know exactly how they're going to do this, but if you have to purchase it for ALL 9 nights, that's $450 per person. How is that less than the price of the Dessert parties?

I think the math is one day with this versus a single dessert party. Some people actually do nearly one dessert party a day.

The poster you quoted didn't mention comparing this to a VIP tour, but that is also worth considering. A VIP tour can run $4200 for 7 hours (pricing is seasonal, but I am sure this new offering will be more popular in the busier months). In my experience, you are lucky to do more than 20 rides on a 7 hour VIP tour (it varies), so let's call that the maximum. Over 9 days and $450/person a family of 4 would spend $1800 and get an additional 27 FPs. Add in the flexibility of this offering versus the VIP tour, this new offering is a huge win IMO.

Last edited:
I'm sure anyone that has read through this sees that I'm intrigued and interested in this new offer coming tomorrow but I will tell you this........

We are staying club level on our upcoming trip for 10 nights with 6 day park pass.....if I'm told I have to purchase for all 6 park days then I will politely decline. While I'm seeing most of the benefits for a 3 day minimum, I begin to see a whole other vacation at having to purchase 6 days lol ....... Time will tell!!!!

I know what you are saying though, you are spending a lot, and you are. But you are getting a unit with a kitchen that sleeps 9 people versus a Club single room. That size unit in the CR on Club Level would be twice the price.
I think it is just a difficult position that Disney is putting our family in. And it seems like a poor business decision on Disney's part. Instead of Disney receiving an extra $600+ from us, they are forcing us to either choose to switch rooms (which would save us MUCH more than the $600 than they would receive in return) or stay where we are and not be able to pay for the fastpasses. At this point, we will stay and hope that it gets rolled out further. I think the pros of the villa outweigh this con and there is always the chance that this test could end before our stay. Unfortunately the club level suites do not offer us the main amenities that work for our family (mainly laundry and kitchen).

I don't always fully understand when people write what Walt would have wanted..... How does anyone truly know what Walt wants..... FULL DISCLOSURE info i'm about to provide was not known by me and actually someone a lot smarter then me on one of my facebook groups :) I did do some research after and found these facts to be true......

Don't forgot Walt, created Club 33, the most exclusive and profit driven opportunity in the parks, Walt also was the one that capitalized on his partnership with abc to drive attendance into DL, Walt was also the one that charged money just to enter Disneyland, which was unheard at that time.... so while we all woul like to believe Walt would want so much more , Walt was a business man just like Disney is a business trying to profit
A private club is different than the parks in general however. And any way you slice it, the prices on everything (even just the park tickets) at WDW have outpaced inflation more over the past 10-12 years than ever before that. I also say it's not a moral issue but it is kind of sad. At its current rate it seems the parks will eventually just become strictly playgrounds for the rich. That's definitely not what any CEO before Iger wanted.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter