Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

You're telling me?!?! I've not been back for a little over 6 years now. Have been here not going far from home, Marie and I caretaking of Marie's uncle. He passed away in January, 90 years old with dementia. With that issue now gone, I still deal with my own heart and lung issues. I do so very much miss being there, my once, or generally twice a year. Yes, I am due.
Sorry to hear about your health issues, Dan. A resort stay in cooler weather might do the trick. We have retired to FL, and this summer was absolutely awful. So, so hot and humid. Definitely not the weather for lung and cardiac issues. It's cooling off finally. A December trip might be just what you need.

What room request for a traditional, no view Dolphin stay? I've never stayed Dolphin before but know it's a big hotel so I'm kinda lost.

@gottalovepluto - when you book S/D you have the choice of rooms its a "you get what you pay for" so when you book a non-new room that's what you'll get - you might get an upgrade but more likely if you ask they will offer you a paid upgrade. When booking you'll see the following type of rooms;
Traditional “No or Limited View”​
Traditional Resort View (Resort view is Seeing the S/D building/grounds)​
Deluxe Resort View (better view but still grounds/buildings)​
Firework View (AKA Park views)​
Some rooms will state “Limited View” as well​

@gottalovepluto - when you book S/D you have the choice of rooms its a "you get what you pay for" so when you book a non-new room that's what you'll get - you might get an upgrade but more likely if you ask they will offer you a paid upgrade. When booking you'll see the following type of rooms;
Traditional “No or Limited View”​
Traditional Resort View (Resort view is Seeing the S/D building/grounds)​
Deluxe Resort View (better view but still grounds/buildings)​
Firework View (AKA Park views)​
Some rooms will state “Limited View” as well​
Of for sure, I know I'm getting a view of AC units and the odds of a status upgrade are the same as a snowball's in hell lol. I was thinking more along the lines of close to lobby, close to boats, etc. I'm just not sure if there are requests besides the general hotel request of close to lobby that I usually go with. If it's laid out like Swan where you go through the lobby for everything then my normal request will be just fine but I wanted to check with our Dolphin experts on what they usually request.

Of for sure, I know I'm getting a view of AC units and the odds of a status upgrade are the same as a snowball's in hell lol. I was thinking more along the lines of close to lobby, close to boats, etc. I'm just not sure if there are requests besides the general hotel request of close to lobby that I usually go with. If it's laid out like Swan where you go through the lobby for everything then my normal request will be just fine but I wanted to check with our Dolphin experts on what they usually request.
Yeah everything is through the lobby....

I usually do a few of the request that are on the Marriot site... but most the time even those aren't fulfilled. I often requests a high floor for the view, but last trip I was put on 3rd floor..... and it ended up be great as we never had to bother with an elevator. Half the time my request for early check does me no good either.

I'm assuming that Garden Grove still offers the 20% discount with AAA membership? Has anyone used it successfully lately?

@patty57 I haven't seen it any direct comments about AAA at GG, but Dan posted this back in August. This might be a good reason to text them to verify the % and if it's still active, but I think it's a safe assumption that it is.

Has anyone stayed at the Swan during the Food and Wine Classic, but not attended the event? I just realized we have the Swan booked over that event weekend and I'm now concerned the resort is going to be overrun with rowdy guests (looks like the alcohol flows at this event). I have a great rate there, but I'm tempted to switch to a WDW resort.

I'm assuming that Garden Grove still offers the 20% discount with AAA membership? Has anyone used it successfully lately?

@patty57 I haven't seen it any direct comments about AAA at GG, but Dan posted this back in August. This might be a good reason to text them to verify the % and if it's still active, but I think it's a safe assumption that it is.
I go along with Steve, Patty. I've not heard anything to the contrary.

Has anyone stayed at the Swan during the Food and Wine Classic, but not attended the event? I just realized we have the Swan booked over that event weekend and I'm now concerned the resort is going to be overrun with rowdy guests (looks like the alcohol flows at this event). I have a great rate there, but I'm tempted to switch to a WDW resort.
I've never been there during this event, but I am confident that it is not like Epcot's drinking issues. I am pretty sure you'll be fine.

https://swandolphinfoodandwineclassic.com/

Last edited:

We have, a few times over the years, and it was a total nonissue. We have also stayed during the huge conventions, e.g., Gartner Symposium. Again, other than extra buildings--nonissue to the guests until the bars start hopping in the lobby late at night.

We have, a few times over the years, and it was a total nonissue. We have also stayed during the huge conventions, e.g., Gartner Symposium. Again, other than extra buildings--nonissue to the guests until the bars start hopping in the lobby late at night.
Did you hear noise in your room late at night from the event? Was at SR during a large convention that had a private beach party and we heard music late into the night from our high story room facing EP. We could hear it loud enough to tell it was interspersed with karaoke choices that are gonna haunt those professionals for the rest of their careers…

Did you hear noise in your room late at night from the event? Was at SR during a large convention that had a private beach party and we heard music late into the night from our high story room facing EP. We could hear it loud enough to tell it was interspersed with karaoke choices that are gonna haunt those professionals for the rest of their careers…

We have been at both Dolphin and Swan during these events and it was not an issue for us.

@gottalovepluto I'd agree with @Tess - we were there with a very large food conference, place was humming with conference attendees and vendors. But sound from the lobby and bars, even outside was never an issue. The only sound issue we had as the door across from ours, the room was used for some meetings or something and in the mornings it was opening and closing a lot. They used the door swing arm security thing to keep the door unlocked so people could come in, but they would just let the door go and it would slam. We stopped by the lobby and talked with somebody, no more problem after that.

Thank you to all who responded regarding noise issues during events and conventions. I feel a little better now and will probably keep the reservations. I am scouring resort prices for WDW and I would love to keep what I have at Swan/Dolphin, so hopefully it will all work out. A little concerned the boat dock won't be available on Nov. 11 during the event however (I believe the dock may be closed because they use the causeway for the event) - that's our Jollywood night and I don't think we are going to be in the mood to walk back from DHS at midnight :( I guess we can always get off at YC and walk from there, though not ideal.

A little concerned the boat dock won't be available on Nov. 11 during the event however (I believe the dock may be closed because they use the causeway for the event) - that's our Jollywood night and I don't think we are going to be in the mood to walk back from DHS at midnight :( I guess we can always get off at YC and walk from there, though not ideal.
I texted, here is response. I had to clarify their response, it was a little unclear at first. And I do not think that the walkway on the causeway that is under the canopy is used for the event. I think only the larger center area is used.

1697826446923.png

spelling

Last edited:
I texted, here is response. I had to clarify their response, it was a little unclear at first. And I do not think that the walkway on the causeway that is under the canopy is not used for the event. I think only the larger center area is used.

View attachment 803590

spelling

When we have been there the walkways were not closed to guests or anyone for that matter. The food stalls were set up along both the causeway between S&D and the walkway between Swan and the main pool. People freely traversed the area whether a part of the party or not--note, you couldn't participate in the food items without the appropriate tickets, but the walkways and boat area were available to guests.

One year it stormed and the entire area was decorated and ready to go--the Classic pivoted and moved to the ballrooms at the Dolphin. They didn't even try to dismantle the area--all of the beautiful decorations and settings were ruined.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter