WandaVision SPOILERS thread

Great video. I worked for a newspaper in Houston at the time and the producers contacted me so they can add our papers/boxes to the street and they can make that scene as realistic as possible. It ended up looking nothing like Houston.

Last edited:
Great interview with the director, Matt Shakman. A lot of behind the scenes talk on how everything played out. Almost a two hour interview. It starts 33 minutes in.

Cliff notes of items I found interesting for those that don't want to watch two hours.

- Was suppose to be 10 episodes but flow felt off so they condensed to 9.
- Series started before they finished production due to Covid shutdowns. They finished the finale two weeks before air date.
- They wanted to release 3 episodes at first to show the break from the sitcom feel at the end of 3 but that would have moved the finale up a week and they wouldn't finish in time.
- Feige and Shakman met with Dick Van Dike at Club 33 to get his insight on sitcoms during that period.
- They actually shot the first couple episodes in front of a live studio audience to give the sitcom feel. It was not a laugh track.
- They purposely shot the outside on the WB backlot to get the fake feel and get the iconic houses in the show.
- Some of the easter eggs were intentional and others were not, ie kickass was not intentional and was improvised by Olsen.
- The aerospace engineer line was added in later for flow and never meant as an easter egg. He wishes he didnt add it because the fan theories took away from the scene they spent months setting up.
- Boehner was Matt's idea and a nod to Growing Pains that he was a child actor on. (He was a child actor on a lot of 80s sitcoms.)
- Marvel gives them pretty much free reign on introducing characters/powers and then the next movie/show works off of that.
- They shot a scene with Monica, Darcy, Ralph, and the kids going into the basement to steal the darkhold and the rabbit turns into a demon but felt it wasn't needed for the flow.
- Marvel doesn't want them addressing rumors/fan theories even if they are wrong.
- No talk at this point for a season two and he doesn't even know how they would do a season two with how the story left off.

- They shot a scene with Monica, Darcy, Ralph, and the kids going into the basement to steal the darkhold and the rabbit turns into a demon but felt it wasn't needed for the flow.

Ah, that makes sense. In the comics Agatha was mother to a demon called Nicholas Scratch, or Mister Scratch. She refers to the bunny as "Senor Scratchy" in the show so I thought they might be going that way. Too bad it was cut.

Going to watch Episode 9 sometime on Disney + episode 8 was ok at least Wanda went back in time to save her husband Jarvis from dying

Just wanted to note that Marvel Studios ASSEMBLED is up with the first episode about how WandaVision was made. I won't give away too much, but the first episode was shot in front on a live audience. Also - they did test scenes of Vision recorded in black & white and found that the normal red makeup didn't look right, so they used blue makeup instead.

I am absolutely in LOVE with this series!

I already liked Wanda as a character, but this really shot her up to top 5 favorite superheroes on my list.

Also, Billy and Tommy showing up- YAY! I can't wait for the Young Avengers to happen. Those comic books are some of my favorite.

I love getting fed with all the Marvel stuff coming out- keep it coming!

I’m still learning all of the Marvel characters. I watched the whole series. I must admit I was just as confused at the end as I was when I first started watching it. I think if I had more background on all of the characters it might have made more sense.

I think if I had more background on all of the characters it might have made more sense.

Vision and Wanda:
1. Age of Ultron
2. Captain America: Civil War
3. Avengers: Infinity War
4. Avengers: Endgame (skippable kind of but if you watch Infinity War you need to finish the saga).

Pietro/Quicksilver
1. Age of Ultron

Monica & to make sense of some after credit scenes:
1. Captain Marvel

Darcy
1. Thor
2. Thor: The Dark World

Neither movies are big Darcy character studies though, she is just a sidekick.

Jimmy Woo
1. Ant-Man and the Wasp

Again just a side character, even more so then Darcy, but watching it makes his introduction scene in WandaVision that much sweeter in a geek out sense.

Everyone else, unless I am forgetting someone, was introduced in WandaVision so what you see is what you got.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter